• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 6.0 - L'Arachel Edition, Apparently?

Best Galar Starter?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

said it a few times and expressed it before but katt really loves gurren lagann

i wouldn't doubt it lol
Yes, Konnie told me that.
Everyone likes different animes. I like the diversity in here.

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
Not really though? It's supposed to be it's own thing too. It's not even the same dev team right? This just means there's something out to fill the obligatory yearly pokemon game before Gen 8 is done
It really is. It is basically a remake of Yellow. You got gym badges, team rocket is the bad team, and you're filling out the PokéDex. That is literally the defining traits of the core series. Besides Sun/Moon, but that only replaces Gyms. Still the same thing. The only differences are mechanics, which, ripty ****, its just a dumbed down version of the core series.

DarkAuraful

Torpid Dragon
I have a fun question for you all, what is your favorite anime?
I'll answer this question with other different anime I like other than my number one all time favorite. Bakemonogatari, Black Lagoon and Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann. Bakemonogatari is a very dialogue heavy anime that's enriches really well on the characters, their individual arcs and story, Black Lagoon takes place on a criminal environment with a surprising depth and backstories to the characters, and Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann is just so damn awesome (get up on that if you have it on Netflix, Shiny :p)

Bakemonogatari and Gurren Lagann are definitely in my top 5 anime for sure. I'm also having a blast with Steins;Gate 0, Attack on Titan Season 3. Also reminding me I should get over with the couple of ones Shishoe recommended me before.

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
One Piece. Dragon Ball's a close second, but I've been reading/watching One Piece for over ten years now, and I don't intend to stop until it is done.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
I'm going with the vanilla answer of Dragon Ball/DBZ.

But I ****s with Yu Yu Hakusho, JoJo, Cowboy Bebop and MHA. I liked Trigun too, for the most part.

Got a question for you guys, what's your favorite western animated series? Mine is probably Spectacular Spider-Man. At least for action shows.

mario123007

HELLO, YOU HAVE ENTERED THE DUNK ZONE
NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
Having Wifi doesn't matter if it's fast.

My Wifi actually has faster speeds than most of the console networks can handle.

http://www.speedtest.net/result/7541636587.png

I only have high ping right now because I'm uploading a 4K YouTube video of one of my matches but I'm not playing any matches in the mean time. Usually I get around 10-15ms.
I don't man, my house's Wifi and the home base router box isn't in the same speed, so my match with my brother didn't suffer any lag since we were both playing out from the dock, my other brother who plays on TV did suffer some lags.

Also Filip who plagiarize Boomstick's Dead Cell review made a pretty lukewarm response video like/dislike ratio-wise.
My thoughts:
- Stating that his never intentionally plagiarize Boomstick's Dead Cell review, okay... while I am skeptical on this, this is still not a very good start in my opinion
- Filip probably have take Reviewtechusa's advice, he's right IGN shouldn't take the L and yes he apologize to Boomstick as well, good.
- Also what's the problem with some idiots in the comment section saying "Oh what a dumb typical Youtube apology video starting with a sigh"... I mean like bruh... that's a normal human reaction when you are about to made some statements under a huge stress.
- I have to agreed with Filip, I mean some accusing their work has been plagiarized is one thing, but Kotaku trying to like...I don't know... making this controversy a more controversy by claiming his FIFA 18 review also plagiarized Nintendolife's FIFA 18 review, which we need more proof and it's more legit for Nintendolife themselves to claim this, not Kotaku. And yes, this somewhat has to do with Kotaku's rep... they tend to stirs up controversy topics even worse and their article has been subjective many times.

D

Deleted member

Got a question for you guys, what's your favorite western animated series? Mine is probably Spectacular Spider-Man. At least for action shows.
Avatar: The Last Airbender is the only correct answer.
Gravity Falls, Star Wars: TCW and Danny Phantom are worth a mention though.

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted member

Gravity Falls and Star Wars: TCW are worth a mention though.
your smash taste is trash but your taste for animated series is sure as hell god tier

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Gravity Falls and Star Wars: TCW are worth a mention though.
Avatar the Last Airbender is top teir. But Batman: TAS, Justice League and Spectacular Spider-Man are a bit higher for me. TMNT 2003 is also pretty good if you haven't watched it.

I like 90's X-Men and 90's Spider-Man too, but they are a bit lower on the list than those 4 shows.

Erureido

Smash Hero
NNID
Erureido
3DS FC
5301-1552-4121
Switch FC
SW-4754-8756-2004
Fate/Zero definitely tops the list for me. It's got a great cast, awesome MCs, awesome actions scenes, a dark and very engaging story, and a great soundtrack done by Yuki Kajiura.

Other favorite anime of mine include Steins; Gate, Cowboy Bebop, Attack on Titan, Your Lie in April, Clannad After Story, and Free.

Avatar: The Last Airbender and the 2003 Teen Titans show are some of my personal favorite western animated shows. Both shows have a great main cast and some enjoyable writing.

Other favorite western shows of mine are the pre-movie Spongebob episodes and American Dad.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
You know what just hit me?

We could be getting codecs and guidances for every character. Which is crazy. I can’t sait to see what each is if they happen

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
I also forgot Gargoyles. Matter of fact, might as well say everything Greg Weisman worked on. The man's track record is impressive.

CatTastic

Smash Apprentice

But I ****s with Yu Yu Hakusho, JoJo, Cowboy Bebop and MHA. I liked Trigun too, for the most part.

My number one favorite is Futurama.

Others in no particular order that I can still watch any day are Hey Arnold, Bojack Horseman, King of the Hill, Foster's Home For Imaginary Friends, Teen Titans, Young Justice, umm MLP, Regular Show and Amazing World of Gumball.

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
- I have to agreed with Filip, I mean some accusing their work has been plagiarized is one thing, but Kotaku trying to like...I don't know... making this controversy a more controversy by claiming his FIFA 18 review also plagiarized Nintendolife's FIFA 18 review, which we need more proof and it's more legit for Nintendolife themselves to claim this, not Kotaku. And yes, this somewhat has to do with Kotaku's rep... they tend to stirs up controversy topics even worse and their article has been subjective many times.
It's not making it more of a controversy by pointing out another example of Filip plagiarizing someone else's review in the past, it's basic journalism. It shows a precedent for said plagiarism and the Kotaku article itself posts excerpts and the sources for said reviews for which they were tipped off about.

DarkAuraful

Torpid Dragon

My current favorite ones are Avatar The Last Airbender, Dragons: Race to the Edge and Futurama

When I was much younger I used to be all over
- Codename: Kids Next Door
- Danny Phantom
- Dexter's Laboratory
- Lilo and Stitch
- Looney Tunes
- My Life As A Teenage Robot
- Powerpuff Girls
- Teen Titans

Lilo and Stitch was my most favorite out of the ones in my childhood. Never missed a single episode or movie back when it aired.

There's going to be a new show dropping on Netflix by September 14 called "The Dragon Prince." All I know about it so far is that it's gonna be worked on by the ATLA team so I'm pretty excited for that.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Y'all talkin' about favourite Western cartoons and none of y'all mentioning Fillmore smh.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom