• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 6.0 - L'Arachel Edition, Apparently?

Best Galar Starter?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Me: I should save up more money for my trip to Gamescon and in general
Also me: WHAT UP I JUST BOUGHT DMC4, MGS4, MGR, VANQUISH AND BATMAN ARKHAM ASYLUM TODAY

Granted I got them for 3 euros each but lol
Reminds me of years ago when I got Path of Radiance and Metroid Prime from a GameStop for 3 bucks each.
Now you gotta bust out your wallet for that type of stuff

D

Deleted member

I am actually becoming much better at fighting :4bayonetta:. I can SDI and punish her well.

My toughest matchups are a skilled :4sonic: and :4feroy:.

Last edited by a moderator:

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Reminds me of years ago when I got Path of Radiance and Metroid Prime from a GameStop for 3 bucks each.
Metroid Prime is fairly expensive, but PoR is over 300 dollars to get.

Glad I got Prime 1 and 2 for 30 something bucks each. Most expensive game I got for my Gamecube was the Mega Man X Collection, for 52 bucks or so.

EDIT: Looked it up now, and some Prime 1 discs fall into the 10's and 20's of dollars, even with the case.

Last edited:

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Path of Radiance for 3 bucks sounds like it's harder to find than a unicorn, pheonix, Wookie and Cthulu together in a bar
Lucky me I suppose

Metroid Prime is fairly expensive, but PoR is over 300 dollars to get.

Glad I got Prime 1 and 2 for 30 something bucks each. Most expensive game I got for my Gamecube was the Mega Man X Collection, for 52 bucks or so.
I don't know what my most expensive GCN game was, I revolved around a lot of used and traded games. I know buying another copy of Melee (I lost the first one's disc but I still have the case lol it's where my SA2 disc is) was about the same price of what it was when it first came out, though. So, 60 bucks.

Last edited:

Starlight_Lily

Stage Overflowing with Starlight
EDIT: wait ignore this, I thought it was replying to a different post
No, I will not ignore this post, this is the 2nd time you have done this.

I will keep point out every mistake you make, cause its fun. :v

Path of Radiance for 3 bucks sounds like it's harder to find than a unicorn, pheonix, Wookie and Cthulu together in a bar
Try Path of Radiance and Raident Dawn for 10 Quid all together.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Lucky me I suppose

I don't know what my most expensive GCN game was, I revolved around a lot of used and traded games. I know buying another copy of Melee (I lost the first one's disc but I still have the case lol it's where my SA2 disc is) was about the same price of what it was when it first came out, though.
Yeah, most of the stuff I buy is used too. I just make sure that it comes with the disc and case. I'm alright with not always having the manual though.

I usually don't go over 60 bucks for a game. Which means I'm not getting a physical copy of Shantae ever.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Yeah, most of the stuff I buy is used too. I just make sure that it comes with the disc and case. I'm alright with not always having the manual though.

I usually don't go over 60 bucks for a game. Which means I'm not getting a physical copy of Shantae ever.
I don't know if my GS even sells Gamecube games anymore. I don't know if any retailer does now. I could definitely pick up more if I wanted to, there's plenty good titles on the system.

CrusherMania1592

Deaf Smasher
Premium
3DS FC
5472-7454-3545
WOOT!Preordered Ridley, Inklings, and Wolf amiibos and ready for Dec 7th

Now I'm curious if any of the others will be ready at that time. Maybe a couple of Zelda amiibos (Link/Zelda/Ganondorf) will be done as well

D

Deleted member

Anyway MHA Spoiler time.

With Dabi being around now, We get one of two things, either he kills Endeavor or he IS another kid of his and puts him on blast for being an abusive piece of ****. Showing how flawed and messed up the new number 1 hero is would certainly shake the public opinion of heroes down even further than the lack of All Might. Either way, this is really interesting. I'm glad Endeavor's such an interesting character, he's not completely evil, but has done horrible things, and, whether or not the viewer agrees, is at least trying to change for the better, if this plays out well, I think he should be found out, and he has to climb an even higher mountain to be a better person, let alone a better hero.
Endeavor mentioned how he can't move at all due to how damaged he is. My bet is that Dabi will expose him and THEN kill Endeavor. This is a direct parallel to All Might vs AfO, the Number 1 Hero fighting against all odds and defeating the villain.
The difference here is that the fight isn't over yet and Endeavor has already used up all his power, Dabi will burn the No.1 Hero for the entire country to watch and show how weak Heroes have become since All Might retired.
Dabi isn't the type to go for a symbolical death like AfO did to All Might, he seems more like the type to take the direct approach.
And if he kills Endeavor and/or Hawks? That leaves Best Jeanist as the No.1, a Hero that likely hasn't even recovered from his injuries and society has lost its Top 3 in less than 6 months

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
I've learned Nintendo is having live streams at Jump Victory Carnival on 16th and 22nd Japan time and both include Smash

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CT-DmdaLH_Q
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XHkJGV5UeiQ

I wonder what will be shown (probably just the demo from E3 again).
WOOT!Preordered Ridley, Inklings, and Wolf amiibos and ready for Dec 7th

Now I'm curious if any of the others will be ready at that time. Maybe a couple of Zelda amiibos (Link/Zelda/Ganondorf) will be done as well
We do know Nintendo will be reprinting some of the amiibo from the original 3DS/Wii U series on launch day.

Yellowlord

ゆゆネーター

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
Path of Radiance, Krion Conquest (NES), and Mighty Final Fight (NES) are probably the only games I've purchased that took a significant rise in value. I paid about $25 for each back in the day. They now go for $110, $65, and $180.

Anyway GC prices sadly still have some room to plateau given N64 prices have yet to reach their peak nor are many of them avalible through download services. As a collector, $110 for CIB PoR isn't that big of a deal IMO, especially considering it's quality and that it's an RPG. I've put a lot more $$$ down on games that just sit on shelf in my backlog.

D

Deleted member

I’m gonna guess it’s simply the hype talking.
I'm actually with Shiny on this one. Ultimate's main theme is the only one I actively listen to when I listen to music out of boredom.
Then again, I did the same with Jump Up, Super Star after last year's E3 and I don't do that much anymore, so maybe it is just the hype talking...
I don't know man, 5 isn't that hot compared to the others.
I guess 6 wasn't particularly good either. When you compare the Gen 6 models to Gen 7 it's a pretty big "yikes".
>implying that Gen 6 was better than 5
This is one of the worst opinions I've ever seen.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
>implying that Gen 6 was better than 5
This is one of the worst opinions I've ever seen.
Well one, I never said Gen 5 was the worst.
And two, I was implying the exact opposite.

D

Deleted member

Well one, I never said Gen 5 was the worst.
And two, I was implying the exact opposite.
I read "Gen 5 isn't that hot compared to the others" and "Gen 6 was not particulatly good either", as "Gen 5 is the worst Generation" and "Gen wasn't that great".
It was a mistake on my part but you can't blame me for that.

D

Deleted member

Anyone who thinks Gen 5 is the worst immdeiatelly gets blocked and reported.

D

Deleted member

Hot take of the day: The worst generation was easily Gen 1 and it's not because of age.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I think the worst was 3. I can still go back to one and find the antiquated gameplay still charming and have fun taking advantage of the numerous glitches.

But gen 3 has ugly sprites and unfinished concepts

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
Incoherent 2AM thoughts that for whatever reason bobbed back up as shower thoughts:

Hey what if I started a crowd funding campaign to rent a billboard begging Nintendo to make a new Kid Icarus game?

Tired/bored me is intensely unintelligent but also fun.

D

Deleted member

That's not how you spell Gen 2
Gen 2 was the second worst imo, fittingly enough.
Fun fact: I've never finished Gold. Didn't have the patience to grind all of my Pokemon to level 80 to match Red's Pikachu (some of them weren't even close to that when I dropped the game because I insisted on catching the cool Johto mons in Kanto... and also because Mt. Silver has level 20-ish Larvitars for whatever reason)

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Incoherent 2AM thoughts that for whatever reason bobbed back up as shower thoughts:

Hey what if I started a crowd funding campaign to rent a billboard begging Nintendo to make a new Kid Icarus game?

Tired/bored me is intensely unintelligent but also fun.
Hey, better than my shower thoughts, it made me realize Mega Man 2 is poorly designed and I wish I didn't have to realize that

Chrono.

Vanilla Ruby/Sapphire are the least enjoyable for me, personally.

But I don't really have a "deep" reason for it other than I just never really cared for it growing up. D/P were the ones that got me really hyped up back then even though they're technically worse games.
Hey, better than my shower thoughts, it made me realize Mega Man 2 is poorly designed and I wish I didn't have to realize that
Still goat tho.

NonSpecificGuy

The Extraordinary is in What We Do
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
Hot take of the day: The worst generation was easily Gen 1 and it's not because of age.
No, I personally can't stand the layout of the Sun and Moon Games. I hate them. I had the least fun I've ever had with a Pokemon game. Unpopular opinion but saying Gen 1 is the worst is subjective and I would honestly say that Gen 7 is but that's just me.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Vanilla Ruby/Sapphire are the least enjoyable for me, personally.

But I don't really have a "deep" reason for it other than I just never really cared for it growing up. D/P were the ones that got me really hyped up back then even though they're technically worse games.

Still goat tho.
Oh I agree it's still great fun but it's baaaaad in some areas, Boobeam Trap is objectively awful, Metal Blade makes the game implode out of fear and if you somehow run out of Bubble Lead in the final fight, you need to get a game over to even try again

D

Deleted member

From worst to best, here is me judging the Generations.

Generation 6 < Generation 1 < Generation 3 < Generation 2 < Generation 7 < Generation 5 < Generation 4

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
Gen 2 was the second worst imo, fittingly enough.
Fun fact: I've never finished Gold. Didn't have the patience to grind all of my Pokemon to level 80 to match Red's Pikachu (some of them weren't even close to that when I dropped the game because I insisted on catching the cool Johto mons in Kanto... and also because Mt. Silver has level 20-ish Larvitars for whatever reason)
Red was my biggest worry when I replayed Crystal for the first time since I was a kid earlier this year, and I was actually kind of surprised at how easy he was. The AI isn't great, and you can tank him if you have the right typing. I beat him with a team at Level 55. Now on the other hand, Red in HGSS is a pain in the butt.

I see you've taken the red pill. I love MM2 for it is, but it's among the least newcomer friendly games in the series. Loosing E-Tanks upon a Game Over, Bosses that can't be beaten buster-only, Wily Castle levels that are overbearingly strict in terms of weapon usage (Wily 4), etc.

Last edited:

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Red was my biggest worry when I replayed Crystal for the first time since I was a kid, and I was actually kind of surprised at how easy he was. Now on the other hand, Red in HGSS is a pain in the butt.

I see you've taken the red pill. I love MM2 for it is, but it's among the least newcomer friendly games in the series. Loosing E-Tanks upon a Game Over, Bosses that can't be beaten buster-only, Wily Castle levels that are overbearingly strict in terms of weapon usage (Wily 4), etc.
Again, you literally need to get a game over to get another chance to fight the finak boss if you run out of Bubble Lead. I can't believe I only realized this today and that I never saw anyone say something about it

D

Deleted member

Gen 7 > Gen 5 > Gen 4 >> Gen 3 ? Gen 6 > Gen 2 >>>>>>>>> Gen 1
I've already adressed my aversion towards the lack of physical/special split, but I can't help but feel uncomfortable with ranking Gen 3 below 6 as it was great all other things considered (except for the water). Then again, ORAS exists.
Gen 6 wasn't bad imo but it took too many steps backwards for me to consider it great (talking strictly about XY). It was my first Pokemon game, but still.

Chrono.

Oh I agree it's still great fun but it's baaaaad in some areas, Boobeam Trap is objectively awful, Metal Blade makes the game implode out of fear and if you somehow run out of Bubble Lead in the final fight, you need to get a game over to even try again
Honestly, I'm of the opinion that the Mega Man classic games overall are janky af so I always tell people to start with Mega Man X1 instead. Which I feel is a better first impression of the series.

Problem is, well, classic plays nothing like X and the fact that the X series itself drops in quality harder than the life alert lady from infomercials.

The Stoopid Unikorn

Spiciest of Guacamoles
Switch FC
SW-4202-4979-0504
Oh come on, I am reading a 300 something page book and I understand like the whole thing.

It is just I tend to read faster in here.
It’s not just that.

A book will also describe everything and explain things in a way that makes it so you never need to actually bother thinking of the context because well, it straight up gives it to you.

Forum talks like the NintenZone don’t. You’re on your own when it comes to understanding a post and the context behind it because no one in their right mind would go out of their way to narrate their post like a book in a non-roleplay situation.

Otherwise, you’d see stuff like
”lol”, I said amusingly.

Last edited:

CrusherMania1592

Deaf Smasher
Premium
3DS FC
5472-7454-3545
but it took too many steps backwards for me to consider it great (talking strictly about XY).
wut

I'm curious how you came to that thought since I thought X/Y storyline was one of the greatest since RSE

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
Red was my biggest worry when I replayed Crystal for the first time since I was a kid earlier this year, and I was actually kind of surprised at how easy he was. The AI isn't great, and you can tank him if you have the right typing. I beat him with a team at Level 55. Now on the other hand, Red in HGSS is a pain in the butt.

Funny enough, MM2 (via the assistance of Virtual Console saves. . .OK it's not a pure experience so what) is the only Mega Man game I've actually cleared. For the most part it was pretty darn fun and good.

Gosh that one Wily Castle boss with the Crash Bombs though. Made me have to restart the whole game LOL.

Like I'm pretty nice to games I'm not gonna make a blanket statement on the whole game 'cause it's fun and precious and good. But I don't see any shame in admitting that particular boss wasn't exactly thought through LOL. The fact that there's items hidden behind Crash Bomb-able blocks in the level leading up to it and that you need a full loadout of Crash Bombs to kill it is just MEAN.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom