• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 6.0 - L'Arachel Edition, Apparently?

Best Galar Starter?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Pokechu

chugga chugga
NNID
Pokechu
3DS FC
5000-1894-6879
Switch FC
SW-7547-3301-4325
maaaaaan generation 2 is easily the best generation and it's not even close

gen 2>>>>>>>>the rest

gen 2 had the best designed Pokemon ever

until they made bewear in G7, but that same generation also wasted the potential of the fire starter and gave eyes to a berry and a flower crown so idk

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
I've learned Nintendo is having live streams at Jump Victory Carnival on 16th and 22nd Japan time and both include Smash

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CT-DmdaLH_Q
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XHkJGV5UeiQ

I wonder what will be shown (probably just the demo from E3 again).

We do know Nintendo will be reprinting some of the amiibo from the original 3DS/Wii U series on launch day.
Yeah: I imagine it'll just be the E3 demo and nothing more then that, honestly.
Won’t stop 4chan from claiming chorus kids will be revealed
Well this is very relevant now.

View attachment 152744

I was hoping I'd get to use this gif.
To bad incenroar got bodied by charziard

Pokechu

chugga chugga
NNID
Pokechu
3DS FC
5000-1894-6879
Switch FC
SW-7547-3301-4325
Well this is very relevant now.

View attachment 152744

I was hoping I'd get to use this gif.
i'm still heartbroken that litten, instead of deciding to turn into a rad sabre tooth tiger

decides to turn into Tony the Tiger, a hot mess :'((((((((((

he blew it

he could've beat delphox and gotten the title of best fire starter, but nope

all that potential down the drain :'((((((

D

Deleted member

That's not how you spell Gen 2
Gwen, get the hell out
"We believe that if we're invested in the character and the relationships they’re in and their goal, then we're gonna go along on their journey with them and maybe even commit acts that make us uncomfortable across our moral lines and maybe get us to ask questions about where we stand on righteousness and pursuing justice at ever-escalating costs."
Name a worst gaming trend than gaming companies going "it's not a game, it's art".
God, I hate this whole thing of having every game be "realistic" and/or """"mean"""" something. I don't care that your game comments on the frailty of human morality, Jeff, just let me have some goddamn fun.

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
D

Deleted member

From worst to best, here is me judging the Generations.

Generation 6 < Generation 1 < Generation 3 < Generation 2 < Generation 7 < Generation 5 < Generation 4
Generation 6
+Really cool shinies!
+Some cool mega forms. Sure some people hate them because they unbalance the game a bit, but I like them.
+They pulled off the 3DS Pokémon designs well.

-Way too easy..
-X and Y had a very bad story and dull characters.
-X and Y had the worst champion.
-I was not on board with increasing the chances of a shiny.
-I hated the looks of the humans though.

Generation 1
+Good base Pokémon.
+I can see why people would be nostalgic. This game did help boost Pokemon to what it was today.
+Best rival. For sure.

-It did not age well.
-Why the 1/256 chance of missing?
-The fact that special was not split was not the best move.
-The fact that critical hits relied on speed was a bad move.

Generation 3
+Pretty good story with the legendaries!
+Best starters overall.
+The Red and Green remake was cool.
-Characters did not interest me that much.

-Characters did not interest me that much.
-Acess to only 202 out of 386 Poké mon is a red flag to me. Source: http://www.nintendolife.com/news/2015/11/feature_a_pokemon_retrospective_generation_3_-_2002_to_2006

Generation 2
+Legendaries had a good story to them.
+The fact that you could go to Kanto was really cool.
+Split special and improved the critical hit system.
+Shinies were a really good addition.

-Overall, the story was not interesting. The story was not too boring, but it was not the best.
-Characters were not interesting.

Generation 7
+Massive improvment from Generation 6
+Good story
+Good legendaries and ultra beasts
+Battle Royale baby!

-I got bored of USUM fast.
-Removing triple battles was a bit annoying. I was also not really that much of a fan of how they changed some stuff, like making call Pokémon the replacement for horde battles.

Generation 5
+My first generation. I had a lot of fun playing with my sister.
+Really good story.
+Interesting characters.
+Good music
+Hard mode.

-A handful amount of forgettable Pokémon.

Generation 4
+Really fun.
+Gen 2 remakes were fresh and clean.
+Good designed legendaries.
+Best champion for sure.
+Good music
+Physical and Special split was an amazing change.

-Diamond and Pearl was a bit slow. Thankfully Platinum improved on that.

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted member

Bruh, fite mah

Gen 5 was just really bad. Like....REALLY bad. Even the anime took Ash back four generations

That's not how you spell Gen V though
Blocked.
"Further updates" are coming to Mario Kart 8 Deluxe

New Funky & Flame Runner Mode™ Confirmed
300cc let's ****ing go

ChikoLad

Purple Boi

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585

Pokechu

chugga chugga
NNID
Pokechu
3DS FC
5000-1894-6879
Switch FC
SW-7547-3301-4325
generation five was easily the worst generation

although i really liked the vanilluxe line, but it's not enough to save the garbage (no pun intended) that was almost every other line

D

Deleted member

No, I personally can't stand the layout of the Sun and Moon Games. I hate them. I had the least fun I've ever had with a Pokemon game. Unpopular opinion but saying Gen 1 is the worst is subjective and I would honestly say that Gen 7 is but that's just me.
No. Try playing a game with countless glitches, ugly sprites, slow walking speed (and no running shoes), and underleveled wild Pokemon that make grinding slow and tedious beyond belief, then tell me it's not objectively bad.
I won't deny that Gen 7 has issues but you cannot tell me that those issues are anything worse than the ones I've mentioned for the Gen 1 games.
Red was my biggest worry when I replayed Crystal for the first time since I was a kid earlier this year, and I was actually kind of surprised at how easy he was. The AI isn't great, and you can tank him if you have the right typing. I beat him with a team at Level 55. Now on the other hand, Red in HGSS is a pain in the butt.
Well then.
Not like I could've gotten my Larvitar to that level.
wut

I'm curious how you came to that thought since I thought X/Y storyline was one of the greatest since RSE
I disagree. If anything I thought it was the weakest out of any of the post GBC games.
Also, with a regional Pokedex that has so many old mons, not many new Pokemon in general, pitiful difficulty and slow pacing, I feel that X/Y were definitely flawed games in a hindsight.
Not bad, but flawed.
best fire starter
Reminder that Pokechu has bad opinions.
Bruh, fite mah

Gen 5 was just really bad. Like....REALLY bad. Even the anime took Ash back four generations

>thinks Gen 6 has the best story
>thinks Gen 5 is the worst generation
bruh, what the hell.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Gwen, get the hell out

Name a worst gaming trend than gaming companies going "it's not a game, it's art".
God, I hate this whole thing of having every game be "realistic" and/or """"mean"""" something. I don't care that your game comments on the frailty of human morality, Jeff, just let me have some goddamn fun.
Sorry I can't see your post I'm cringing too hard at ****ing Stantler and Octillery

D

Deleted member

If someone says that Gen 6 is better than Gen 7, Gen 5 and Gen 4 than they should be banned from the internet forever.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Gwen, get the hell out

That just means you're not the game's target audience. Nothing wrong with those games existing, a lot of people like them.

Nintendo and anime games exist for yourself.

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
I mean you can have a game be both fun and have a lot of meaning to it as well.
Nier Automata is an excellent recent example of that. There's some really powerful, deep and meaningful moments but the game is also an absolute blast to play.

If someone says that Gen 6 is better than Gen 7, Gen 5 and Gen 4 than they should be banned from the internet forever.
Nah we save that for people who think David Cage is anything more than a **** writer.

D

Deleted member

generation five was easily the worst generation

although i really liked the vanilluxe line, but it's not enough to save the garbage (no pun intended) that was almost every other line
Sometimes I wonder if your opinions are meant to annoy me specifically.

Chrono.

I know you're just meming but honestly I'm so confused to why Octillery's beta design got scrapped because it was literally perfect for what it was supposed to be
Probably TOO on the nose with the tank theme.

It's still a kids game, after all.

Pokechu

chugga chugga
NNID
Pokechu
3DS FC
5000-1894-6879
Switch FC
SW-7547-3301-4325
I know you're just meming but honestly I'm so confused to why Octillery's beta design got scrapped because it was literally perfect for what it was supposed to be
LOL I'm not memeing :'^)

I genuinely think Stantler and Octillery are two of the best designed Pokemon. Although Octillery's beta design is pretty rad, I can agree with that :laugh:

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Implying Octillery isn't already amazing.

CrusherMania1592

Deaf Smasher
Premium
3DS FC
5472-7454-3545
i'm still heartbroken that litten, instead of deciding to turn into a rad sabre tooth tiger

decides to turn into Tony the Tiger, a hot mess :'((((((((((

he blew it

he could've beat delphox and gotten the title of best fire starter, but nope

all that potential down the drain :'((((((
And Delphox has always been my favorite Fire starter evolution. Bonus points due to Psychic typing, which is a personal favorite

Delphox > Typhlosion > Charizard > Incineroar > Blaziken > Infernape > Emboar

Sceptile = Decidueye > Torterra > Chesnaught > Venasaur > Serperior > Meganium

Feraligatr > Greninja > Swampert > Emploeon > Samurott > Blastoise

I disagree. If anything I thought it was the weakest out of any of the post GBC games.
Also, with a regional Pokedex that has so many old mons, not many new Pokemon in general, pitiful difficulty and slow pacing, I feel that X/Y were definitely flawed games in a hindsight.
Not bad, but flawed.

Reminder that Pokechu has bad opinions.

>thinks Gen 6 has the best story
>thinks Gen 5 is the worst generation
bruh, what the hell.
The problem is we got less new Pokemon in Gen 6 than any other Gens, which made that harder and ended up using older Pokemon. I recall one of my runs went like this:

Raichu, Delphox, Blastoise, Lucario, Talonflame, Scolipede - THAT was how bad that generation was not having enough new Pokemon to use. I didn't think it was slow pacing, but it would depend on how well you advance yourself in the story

Gen 5's storyline ranks tied in 2nd with RSE to me. But as far as the Pokemon training, typing, etc goes? Down. The. Toilet. One of the reasons I've never finished BW is because of how BAD the grinding is. The higher you are, the less EXP you get? WTF man I just want to train my Pokemon, not go on a grinding train to a ****ing 80+ hour game

D

Deleted member

Bruh, fite mah

Gen 6 had by far the worst story.
Gen 5 is my 2nd favorite generation and your opinions are disgusting and trash.

Pokechu

chugga chugga
NNID
Pokechu
3DS FC
5000-1894-6879
Switch FC
SW-7547-3301-4325
Delphox>Emboar>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>ugh>>>>>>>>>please end me>>>>>the rest

Meganium>Venusaur=Torterra>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>why>>>>>>>>>im not kidding please end me>>>>the rest

Primarina>>>>>>>>the rest aren't bad, primarina is just way better>>>the rest

D

Deleted member

And Delphox has always been my favorite Fire starter evolution. Bonus points due to Psychic typing, which is a personal favorite

Delphox > Typhlosion > Charizard > Incineroar > Blaziken > Infernape > Emboar

Sceptile = Decidueye > Torterra > Chesnaught > Venasaur > Serperior > Meganium

Feraligatr > Greninja > Swampert > Emploeon > Samurott > Blastoise
Oh we're doing this again? I probably listed mine like a hundred times, but I'll do it again anyway.

Decidueye > Venusaur > Sceptile >> Torterra > Chesnaught >>> Meganium > Serperior
Infernape > Blaziken > Incineroar > Typhlosion >> Charizard > Emboar >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> literal **** >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Delphox
Greninja > Samurott > Swampert > Primarina >> Empoleon > Blastoise >>> Feraligatr
Gen 5's storyline ranks tied in 2nd with RSE to me. But as far as the Pokemon training, typing, etc goes? Down. The. Toilet. One of the reasons I've never finished BW is because of how BAD the grinding is. The higher you are, the less EXP you get? WTF man I just want to train my Pokemon, not go on a grinding train to a ****ing 80+ hour game
Mate are you kidding me? Have you ever tried rustling grass grinding?

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
Who'd you murder this time?
I would've been in prison by now if I murdered anyone. lol

Delphox>Emboar>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>ugh>>>>>>>>>please end me>>>>>the rest

Meganium>Venusaur=Torterra>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>why>>>>>>>>>im not kidding please end me>>>>the rest

Primarina>>>>>>>>the rest aren't bad, primarina is just way better>>>the rest
Boy, outside of Primarina your opinions are surprisingly awful

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom