• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 6.0 - L'Arachel Edition, Apparently?

Best Galar Starter?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Chrono.

pretty sure the new form was just thought up by a fan. Also I don’t really care about his opinion. He’s kinda an idiot, even if I’m subbed to him.
No I mean Gohan himself in the recruitment episodes said he wanted to achieve a new form, but nothing came of it.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Aw man. I wanted Gohan to be one of the last 3 for U7. But he had a good plan and went down taking the fastest fighter with him. He's had some cool fights this tournament, with the Namek fight being in the top 3 for me. He probably had one of best eliminations of the heroes yet. 18 is a close second though. I think Goku and Frieza might be the last two for the Jiren fight, while Vegeta takes down Toppo.

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
Aw man. I wanted Gohan to be one of the last 3 for U7. But he had a good plan and went down taking the fastest fighter with him. He's had some cool fights this tournament, with the Namek fight being in the top 3 for me. He probably had one of best eliminations of the heroes yet. 18 is a close second though. I think Goku and Frieza might be the last two for the Jiren fight, while Vegeta takes down Toppo.
Nah, Vegeta is winning the tournament. He deserves it.

Chrono.

They're sighing about the racism taht goes with the Ugandan X meme, not anything involving the movie

Or at least I hope.

Probably different people
I would be mad as hell if Gohan jobbed.

Again
wouldnt care he was fighting
:061:
He went out taking one of the last guys remaining, so definitely not jobbing.

I'd say the only guy who jobbed was Krillin. He got punked out super early.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
He went out taking one of the last guys remaining, so definitely not jobbing.

I'd say the only guy who jobbed was Krillin. He got punked out super early.
Yeah no love for Krillin. Or Tien. And only a little bit of love for Piccolo.

Nah, Vegeta is winning the tournament. He deserves it.
I feel like at this point, I shouldn't expect Vegeta to be the hero for an arc. But I would like to see it happen.

Chrono.

What a time to be alive.

Yeah no love for Krillin. Or Tien. And only a little bit of love for Piccolo.

I feel like at this point, I shouldn't expect Vegeta to be the hero for an arc. But I would like to see it happen.
Tien at least went out in a (kinda) blaze of glory. Still would've liked Yamcha over him.

Krillin just got played.

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
It's a wrestling term that's used more nowadays as a term for when a guy loses extremely quickly and looks really weak in the process.
Well from what I learned the twitch Channel called salty bet it's a pro wrestling term when a fighter loses a match but in a way that it feels like it was done on purpose and a jobber is one that loses a lot and does it routinely
Ah so then Hit was the King of jobbers.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
It's a wrestling term that's used more nowadays as a term for when a guy loses extremely quickly and looks really weak in the process.
But, originally, it meant that one guy would lose to make the other look stronger in comparison. Which happens a lot in pop culture like Anime and American comics.

What a time to be alive.

Tien at least went out in a (kinda) blaze of glory. Still would've liked Yamcha over him.

Krillin just got played.
Gotenks would be the one to pose with the Ginyu's wouldn't he?

Nah, Tien was thrown out like trash, taking care of a character who wasn't even seen before.

At least with Dypso getting the Raditz treatment from Gohan and Frieza, he was giving Golden Frieza some trouble when he was going at it on his own.

The elimination I'm most disappointed by was Piccolo only because none of the U4 guys were particularly interesting, but he didn't much in the way of development in this arc, so I wasn't sure how it could have handled. Except maybe U3 also taking out Piccolo the same time they did 18.

Starlight_Lily

Stage Overflowing with Starlight
Just go and pick up a Skylanders figure :troll:
Your not funny, just mean and cruel, plus get more creative with your trolling, like how Sakurai did.

Also anybody else watching the yuri anime Citrus this season? Cause

I'm not, this is the anime I'm watching:

Its called Hakumei to Mikochi, which is about 2 small girls who live together, and fall intense and purposes act like a married couple, and since its never said they're not in a relationship, I choose to read their relationship as an unmarried couple.

Also, have to ask what's everyone's favourite Pokemon Anime opening song, and just to make you guys actually have to challenge yourselves, I'm taking out the original English opening song, you have to choose a different one.

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
Your not funny, just mean and cruel, plus get more creative with your trolling, like how Sakurai did.

Also anybody else watching the yuri anime Citrus this season? Cause

I'm not, this is the anime I'm watching:

Its called Hakumei to Mikochi, which is about 2 small girls who live together, and fall intense and purposes act like a married couple, and since its never said they're not in a relationship, I choose to read their relationship as an unmarried couple.

Also, have to ask what's everyone's favourite Pokemon Anime opening song, and just to make you guys actually have to challenge yourselves, I'm taking out the original English opening song, you have to choose a different one.
Johto Journeys.

The theme to it is my jam.

Last edited:

Starlight_Lily

Hey, Opossum Opossum why no poll? And if somebody already asked, :troll:.

Johto Journeys.

The theme to it is my jam.
Cool, I really enjoyed the first Japanese X&Y theme, when I was watching it, I unfortunately fell behind by time it finished though.

Which brings me to a problem I'm having since 2016, I think I have to many geek activities, I watch a lot of anime, read a lot of manga, and play video-games, should I drop one, or keep going with them all, and add Tabletop RPGs to my activities as well, cause I have to say, being a geek who has interest in anime, video-games, manga and Tabletop RPGs, really isn't cheap, at all.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
So i just beat chapter 9 of awakening and

Oh ****

I didn't expect the game to present such a choice to me. That's cruel IS.

Last edited:

Starlight_Lily

So i just beat chapter 9 of awakening and

Oh ****

I didn't expect the game to present such a choice to me. That's cruel IS.
Do you mean the choice,

Of whether you save Emmeryn or not?

Also I just had this thought, while thinking of the Pokemon anime, anybody else find it really weird in the anime, how Delia's first Pokemon was a Mr Mime? Cause now a days since the anime and game have comprehensive lore and has done a lot of world building, its really weird how she has got a Pokemon journey at all. Unless in someone twist, it turns out Delia was the Pokemon Champion of Kanto the whole time, I know not likely, I just find it would be a hilarious thing if she was.

Also I have this rather silly theory, that all Nurse Joys and Officer Jennys are married to each other, after all can you name one Nurse Joy or officer Jenny who is married to somebody else, eh? And if not, oh well, still a fun theory and a ship from the show I enjoy shipping.

Chrono.

A tie between this one.

and this one.

powerprotoman

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5425-9729-7779
Ah so then Hit was the King of jobbers.
nah thats vegeta his entire goal post sayain arc is to never have any wins of value even when it looks like hes finally gotten a good win things like ressurection F happen

D

Deleted member

It is pretty interesting that some Americans like Japanese in their shows than their modern language.
Is it probably because it can sound "cuter and more attractive" and resembling an extremely intense moment better than their own language?
My dream is to speak ten different languages.

Last edited by a moderator:

allison

She who makes bad posts
NNID
crazyal02
3DS FC
0216-1055-4584
They're sighing about the racism taht goes with the Ugandan X meme, not anything involving the movie
yep. I honestly haven’t seen the movie before though, but based on replies it sounds really cool

NonSpecificGuy

V Has Come To
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
It is pretty interesting that some Americans like Japanese in their shows than their modern language.
Is it probably because it can sound "cuter and more attractive" and resembling an extremely intense moment better than their own language?
Never understood the appeal of it myself, though I would say it's because since it's directed by the director himself and not a foreigner the emotion would translate better. That is if you can differentiate every emotion.
Eh who cares about language, my dream is to speak ten different languages.
Well, I hope you started to or already have at least learned your second language. Otherwise your going to have a hell of a time.

The Stoopid Unikorn

Spiciest of Guacamoles
Switch FC
SW-4202-4979-0504
Eh who cares about language, my dream is to speak ten different languages.
First of all, sorry to pop your bubble, but speaking ten different languages is going to be one heck of a mindblow. I mean, just two or three languages can already be though for some people. Imagine ten of them... Which languages would you pick anyway?

Second, I like how you're like "who cares about languages?" in the same sentence where you say you want to speak a ton of them. Contradiction much? :p

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

First of all, sorry to pop your bubble, but speaking ten different languages is going to be one heck of a mindblow. I mean, just two or three languages can already be though for some people. Imagine ten of them... Which languages would you pick anyway?

Second, I like how you're like "who cares about languages?" in the same sentence where you say you want to speak a ton of them. Contradiction much? :p
I removed that, it made no sense. I do care for languages, apologies. I truly am an idiot and an enigma sometimes.
Never understood the appeal of it myself, though I would say it's because since it's directed by the director himself and not a foreigner the emotion would translate better. That is if you can differentiate every emotion.

Well, I hope you started to or already have at least learned your second language. Otherwise your going to have a hell of a time.
Learning ten languages is a good way to make you smarter, but it is hard. Thank you for that advice.

Last edited by a moderator:

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Do you mean the choice,

Of whether you save Emmeryn or not?

Also I just had this thought, while thinking of the Pokemon anime, anybody else find it really weird in the anime, how Delia's first Pokemon was a Mr Mime? Cause now a days since the anime and game have comprehensive lore and has done a lot of world building, its really weird how she has got a Pokemon journey at all. Unless in someone twist, it turns out Delia was the Pokemon Champion of Kanto the whole time, I know not likely, I just find it would be a hilarious thing if she was.

Also I have this rather silly theory, that all Nurse Joys and Officer Jennys are married to each other, after all can you name one Nurse Joy or officer Jenny who is married to somebody else, eh? And if not, oh well, still a fun theory and a ship from the show I enjoy shipping.
Yes, I see she dies either way but it's still a surprise choice. Pretty good chapter and I like this one after it so far.

The Stoopid Unikorn

Spiciest of Guacamoles
Switch FC
SW-4202-4979-0504
Learning ten languages is a good way to make you smarter, but it is hard. Thank you for that advice.
I'm calling bogus on this. I'm bilingual and arguably stupider than some people here who speak only one language.

Learning more language just means you can talk to more people. Doesn't make you smarter in any way aside from maybe remembering the grammar and words of each language.

Last edited:

Ivander

Smash Legend
Wasn't there one Nurse Joy who was married to a random guy and had two daughters(who still look like Joy)? Not sure about Jenny, but I could've sworn there was one Nurse Joy who was married to an ordinary guy. Also, Don George exists, as the male equivalent to Joy and Jenny.
Regardless, nothing against shipping, but my theory with Joy and Jenny was that they have some Einzbern-thing going on(more simply put, homunculus/clones) in which they take a sample from the father, mix it with the mother's sample and than make the child look like the moms while keeping some possible trait from their father around.
Well, that or they figured out how to train Dittos to their maximum potential.
I definitely think it depends on director. But at the same time, I think when it comes to some emotional moments, the screaming or raising voice pitch from the JP dubs can use some toning down. Cause really, screaming, as effective as it is sometimes, isn't the only way to portray emotions. Heck, some of the best emotional moments are the ones with no talking or even making a sound.

Last edited:

Starlight_Lily

Yes, I see she dies either way but it's still a surprise choice. Pretty good chapter and I like this one after it so far.
Yeah, about that...

Spotpass, reveals all, and that's all I'm saying.

Last edited:

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
yep. I honestly haven’t seen the movie before though, but based on replies it sounds really cool
So...

On one hand, its one of those so bad its good movies... Its wonderfully cheesy and makes no gosh darn sense.

But this was done by a town who was really poor and wanted to make a movie, so they did their best and you can tell they had fun with it. IHE actually loves it because of this.

The director also made a commentary where he basically cracked jokes during the movie. Not all of them stick but I will always remember the best one.

"SUPAH FIGHTA" during one of the fights.

Seems like a really cool guy.

Starlight_Lily

Wasn't there one Nurse Joy who was married to a random guy and had two daughters(who still look like Joy)? Not sure about Jenny, but I could've sworn there was one Nurse Joy who was married to an ordinary guy. Also, Don George exists, as the male equivalent to Joy and Jenny.
Regardless, nothing against shipping, but my theory with Joy and Jenny was that they have some Einzbern-thing going on(more simply put, homunculus/clones) in which they take a sample from the father, mix it with the mother's sample and than make the child look like the moms while keeping some possible trait from their father around.
Well, that or they figured out how to train Dittos to their maximum potential.
Eh, with the whole advance science thing going on in Pokemon, I see it possible for them to have made the IPS theory on making 2 women able to have children possible, or a much of Unown just created all the Nurse Joys and Officer Jennys, cause Unowns can do create anything, if enough of them gather together, so technically it actually is possible for a same sex couple to have children in Pokemon, either through Sci-Fi technology, or magic, cause Pokemon explained how its advanced magic works.

Ivander

Smash Legend
So...

On one hand, its one of those so bad its good movies... Its wonderfully cheesy and makes no gosh darn sense.

But this was done by a town who was really poor and wanted to make a movie, so they did their best and you can tell they had fun with it. IHE actually loves it because of this.

The director also made a commentary where he basically cracked jokes during the movie. Not all of them stick but I will always remember the best one.

"SUPAH FIGHTA" during one of the fights.

Seems like a really cool guy.
Movies or games were everybody is enjoying themselves, having fun and helping each other with something is always something nice and great to see. And it's one of the reasons why I appreciate the Lord of the Rings and Hobbit movies, regardless on people's thoughts on how accurate they are to the books or some goofy moments. But those 2 sets are very good examples of movies where the writers, developers and cast worked together, helped each other and had fun like a family when making the movies.

Last edited:

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
Chapter 7 over.

Spoilerless:
-I like how Zenobia's Chart is just a UM checklist.
-Put Praxis on Rex because he needs a Water Blade
-Zeke yelling "NOT AGAIN" when he falls to the Cloud Sea is ****in gold.

Part 2: Spoilers From A Memory:
-So Mythra was taken and I want her back

-The Battle Theme at Morytha is lit
-Thank **** climbing ladders terminates all aggro, ****in Lexos

-Prepare yourself Malototote, because Im going to fight you, then, Im going to kill you, until you're dead... TODAY!

-Malos is a Monado Boy

-Zeke vs Malos was hype despite Zeke almost got Hakai'd
-Driver Nia works better for this imo.
-Malos got a Power-Weighed form... wait
-Holy **** Nia, you basically inflicted him cancer.
-With Thicc Malos out of the way I can continu- how do I open the Jubilee Door?

*cue sad montage of getting bodied by UMs because I couldn't find The Way of the Practitioner*

-Sup Gladiator Orion (Lv. 100)... uh... you can keep that chest.

-Okay Jin, gimme my Mythra ba- *I lose 4 times*
-Some Pouch Items and Kasandra made Mòrag a formidable tank, using Vess also worked nicely.

-Man, Pyra and Mythra's wish to be ended by The Architect made me sad, c'mon Rex time to grow a pair.
*Rex grows a pair and does the speech I've waiting for*
-Time to hold back some tears.

IT'S TIME

A senseless war filled your heart with pain
All our efforts now seem in vain

A secret wish of death
No, today is not your last Breath

You're the I've sworn to protect
On our way to reach The Architect

Cast aside that fear
You shall never drop another tear

Ignite the Fire of your soul
Light up the road of our goal

Standing in front of the sacred tree
Now you are finally free

Burdened no more
We're stronger than before

With Emerald Sword in hand
Together we'll save this land
-Gundam Salvager
-Breh, why they replaced Mòrag with Tora on my team?
-Mythra Verde indeed hits like a truck, a trailer and a tank.
-Imma Strowman these two.
-*Jin ****in dies before I pull the Supernova*

-B A T T L E O F M E C H A S

-Aaaaand down we go.
-We Xenoblade X now.

Chrono.

Chapter 7 over.

Spoilerless:

Part 2: Spoilers From A Memory:
-So Mythra was taken and I want her back

-The Battle Theme at Morytha is lit
-Thank **** climbing ladders terminates all aggro, ****in Lexos

-Prepare yourself Malototote, because Im going to fight you, then, Im going to kill you, until you're dead... TODAY!

-Malos is a Monado Boy

-Zeke vs Malos was hype despite Zeke almost got Hakai'd
-Driver Nia works better for this imo.
-Malos got a Power-Weighed form... wait
-Holy **** Nia, you basically inflicted him cancer.
-With Thicc Malos out of the way I can continu- how do I open the Jubilee Door?

*cue sad montage of getting bodied by UMs because I couldn't find The Way of the Practitioner*

-Sup Gladiator Orion (Lv. 100)... uh... you can keep that chest.

-Okay Jin, gimme my Mythra ba- *I lose 4 times*
-Some Pouch Items and Kasandra made Mòrag a formidable tank, using Vess also worked nicely.

-Man, Pyra and Mythra's wish to be ended by The Architect made me sad, c'mon Rex time to grow a pair.
*Rex grows a pair and does the speech I've waiting for*
-Time to hold back some tears.

IT'S TIME

-Gundam Salvager
-Breh, why they replaced Mòrag with Tora on my team?
-Mythra Verde indeed hits like a truck, a trailer and a tank.
-Imma Strowman these two.
-*Jin ****in dies before I pull the Supernova*

-B A T T L E O F M E C H A S

-Aaaaand down we go.
-We Xenoblade X now.
I half expected Black Tar to start playing in the destroyed city.

mario123007

HELLO, YOU HAVE ENTERED THE DUNK ZONE
NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
-This is why I think if you get Zenobia at the early stages of the game, you will hate her when raising her affinity chart... You will like her if you got her when you are in high level.
- I am pretty sure you can get Theory after finishing that quest and after certain progress of the story... I hope I am right though, because I am not really sure for now.(still at chapter 5 lol) Also Praxis quest, was pretty a bit of a huch...
That said, I also give Praxis to Rex, and yeah this is a mere coincidence.
I mean like Vess' quest it's not surprise you will get either Praxis or Theory after the quest, I remember I said this before. It's also pretty dull that Praxis isn't with her driver... And when she just return to her core crystal Form without even recognizing... To extent this may sound weird but I kind of felt sorry for Praxis on this. The fact that in quests the drivers have to die in order to get the Blade.. Sounds pretty dark if you ask me, when in game you can do overdrive protocol which I doubt it will be in the story...
And then the fact that Theory has a bit disagree with her driver (Which a bit of a problem I have on this as well... Is that Theory's driver is not even bad in a reasonable way... And probably Praxis' original driver as well.. I won't be surprised if he is just some rookie driver or a thug driver.) I bet that is something we should be pay attention to when doing Theory's quest, probably her quest will surprise me in a good way.
I haven't got to Theory's quest, but it will be interesting if she still remembers Theory after she gets re-resonate.
And... When Nia falls...
Her fall scream made my ears bleed...
You may already know this, you can swim though Cloud Sea when it is in high sea level. You will fall to death when it is in low sea level.

Last edited:

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
I half expected Black Tar to start playing in the destroyed city.
In my case I lowkey wanted NLA's Theme on reverse with some static.

-This is why I think if you get Zenobia at the early stages of the game, you will hate her when raising her affinity chart... You will like her if you got her when you are in high level.
- I am pretty sure you can get Theory after finishing that quest and after certain progress of the story... I hope I am right though, because I am not really sure for now.(still at chapter 5 lol) Also Praxis quest, was pretty a bit of a huch...
That said, I also give Praxis to Rex, and yeah this is a mere coincidence.
I mean like Vess' quest it's not surprise you will get either Praxis or Theory after the quest, I remember I said this before. It's also pretty dull that Praxis isn't with her driver... And when she just return to her core crystal Form without even recognizing... To extent this may sound weird but I kind of felt sorry for Praxis on this. The fact that in quests the drivers have to die in order to get the Blade.. Sounds pretty dark if you ask me, when in game you can do overdrive protocol which I doubt it will be in the story...
And then the fact that Theory has a bit disagree with her driver (Which a bit of a problem I have on this as well... Is that Theory's driver is not even bad in a reasonable way... And probably Praxis' original driver as well.. I won't be surprised if he is just some rookie driver or a thug driver.) I bet that is something we should be pay attention to when doing Theory's quest, probably her quest will surprise me in a good way.
I haven't got to Theory's quest, but it will be interesting if she still remembers Theory after she gets re-resonate.

And... When Nia falls...
Her fall scream made my ears bleed...
You may already know this, you can swim though Cloud Sea when it is in high sea level. You will fall to death when it is in low sea level.
I actually liked Praxis suddenly poofing back to her Core; it made me feel my Mercenaries were really useful for once.
Also, Newt was in that Merc Group, so I can imagine her squashing the Driver lol.

Theory's quest becomes available in Chapter 7, but you need Praxis Affinity Chart on Level 4

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom