• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 6.0 - L'Arachel Edition, Apparently?

Best Galar Starter?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

First of all, seeing the Shadow Realm as a trash can for ****ty shows is an insult to the realm itself.
Oh! I am sorry!
I want Powerpuff Girls Reboot to die a horrible death.
Second, some people just have no taste. Just ask the child me. He unironically enjoyed Johnny Test.
When I was young, I did not hate it, but it was just boring.
I do not like it, and I never watch it because the show is dead.

Last edited by a moderator:

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
You're not wrong there.

If we wanna take this further, perhaps Tartar was a failed prototype of Judd? Would explain why it was stuck underground while people just found Judd easily enough for him to be part of Inkling society.
Judd is capable of being cloned from an embryo and eats food and drinks water. Tartar is a freaking phone-bot.

I imagine Judd was the scientist's genetically engineered pet and Tartar was his contingency plan. Or. . .part of it, rather. I've had suspicions since long before the expansion that Judd's owner deliberately seeded the planet to evolve sapient races ASAP. Tartar's just a *BLEEP*.

AndreaAC

Ridley's Propaganda Artist
Oh! I am sorry!
I want Powerpuff Girls Reboot to die a horrible death.
Why even waste time wishing that when at this point won't happen any time sooner? Just ignore it. At least you watched the Original PPG...right? Or you are just saying because most people that grew with the original said something similar when PPG 2016 ust released?

D

Deleted member

You guys have good taste compared to almost everyone I meet in my life.

The Stoopid Unikorn

Spiciest of Guacamoles
Switch FC
SW-4202-4979-0504
Judd is capable of being cloned from an embryo and eats food and drinks water. Tartar is a freaking phone-bot.

I imagine Judd was the scientist's genetically engineered pet and Tartar was his contingency plan. Or. . .part of it, rather. I've had suspicions since long before the expansion that Judd's owner deliberately seeded the planet to evolve sapient races ASAP. Tartar's just a *BLEEP*.
I mean... think about it. Judd's purpose is to, well, judge things.

Tartar isn't that much different, being the judge of whether the race that takes humanity's place is worthy or not, then give them the knowldege of human society if they're worthy.

The only difference being that he wasn't influenced by actually being part of Inkling culture like Judd was. And yeah, his plans were pretty much bull****, but his reasoning wasn't really wrong either. Having mankind's successor be a bunch of fahsion-driven kids who keep everything for themselves instead of sharing with the Octos is... actually, that sounds exactly like humanity lol

But either way, Tartar is kind of the same situation as Viridi in Kid Icarus, where the motivations are right, but the actions are horrifyingly wrong.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Why even waste time wishing that when at this point won't happen any time sooner? Just ignore it. At least you watched the Original PPG...right? Or you are just saying because most people that grew with the original said something similar when PPG 2016 ust released?
I could not ignore the situation. I do not want them liking that trash.
Also I did watch the original Powerpuff Girls. I liked it.

Yes, I know I should not force everyone to shape in my opinion. Sorry everyone!
I unironically like Family Guy.
Well maybe there are duds in your taste, but overall you all have good taste. Everyone has a dud in their taste, right?

D

Deleted member

oh ya before i forget
these six are pretty much ready to go in rimworld, if anyone else wanna have a spot in the game let me know :V would like to have 10 peeps this time and got one less one cause oppo good without

also i know we give the update a lotta crap,, but dame it was super easy to upload these images and they are all attachments, without any hassel at all, good on ya smashboards update
Put me in if you still have a slot. No idea of what this is but I wanna be in :p

AndreaAC

Ridley's Propaganda Artist
I could not ignore the situation. I do not want them liking that trash.
Also I did watch the original Powerpuff Girls. I liked it.

Yes, I know I should not force everyone to shape in my opinion. Sorry everyone!
Yeah, let people watch whatever they want, you don't have to do the same if you don't want to, and everyone's happy. Simple.

redfeatherraven

Walk the Earth
Premium
BRoomer
NNID
RedTheMastermind
3DS FC
0576-4747-0597
Switch FC
SW-4098-7445-3995
Well until we find out who else could do it, Judd's owner is the only person I can think of who could have created Tartar.

I imagine he would have been very disappointed in the conclusion Tartar came to, though. Both for it killing the one thing the guy loved if it went through and for spitting in the face of his prime directive because Inkling society wasn't enough for Tartar's perfectionism.
Definitely.

Being the kind of Renaissance Man scientist with enough background in AI and genetics and...building-sized solar powered blender laser statue things...that's all a bit of a stretch for one person to pull off, but we also don't know how Kamabo Co. fits into all this exactly. Wiki suggests it might've been a front for Tartar's operations, but perhaps it's instead a holdover or subsidiary from whatever ancient human company gave his creator a team? That'd solve a lot of resource chain problems.

And it'd even kind of make sense for how the scientist got reign to do all their more bat**** crazy ideas. If the Octarians are running off old human power supplies that they're barely keeping together, perhaps we can extrapolate there were some power issues that human society faced before its demise as well. Solar technology with the kind of power output of the NILS statue would suddenly seem like a real attractive option. If you can slap it on a statue, you can slap it on almost anything - buildings, pavement, other monuments, sky's the limit. Couple that with Strong AI and genetics research - the latter is always profitable for pharmaceuticals alone, the former seems like it had some bugs to work out and might not have been a big draw, but could've been parlayed into other products.

That company was rolling in it. Bet the scientist was too.

And Judd's cryo pod most certainly did not come cheap. Whether it was a prototype for something the scientist later intended to try on themselves, or they really did just want to send Judd off to a better life in the distant future alone, doesn't change the fact that such a device would need serious cash behind it.

Even the timelines add up - Tartar was built 12000 years ago, so he states.

I kind of wonder if this didn't give Tartar kind of an overzealous worship of his creator. It's one thing bopping a rogue AI for getting the wrong idea, but when you lay out the professor's assumed resume like that it's a little more understandable that he'd have the bar set abnormally high for whoever he passed **** down to.

...dear god, did I just Matpat? Please tell me I didn't just Matpat.

You're not wrong there.

If we wanna take this further, perhaps Tartar was a failed prototype of Judd? Would explain why it was stuck underground while people just found Judd easily enough for him to be part of Inkling society.
If this is correct, I assume the only link that Judd and Tartar have is their respective ties to the professor.

Judd is probably just a straight up normal cat, pattern aside.

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
it took you a whole game and thes start of the second to notice that lol?

i had zero idea on what to name ya so i just took a name masher and mashed ike and tharja and took two of the names that popped out for first and last
I did notice Thejar before, I thought it was a reference to tsun mayo lol

The Stoopid Unikorn

Spiciest of Guacamoles
Switch FC
SW-4202-4979-0504
Definitely.

Being the kind of Renaissance Man scientist with enough background in AI and genetics and...building-sized solar powered blender laser statue things...that's all a bit of a stretch for one person to pull off, but we also don't know how Kamabo Co. fits into all this exactly. Wiki suggests it might've been a front for Tartar's operations, but perhaps it's instead a holdover or subsidiary from whatever ancient human company gave his creator a team? That'd solve a lot of resource chain problems.

And it'd even kind of make sense for how the scientist got reign to do all their more bat**** crazy ideas. If the Octarians are running off old human power supplies that they're barely keeping together, perhaps we can extrapolate there were some power issues that human society faced before its demise as well. Solar technology with the kind of power output of the NILS statue would suddenly seem like a real attractive option. If you can slap it on a statue, you can slap it on almost anything - buildings, pavement, other monuments, sky's the limit. Couple that with Strong AI and genetics research - the latter is always profitable for pharmaceuticals alone, the former seems like it had some bugs to work out and might not have been a big draw, but could've been parlayed into other products.

And Judd's cryo pod most certainly did not come cheap. Whether it was a prototype for something the scientist later intended to try on themselves, or they really did just want to send Judd off to a better life in the distant future alone, doesn't change the fact that such a device would need serious cash behind it.

I kind of wonder if this didn't give Tartar kind of an overzealous worship of his creator. It's one thing bopping a rogue AI for getting the wrong idea, but when you lay out the professor's assumed resume like that it's a little more understandable that he'd have the bar set abnormally high for whoever he passed **** down to.

You just MatPatted.

D

Deleted member

Definitely.

If this is correct, I assume the only link that Judd and Tartar have is their respective ties to the professor.

Judd is probably just a straight up normal cat, pattern aside.
That is just a post, a Splatoon post!
Thanks for posting!

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
I mean... think about it. Judd's purpose is to, well, judge things.

Tartar isn't that much different, being the judge of whether the race that takes humanity's place is worthy or not, then give them the knowldege of human society if they're worthy.

The only difference being that he wasn't influenced by actually being part of Inkling culture like Judd was. And yeah, his plans were pretty much bull****, but his reasoning wasn't really wrong either. Having mankind's successor be a bunch of fahsion-driven kids who keep everything for themselves instead of sharing with the Octos is... actually, that sounds exactly like humanity lol

But either way, Tartar is kind of the same situation as Viridi in Kid Icarus, where the motivations are right, but the actions are horrifyingly wrong.
I have more sympathy for Viridi in that at least she doesn't recognize her own hypocrisy in her crusade as evidenced by her getting salty whenever :ultdarkpit: calls everyone else out. There's obviously a huge culture-wide issue with the gods in regards to their interactions with humanity and it's -hypothetically possible- someone could snap her out of it. At minimum she at least has subjective factors to her decisions which make her more, well, human.

Tartar? This guy knows -exactly- what humanity is like, had very specific orders instead of just being left to his own devices, and decided to ignore all of it and be a *BLEEP* because Inklings weren't -perfect-. And they DARN well are still doing better than humanity at that stage, and he had to have KNOWN this, ESPECIALLY since it was his job to pass on humanity's net knowledge. Shove a rubber pole up Tartar's electrical socket, honestly.

Screw Tartar.

D

Deleted member

kinda happy someone else wants in lol thank ya :p

want to give me a sentence on how ya want your pawn to be? or just leave it up to me?
I dunno how exactly it works but I like the ****poster idea, and I'm 18 btw. If you can give me a skirt or something, I'd appreciate it too.
Will leave the rest up to you

Natz~

Full of Hugs and Fire~
I dunno how exactly it works but I like the ****poster idea, and I'm 18 btw. If you can give me a skirt or something, I'd appreciate it too.
Will leave the rest up to you
can't sadly, rimworld is limited on apparel and customization :V

still funny and story stuff happens

but on it

AmericanDJ

Marquess Ostia | Other Trap Butler ★
NNID
Derek123
3DS FC
1650-1984-4165
Switch FC
SW-7880-5897-7871
ITT Post Tempest Trial Squads:
Most of the time I use a team of Elise, Arvis, Camus, and B!Ike with a bonus unit used in place of one of those four (In this case, Nino instead of B!Ike)

redfeatherraven

Walk the Earth
Premium
BRoomer
NNID
RedTheMastermind
3DS FC
0576-4747-0597
Switch FC
SW-4098-7445-3995

I imagine Judd was the scientist's genetically engineered pet and Tartar was his contingency plan.
Tartar's appearance in the final fight does suggest to me that he might be at least partly biological in nature, which also seems to fit the scientist's general skillset and modus operandi.

Granted, it's the first sign of it and there's no real way to verify, but maybe it was just the insides of the phone coming out. After all, other than its back panel, the interior was pretty black boxed to us.

Obviously still doesn't link Judd and Tartar directly, but hey, skills cross over perhaps?
Or. . .part of it, rather. I've had suspicions since long before the expansion that Judd's owner deliberately seeded the planet to evolve sapient races ASAP.
Could see that.

Would explain why Tartar's impatient and willing to start from scratch - under other circumstances it'd be reasonable to assume hundreds of thousands of years to evolve sentient life, not just over 10k total. But if the scientist gave things a solid enough headstart - or if Tartar thinks they did, at least - expecting evolution to hurry up and be done with it suddenly sounds...well, can't really use the word reasonable, but something very slightly more like it.

Tartar's just a *BLEEP*.
Ain't he though.

I got a few of my own descriptors but we're gonna need a bigger bleep.

You just MatPatted.
Look man.

I've seen the crap I've churned out the last couple weeks for the writing challenge.

By comparison this is tame.

Last edited:

Moydow

The fairest of them all
BRoomer
Karla, regular Ninian, Linus, and Lucius. Full FE7-themed squad. :p Can auto-battle Lunatic lv. 35 quite reliably (having two bonus units helps a ton), which is good enough for me. ...Though I was away for most of last week and didn't have much time to play, so I'm still on only about 18,000 points. :/

D

Deleted member

Never tried it :V

I just pick Lv. 25-35 and let the game in Auto-Battle lol.
Interesting. I always do Level 40+ Lunatic ( I am too afraid of Inferno ).

I never do auto-battle.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
The usual suspects.

2018621_03827515.jpg

I'm only at about 12,000 points, because I leave the grind until the last day. I just do my two dailies each day until then.

I'm not sure I'll even do that though. I'm getting a bit burned out on the game again. I may take another hiatus from it soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom