• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 6.0 - L'Arachel Edition, Apparently?

Best Galar Starter?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
I just support the products I like, regardless of the company. So I would say do that. Though if you are really concerned There's other consoles to buy I guess.
I already have a PS3, I think that's the only no-nintendo console I ever need lol.
As someone who passionately disagrees with Nintendo's stance on emulation and ROM distribution, I don't think there is anything wrong with buying their games.

The decision to chase down ROM sites is a Nintendo corporate decision, not one made by developers (which would be Sakurai in the case of Smash Ultimate). And while the corporate bigwigs are getting a cut of that purchase, I do still believe developers deserve a return for their work, especially if it's a good game.

It also comes down to the fact that they're releasing games you want to play. You don't have to do everything in life in the name of something bigger than you. I don't even think boycotting them would change their stance on this, at least not boycotting their games in general. I think nothing short of a change to the laws regarding piracy would change Nintendo's stance, and even THAT is debatable, as Nintendo has been known to break laws for as long as possible in order to maintain their own anti-consumer policies in the name of money, as are a lot of other video game corporations. The video game industry is still super archaic like that.

So yeah TL;DR you're allowed to buy what you want.

Maybe this tweet I made yesterday is relevant now.

I see.

I asked this because I didn't want to look like I didn't care about what they did and just praise what they were doing with their games, but in hindsight, I think I was just scared for things I shouldn't. Nintendo is a company, and like every company it make really dumb decision from time to time, but as long as they put games I love and play again and again, I continue to buy their products.

Thanks for answering my post and helping me. :)

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Disagree or not, a good moderator can't let bias dominate their judgement when doing their job. They're meant to be moderators.

Unless this is some weird place where a mod can ban people just because they don't like that member's avatar or something...
I didn't know this was Neogaf!

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700

Starlight_Lily

Stage Overflowing with Starlight
Party face is usually the highest Cha score with the appropriate social abilities.

That's almost always the Bard when you've got a Bard to do it, but a Paladin is a viable alternative.

Unless it's our paladin.

#CoriForFace

Nope.

Just Deadlands and 5E.
Cori should have all the proper social skills though, since Shishœ is vying for Templar Paladin. :V

Oh, that's a shame, it can be fun. Also I really want to try Deadlands always wanted play out my fantasy of being a dual wielding gunslinger in the Wild West.

thank cori playing both team tank and team killer :V
along with sprays of bullets crippling them so they do crappy shots

teeeeeeechnically unis still alive....as his code is the only one not jumbled or still existing :V

reason why he'll carry us on through heart

lol, glad i don't got a god to respond to :V

can expect me to get into some **** though, planning to play my character clueless, curious, and self indulgement first :V

should be a great conflict instigator at least
That won't last long, its Death Flag Uni after all. :V

That doesn't sound good...

I'm only saying that to make some chaos happen, buddy.

We'll be watching. Have some popcorn that I can microwave. :p
Jumps through window

The Chaos has come to you Uni, since you won't join in.
8c6.gif

Why I didn't notice this before?
Holy crap.

Venus is Maria! :crazy:

redfeatherraven

Walk the Earth
Premium
BRoomer
NNID
RedTheMastermind
3DS FC
0576-4747-0597
Switch FC
SW-4098-7445-3995
I will shill until you do. Until you ALL do. Mark my words.

Smooth Criminal
By all means. Heard a little about it, seems alright. There's just a lot of fun things I can't be arsed to do.

redfeatherraven

Aping your style is fun.

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
Welp, this stuff went fast.
PullsOPain.jpg

It ended with a sour note but at least I have orbs to summon on the other bann-*I only get 3 star units*
mfw:
hidethepainmic-m.jpg

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
What does androobie have to do with this? No one targets you.
You guys might not be actively targeting him, but its clear a good chunk of you think you're better than him (you aren't.)

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

You guys might not be actively targeting him, but its clear a good chunk of you think you're better than him (you aren't.)
True, true. I mean, I think Shiny's cool. But I'm not nearly as active as I used to be.

Speaking of which, I was around Shiny's age when I first joined this site. I mean, I joke around with him, but I do that with everyone.

Plus he totally kicked my ass when we battled Pokémon showdown. More so than @Shishœ. Who tries to convince himself that he can kick my ass without Feralgatr.

But yeah, seriously. I know how it feels to feel unwelcomed. So I definitely know where he's coming from that being in a position I've been in before and sometimes still find myself in.

Last edited by a moderator:

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
Nobody is better then anyone here. We don't do that **** here.

Well okay, factually I'm better than @Shishœ at Pokémon, but that's a different matter. :troll:

EDIT: After posting this, the site crashed lol

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
View attachment 158020
I didn't come here to see people defend Nintendo for taking down the only access to certain games.
Preservation isn't an archive collecting dust that no one can see, preservation is allowing everyone to have access to it. Hell, it can't even be a physical archive because videogame cartridges rot, they become unusable after a while, they need to be stored somewhere this doesn't happen and the internet was the perfect place for it.
"Oh but piracy" only 10% of SNES games are avaible on the Wii U EShop, it can't be piracy if they aren't even selling it. And once that shuts down, the Switch has no Virtual Console program.
And it's not even older games, think of GC/Wii games like Path of Radiance and Radiant Dawn which are known for their high prices due to how rare they are, Nintendo doesn't profit off them so what's the argument against emulating those?
I'm of the mind that I've got access to so many other games that I don't bother pirating any.

Like there are games I would like to play that haven't been rereleased or localised but I don't go and pirate a copy because it's just a video game. I'm never going to play every game I want to and I'm perfectly fine with that because of how much I get to enjoy the games I already have and the games I will get to play in the future.

Maybe I'm too content with what I have but whatever. People can ***** all they want but is persoanlly missing out on some video games really that important? I don't think so.

Conversely, it would be better if Nintendo was offering more of its older titles. When given the option to get things legally, people do tend to do so, or at least according to Netflix.

D

Deleted member

Mythra Mythra
I posted it.

It is going to be a broken image, so I guess you are right.

ShinyLegendary

D

Deleted member

SEE!!! Maria laughs at your attempts!

Zinith
Post of the day. When ShinyLegendary tries to post Maria from Symphony of the Night, Alfonzo is in charge of posting it.
Alfonzo: "Leave it to me!"
But that was the one match that counted!
You want to Pokemon Showdown me?
If I can beat Prince Alcurad, I can beat whatever you sent me. :ultrichter:

ShinyLegendary

D

Deleted member

It took me a day or two to realize that I spelled "loses" wrong.
I guess I am stupid.

ShinyLegendary

AndreaAC

Ridley's Propaganda Artist
It took me a day or two to realize that I spelled "loses" wrong.
I guess I am stupid.

ShinyLegendary
That doesn't only happen to you, Shiny. Don't worry that much over something so simple and pretty much common around people, native and non-native English speakers alike.

D

Deleted member

Far as I've always seen it here:

Emulation is not itself demonized. Stating you have ROMs offhand isn't either per se. It's possible to do both legally - ChikoLad ChikoLad is probably the most prominent homegrown example, and he does nifty ****.

Open piracy is generally discouraged for its own sake, but in the context of this discussion specifically - well, if it were up to me, as long as he wasn't "inciting others to violate the law" (which I don't believe was his intent) I'd let it slide there as valid in context.

Genesis is a console near and dear to my heart - first I ever kind of bought with my own cash - so I've known they've been keeping it alive for a while. Always gives me the warm and fuzzies. 2017 is more recent than my last report, though - which just means fresh warm and fuzzies are the best ones.

I've honestly debated importing one for the hell of it once or twice. I can and do emulate my old library, but there's something about using the carts, you know?

Anyhoo. More to the point - what's the market for Mega Drive games look like compared to SNES games down there?
That's not the issue. Emulation is legal, backing up your own games to play them in emulators is perfectly legal. Openly admitting you download ROMs and ISOs, for whatever self justified reason, is generally something frowned upon everywhere and for good reason, unless you are on GBAtemp or something.

Fyi some websites have lost their Google adsense revenue from stuff like this, so I dunno how it works here, but being that this site is operated by some Project M dev members and they went out of their way to not condone piracy, I'd think it's better that even if someone does piracy, they don't admit that openly here.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
I'm of the mind that I've got access to so many other games that I don't bother pirating any.

Like there are games I would like to play that haven't been rereleased or localised but I don't go and pirate a copy because it's just a video game. I'm never going to play every game I want to and I'm perfectly fine with that because of how much I get to enjoy the games I already have and the games I will get to play in the future.

Maybe I'm too content with what I have but whatever. People can ***** all they want but is persoanlly missing out on some video games really that important? I don't think so.

Conversely, it would be better if Nintendo was offering more of its older titles. When given the option to get things legally, people do tend to do so, or at least according to Netflix.
It's fine if you are content with what's on the market but that's no reason to put others down if there are games they really want to play and aren't available by official means, so they take matters into their own hands.

Openly admitting you download ROMs and ISOs, for whatever self justified reason, is generally something frowned upon everywhere and for good reason, unless you are on GBAtemp or something
The only places where admitting you have pirated things is frowned upon is pretentious, overtly loyal Nintendo fan sites and the like.

Like go to a SEGA forum and nobody will care if you say you pirated Panzer Dragoon because good luck finding and being able to pay for a second hand copy that actually works.

D

Deleted member

The only places where admitting you have pirated things is frowned upon is pretentious, overtly loyal Nintendo fan sites and the like.

Like go to a SEGA forum and nobody will care if you say you pirated Panzer Dragoon because good luck finding and being able to pay for a second hand copy that actually works.
So it's pretentious to not condone piracy? And you're a Nintendo fanboy if you don't condone piracy?

And SEGA forum? That forum is absolute garbage and has been for a while with next to no moderation as you can tell by the gaming sections there. Not only that, it's kinda a dead site at this point with tons of bots spamming it all the time.

And...if the mods who I know are still active there, it certainly is against the ToS with 100% certainty.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom