• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 6.0 - L'Arachel Edition, Apparently?

Best Galar Starter?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Charizard is not a dragon you goofball.
Wait how do you object to Charizard but not Bowser? Don't get me wrong I get the Charizard reason due ti needing a dinky rock to be a dragon but... Bowser tho

Also did 3 people double post in row lmao
EDIT: Curse you Shiny now there aren't 3 double posts before my post

Last edited:

CrusherMania1592

Deaf Smasher
Premium
3DS FC
5472-7454-3545
It sure is!

Over 100+ hours, but every minute counts! Easily in my Top 10 games of all times despite the fact I'm a little burned out doing a third run lmao

Oh man that's memories.

When I was a kid I used to do that kinda thing in 64. Set them in light-middle-heavyweight divisions and ran em in 99 stock matches. Made good background noise, kinda like watching TV.
I still do that to this day, but add a division titles with it lmao

That would have been a great idea. I kinda hope next gen they make all the pokemon have a couple shiny colours.
If they do that, bring back Charizard's shiny purple from the Gold/Silver era. I'm still shocked it went from purple to black

Last edited:

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
Wait isn't Robin technically genetic engineering? Robin was literally made to be perfect
Validar didn't go around forcing women to sleep with him or messing about using magic. It was by chance Robin was born and was a viable vessel for Grima before their mother ran away with them because she knew what it'd mean for them.

Charizard is not a dragon you goofball.
Egg Group: Dragon
And I mean a Palm Tree is a dragon (because it's based on one that's part of a Dracaenia something or the other) so I wouldn't quite take typing as the be all end all for whether or not something is indeed a dragon.
also if Pokemon could have more than two types they'd probably give it the Dragon type as well

D

Deleted member

Wait how do you object to Charizard but not Bowser? Don't get me wrong I get the Charizard reason due ti needing a dinky rock to be a dragon but... Bowser tho
Bowser, I am not that sure....

Charizard looks like a dragon, but looks can be deceiving.

Charizard is Fire / Flying and the Pokédex never mentions it is a dragon.

Mega Charizard X does not count, as that is a different form.
You can arguably replace Bowser with Yoshi because Yoshi can turn into "Super Dragon".
EDIT: Curse you Shiny now there aren't 3 double posts before my post
That is a good thing, actually. :ultsonic:
I missed this because I didn't see there was more after Shish's post buuuuut you'd complain too if you had to cycle through hot as **** weather and get bothered by so many goddamn customers at your retail job. Literally 5 people asking me **** in a row and we were SEVERELY understaffed today so it took for-****ing-ever to get anything done all while idiots go "EXCUSE ME SIR I WANT THIS SPECIFIC BRAND OF YOGURT BUT I CAN'T FIND IT. YOUR COLLEAGUE SAID THEY CHANGED THE PACKAGING BUT I CALL BULL**** FIND ME MY YOGURT AND I REFUSE TO TAKE ANYTHING WITH DIFFERENT PACKAGING" the entire ****ing afternoon
squidward.PNG

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted member

Yes he is. Being a Dragon-type Pokémon isn't the same thing as being a dragon.
Validar didn't go around forcing women to sleep with him or messing about using magic. It was by chance Robin was born and was a viable vessel for Grima before their mother ran away with them because she knew what it'd mean for them.

And I mean a Palm Tree is a dragon (because it's based on one that's part of a Dracaenia something or the other) so I wouldn't quite take typing as the be all end all for whether or not something is indeed a dragon.
also if Pokemon could have more than two types they'd probably give it the Dragon type as well

Okay you guys are right I guess.
Good Pokemon information. I have not played Pokemon in a while, I just got bored.

I WANT MY SHINY STARTER PLEASE! ;-;

D

Deleted member

Oh it's probably like SSB Geeku and Geets in DBFZ in which it's just an early unlock but I ****ing hate how Endeavor's getting pushed a lot lately and is seemingly
GETTING A ****ING REDEMPTION ARC NO **** YOU HORIKOSHI HE DOESN'T DESERVE ONE
The wording implies it isn't though. I don't like this practice but it's certainly not Endeavor who's making me mad about it. In fact, it being Endeavor makes it easier for me to simply accept it since I don't really care about having him or not.

I'm really interested to see how Endeavour's "redemption" will go. Horikoshi has the chance of making this a really good arc if he makes Endeavor try to make ammends with his family but also realizing he doesn't deserve their forgiveness and that the best thing for them is that he leaves them alone.
I'll be really mad if he's just completely forgiven and everything he did is forgotten though but I have hopes that Hori won't **** this up.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208

Validar: The Grimleal have worked for generations to create someone like you... A vessel worthy of our master. Simply having Grima's blood in your veins is not enough... My father was not worthy, nor was his father before him. Even I was not able to accept Grima's most sacred gift. But you? You had all the makings. You were perfection.

The wording heavily implies there was selective breeding involved. Worked, not waited.

D

Deleted member

If they do that, bring back Charizard's shiny purple from the Gold/Silver era. I'm still shocked it went from purple to black
I like the current shiny black Charizard a lot.

Purple Charizard looks kind of weird.

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted member

I am fine with the Purple Charizard alt in Smash Bros.
It is just I want his shiny alt in there as well.
Pls don't bulli Ridley
How dare you call the great Ridley a mere purple Charizard alt? :ultridley:

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
The wording implies it isn't though. I don't like this practice but it's certainly not Endeavor who's making me mad about it. In fact, it being Endeavor makes it easier for me to simply accept it since I don't really care about having him or not.

I'm really interested to see how Endeavour's "redemption" will go. Horikoshi has the chance of making this a really good arc if he makes Endeavor try to make ammends with his family but also realizing he doesn't deserve their forgiveness and that the best thing for them is that he leaves them alone.
I'll be really mad if he's just completely forgiven and everything he did is forgotten though but I have hopes that Hori won't **** this up.
Honestly if you're right I'd just sigh disappointedly as it's become so goddamn common that part of the reason I'm hyped for Ultimate is because Sakurai's spoken against such business practices iirc

It doesn't matter what way it goes because now more idiots online will sympathize with him, I remember seeing people give Shoto's mother the blame for his childhood because she Zuko'd him, completely ignoring how she got ***** and abused constantly to the point of breaking after seeing him in Shoto. Endeavor's a great character in terms of world-building in MHA, but he himself is an irredeemable scumbag

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392

Just remember....

Japan has different viewpoints on parenting.

A parent slapping a child isn't that uncommon there.

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
Validar: The Grimleal have worked for generations to create someone like you... A vessel worthy of our master. Simply having Grima's blood in your veins is not enough... My father was not worthy, nor was his father before him. Even I was not able to accept Grima's most sacred gift. But you? You had all the makings. You were perfection.

The wording heavily implies there was selective breeding involved. Worked, not waited.
I don't think there's anything to suggest the breeding was selective at all given Validar got hooked with some random woman we know nothing about.
The Grimleal's methods have always been "have sex and see what happens with the child at birth" because they don't have the means we do to look at various genetics. We also have to remember that Grima comes back every 1000 or so years.

It's all about timing. Robin was born at the right time that when Grima would re-awaken he'd be able to work as his vessel.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
I don't think there's anything to suggest the breeding was selective at all given Validar got hooked with some random woman we know nothing about.
The Grimleal's methods have always been "have sex and see what happens with the child at birth" because they don't have the means we do to look at various genetics. We also have to remember that Grima comes back every 1000 or so years.

It's all about timing. Robin was born at the right time that when Grima would re-awaken he'd be able to work as his vessel.

We're given no indication that Robin's mother was chosen randomly though.

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
Wow, how plot convenient. :4pacman:
That's FE in a nutshell.
How lucky that someone so happened to be the special one.
How lucky that this other person they just ran into had a McGuffin the heroes needed.

We're given no indication that Robin's mother was chosen randomly though.
Nor is there anything to suggest she was specially selected so we're at a stalemate.

redfeatherraven

Walk the Earth
Premium
BRoomer
NNID
RedTheMastermind
3DS FC
0576-4747-0597
Switch FC
SW-4098-7445-3995
You can romance women?
You can romance women.

You can romance a whole cornucopia of women.

The game will in fact not mechanically stop you from romancing every last one at once.

But listen to me very carefully.

This is your new mantra. This is your new Creed. If God comes down from Heaven and waves at you these are the words you'll say.

Do not. Romance. Multiple. Women.

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
You can romance women.

You can romance a whole cornucopia of women.

The game will in fact not mechanically stop you from romancing every last one at once.

But listen to me very carefully.

This is your new mantra. This is your new Creed. If God comes down from Heaven and waves at you these are the words you'll say.

Do not. Romance. Multiple. Women.
What happens if you do?

D

Deleted member

Honestly if you're right I'd just sigh disappointedly as it's become so goddamn common that part of the reason I'm hyped for Ultimate is because Sakurai's spoken against such business practices iirc

It doesn't matter what way it goes because now more idiots online will sympathize with him, I remember seeing people give Shoto's mother the blame for his childhood because she Zuko'd him, completely ignoring how she got ***** and abused constantly to the point of breaking after seeing him in Shoto. Endeavor's a great character in terms of world-building in MHA, but he himself is an irredeemable scumbag
Yeah, it bothers me a lot when people try to shift the blame onto Rei, it's just disgusting. And people who synpathize with Endeavor are missing the whole point of his character.
I don't know if I hope for this direction or if it really is what Horikoshi is going for but it seems Endeavor is going the "forgive, but do not forget" route, two character traits of his that have been focused on recently are how he never forgets anything and how stubborn he is.
There's a lot that can go wrong now but a lot that can go right too so I think I'll wait until this arc is over to discuss it. I dunno, maybe I just trust Hori too much on this but I really don't want him to destroy all this trust so early into the series when I managed to take all of Kishimoto's bull**** up until the Five Kages arc.
Just remember....

Japan has different viewpoints on parenting.

A parent slapping a child isn't that uncommon there.
That would mean something if Endeavor just had slapped Shoto but it wasn't just that and the series never once portrays them as "light and meaningless"

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
That would mean something if Endeavor just had slapped Shoto but it wasn't just that and the series never once portrays them as "light and meaningless"
Trust me.

I don't like him.

But I have a feeling he'll get off easy.

AndreaAC

Ridley's Propaganda Artist
Pls don't bulli Ridley
xD THAT REMINDED ME:
1.png

1 vs 1.png

xD My original idea was way more violent but I wanted it to keep it 'friendly' and simple.

*You know the deal, don't use it or share it anywhere else here or outside the boards, thank you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom