• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 6.0 - L'Arachel Edition, Apparently?

Best Galar Starter?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Natz~

Full of Hugs and Fire~
forgot to take a picture of it but we made it through the heatwave, it last 3 full days in game time but e got through it, lucky to as most of us had serious heatstroke going on and it was getting kinda nasty, anywho production continuing just the same so no remarks there

instead its finally time to leave our base in search of trade, the prisoner is fully value and we got a buncha trade goods lying around, so i packed on uni and the prisoner, and someone who wasn't doing anything (i.e. coricus) and set them off to the nearest fraction base
Untitled2.png

got there in about two uneventful hours and looked through what they had to offer while selling everything we had, honestly they had nothing i watned at all except a pair of pants for yellow (finally)
Untitled3.png

so we just simply made a lot of silver off trade and had them come back, sadly they'll have to camp outside for a day but nothing should be a problem there
Untitled4.png

....or at least that was the intention if pirates didn't suddenly come a knocking to kill us, and this time it isn't a joke, not well armed or threatening but they got man power now, and were headed right for us, we took up battle stations as soon as possible in block formation to intercept them to a grinder

and sadly....before the battle even begun i have bad knew, Starlight_Lily Starlight_Lily i'm afraid to say
Untitled5.png

your rabbit was wondering in between us and them and one of them charged your hare, they took it down in two quick blows and there was nothing to be down as its body got smashed apart, our first tragedy and first lost, lily bunny bertha
Untitled6.png

interesting to note looking at the meat grinder that happened here i guess berthas death inspired all of us or something cause the combat log showed that we went to town and shattered all types of ribs and bones and gutted arms and legs best we could, it was a slaughter against them, with the only injuries against us being to stab wounds on lily and yellow getting punched twice

they tried to retreat quickly but we just continued to smash against them and finished the job,, could of taken one of them hostage but they weren't that good and was kinda pissed at the rabbits death, so yellow just execution style the guys heart

and so a bunch of bodies littered and we were completely victorious and it was time to sleep, the next day i set up a sarcophagus to be built in honor of bertha, it was a member of our civilization so i'mm giving it a proper burial instead of letting it rot or butcher the bun buns

and around 10am uni and coricus finally showed up
Untitled7.png

took ya two long enough ya missed all the bloodshed, oh well we now got a healthy amount of silver lying around
Untitled8.png

and with that bertha lays to rest, its not the best coffin but its something neat for the little girl, also interestingly enough lily actually engraved the moment bertha was killed ontop of the of the sarcophagus, kinda heartwarming to me to see it get some nice fancy artwork to honor its memory and it stands in our community. hopefully no one else will have to join the hare in the grave

Yellowlord

ゆゆネーター
forgot to take a picture of it but we made it through the heatwave, it last 3 full days in game time but e got through it, lucky to as most of us had serious heatstroke going on and it was getting kinda nasty, anywho production continuing just the same so no remarks there

instead its finally time to leave our base in search of trade, the prisoner is fully value and we got a buncha trade goods lying around, so i packed on uni and the prisoner, and someone who wasn't doing anything (i.e. coricus) and set them off to the nearest fraction base
View attachment 151629
got there in about two uneventful hours and looked through what they had to offer while selling everything we had, honestly they had nothing i watned at all except a pair of pants for yellow (finally)
View attachment 151630
so we just simply made a lot of silver off trade and had them come back, sadly they'll have to camp outside for a day but nothing should be a problem there
View attachment 151631
....or at least that was the intention if pirates didn't suddenly come a knocking to kill us, and this time it isn't a joke, not well armed or threatening but they got man power now, and were headed right for us, we took up battle stations as soon as possible in block formation to intercept them to a grinder

and sadly....before the battle even begun i have bad knew, Starlight_Lily Starlight_Lily i'm afraid to say
View attachment 151632
your rabbit was wondering in between us and them and one of them charged your hare, they took it down in two quick blows and there was nothing to be down as its body got smashed apart, our first tragedy and first lost, lily bunny bertha
View attachment 151633
interesting to note looking at the meat grinder that happened here i guess berthas death inspired all of us or something cause the combat log showed that we went to town and shattered all types of ribs and bones and gutted arms and legs best we could, it was a slaughter against them, with the only injuries against us being to stab wounds on lily and yellow getting punched twice

they tried to retreat quickly but we just continued to smash against them and finished the job,, could of taken one of them hostage but they weren't that good and was kinda pissed at the rabbits death, so yellow just execution style the guys heart

and so a bunch of bodies littered and we were completely victorious and it was time to sleep, the next day i set up a sarcophagus to be built in honor of bertha, it was a member of our civilization so i'mm giving it a proper burial instead of letting it rot or butcher the bun buns

View attachment 151634
took ya two long enough ya missed all the bloodshed, oh well we now got a healthy amount of silver lying around
View attachment 151635
and with that bertha lays to rest, its not the best coffin but its something neat for the little girl, also interestingly enough lily actually engraved the moment bertha was killed ontop of the of the sarcophagus, kinda heartwarming to me to see it get some nice fancy artwork to honor its memory and it stands in our community. hopefully no one else will have to join the hare in the grave
Looks like I finally found some pants... and have proven to be a capable melee combatant. :p

D

Deleted member

With the Hector Legendary Hero banner ended, here's what I got from it:
-+3 LH!Hector
-+2 Myrrh
-Legendary Ephraim
-Valentines Lyn

Also, I went to do the free summoning of the new BHB banner
I think I'm spending my luck too much in this game.
Gonna use him as DC fodder though, probably should give it to Joshua since some GHBs in the past would have been way easier had he been able to counter at 2 Rng.

The Stoopid Unikorn

Spiciest of Guacamoles
Switch FC
SW-4202-4979-0504
You think before you post?

Huh. Must be nice.
It is. :p

i'm down just for random shenengains what does katt need to do what options to take?
Just bet on which fightet will show up next on the blog thing.

Character who are already shown obviously don’t count, but I’m too lazy too look back :V

Natz~

Full of Hugs and Fire~
It is. :p

Just bet on which fightet will show up next on the blog thing.

Character who are already shown obviously don’t count, but I’m too lazy too look back :V
i don't know anything of who was already shoen :V
i'll just random bowser jr.

i don't really care whether i win or lose katt just wants anarchy

mario123007

HELLO, YOU HAVE ENTERED THE DUNK ZONE
NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
Hooefully it doesn’t end up like Ni No Kuni 2 where I loved the game but just... stopped playing it.
That game is one of the reason why I am currently considering on buying a PS4, and also that cool looking blue edition PS4...
This confused the **** out of me because that was about a house Air conditioner and then this post made me think "Wait, was I talking about Animal Crossing last night?"
When we were talking about AC we meant air conditioning not Animal Crossing lol
Talking about AC about that is air conditioning in a gaming forum website, lol.

My bad nonetheless bu yeah, we are still waiting for that Animal Crossing on Switch, we all know it's not confirmed so fingers crossed that Nintendo treats that franchise well eventually.

Moydow

The fairest of them all
BRoomer
Today I discovered that Threaten Def 3 is literally the most useful skill in all of FE Heroes:
If Leon had had any other C skill, Hector's Bonfire at full power would have been enough to kill him. But because Threaten Def 3 knocks him down to 35 Def, it only leaves Leon with 1 HP, so he can survive and kill Hector.

See, almost every skill has its uses. :p Except the Defiant skills, those were duds even before the Brazen skills existed.

Last edited:

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Today I discovered that Threaten Def 3 is literally the most useful skill in all of FE Heroes:

If Leon had had any other C skill, Hector's Bonfire at full power would have been enough to kill him. But because Threaten Def 3 knocks him down to 35 Def, it only leaves Leon with 1 HP, so he can survive and kill Hector.

See, almost every skill has its uses. :p Except the Defiant skills, those were duds even before the Brazen skills existed.
Was there ever a notion that it wasn't good?

Threaten Def and Def Ploy have always been fantastic if you have a team focused on a primary attacker. Which your "Leon and his troupe" team seems to be.

CrusherMania1592

Deaf Smasher
Premium
3DS FC
5472-7454-3545
*decides to take a break from Persona 5*

*continues to play*

Dafuq is wrong with me? lmao

D

Deleted member

The issue with Threaten Skills is their range, if someone is that close to you then they likely attacked already. They just end up being way too situational to be used over buffing skills for your own team.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
*decides to take a break from Persona 5*

*continues to play*

Dafuq is wrong with me? lmao
Clearly you have Video Game Addiction Disorder.

Time to send you to rehab son, you're a failure and disgrace to the family for playing video games.

Last edited:

CrusherMania1592

Deaf Smasher
Premium
3DS FC
5472-7454-3545
Clearly you have Video Game Addiction Disorder.

Time to send you to rehab son, you're a failure and disgrace to the family for playing video games.

Or perhaps I want to take advantage of getting as much as I can done before I go back to work Monday. Once Monday hits, I'm back to my old schedule which I'm not looking forward to doing

Moydow

The fairest of them all
BRoomer
Was there ever a notion that it wasn't good?

Threaten Def and Def Ploy have always been fantastic if you have a team focused on a primary attacker. Which your "Leon and his troupe" team seems to be.
Compared to Ploy or Smoke skills, yeah, they're not the best. The range can be a bit iffy to work with, which is less of a problem with a Ploy skill, and a Smoke skill gives a bigger debuff after you attack someone, which would be ideal with this team. Not that I mean to say they are bad, though, just generally less useful than other options; this is one of a handful of cases where it works out better than the other options I mentioned.

In the absence of something like Def Smoke or Odd Attack Wave, though, it's probably the better option for someone like a brave weapon user. 10 more points of damage is hard to argue against, as long as you get the positioning right.

Last edited:

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
The issue with Threaten Skills is their range, if someone is that close to you then they likely attacked already. They just end up being way too situational to be used over buffing skills for your own team.
Compared to Ploy or Smoke skills, yeah, they're not the best. The range can be a bit iffy to work with, which is less of a problem with a Ploy skill, and a Smoke skill gives a bigger debuff after you attack someone, which would be ideal with this team. Not that I mean to say they are bad, though, just generally less useful than other options; this is one of a handful of cases where it works out better than the other options I mentioned.

Not on teams with a focus on a main attacking unit, though.

Like what buffs is Leon going to be giving to three dancers? The dancers buff him, and then Threaten Def 3 is +5 to his damage too.

And not everyone has the Res to run Def Ploy. Or the disposable fodder.

Also I don't see how it's situational, especially if you have at least one Dancer on your team as well as units with Reposition, which is an extremely common set up. It's very easy to set up so the enemy only gets within two spaces of you on their phase, leaving them wide open on your phase with the Def debuff. Threaten Def also works diagonally unlike Def Ploy, which is very useful on maps with walls and corners and you have an Archer running Threaten Def 3.

I used to use it on my Clair before I maxed her merges and never had any problems with it. Then I switched to Def Ploy, but only because she had the Res to run it. Not a lot of units do though.

Last edited:

Starlight_Lily

Stage Overflowing with Starlight
whelp, androobie never really responded to my questions on him partaking in the nintenzone colony so just gonna have to ditch hiim as its been waiting long enough

View attachment 151018
loaded on up the map and random location, were settling in a tropical rainforest this time, so basically we'll be facing heat waves, dangerous and horrible wildlife, plants ruining and destroying everything, and several horrible diseases, much different than our old home in the arid wasteland that was basically fallout but with some trees, if one of us is getting infected were probably screwed considering i didn't survive an infected liver last time. At least this time our biggest problem won't be god damn wood screwing us over as that'll be literally everywhere
View attachment 151019
so much everywhere i didn't even bother packing any, basic weapons and starting materials that we won't likely have on site along with meds and food to hold over till we get automated

and thus the campaign begins
View attachment 151020
View attachment 151021
vegitation everywhere but we got flat and good space to build up on so we got plenty of expansion, no rich fields but all of it is growable, just will take awhile dued to all the damn vegitation, so ya thats the start of the game, will come back for an update when we start making land or something

also wanna point out lily, your rabbit is named bertha this time, sorry its random so i can't name it, i miss butts already lol
and thats the start, oh ya i remember praline wanting me to tag them during the last game, but i don't really wanna bug people :V if ya want to be tagged to follow up on your pawns jounry let me know otherwise i'll make sure to not annoy ya and leave ya at your own disclosure, hopefully we won't get screwed by rng this time!
Oh, she was called Bertha? Her full name was Big Bertha.

whelp in order to change the mood rimworld
so as soon as the game begun did inital orders and gathered euipment this popped up
View attachment 151036
apparenlty during the character creation, i literally forgot to give yellow pants.....sooooooo everyone can basically see....ya....sorry buddy literally no clue how that slipped my mind, shouldn't be a problem....hopefully, in a rainforest

anyway plenty of wood around and that steel building next to us so we dismantled it and got people to go around cutting down trees....all except for coricus and yellow who skills basically don't allow them to do much so they just passed time wondering around the place instead of doing anything productive, meh

as soon as 10 am hit
View attachment 151037
red just suddenly collapsed over and fell right asleep on the ground, guess its because hes nocturnal but still it was funny to see him work on building a wall just to suddenly pass out asleep on the ground while praline uni and shish walk right on top of him disturbing him to finish his work lol

not much happened really considering its the first day, so we just went around to get our bearings, cleared as much of the land as possible while settling up our structures and first buildings, no beds again so were all sleeping on the ground, only instead of sleeping on the hard rock and sand, were sleeping on ferns and shrubs....i think an improvement?

i got tired of yellow and cori just walking around doing nothing productive so i had them go hunting, killed a few bird to collect meat (which is kinda needed cause theres no edible plants in a rain forest apparently...)

View attachment 151038

there was also this jerk who wanted to come back and endanger one of us, so we just set up an hunting squad and we have a dead panther
View attachment 151039
and so ends the first day as we all sit around a camp fire in our horrible improved base set up while a storm brewing up outside, found the image of all of us just sitting around nice so wanted to snap a picture of it~

and thats it, will let more days go by before i make another log but ya there it is
Yellow confirmed follower of Pants less Marth. :v

honestly the first day was productive the 2nd wasn't, not much really even happened as the crew just continued to get their bearings and disorganization made light work, made some fields and more trees to be chopped while we slowly built towards out beginning structures

View attachment 151095
then on the 3rd shiny already broke, it didn't even take that long at all, which isn't surprising as nothing is comfortable about our currently home, a lot of people are already experiencing minor risks, still i found the reason he broke kinda funny, he was sick of his on the floor barracks he had to share with everyone that he decided to hide away...in the on the floor barracks that made him broke in the first place lol

anyway typical hunting for food cause thats kinda a *****, continuing rice fields cause we need edible plant matter, and slowly etching things out along with carving out the small mountain we have here into the center of our base, there was also a visitor from a tribe nearby but they were so uninteresting i didn't even bother to make a mark of it

also to make coricus less idle i had her make a sculpture already out of wood since thats basically everywhere
View attachment 151097
use in game wise, came out well, on an literature note....she literally just made a giant rock made of wood, just that, a giant rock. and apparently its incredibly beautiful to all of us, logic i guess
View attachment 151098
also right after she finished that, lily also mentally broke, instead of because she got courtship turned down with praline, i guess she couldn't handle getting her yuri denied :V

which speaking of that
View attachment 151099
shiny depressed himself so much he literally starved himself, despite there being literal cooked meat just two tiles away from him, i don't know :V

didn't last long for either of them, both shiny and lily snapped out of it the next morning so everything ended up good

(i have zero idea why smashboards doesn't like the 5th image, i've tried uploading it several times and now i just say **** it)
production is moving slower than i would like thanks to the disorganization of all of us being whiny ******** of the heat and the hostile and unruly enviroment we now live in, but we'll slowly make it there, hopefully next log we'll all have private bedrooms and shiny and red have learned how to put a soft thing on top of wood
Denied? Oh well.

Guess I'll just have to get Cori before Yellow does. :v

not much to report again, still getting bearings on up, we finally finished on up the rice fields so in a few days time we'll start have occuring rice to eat, not the best thing in the world but its face and just needs to be cooked, also planned on out the rest of the inital base on out which should be showned after we finally get the surrroundings built, we have seem to avoid the inital mood breaks, i'm not sure whether to account it to getting used to the place or the pawns just getting less and less ******, oh well less complaints and more work, however slow it may be
View attachment 151217
funny enough this little guy decided to go into man hunter state, who was literally across the whole map, it was a tortoise so it took him half of the whole day to finally reached it us
View attachment 151218
only to run into coricus's shotgun and died in a few blasts, rip the tortoise that craved human fleshed, we made soup out of him

our diets so far been capabayas, cassowarys, and boars, though we have caught a few rodents, mainly rats and chincillas trying to get in and sniff our food and dirty the place were trying to tame into civilized home, got plenty of leather stored up so if we can ever get a sewing booth up and running we can make some heat resistant clothes to resistant this enviroment even more (and make pants for yellow)

View attachment 151219
also bertha lilys rabbit keeps getting into our rice fields and eating the plants beffore they grow, and i can't control the little bugger

anyway thats all there is to report the few days, still trying to get the base up and running, coricus been hunting, yellow and lily been cooking, me and shish been cutting down trees and tiding the fields, red and shiny been researching, and uni and praline have been building things, pretty much hit automotion status now, aside from the hunting but ya things are going slow but smooth.
View attachment 151220
sweet! it took 6 days but red and shiny have just now discovered how to push a blanket on top of constructed wood! huzzah!

but in all seriousness this means we can finally stop sleeping on infected ridden floors and move on up to actual comfort, hell of a lot improvement, gonna work on cutting stone next as while we need electricty badly to conserve supplies and fix numerous problems, its gonna take awhile and winter (or what you can call winter in 22 degrees celsius) and it'll cool down the enviroment a lot

anywho mostly boring update with a few humours things, next up date should matter a lot more as we get actual rooms built and probably our first taste of combat
Well, she was Big Bertha,she was hungry, explains why she nearly ate all our plants. :v

The Tortoise thought he was going to have a awesome day, to bad Cori had other ideas. :v

fresh off the morning to put things into work, food is running low so a lot of us started eating raw meat, ya theres not much one can do when all we got to cook with is just a tiny campfire to feed 9 people, just gonna need to deal with, put coricus pawn to make some more scuptures so we got trade values while everyone continued on their original jobs plans

View attachment 151229
our first raid finally came inbound, and its just one guy with a shiv, agaisnt 9 of us 7 which are combat ready with big guns and big swords

i don't think i need to tell how it went
View attachment 151230

poor ******* got destroyed by praline and lily, chewed up badly surpried he lived honestly looking at the combat log
View attachment 151231
actually damn looking at this he did some damage to lily, apparently dodging pralines bullets he threw himself at lily and jabbed her heart with the shiv, and she retaliated by skewing out his kidneys, looking at lilys pawn her heart did got scrapped by and had massive bleeding problems, but it wasn't anything to major, just a nilch to the damage, shinys med work made it an easy patch and she was good to go the next day

we actually were able to take the guy prisoner despite his kidneys being in pieces and having bullets in his head, no chance to recruit him (no reason to want to anyway) but we can sell him to a civilization for a quick buck, maybe sell him for a pair of pants and something useful, sounds worth it for an additional meal everyday

that wasn't the only exciting thing to happen today either
View attachment 151232
View attachment 151233
during the raid a bunch of cargo pods dropped on by containing squirrel meat (what was squirrel meat doing in outerspace?) and after the fight a meteorite landed near by made of shiny jade, food and a valuable resource, so thats pretty neat

would also like to mention both things landed on animals, the pods on a boar and the jade on a tortoise, poor creatures never had a chance and got shreded by the impact

anyway excitement was over, back to routine as we slowly worked way towards our goal not much to mention there really
View attachment 151234
a full day passed on by as we finalized our base, its nearly ready finally and we can all finally sleep without see eachothers ugly mugs
Well, I must have a bleeding heart cause of praline's rejection. :v

star wars talk huh :V

is it bad i haven't seen any of the second trilogy? katt never been a starwars fan at all
before morning came around
View attachment 151454
we discovered how to properly cut stone, so we now can start turning the lumps of rock around into materials for additional use, made a crafting station and after coricus finishes up her little project she'll be cutting our stone to be used for walkways and other bits

in the morning we fully recovered from the one man raid, while our new prisoner is still trying to heal, not piccky on hiim as he tried to kill us so we'll let him come back slowly and get rid of him fast as possible, uni goes over to have talks every now and then to build up social experience and thats it, nothing changed from our schedule at all
View attachment 151455
and shishoe broke, a particuarly bad one at that, couldn't stand the enviroment and all the other problems so he ate all of our food
i repeat, shishoe ate all of our food, so for a whole day we had no food what so ever so a lot of us starved for a day, thanks shishoe

besides that the next day our rice fields were ready to harvest to so we all ate raw rice badly, but at least we suffered no ill effects and our food problem is now solved, so just continued onward with the current projects at hand
View attachment 151456
O_O
....well
....um
...that came out of nowhere
so...ya pawns can have relationships with eachother based on a completely random chance on an rng table thats influenced by the value of how much they get along with eachother, this isn't the only asking out as everal of the pawns already asked eachother out but kept getting rebuffed, uni had a +12 while natz had a +39 towards eachother, and unis pawn on random asked out natz pawn...so we now have a couple :V gotta build a double bed cause couples get antsy if they don't sleep together

anyway shortly after that a buncha elephants and giant birds kept harassing our rice fields, if we let them go on their own they'll eat our plants (like lily rabbit does and i can't stop that)
View attachment 151457
so we harassed them with gun fire every time they came close, they aren't eating our food

anyway at the end of the day we finally put in the last pieces of our structure on up so a lot of people sstarted wandering and doing odd jobs now, as the construction projects are over

coricus also finished her art projects so gonna share them now
View attachment 151458
so basically, a swallow wearing a hat and swinging a sledgehammer with a historian man on top of it riding it with a philospher in the background
an flying explorer with a knife with an panther oppressing him
an artwork representing that meteorite that fell down a little bit from our base (with some random kangaroo)
and two scenes of praline hunting down animals in weird abstract ways

so thats intereting to go through lol, though i do really love the meteroite scuplture a lot as thats very fitting for the event that happened on, and its also materwork meaning is basically a masterpiece as well, so i think i'll put it on display somewhere in the base so we can all admire it

View attachment 151459
and with that the day is basically come to a close, base is set up so now we just gotta fancy the place on out and move on from here, will make a trip soon to sell a buncha artwork that coricus made and the damn prisoner who stabbed lilys heart, so we'll see what happens in the morning
And Uni/Natz~ finally happened in game? How long until you burn Uni in game? :v

View attachment 151472
**** YA WE GOT ALCOHOL! i'm not one to condome drug use in real life (hell my family are teelototers) but this will help a crap ton in game as alchohol makes all the annoyances that continue to break the pawns down lessen and give a mood boost, as long as we can brew beer we'll run risk of a lot less mental breakdowns

anyway the next few days were actually boring on the production side of things, really just putting down flooring and move thousands and thousands of rice while putting in the next fields, along with trying to fight several major breakdowns just waiting to happen

though we did have a crap ton of events happen throughout
View attachment 151473
such as this legendary creature, basically we can poach it to get a ton of money off its fur and its horn, buuuuuuuuuuut, its sucker bait these things will kill pretty much any colony as they have a crap ton of hit points and can make a person explode in one shot, usually the best ways to kill this thing is with nukes or makeing it kill itself, so of course we didn't even touch it, but its nice to gaze at and more or less became our neighbor
View attachment 151474
uni gained the ability to garuntee recruit the next person i send him no matter what, 100% chance, pretty freakin awesome but we don't want herbie, and i don't know if we'll get to use it in the 8 day window...oh well still neat
View attachment 151475
aaaaaaand we got a heat wave....****, we can only stand 30 degrees celcius, yet its going to hit the high 40s everwhere, everyones gonna get heatstroke and we just gotta pray it doesn't last long enough to kill us all....hopefully
View attachment 151476
and i launched my regularly standard fire spree, didn't do any damgage but it ruined everyones relaxing time as i try to burn down our food and incomplete fields, ******* me
View attachment 151477
and to top it off our prisoner went berserk and tried to break out and smash reds face in
ya we didn't let him
View attachment 151478
praline beat him down with an LMG and cooled his jets, she took a lot of bruises in the fight but all minor wounds that shinys healing couldn't take care of

so ya little productive days but with a crap ton of events happening all at once more or less

though bad news is the heat wave, its getting hot and we don't have a way to combat it, all of us have some bad heatstroke going on 2 days into the heatwave and i don't know when its gonna stop, if it goes on a lot longer we could be running risk of all of us dying or loosing body parts to heat stroke, hopefully it won't happen....but it can turn dire soon
Oh, a heatwave happened in game, just like in real life, huh?

View attachment 151629
View attachment 151630
View attachment 151631

View attachment 151632
View attachment 151633

View attachment 151634
View attachment 151635
RIP Bertha.

You were avenged. You never got to make your Big debut, like Ridley. :v

Hey, Natz, can you get 2nd pets? Like capture another bunny and make it a pet? Cause if so, maybe we can have a Big Berta II, who will get to make it big like Ridley. :v

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Not on teams with a focus on a main attacking unit, though.

Like what buffs is Leon going to be giving to three dancers? The dancers buff him, and then Threaten Def 3 is +5 to his damage too.

And not everyone has the Res to run Def Ploy. Or the disposable fodder.

Also I don't see how it's situational, especially if you have at least one Dancer on your team as well as units with Reposition, which is an extremely common set up. It's very easy to set up so the enemy only gets within two spaces of you on their phase, leaving them wide open on your phase with the Def debuff. Threaten Def also works diagonally unlike Def Ploy, which is very useful on maps with walls and corners and you have an Archer running Threaten Def 3.

I used to use it on my Clair before I maxed her merges and never had any problems with it. Then I switched to Def Ploy, but only because she had the Res to run it. Not a lot of units do though.
It's just too hard to setup and not practical at all when there are multiple enemies, especially with ranged units.
Sure, they're good filler skills for a "just in case" but they are way too situational to consider even over a simple Hone or Fortify. And teams consisted of only one attacker are already niche by nature because they aren't viable for every situation.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
It's just too hard to setup and not practical at all when there are multiple enemies, especially with ranged units.
Sure, they're good filler skills for a "just in case" but they are way too situational to consider even over a simple Hone or Fortify. And teams consisted of only one attacker are already niche by nature because they aren't viable for every situation.
I've literally never had an issue using it though.

And I don't mean a team of just literally one attacker, just any with a main physical attacker. Tanks can also make use of it pretty well to do their jobs a bit faster or deal with oncoming units before they get a Glacies proc or something.

Whether or not you use Threaten skills or other debuffs simply comes down to whether or not a specific unit has any worthwhile buffs to give to their teammates, and that comes down to their teammates roles. For example, there's usually little point in offering buffs to a healer or dancer, or if you expect that a unit is going to have to separate from the team for a while or does so often, then there is no point in them running a buff skill in their C-slot.

I don't see how it's less viable than any other C-slot. Like any other C-slot, it's usefulness is based on the team composition you run.

And personally, any "just in case" skill that you can handily use before you have a more specialised team composition, is pretty good if you ask me. Kinda like the Quickened Pulse Sacred Seal was to my Clair. It wasn't the optimal choice for her but it was very useful until I came up with something better for her.

Last edited:

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Did my free summon on the BHB banner. Got another Merric to add to the "merge when I have enough feathers" pile. I call that a win.

D

Deleted member

There are some Shiny pokemon that need changing, but I do not want to make all of the cool ones black.

Like if a lot were black than shinies would not be as cool.

Moydow

The fairest of them all
BRoomer
And teams consisted of only one attacker are already niche by nature because they aren't viable for every situation.
Speak for yourself, I've used my team of Leon as the sole attacker plus three dancers to clear every single Infernal GHB for the last several months. :p Could probably run him and maybe a healer for stuff like Arena and Tempest Trials too, if not for the bonus unit requirement.

I guess he probably can't solo something like Grand Conquests, but I'm sure that's only because you're only allowed one dancer there. :p

I'm not being entirely serious here, I'm sure there are some actual situations where this won't work, but I can't think of them all right now

Last edited:

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
Speak for yourself, I've used my team of Leon as the sole attacker plus three dancers to clear every single Infernal GHB for the last several months. :p Could probably run him and maybe a healer for stuff like Arena and Tempest Trials too, if not for the bonus unit requirement.

I guess he probably can't solo something like Grand Conquests, but I'm sure that's only because you're only allowed one dancer there. :p

I'm not being entirely serious here, I'm sure there are some actual situations where this won't work, but I can't think of them all right now
Who are your dancers? ...not that I really know who’s good or not.

D

Deleted member

Well now that there is no Hector, I am back to using regular Hector.

Still hoping for a Hardin though.

Moydow

The fairest of them all
BRoomer
Who are your dancers? ...not that I really know who’s good or not.
For that battle I used Olivia, Azura, and Lene. Could probably have used anyone, though, since with dancers you're using them to dance, not to fight. Only thing that might matter is their places on the weapon triangle, since that can affect the enemy AI's movement.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
MHA One's Justice: We're an arena fighter!
Me: Oh ok I wanted a traditional fighter but maybe it's cool
MHAOJ: Here's the first gameplay footage!
Me: Ehhh not impressed
MHAOJ: You can pre order the game for a Mineta accessory!
Me: **** that
MHAOJ: WAIT! Pre order and get Endeavor, the child abusing, wife beating rapist!
Me: Aaaaand lost me

D

Deleted member

MHA One's Justice: We're an arena fighter!
Me: Oh ok I wanted a traditional fighter but maybe it's cool
MHAOJ: Here's the first gameplay footage!
Me: Ehhh not impressed
MHAOJ: You can pre order the game for a Mineta accessory!
Me: **** that
MHAOJ: WAIT! Pre order and get Endeavor, the child abusing, wife beating rapist!
Me: Aaaaand lost me
Gwen do yourself a favor and watch amy of the E3 demo gameplay videos

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom