• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 6.0 - L'Arachel Edition, Apparently?

Best Galar Starter?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

You can at least explain why so we can understand. :p
I made a really long rant about Geno on RTC
Abstain on Dillon. I don't have much to say about him, especially when compared to the other character we're rating today...
Geno want: 0%
My opinion on Geno constantly shifts between dislike and neutral, but it has recently hit the lowest point possible.
Geno is a character that, despite checking multiple boxes that would usually make the Smash fanbase say "this character doesn't deserve a slot on the roster!", has gained a large cult following over the years, to the point he's considered one of the most highly requested characters on this website. To elaborate...
  • "Waluigi doesn't deserve to be in Smash, he's just a spin-off character!" At least he made more than one appearance and a cameo, unlike Geno... Who is also technically a "spin-off" character.
  • "No more Mario characters!" Many people say that but still want Geno.
  • "One-off characters don't belong in Smash!" Why is Geno any different?
  • "We shouldn't get any new Pokemon because they'd feel outdated by the time the next game comes out!" This one is particularly ironic, because Geno is already outdated. He's a one-off character that hasn't made an appearance in years, and yet the fanbase still loves him.
Personally, I'm the kind of guy who prioritizes moveset over anything, so I don't care about all the fine print that requires a Smash inclusion. And yet, I find myself frustrated with people who care so much about it but still want Geno. It especially irks me that Sakurai achknowledged his popularity directly yet never said a word about characters like Isaac or even the elusive King K. Rool. It frustrates me even more that some people give him the okay but still don't accept Bandana Dee as a character that's worthy of Smash, despite him litearally checking every box.
Finally, I'm an advocate of third-party inclusions, unlike a large part of the fanbase, and there are very few choices that I would really dislike. Recently, I've been seeing many people say that they believe Geno will be the only third-party newcomer, at least in the base game. Regardless of whether their predictions are correct or not. that outcome would be a massive disappointment for me as there are so many good options for third-parties, while Geno is literally just a Nintendo character that they don't own.
I admit that I'm not too familiar with the character as I have yet to play Mario RPG (That's only happening after I get a SNES classic, which isn't happening for a while), so while my opinion could potentially shift in a more positive direction once I play the game, I currently don't want to see Geno in the game at all. Also, if Geno gets anything while Bandana Dee is ignored altogether like in Sm4sh, I'd be livid.

Leon Kennedy x5
Tails x5
As for Skull Kid, it mainly comes from the fact I don't want more Zelda characters. We have enough and any more would feel like unneccesary fluff, doesn't help that most people just want more Zelda characters because they're Zelda characters (which is a bad reason imo).
It's subjective, but I did say it's my opinion.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
doesn't help that most people just want more Zelda characters because they're Zelda characters (which is a bad reason imo)..
Skull Kid ain't no Mario character boi what do you think they're gonna say?

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Can you even invite friends in the DBFZ beta? I didn't look around for the option.

I'm up for playing later if so.

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
Zelda is one of Nintendo biggest franchise ever who still haven't got a single unique fight who isn't a clone of Link since Melee.

I think Zelda fan atleast deserve one unique fighter after getting nothing in Smash 4 and "just" Young Link back in Ultimate,

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
I didn't know I was on the Smash Wii U Social Thread.

God, I feel old now...

I remember the memefest that was going on in the Social Wii U Thread while I was just barely coming in and not knowing what to do, ahhh, good old time...

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
I didn't know I was on the Smash Wii U Social Thread.

God, I feel old now...

I remember the memefest that was going on in the Social Wii U Thread while I was just barely coming in and not knowing what to do, ahhh, good old time...
I remember Woodyposting from 2014-2015
a ****ing wild ride that was

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
None, my Switch stayed on a bit too long and my shirt blocked the vents a bit so it's cooling off
Well for Skull Kid that Loz guy said his source implied what loz assumes is Skull Kid. Skull Kid would be dope tbh
what loz guy? Is this apart of a leak?

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
Ah, those were crazy times, weren't they?

View attachment 156919
Christ, I'm getting hit by some heavy nostalgia right now.

So many peoples there...and now, so many of them are gone or not as much here as before....

Tho, if I am being honest here, the cringy post I did on this thread are one of the few things I am thankful are far in the past, because good lord, I still cringe at some of them.

D

Deleted member

I just want Impa for Zelda, I don't even care if she's a Sheik echo. Just don't let her have her ugly OoT design

Jojalole

Henshin a go go baby!
Switch FC
SW 7943 9867 0675
Can you even invite friends in the DBFZ beta? I didn't look around for the option.

I'm up for playing later if so.
Not even the final game has an "invite friends" option. You go to the same lobby as whoever you want to play with, you open a ring (you can put a password if you only want to play with that person) and when your friends join the lobby and the ring then the match can begin. Not the best system in my opinion but whatever.

If you want and if you're available we can play tomorrow (hopefully the connection isn't that bad).

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Not even the final game has an "invite friends" option. You go to the same lobby as whoever you want to play with, you open a ring (you can put a password if you only want to play with that person) and when your friends join the lobby and the ring then the match can begin. Not the best system in my opinion but whatever.

If you want and if you're available we can play tomorrow (hopefully the connection isn't that bad).
Why do modern fighting games always have some kind of hang up like that? Geez.

I mean it could be worse but is a simple "Invite my friend from my friends list that I put them on for the specific purpose of inviting them to play with me" option really too much to ask for?

In any case I should be able to play whenever.

D

Deleted member

I never thought we'd be talking about Dora the Explorer here on NintenZone.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Loz leaked the Smash direct at E3 a couple days before I think. He also leaked an August direct that would show off the menus.
He actually went back on the August direct, he said it was in August but when they announced it he said "ignore my post about it, I was told it was on the 12th so it's probably bogus". He DID leak the Inkling moveset btw

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
So it seems like Kevin Feige also wants James Gunn back.

Not sure if I really like the guy or anything, but his edgy jokes were make a decade ago, I don't see why that should hold him back now. Other than he criticized others for what he used to do(make jokes that can be in poor taste). If it doesn't effect his work, and he isn't doing something actually illegal (i.e, Sell drugs, sexual assault, murder, tax fraud and so on,) he should finish what he started and then cut ties with him in a civil manner.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom