• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 6.0 - L'Arachel Edition, Apparently?

Best Galar Starter?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Pokechu

chugga chugga
NNID
Pokechu
3DS FC
5000-1894-6879
Switch FC
SW-7547-3301-4325
"Piracy = stealing" is not an opinionated matter, it's objectively wrong to say they are the same thing.

This is like saying "milk and water are the same thing, don't tell me I'm wrong, it's my opinion man!".

Except I didn't make any. It's not an assumption to say that I have pirated games that I then went on to buy in the future, or continued to buy the future installments in that series. It's not an assumption for me to say that I know there are plenty of other people who do, when I know plenty of people who have, both in my personal life and online. Shishœ literally said that was the case for them right after I made my point, too.
If piracy=stealing is not an opinionated matter, then why are there multiple people on both sides? Dumbing down my stance to milk = water is once again, condescending.

And yes, you did make an assumption.
It has the potential to happen but more often than not, if a person pirates a game, they go on to buy it or at the very least, future installments in the series or other games by the company.
This is an assumption. You're saying more often than not, but did not back it up with numbers, and proceeded to tell me what I said was worthless, because I didn't back it up with numbers.

It's also not an assumption for me to say that there are many people who move from "buy" to "not buy", because it happens very frequently.
The number of people pirating without buying is likely at least equal to the number who pirate and buy.
This is the only assumption I've made, correct me if I'm wrong. And this isn't even an assumption; I put "likely" in there, meaning that it's possible, but could be wrong, as pirating attracts a lot of people; there's the people who want to try the game, and buy later, and the people who want to just get the game for free. Both groups are sizeable, but considering the nature of privacy, it's entirely in the realm of possibility that the second group outweighs the first (especially if people in the first group move from "buy" to "not buy").

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
Why is there an argument about emulation and pirates going on anyway? Something recently happen relating to it?
Nintendo smacked emuparadise with that lawsuit and is claiming a bazillion dollars in damages, so emuparadise preemptively just took down a lot of their roms.

Not like it'll help Nintendo or make their image look better though, so feel free Nintendo. You dig that hole.

mario123007

HELLO, YOU HAVE ENTERED THE DUNK ZONE
NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
All right. Here is how I see it.

Nintendo has the right to sue these ROM stuff. It is their property being given to others freely. While the price sounds high, I agree that the ROM people deserve some kind of justice.

The problem is, if Nintendo wants to tackle down pirating, than they need to find a better way to give us access to these older games.
Yeah, exactly. That's why I think going just on one side on this is a bit of a joke.

Fire Emblemier

The Crests are to Blame
Switch FC
SW-2862-0450-4332
I usually use roms to play rom hacks like Fire Emblem or Pokemon ones. Along with translation of games I wouldn't ordinarily get to play like Mother 3 for instance. Though, I dabbled playing games I already own as well.

Pokechu

chugga chugga
NNID
Pokechu
3DS FC
5000-1894-6879
Switch FC
SW-7547-3301-4325
Chrom's Palutena's Guidance is just going to be this (but replace Ike with Roy).
PIT: Whoah, the Ike clone from last time really got in!
CHROM: You're right I did! I got my chance another day!
VIRIDI: Really!?! What? Why you? I thought we established you were literally a clone!!
PALUTENA: Hold up Virdi, Hold up Chrom. You're one of those "Echo Fighters", aren't you?
PIT: An "Echo" what?
VIRIDI: What?
PALUTENA: In this installment of Smash Bros., some characters are taking on the moveset of other characters and joining the fray. These fighters are known as "Echo Fighters" because of their similarities to another character on the roster.
PIT: Uh... Palutena... you just CRASHED into the fourth wall!!!
PALUTENA: I don't know what you're talking about, Pit...
VIRIDI: Anyways, it turned out to be true! You're STILL a clone! You didn't even get your own chance.... you got Ike's!
CHROM: Hey! It's still better than what you managed to get!
VIRIDI: You little-!
VIRIDI: Well, I'd rather have this role as a commentator over than have a role as essentially a whole other character. My moveset would be better than all of yours, COMBINED! I'm just too good for this!
PIT: Hey, if he's just Ike... then his weaknesses are Ike's too, right?
PALUTENA: Yes. "Echo Fighters" share weaknesses and strengths with their counterparts.
PIT: Oh, this should be easy then!
PALUTENA: Watch out, though. "Echo Fighters" have a few adjustments. In Chrom's case, instead of the ferocious fires Ike starts, Chrom can wield the power of thunder.
VIRIDI: Lame!!!! I'm the Goddess of Nature, that's gonna do nothing to me!
CHROM: You wouldn't have that same mindset if you got out of your box and fought!
VIRIDI: Yes, I would! I would just send your thunder attacks RIGHT BACK at you! Gods, just because you cloned Ike's moveset didn't mean you had to clone his brain! How'd Robin, the tactician, even get paired up with YOU?
PALUTENA: Viridi, enough. I think it's time we see who wins this fight: Ike Two.... or Pit One...
PIT: Oh, you did NOT just go there!

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
If piracy=stealing is not an opinionated matter, then why are there multiple people on both sides?
Because the people saying they are the same thing are being purposefully ignorant and obtuse.

Just like the people who think milk and water are the same thing.

This is an assumption. You're saying more often than not, but did not back it up with numbers, and proceeded to tell me what I said was worthless, because I didn't back it up with numbers.
It's not an assumption because the success of many games, including some of Nintendo's own games, can be attributed to piracy.

I'll admit it may be a slight bit hasty to say "more often than not, people buy the games later", but not on the point of "people go on to buy future games in the series".

Anyone who is 100% against piracy yet plays Fire Emblem Heroes should delete that game and their account for it, right now. Because that games owes it's existence and success in the West to piracy.

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
I still can't realize that we live in a world where Ridley & King.K.Rool are actually going to be playable character in a Smash game.

Like...
5f0.png

Wow

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
I still can't realize that we live in a world where Ridley & King.K.Rool are actually going to be playable character in a Smash game.

Like...
View attachment 158188
Wow
I still think those two being in is a dream.

I'm very curious how Sakurai is going to top that when we got two of THE most requested characters in nearly 20 years and then some while we're still 4 months away.

D

Deleted member

If piracy=stealing is not an opinionated matter, then why are there multiple people on both sides?
I really want this argument to be over already but this is such a stupid counter-argument when we live in a planet where there are people who legit think it's spherical.

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
I still think those two being in is a dream.

I'm very curious how Sakurai is going to top that when we got two of THE most requested characters in nearly 20 years and then some while we're still 4 months away.
I think Isaac and especially Geno would be the only characters that could surpass our duo of reptiles in term of "WTF, THEY ACTUALLY DID IT?!!?" scale.

Isaac because he was a giant fan favourite since Brawl, with him being always with Ridley & K.Rool and his fan wanting Golden Sun to be alive again.

Geno because.....I mean, if Geno get in, then that will show that, indeed, if your support for your character is so big and still alive after all this years despite the character you want only apparearing in two games (the later one being a cameo of 5 seconds) and being a third-party character, then it will show that anything is truly possible....as long as your a video game character that is.

Last edited:

Pokechu

chugga chugga
NNID
Pokechu
3DS FC
5000-1894-6879
Switch FC
SW-7547-3301-4325
I really want this argument to be over already but this is such a stupid counter-argument when we live in a planet where there are people who legit think it's spherical.
I wasn't going to respond any further anyways but that's not stupid at all. I was saying that a strong argument can be made for both sides. There's nothing that factually disproves one side.

is that a typo or do you think the Earth is flat LOL

D

Deleted member

The Earth is not flat.
It is an irregular sphere, but you can count it as a sphere.

D

Deleted member

I wasn't going to respond any further anyways but that's not stupid at all. I was saying that a strong argument can be made for both sides. There's nothing that factually disproves one side.

is that a typo or do you think the Earth is flat LOL
The Earth is not flat.
It is an irregular sphere, but you can count it as a sphere.
Lmao look at these brainwashed nerds believing the Earth isn't flat. They're lies, they're all lies created by the

D

Deleted member

Lmao look at these brainwashed nerds believing the Earth isn't flat. They're lies, they're all lies created by the
Do your science, buddy.

The Earth is not flat at all.

The Earth is an irregular sphere.

Last edited by a moderator:

redfeatherraven

Walk the Earth
Premium
BRoomer
NNID
RedTheMastermind
3DS FC
0576-4747-0597
Switch FC
SW-4098-7445-3995
@ShinyLegendary

Said I'd post the squad when I had a minute.

Well. I do.

dragon squad 8 16 18.png

Merges, from top to bottom, are: +6, +6, +4, and +6.

There's a couple things I'd like to improve, but my big goal so far has been to raise everyone to +10. So while I have ideas, and despite some suboptimal current options, team's been mostly static for awhile now.

Chrono.

Gon and Hisoka from Hunter X Hunter are in JUMP FORCE. Only Gon and Hisoka, no Killua or Kurapika.

Also New York stage confirmed.

V JUMP is leaking but nothing on FighterZ yet.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Revisionism.

The earth is thicc, dammit.

D

Deleted member

@ShinyLegendary

Well. I do.

View attachment 158193

There's a couple things I'd like to improve, but my big goal so far has been to raise everyone to +10. So while I have ideas, and despite some suboptimal current options, team's been mostly static for awhile now.
Dragon Emblem, I see.
You can probably defeat my team.
Those are some impressive units. I have seen some other impressive units like False Sense False Sense having a Grima +8 and a Robin +10. :p
One.png

Grima and Hardin are both +1.

I love your team!

D

Deleted member

I am not surprised we are talking about the Earth-chan.
I hope they learn that cleaning the Earth is useful.

Do not cut down a lot of trees. Recycle. Save energy.

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
@ShinyLegendary

Well. I do.

View attachment 158193

>Three sixes
>A four

Your team is literally Satan and pro-death.

Hot.

Starlight_Lily

Stage Overflowing with Starlight
What part of "I'm immortal" are you not getting?
This has nothing to do with your immortality.

You wanted to start chaos, then run away from it, so I brought it to you. :V

I really would like to know this thread's opinion on fangames like AM2R
Their cool.

The Earth is a ball, its misshapen piece of rock, that we need to stop killing. :v

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom