• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 6.0 - L'Arachel Edition, Apparently?

Best Galar Starter?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
If it's not either starter, the only other plausible options I can think of is Tapu Koko, the Island Guardian/legendary that's been promoted the most.
*steals your smash slot and becomes SS tier*

vaanrose

Let's Mosey
NNID
vaanrose
3DS FC
1762-2697-1591
Switch FC
SW-4679-3965-5961
One of the biggest problems with his impressions from Smashers today. He was THOUGHT to be high-tier, but the results never showed it.
Maybe, just maybe, Yoshi never places highly in tournaments because no one plays him.

D

Deleted member

All of the Brawl characters have a lot of weird quirks in their movesets. Like most of them are bad objectively but still pretty fun lol.
If there's one thing Brawl definitely didn't do better than Smash 4, it was Ganondorf.
Poor, poor Ganondorf.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Veggie Burger update...

https://gamefaqs.gamespot.com/boards/234547-super-smash-bros-ultimate/76868944/906238487

Apparently not only will Decidueye not be in the game but also not Lyncanroc (did I spell that right lol) nor Mimikyu (gosh i'm bad at this).

So it's either the fire or water starter in this game. Unless it was a legendary instead?

Verg says that a Sun & Moon Pokemon is happening in this game just for anyone that doesn't know what i'm talking about. He outlined the above 3 characters as not being the ones for this game.

Of course it doesn't have to mean that he's right.

Of course. I was really rooting for him to return in Smash 4 and was really happy to see him return as DLC.
If real it would go right in hand with my theory that if a Pokémon did make base roster( which I find slim) it be incenroar.

It’s literally a heel fighter and separates this from Pokémon allowing spread marketing for popular Pokémon throughout different outlets. Incenroar always felt most likely to me if a Pokémon were to join and I still don’t get why decidueye is deemed so likely

D

Deleted member

If real it would go right in hand with my theory that if a Pokémon did make base roster( which I find slim) it be incenroar.

It’s literally a heel fighter and separates this from Pokémon allowing spread marketing for popular Pokémon throughout different outlets. Incenroar always felt most likely to me if a Pokémon were to join and I still don’t get why decidueye is deemed so likely
He's in the Greninja situation where he's by far the most popular starter evolution of his respective generation. I've seen very few people who legitimately dislike Decidueye.
Then again, a lot of people forget that Greninja was chosen while X and Y were still in the planning stages, and only because Sakurai liked the design and thought he could make a good moveset out of him. The fact that he became Gen 6's Charizard was purely coincidence.
BAH GAWD, THAT'S INCONEROAR'S MUSIC
WITH GOD AS MY WITNESS, LINK IS BROKEN IN HALF

Last edited by a moderator:

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
Never was sure which Pokemon would make the cut for the next Smash, but I didn't have any particular favorites I'd choose from above the rest.

I've always been all but positive that at least one Pokemon newcomer would be on the base roster, however.

allison

She who makes bad posts
NNID
crazyal02
3DS FC
0216-1055-4584
not being able to enhance jokes with swears here is really frustrating. THE AUTOCENSOR CAN EAT MY DONKEY

Jojalole

Henshin a go go baby!
Switch FC
SW 7943 9867 0675
Welp I good another Eldigan in my free summon. Wanted to try get a 5* Bartre for the memes but there were no green stones.

Look at all this nonsense
_20180804_103629.JPG

And apparently we are getting compensation orbs for the server issues. Not too shabby.

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
Veggie Burger update...

https://gamefaqs.gamespot.com/boards/234547-super-smash-bros-ultimate/76868944/906238487

Apparently not only will Decidueye not be in the game but also not Lyncanroc (did I spell that right lol) nor Mimikyu (gosh i'm bad at this).

So it's either the fire or water starter in this game. Unless it was a legendary instead?

Verg says that a Sun & Moon Pokemon is happening in this game just for anyone that doesn't know what i'm talking about. He outlined the above 3 characters as not being the ones for this game.

Of course it doesn't have to mean that he's right.
I just want to say he is wrong because it doesn't feel right not to choose either of them. They were the top three of the time the roster was in development.

The only two I could possibly imagine is Tapu Koko and Incineroar but over those three just doesn't feel right.

Possibly Zeraora, but only if there were discussions beforehand? (And I totally would be cool with that)

Either way, if it isn't the top three, my vote goes to either Mask bird, heel cat, or thunder cat. Sakurai likes cats so probably the latter. ;p

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
I hated, dreaded and despised this Infernal map since months and I finally destroyed it.

Screenshot_20180804-034815.png
As of now I completed all the rotational GHB and Im inching closer to complete the Elite Quests. Feels so good, man.

Welp I good another Eldigan in my free summon. Wanted to try get a 5* Bartre for the memes but there were no green stones.

Look at all this nonsense
View attachment 155620

And apparently we are getting compensation orbs for the server issues. Not too shabby.
The anti-Pheonixmaster1, owner of the most furious squad alive.

Even with those extra Orbs I don't feel confident enough to pull Neph when her banner drops lol.

Last edited:

powerprotoman

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5425-9729-7779
Reminder that incineroar is more popular in japan (and overall offers the best team comp potential) decidueye is the least popular in japan(wed probobly get rowlet over decidueye) and its utterly hampers good team comp and is outclassed by an anchor

so in short alolan marowack should get into smash

Kirby Dragons

Smash Hero
I never actually owned Brawl, I just played it at friends' and family's houses. I didn't know it was a Nintendo game back then, so I was confused at why Mario had 8 characters and Sonic only had 1.

The Stoopid Unikorn

Spiciest of Guacamoles
Switch FC
SW-4202-4979-0504
Also, yeah, being stuck alone for hours doing the workload of two with no breaks allowed BECAUSE I'm alone was madness. I legit cried near the end.

I'm definitely gonna complain if I get this bull**** again.

Last edited:

AlphaSSB

Bring Back Star Fox
3DS FC
0018-1370-8449
Switch FC
0691-1639-9303
Honestly feels like Vergeben just got lucky with the Ridley and Snake prediction, and at this point he's is just trying to keep this up as long as possible. I don't take what this person says seriously. Sure, he has gotten some things right thus far, and has gotten some things right about other games in the past, but he's also gotten a lot wrong.

I don't believe Decidueye, Lycanroc, or Mimikyu to be deconfirmed by any means. Nor am I going to assume that Incineroar is confirmed. It's too early to tell, especially when it comes from a somewhat spotty source.

The Stoopid Unikorn

Spiciest of Guacamoles
Switch FC
SW-4202-4979-0504
Honestly feels like Vergeben just got lucky with the Ridley and Snake prediction, and at this point he's is just trying to keep this up as long as possible. I don't take what this person says seriously. Sure, he has gotten some things right thus far, and has gotten some things right about other games in the past, but he's also gotten a lot wrong.

I don't believe Decidueye, Lycanroc, or Mimikyu to be deconfirmed by any means. Nor am I going to assume that Incineroar is confirmed. It's too early to tell, especially when it comes from a somewhat spotty source.
I, for one, tend to consider what he says as possibilities. The fact that he managed to guess Ridley at specifically E3 is actually pretty mind-blowing.

However, there's a difference between putting his words into consideration and taking them as gospel. As such, I tend to take his stuff with a grain of salt.

Last edited:

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Honestly, I have been beginning to like Mythra a lot more than Pyra.

I am liking Pyra less.

Pyra just looks like a lame plastic toy that has a very bad design, while Mythra has STYLE.
"beginning"

You talk like you haven't been obsessing over Mythra constantly and never mentioning Pyra.

Also both have bad designs, and intentionally so for plot reasons, weirdly enough.

In any case it doesn't matter Nia a best.

AlphaSSB

Bring Back Star Fox
3DS FC
0018-1370-8449
Switch FC
0691-1639-9303
I, for one, tend to consider what he says as possibilities. The fact that he managed to guess Ridley at specifically E3 is actually pretty mind-blowing.

However, there's a difference between putting his words into consideration and taking them as gospel. As such, I tend to take his stuff with a grain of salt.
Nothing wrong with entertaining the idea for the sake of discussion, but I feel that many put too much weight into Vergeben's words.

I don't put much into him guessing Ridley at E3, because I guessed the same thing would happen. No cuts from Smash 4 wasn't a hard guess, either. Snake coming back was a risky call, but was never impossible. And if you're going to guess Snake, Simon Belmont isn't far behind. It seems to me that he managed to guess some stuff right, and is trying to keep this going as long as possible.

It seems to me like whenever some time has passed without himself being talked about, he says something new to bring back the spotlight. Such as saying any leak without Simon or Isabelle is false, saying certain characters won't make it in, etc.

The Stoopid Unikorn

Spiciest of Guacamoles
Switch FC
SW-4202-4979-0504
Nothing wrong with entertaining the idea for the sake of discussion, but I feel that many put too much weight into Vergeben's words.

I don't put much into him guessing Ridley at E3, because I guessed the same thing would happen. No cuts from Smash 4 wasn't a hard guess, either. Snake coming back was a risky call, but was never impossible. And if you're going to guess Snake, Simon Belmont isn't far behind. It seems to me that he managed to guess some stuff right, and is trying to keep this going as long as possible.

It seems to me like whenever some time has passed without himself being talked about, he says something new to bring back the spotlight. Such as saying any leak without Simon or Isabelle is false, saying certain characters won't make it in, etc.
Yeah, guessing no cuts from Smash 4 is one thing, but not even he guessed that “EVERYONE IS HERE!”

Considering they showed every veteran AND Ridley at E3, how could he have known about the purple space dragon, but nothing about the rest of the cast?

AlphaSSB

Bring Back Star Fox
3DS FC
0018-1370-8449
Switch FC
0691-1639-9303
Yeah, guessing no cuts from Smash 4 is one thing, but not even he guessed that “EVERYONE IS HERE!”

Considering they showed every veteran AND Ridley at E3, how could he have known about the purple space dragon, but nothing about the rest of the cast?
That's always been a big one for me, too. You'd think that if he had knowledge of the E3 presentation, he would've said that everyone ever is here. Even if he had only seen the E3 playable demo, saying that there's no cuts would be jumping to conclusions since not all the Smash 4 newcomers were in the E3 Demo.

Plus, looking at the actual E3 leak, it was very precise on everything mentioned. Vergeben holds back info, uses vague descriptions, and tries to falsify other leaks. It sounds to me that he wants all the attention on himself, and I think it's only a matter of time before his lust for attention causes him to slip up.

Hat N' Clogs

John Tavares is a Leaf
3DS FC
1650-2469-6836
Switch FC
SW-3519-9567-9870
Didn’t people think he was high-tier at launch?
Yes, on the first tier list Yoshi was a high tier. Even before that though, I saw threads claiming that he was a borderline top tier and could compete for top 10. While Yoshi DOES have solid positives in Smash 4 that make him significantly better than what he was in Brawl, Smash 4 Yoshi still has glaring weaknesses and inconsistent tournament play, and due to said glaring weaknesses and mediocre tournament results he began to fall over time, finishing up in the middle of middle tier.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble

People think he got to play the demo which is how he knew some characters iirc

D

Deleted member

I don't have anything against Incineroar but out of all potential Gen 7 Pokemon, he feels the least hype to me. I'd rather have a Pokemon with a unique fighting style that can't be replicated by certain fighting game archetypes, which is exactly what Incineroar would be as a wrestler.
Decidueye has his bow and arrows and Robin Hood aesthetic.
Mimikyu is cute and smol, has an unique ability and could use its shadowy claws for dosjoints.
Primarina is an out-of-the box choice and could be a Water Pokemon more focused on manipulating water around as a zoner
Lycanroc could either be a high-speed fighter on all fours with Midday or a brutal bipedal with Midnight
Pyukumuku would be 11/10
Oricorio could fight with various dancing styles
And so on and on. Gen 7 has so much interesting Pokemon to make fighters out of that it seems a waste to choose "the wrestler one"

Don't say lucky guesses in this thread, they're kinda sensitive about it after a certain guy didn't manage to guess Robin

Kirby Dragons

Smash Hero
As Pokémon, I kinda dislike Mimikyu and Nihilego. But, I do like them from a Smash standpoint.

Incineroar on the other hand, I dislike from both standpoints. He IMO wouldn't be nearly as interesting as other Gen 7 candidates.

Ivander

Smash Legend
Erureido Erureido @Shishœ

So remember that one character at the beginning of Fate/Extra Last Encore? Misao Amari?

Turns out there was a Drama CD centered around her and what happened to her and well...
https://www.reddit.com/r/grandorder/comments/94iopu/some_interesting_things_about_the_last_encore/
Basically, she was the one responsible for the Berserkers when Hakuno and Nero were facing Shinji. But she was killed off-camera by Rin. She also had a new Rider Servant that hadn't appeared anywhere else, Vanagandr. Which is another name for the famous wolf son of Loki, Fenrir.

And it's likely we won't ever see that scene made as an OVA for Last Encore, as Amari's voice actor just recently quit due to health issues.

Last edited:

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
Ura Ura

I need a reminder. You bet on Ashley and I bet on Incineroar, right?
Yeah bruh. Well actually your prediction was that the next character would be a Sun & Moon Pokemon and mine was Ashley. Granted that was during a time when I thought Ashley would be revealed close to the launch date of WarioWare Gold

But don't worry. I have both our win conditions and our mutual loss condition remembered.

Ura wins: Uni must write a 3 page essay on why Ura is great.

Uni wins: Ura must sing the entire DK Rap and post it here.

Mutual Loss: Both Ura and Uni must write a 3 page essay on why the DK Rap is the greatest musical piece in human history.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Yeah bruh. Well actually your prediction was that the next character would be a Sun & Moon Pokemon and mine was Ashley. Granted that was during a time when I thought Ashley would be revealed close to the launch date of WarioWare Gold

But don't worry. I have both our win conditions and our mutual loss condition remembered.

Ura wins: Uni must write a 3 page essay on why Ura is great.

Uni wins: Ura must sing the entire DK Rap and post it here.

Mutual Loss: Both Ura and Uni must write a 3 page essay on why the DK Rap is the greatest musical piece in human history.
This is unfair, it should be an honour to even think of the DK Rap

D

Deleted member

I just heard about the Decidueye stuff but I didn't think this was going to be the hot topic in here.
In order to avoid getting upset over **** that doesn't matter I'll just get straight to the point...
I'm going on hiatus. You've probably noticed that I haven't posted anything in a week, and that's because I've been busy with real life stuff (as I should be), I'm actively looking for a job and school starts in less than a month so I should start preparing. I'm still gonna be on Twitter sometimes though.
So... bye, I guess? Sorry if I seem like I'm being passive agressive or anything, that happens when I'm in a bad mood. See you whenever.

The Stoopid Unikorn

Spiciest of Guacamoles
Switch FC
SW-4202-4979-0504
That's always been a big one for me, too. You'd think that if he had knowledge of the E3 presentation, he would've said that everyone ever is here. Even if he had only seen the E3 playable demo, saying that there's no cuts would be jumping to conclusions since not all the Smash 4 newcomers were in the E3 Demo.

Plus, looking at the actual E3 leak, it was very precise on everything mentioned. Vergeben holds back info, uses vague descriptions, and tries to falsify other leaks. It sounds to me that he wants all the attention on himself, and I think it's only a matter of time before his lust for attention causes him to slip up.
Sooner or later, he’ll screw up. This is gonna be the Gematsu leaks all over again.

People think he got to play the demo which is how he knew some characters iirc
But even then, he said no cuts from Smash 4, yet there were some Smash 4 newcomers missing from the E3 demo.

This is unfair, it should be an honour to even think of the DK Rap
Then think of a better punishment.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom