• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 6.0 - L'Arachel Edition, Apparently?

Best Galar Starter?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
Then you probably sleep more soundly.
I wish getting a good night's sleep was the result of simply not caring about popular characters in Smash. Sadly, it's not that simple.

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
Smash Ultimate will have DLC. Its a no-brainer. But let me tell you something- if it DOESN'T have DLC, I'll be incredibly surprised. A little sad too, if I'm gonna be honest, because despite the fact I got my character, I still have characters who I want to see, and DLC may be their only chance at this point.

The Stoopid Unikorn

Spiciest of Guacamoles
Switch FC
SW-4202-4979-0504

Well it is not going to be easy. :p
I'll tell you a most valuable tip when it comes to gacha games, Shiny.

When you summon units, just go in assuming you WON'T get the unit you want.

This kind of mindset is best because, well, if you DO get him, it's a pleasant surprise and if you don't, well, you expected it, so it hurts less to not have it.

Pessimism is such a good mindset to have for these games.

mario123007

HELLO, YOU HAVE ENTERED THE DUNK ZONE
NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
I don't think we'll hear about it because I think he's smarter than that. He probably knows that revealing DLC 6 months before the game's even released could spark some controversy. Not to mention it's pointless since, if Smash 4 is anything to go by, he won't work on it until the game's done anyway.

But Smash Ultimate will definitely get DLC because Nintendo is, ultimately, a business company looking for ways to make a profit. And with how protifable Smash 4's DLC was...
It would be nice if we get expansion pass like how we have from XC2 and Splatoon 2.
Now I more care about if Smash Ultimate will have Story mode or not lol. Since everyone is here, this might be the perfect chance to have another Subspace Emissary-like story mode.

D

Deleted member

He's the symbol of peace don't you know
That's why we don't deserve him
He's literally got Grima-tier stats.

Heck, lemme compare the stats for a moment.

L!Hector: 47/40/23/38/26
M!Grima: 48/40/24/35/27

... Okay, Hector has noticeably more defense, and isn't weak to Falchions/Naga tomes, but my point is that, aside from the higher defense, Hector is pretty much the same as Male Grima.

And even then, Grima is arguably better because his Distant Counter doesn't waste an A-skill, so he can use that slot for stuff like Steady Breath which would give him one more defense than L!Hector (two less if you factor in Thunder Armads) in enemy phases.

In other words, L!Hector has the raw stats (and even then, only because of defense) and doesn't die to Marths while Male Grima has the build potential and can **** up ranged units much better than L!Hector could.
Thunder Armads can prevent him from getting doubled altogether while Grima will have to eat a second attack. Also, Hector has +2 Atk due to his weapon's Mt.
"Totally" eh? Well, since you aren't fond with XC2 ... of course...
Can you please stop assuming everything is a personal attack against XC2?

The Stoopid Unikorn

Spiciest of Guacamoles
Switch FC
SW-4202-4979-0504
It would be nice if we get expansion pass like how we have from XC2 and Splatoon 2.
So basically, a Season Pass like so many fighting games do?

Now I more care about if Smash Ultimate will have Story mode or not lol. Since everyone is here, this might be the perfect chance to have another Subspace Emissary-like story mode.
But the fact that everyone's here is exactly why it won't happen. Too many characters, probably not enough development time.

Yes, he's got almost, but not quite three years to work on the game. That's about as much time as Brawl, iirc. And that's assuming he worked for Ultimate the second he got the project plan done.

It could happen, but I... I don't think it's likely given all the neat touches they did in the actual gameplay. That's time that could've been spent on a Subspace, but we instead get it in sheer presentation, which matters so much in fighting games.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I'll tell you a most valuable tip when it comes to gacha games, Shiny.

When you summon units, just go in assuming you WON'T get the unit you want.

This kind of mindset is best because, well, if you DO get him, it's a pleasant surprise and if you don't, well, you expected it, so it hurts less to not have it.

Pessimism is such a good mindset to have for these games.
Me, seeing LH!Hector two days ago: "Holy **** he is SO going to be in my team, I even have a Canas ready to give him Res Tactic. I WILL get him and nothing will stop me."

The Stoopid Unikorn

Spiciest of Guacamoles
Switch FC
SW-4202-4979-0504
Thunder Armads can prevent him from getting doubled altogether while Grima will have to eat a second attack. Also, Hector has +2 Atk due to his weapon's Mt.
Expiration also has 16 Mt.

Also, Thunder Armads' effect is pretty situational and only works if the foes are spread out while your team isn't.

1530187302781.png

Granted, this will happen a lot if you run a flier with Guidance or an Armor Emblem, but still...

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Expiration also has 16 Mt.

Also, Thunder Armads' effect is pretty situational and only works if the foes are spread out while your team isn't.

View attachment 150561

Granted, this will happen a lot if you run a flier with Guidance or an Armor Emblem, but still...
I could swear Breaths had the same Nt as ranged weapons.

It's two spaces relative to your own unit, meaning Hector needs allies in Drive range while the enemy needs them in Spur range. Even assuming the enemy has one(which won't be often during Enemy Phase), all you need is two allies near him.
And when my whole tean strategy revolves around Tactics skills, I'm sure to have allies nearby.

The Stoopid Unikorn

Spiciest of Guacamoles
Switch FC
SW-4202-4979-0504
I could swear Breaths had the same Nt as ranged weapons.
Nope. :p

It's two spaces relative to your own unit, meaning Hector needs allies in Drive range while the enemy needs them in Spur range. Even assuming the enemy has one(which won't be often during Enemy Phase), all you need is two allies near him.
And when my whole tean strategy revolves around Tactics skills, I'm sure to have allies nearby.
That's fair enough.

DarkAuraful

Torpid Dragon
YEAHHHH!!! I FINALLY GOT HIM! ON THE SECOND PULL OF THE LEGENDARY BANNER LET'S GO!!!

Lmao but of course I get a +SPD -ATK. Whatever, I finally got my first Hector. That's more than enough. My most surprising pull since Zelgius.

Also I should really stop changing my avi. I occassionally try different characters on as my avatar but they don't last as long as I expect lol

I like all the characters I used previously, but I always go back to the one I love the most XD

mario123007

NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
So basically, a Season Pass like so many fighting games do?
Yeah, basically like that.

What's your problem with me responding to those who doesn't want Rex and Pyra in Smash?
And I never consider them they are a personal attack against XC2, I think it is just obvious that when you don't like a certain game, it is pretty obvious to say *insert a niche character* totally won't be in Smash... and no explanation whatsoever... not wrong disliking XC2, but when it comes to say a certain character totally won't be in Smash, I big to differ especially when it's a Nintendo franchise.

I personally don't think they will be in Smash as a base game as well, but I'm pretty sure they will be in, in some way shape or form...

And if you ask me are there any popular requested characters that I don't want it to be in Smash?
Probably any new Pokemon characters, and Chorus Men...

But the fact that everyone's here is exactly why it won't happen. Too many characters, probably not enough development time.
I don't think we can say that for sure, I'm sure they will figure it out, all I hope is that we can see more interesting story cutscenes like how we get back in Brawl, I kind of miss that.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

What's your problem with me responding to those who doesn't want Rex and Pyra in Smash?
And I never consider them they are a personal attack against XC2, I think it is just obvious that when you don't like a certain game, it is pretty obvious to say *insert a niche character* totally won't be in Smash... and no explanation whatsoever...
Them: "I don't think Rex and Pyra will be in the base game"
You: "Lol that's because you don't like XC2"
You're literally saying their supposed reasoning is not likung the game when the actual reason for why they won't be in the game was being discussed beforehand.
You didn't even provide an actual argument to them, all you said is make a passive-aggressive comment that is equivalent to someone saying "you don't like [game] because you suck at it"

mario123007

NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
Them: "I don't think Rex and Pyra will be in the base game"
You: "Lol that's because you don't like XC2"
You're literally saying their supposed reasoning is not likung the game when the actual reason for why they won't be in the game was being discussed beforehand.
Praline's post itself didn't...
and yeah, the reason has been discussed a lot when it comes to the possibility and feasibility, which even I actually do agree to some extent. But even so I personally don't think you should say the "totally" won't be in Smash. Remember we all expect them having higher chance as DLC.
We used to hear Daisy and Ridley "totally" won't be in Smash from some individuals and with many reasons being discussed back in the day.

You didn't even provide an actual argument to them, all you said is make a passive-aggressive comment that is equivalent to someone saying "you don't like [game] because you suck at it"
I didn't because it has been discussed for months. And from my experience in this thread, I'm not surprised that most user here won't want Rex and Pyra in Smash if we just consider personal choice rather than feasibility.

And when it was you who replied to tell me to stop responding those who doesn't want XC2 characters... is also obvious as well lol.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Praline's post itself didn't...
and yeah, the reason has been discussed a lot, which even I actually do agree to some extent. But even so I personally don't think you should say the "totally" won't be in Smash. Remember we all expect them having higher chance as DLC.
We used to hear Daisy and Ridley "totally" won't be in Smash from some individuals and with many reasons being discussed back in the day.
They can't be in because they didn't exist when the roster was made, I said that two posts below her you can't tell me you missed it.
I didn't because it has been discussed for months. And from my exprience in this thread, I'm not surprised that most user here won't want Rex and Pyra in Smash
What has been discussed for months? And how does that matter? You can't expect everyone to just know what you're talking about when there's no context for it.
And when it was you who replied to tell me to stop responding those who doesn't want XC2 characters... is also obvious as well lol.
You're doing it again for ****'s sake I LITERALLY just called you out for this exact behaviour.

mario123007

NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
They can't be in because they didn't exist when the roster was made, I said that two posts below her you can't tell me you missed it.
Yeah, I already heard about that conclusion a lot. But saying it as Rex and Pyra "totally" won't be in Smash is a no go imo. The best assumption at this point is they might be a DLC characters.

What has been discussed for months? And how does that matter? You can't expect everyone to just know what you're talking about when there's no context for it.
But like you said it was being explained later down the posts, so I don't think I needed further saying to this discussion other than I disagree those who thinks we will never get a XC2 rep in Smash. I won't be disappointed if they didn't, but we can't leave it out just yet.

You're doing it again for ****'s sake I LITERALLY just called you out for this exact behaviour.
So you think when me disagreeing with those who doesn't want a XC2 rep I should be "called out"? Okay, you do you then.

Edit: So I hope this gives you some clarification, I don't think Praline's post was attacking XC2 (That was never my intention on criticizing that since well... it has been a reckous talking about that), I just think that you should never totally count out any characters.

Last edited:

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
Smash Ultimate will have DLC. Its a no-brainer. But let me tell you something- if it DOESN'T have DLC, I'll be incredibly surprised. A little sad too, if I'm gonna be honest, because despite the fact I got my character, I still have characters who I want to see, and DLC may be their only chance at this point.
Yeah dlc is definitely gonna happen.

Didn’t you know? Mario worked on the game. That’s why nobody can say anything against it.

"Totally" eh? Well, since you aren't fond with XC2 ... of course...
Literally what is your problem? Quit getting your ****ing panties in a bunch when people say anything against your precious little video game, ok? It’s not funny, or cute. Rex and Pyra can’t be in the main game cause of when the roster was finalized. I never said that they would never be playable through dlc.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Yeeeeeeeeeeees

Just need to adjust the position and proportions of the outfit and add normal maps and such and this piece of the outfit is done. Then the rest shouldn't take as long since I figured out the process.

mario123007

NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
Didn’t you know? Mario worked on the game. That’s why nobody can say anything against it.
Yeah sure I did...

Real here, uh no I never said that lol.

Literally what is your problem? Quit getting your ****ing panties in a bunch when people say anything against your precious little video game, ok?
Oh boy I'm so hurt on your harassing comment lol. If you think I was criticizing your opinion on XC2 that is an overthought since I never criticize your opinion on that...
It’s not funny, or cute. Rex and Pyra can’t be in the main game cause of when the roster was finalized. I never said that they would never be playable through dlc.
Bruh, I just think you shouldn't count out Rex and Pyra entirely out of being in Smash. This really has nothing to do with XC2 itself. But if it's just because you just don't like the character (And the game) I just think it's obvious, I mean no harm.

I have to say this though, nothing related to your post but, just like how The Stoopid Unikorn The Stoopid Unikorn said before, I can't remember it correctly but it is a worthless thing to do to criticize a game that you not only don't enjoy but also haven't even play it.
Lets be honest, XC2 is just your average magical hentai game.
You already said a similar thing months ago lol.
From someone who has yet to play the game, yeah.

Last edited:

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
Hey guys, how it's goi-

Nevermind, I be back later.

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
Yeah sure I did...

Real here, uh no I never said that lol.

Oh boy I'm so hurt on your harassing comment lol. If you think I was criticizing your opinion on XC2 that is an overthought since I never criticize your opinion on that...

Bruh, I just think you shouldn't count out Rex and Pyra entirely out of being in Smash. This really has nothing to do with XC2 itself. But if it's just because you just don't like the character (And the game) I just think it's obvious, I mean no harm.

I have to say this though, nothing related to your post but, just like how The Stoopid Unikorn The Stoopid Unikorn said before, I can't remember it correctly but it is a worthless thing to do to criticize a game that you not only don't enjoy but also haven't even play it.

You already said a similar thing months ago lol.
From someone who has yet to play the game, yeah.
For **** sake. I’m not saying they won’t get in ever. I don’t even hate the game. How YOU act about the game is what’s making me not like it.

I also just said that I didn’t say that their wouldn’t be anything from XC2 in Ultimate. They just wouldn’t have a base roster character.
Y’know what? **** it. I’m just not gonna reply cause it’s not worth the effort.

mario123007

NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
Hey guys, how it's goi-

Nevermind, I be back later.
Ok...
For **** sake. I’m not saying they won’t get in ever. I don’t even hate the game. How YOU act about the game is what’s making me not like it.

I also just said that I didn’t say that their wouldn’t be anything from XC2 in Ultimate. They just wouldn’t have a base roster character.
Y’know what? **** it. I’m just not gonna reply cause it’s not worth the effort.
If that's the case you could have said it earlier, but I have to admit I shouldn't have jump the gun, so yeah, I apologize for that.

And here goes the "not gonna reply", you do you but hey, when I never give out any rude comments and just giving my two cents on your short reply... I don't see why you would think my post were like ya know... that. And hell, that wasn't the only reply I made, that post was mostly about Beat'em ups video, and I get called out solely for that, like wow...

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom