• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 6.0 - L'Arachel Edition, Apparently?

Best Galar Starter?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

Geno was the only character I didn't vote for in that poll.
The other four are among my most wanted (at least one of them is obvious af).

Last edited by a moderator:

Jojalole

Henshin a go go baby!
Switch FC
SW 7943 9867 0675
Sorry for being to chatty, I needed to tell someone my most intense gacha experience. :p
Lol no worries, was a good read hahaha.

Btw, she's -Def +Res, any set you could recommend me for that?
Ouch, the -Def hurts her since it's a super-bane, she will only have 26 defense. But the +Res helps with her enemy phase, so I'd focus on that. You can change cancel affinity for Quick Reposte or Vantage to use her on the enemy phase, and keep her Dragon-Skin and Smoke Res. And you can give her either close or distant defense as sacred seal to give her +10 Def/Res on enemy phase depending on who is attacking her. I'd go with Distant Defense because she's +Res and can reach 38 Res which isn't that bad, and combined with the adaptive damage from Expiration, she should do well enough against most mages. But you definitely want to take out Bonfire and put Moonbow, with 26 defense it isn't that worth.

Enjoy your Grima stepping on you!

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I have edited my post. I get a little emotional while I'm doing multiple things at the same time.

I'm working on an art project of sorts

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
The RTC thread seems to disagree. If you look at the people that voted low, they are ALL the common Waddle Dee fans

At least the majority of the two communities don't agree. If any do, they seem to be a minority
That's just one thread.

Not everyone goes there.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
That's just one thread.

Not everyone goes there.
I wouldn't have though much until I saw this post by Lampy

And I got the idea they were diametrically opposed.
My opinion on Geno constantly shifts between dislike and neutral, but it has recently hit the lowest point possible.
Geno is a character that, despite checking multiple boxes that would usually make the Smash fanbase say "this character doesn't deserve a slot on the roster!", has gained a large cult following over the years, to the point he's considered one of the most highly requested characters on this website. To elaborate...
  • "Waluigi doesn't deserve to be in Smash, he's just a spin-off character!" At least he made more than one appearance and a cameo, unlike Geno... Who is also technically a "spin-off" character.
  • "No more Mario characters!" Many people say that but still want Geno.
  • "One-off characters don't belong in Smash!" Why is Geno any different?
  • "We shouldn't get any new Pokemon because they'd feel outdated by the time the next game comes out!" This one is particularly ironic, because Geno is already outdated. He's a one-off character that hasn't made an appearance in years, and yet the fanbase still loves him.
Personally, I'm the kind of guy who prioritizes moveset over anything, so I don't care about all the fine print that requires a Smash inclusion. And yet, I find myself frustrated with people who care so much about it but still want Geno. It especially irks me that Sakurai achknowledged his popularity directly yet never said a word about characters like Isaac or even the elusive King K. Rool. It frustrates me even more that some people give him the okay but still don't accept Bandana Dee as a character that's worthy of Smash, despite him litearally checking every box.
Finally, I'm an advocate of third-party inclusions, unlike a large part of the fanbase, and there are very few choices that I would really dislike. Recently, I've been seeing many people say that they believe Geno will be the only third-party newcomer, at least in the base game. Regardless of whether their predictions are correct or not. that outcome would be a massive disappointment for me as there are so many good options for third-parties, while Geno is literally just a Nintendo character that they don't own.
I admit that I'm not too familiar with the character as I have yet to play Mario RPG (That's only happening after I get a SNES classic, which isn't happening for a while), so while my opinion could potentially shift in a more positive direction once I play the game, I currently don't want to see Geno in the game at all. Also, if Geno gets anything while Bandana Dee is ignored altogether like in Sm4sh, I'd be livid.
It just seems like the origin of the popularity of the characters and their place in the fandom come from opposites

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I wouldn't have though much until I saw this post by Lampy

And I got the idea they were diametrically opposed.
My opinion on Geno constantly shifts between dislike and neutral, but it has recently hit the lowest point possible.
Geno is a character that, despite checking multiple boxes that would usually make the Smash fanbase say "this character doesn't deserve a slot on the roster!", has gained a large cult following over the years, to the point he's considered one of the most highly requested characters on this website. To elaborate...
  • "Waluigi doesn't deserve to be in Smash, he's just a spin-off character!" At least he made more than one appearance and a cameo, unlike Geno... Who is also technically a "spin-off" character.
  • "No more Mario characters!" Many people say that but still want Geno.
  • "One-off characters don't belong in Smash!" Why is Geno any different?
  • "We shouldn't get any new Pokemon because they'd feel outdated by the time the next game comes out!" This one is particularly ironic, because Geno is already outdated. He's a one-off character that hasn't made an appearance in years, and yet the fanbase still loves him.
Personally, I'm the kind of guy who prioritizes moveset over anything, so I don't care about all the fine print that requires a Smash inclusion. And yet, I find myself frustrated with people who care so much about it but still want Geno. It especially irks me that Sakurai achknowledged his popularity directly yet never said a word about characters like Isaac or even the elusive King K. Rool. It frustrates me even more that some people give him the okay but still don't accept Bandana Dee as a character that's worthy of Smash, despite him litearally checking every box.
Finally, I'm an advocate of third-party inclusions, unlike a large part of the fanbase, and there are very few choices that I would really dislike. Recently, I've been seeing many people say that they believe Geno will be the only third-party newcomer, at least in the base game. Regardless of whether their predictions are correct or not. that outcome would be a massive disappointment for me as there are so many good options for third-parties, while Geno is literally just a Nintendo character that they don't own.
I admit that I'm not too familiar with the character as I have yet to play Mario RPG (That's only happening after I get a SNES classic, which isn't happening for a while), so while my opinion could potentially shift in a more positive direction once I play the game, I currently don't want to see Geno in the game at all. Also, if Geno gets anything while Bandana Dee is ignored altogether like in Sm4sh, I'd be livid.
It just seems like the origin of the popularity of the characters and their place in the fandom come from opposites
That's just one person. One person isn't a represntitive of the entire fanbase.

D

Deleted member

Bandana Dee would fit perfectly in Smash. I can’t see any reason at all anybody would oppose to his inclusion.
People think he's too simplistic, since he's just a Waddle Dee with a hat.
I don't agree with that, but I can see why others would.

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
I want BD in Smash just to see Chandeelure ascend into a Memegod.

Ivander

Smash Legend
I wouldn't mind Bandana Dee. But if he's in, I hope there is more to him than just the spear. I mean, how about reference his kind and what they do? Like Parasol Waddle Dee and Waddle Doo? Give Bandana Dee a Parasol in some of his attacks and the Beam Copy Abilities' Wand that mimics the Waddle Doo's attacks? Or give Bandana Dee a down-air Slam that mimics his Megaton Punch in his MP appearance?

Like I certainly don't mind him being playable, but as far as I've seen with his Spear in his games, it's.....nothing impressive(besides the Spear throw, he plays alot like Sword Kirby). If there's more to him than just the Spear, like say, adding some Parasol and Beam attacks to his attacks as well as his Megaton Punch, he'd be far more interesting.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I have a full moveset concept for Bandana Dee that mostly uses his spear with some touches of Parasol.
The main spice of that moveset is the ability to add elements to his spear. It works like Shulk's Monado Arts, except with the friend ability elements from Star Allies. It might be too late for that to happen if he's actually added, but there are other ways to potentially make him unique without giving him a gimmick at all.
I think people are severly underselling him and his uniqueness.

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
Im supposed to be asleep to wake up at 8am to clean the house to receive the dude that fixes the Cable.

But Im awake at 3:30am leveling up my cute as **** F!Grima.

#Priorities

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Spearcopter is like one of my most wanted special moves now that Ridley's wall grind is in.

D

Deleted member

I'm actually glad someone caught that because if no one did I would of just deleted my account and start a new internet alias.

Actually that's a lie but still.
I happened to have a good memory, so I remember you saying something about Kirby 64 being your favorite Kirby game, so it was easy to make a connection.
(I played it recently btw, it's fantastic)

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Ginsengeno.png

Before I continue, am I doing the Japanese characters right?

Doesn't say something random does it?

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Here's that video of The Legend of Spyro: Dawn of the Dragon running at native 4K in RPCS3 emulator. The frame rate is also unlocked as that's how it was on an actual PS3 and Xbox 360.

I was honestly quite shocked at how well this game runs here, as I have seen nobody in the RPCS3 community talk about it. RPCS3 is also still in it's alpha stages of development, so any game running this well at native 4K is generally a big deal. Really there's not much to say here, none of the bugs I experienced emulating the Xbox 360 version of the game in Xenia are present, the frame rate seems to remain at 60 FPS more consistently than on an actual PS3 console, and the loading times are basically instantaneous.

The Stoopid Unikorn

Spiciest of Guacamoles
Switch FC
SW-4202-4979-0504
Which is the most attractive Tharja in FEH?
Regular Tharja, Normal Tharja or Wedding Tharja?
I'd run away if I saw any of them so... neither :p

Something I forgot to mention, L!Hector is tied with M!Grima for the highest ATK! AND he has a Superboon in ATK too! Heck, L!Hector's stats are very identical to M!Grima, including having Vengeful Fighter and Distant Counter.
So what you're saying is that my +4 Grima is superior? :V

Hah! I just noticed that for all 3 Hectors, they all have a smirk in their normal art.
He knows he's OP and he's ****ing smug about it.

D

Deleted member

Mission: pull Hector
Eh, I'll take it. Didn't have Myrrh yet. (I didn't even bother looking at her stats so I don't know what her IVs are tho)
But oh hey
+Atk/-HP
>Superboon
>44 base Atk
>60 ****ing unbuffed raw Atk
LOCAL TEEN ****ING KILLS EVERYTHING

The Stoopid Unikorn

Spiciest of Guacamoles
Switch FC
SW-4202-4979-0504
Mission: pull Hector

Eh, I'll take it. Didn't have Myrrh yet. (I didn't even bother looking at her stats so I don't know what her IVs are tho)
But oh hey

+Atk/-HP
>Superboon
>44 base Atk
>60 ****ing unbuffed raw Atk
LOCAL TEEN ****ING KILLS EVERYTHING
I like how Arthur is in both.

Is this ironic or fitting, given his bad luck? :p

D

Deleted member

This is BIke/Innes all over again, I IMMEDIATELLY got another one after that
+Spd/-Atk which means he's merge material

Gonna wait until tomorrow to train him though, double SP and all that.

D

Deleted member

This is BIke/Innes all over again, I IMMEDIATELLY got another one after that

+Spd/-Atk which means he's merge material

Gonna wait until tomorrow to train him though, double SP and all that.
Congratulations!
*Flashbacks about getting a +Spd/-Atk Halloween Jakob*

Zinith

Yoshi is Thicc in S P I R I T
All around you, awaiting to consume your soul
Switch FC
SW-4624-0132-9722
Whelp, had a good Yoshi talk today (in lieu of more Corrin and Bayonetta conversations which I wanted no part in) and all in all was a happy Yoshi nut tonight. I'm gonna hit the hay. Good night and remember that Yoshi loves you!!! :ultyoshi::ultyoshi::ultyoshi::yoshi::yoshi::yoshi:

The Stoopid Unikorn

Spiciest of Guacamoles
Switch FC
SW-4202-4979-0504
*Flashbacks about getting a +Spd/-Atk Halloween Jakob*
Can you stop behaving as if it made him useless?

It's not optimal, I'll give you that, but it's still workable and he can still get the job done.

You just have to focus more on defense, which he's really good at because he's got some decent mixed bulk without any tampering with stats.

Besides, I feel I'm best placed for this. I main a -HP Halloween Jakob... and still run a Wary Fighter build.

Granted, I patched up the superbane with both a weapon refine and a HP seal, but still...

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

If I get a +Attack / Speed Legendary Hector than that would be amazing.

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
What if you're like me and don't care for either Bandanna Dee or Geno?

The Stoopid Unikorn

Spiciest of Guacamoles
Switch FC
SW-4202-4979-0504
If I get a +Attack / Speed Legendary Hector than that would be amazing.
He's literally got Grima-tier stats.

Heck, lemme compare the stats for a moment.

L!Hector: 47/40/23/38/26
M!Grima: 48/40/24/35/27

... Okay, Hector has noticeably more defense, and isn't weak to Falchions/Naga tomes, but my point is that, aside from the higher defense, Hector is pretty much the same as Male Grima.

And even then, Grima is arguably better because his Distant Counter doesn't waste an A-skill, so he can use that slot for stuff like Steady Breath which would give him one more defense than L!Hector (two less if you factor in Thunder Armads) in enemy phases.

In other words, L!Hector has the raw stats (and even then, only because of defense) and doesn't die to Marths while Male Grima has the build potential and can **** up ranged units much better than L!Hector could.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

He's literally got Grima-tier stats.

Heck, lemme compare the stats for a moment.

L!Hector: 47/40/23/38/26
M!Grima: 48/40/24/35/27

... Okay, Hector has noticeably more defense, and isn't weak to Falchions/Naga tomes, but my point is that, aside from the higher defense, Hector is pretty much the same as Male Grima.

And even then, Grima is arguably better because his Distant Counter doesn't waste an A-skill, so he can use that slot for stuff like Steady Breath which would give him one more defense than L!Hector (two less if you factor in Thunder Armads) in enemy phases.

In other words, Hector has the raw stats (and even then, only because of defense) while Male Grima has the build potential.
Cool! I am still going to use both.
So... who do you think is better? :p

mario123007

HELLO, YOU HAVE ENTERED THE DUNK ZONE
NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
For context, everyone, here's said roster:

View attachment 150416

The part you mentioned is admittedly my riskiest decision here. We don't know how far along Xenoblade 2's details were by the time the roster was chosen, but part of me just kind of feels like we'll see another Greninja situation. That said, I could easily be wrong about that and we could end up with Elma on the base roster and Rex & Pyra as DLC. Either way, I'll be shocked if 1) we don't get a Xenoblade newcomer on the base roster, and if 2) Rex doesn't get in eventually.

What strange time is this, that I have Geno on a roster prediction and he isn't the biggest reach?
I'm pretty sure it will be Cross rather than Elma or Rex be in Smash lol.
Rex w/ Pyra totally won’t be playable
"Totally" eh? Well, since you aren't fond with XC2 ... of course...

DLC? Maybe. Game's been really successful and deserves it.

Base game? I'd bet money on them not making it there.
Bruh, Sakurai hasn't even mention DLC so let's not thik about DLC at this point, but yeah if there are DLC for Smash Ultimate I think it is possible.

As for now, SnipperClips, only gets a soundtrack in Smash... so I guess we might get at least music tracks or stages if we are lucky.

That is true. And is a point in Elma's favour, if Sakurai goes for another Xenoblade character.
Or Cross if Sakurai wants a character with more diverse weapons.
I haven't followed Xenoblade 2 too much, but I have a hunch that Spring Man (or any other ARMS fighter) might be on the same boat as Rex & Pyra in terms of were their games released too late.

I'm still rooting for ARMS regardless.
Same, but I have to admit the chance is slim... unless Sakurai finally reveals if this game will get DLC or not.

And speaking of Xenoblade...
Let's me just mention the elephant in the room...In this video from Beat-em ups, which first to say no shots on Wood himself, but how he compares Ys VIII and XC2 and saying the former is better is, get this, bias and unfair.

At least from his "Why I will not review XC2" video he does mention he didn't play much XC2, so it was so teeth gritting when he says that XC2 characters are not good, and even says Tora is an annoying Nopon (Which he is definitely not), and don't get me started on how he reviews XC2's battle system (Yeah, killing only Bunnits and Armus in your video... of course you will feel bored). Let me just say this is really a different stroke for different folks, Ys VIII and XC2 battle system are both good and have their equal amount of pros and cons.
Also saying voice acting is bad... well I do agree to some extent but I got flagged for saying Rex and Nia's voice acting are bad so... go figure...

And hold it right there before you say I am being a XC2 fanboy, I'm not saying he's wrong, I just personally think that he shouldn't say Ys VIII is better than XC2 just because he personally thinks so... I get that Ys VIII does remind me of Xenoblade 2, so I really want to buy Ys VIII, but when you compare it to XC2, it's literally comparing apples to oranges imo. So when it comes to the statement of Ys VIII is better than XC2, take it with a grain of salt, and more importantly... try both games and finish both of them (If you want to compare the story that is) to figure it out.

Trivia: Xeno series creator, Tetsuya Takashi, actually begin his career in videos in the 1980s when working with Nihon Falcom

One thing I have to admit before playing Ys VIII is...
Character designs in Ys VIII are way better than XC2 in my opinion.
And the main character Adol reminds me of Todoroki from MHA a lot.

Last edited:

The Stoopid Unikorn

Spiciest of Guacamoles
Switch FC
SW-4202-4979-0504
Bruh, Sakurai hasn't even mention DLC so let's not thik about DLC at this point, but yeah if there are DLC for Smash Ultimate I think it is possible.
I don't think we'll hear about it because I think he's smarter than that. He probably knows that revealing DLC 6 months before the game's even released could spark some controversy. Not to mention it's pointless since, if Smash 4 is anything to go by, he won't work on it until the game's done anyway.

But Smash Ultimate will definitely get DLC because Nintendo is, ultimately, a business company looking for ways to make a profit. And with how protifable Smash 4's DLC was...

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I realized only minutes ago that Swamp Sensei Swamp Sensei 's signature has characters in time order.
Nice touch!

Also Legendary Hector is going on my main team. He looks amazingly good, like potentially a top three character.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom