• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 6.0 - L'Arachel Edition, Apparently?

Best Galar Starter?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Yellowlord

ゆゆネーター
Tis a shame that there are bad people out there that decide to take their anger out on the creator by showing completely inappropriate content...

And honestly, as much as I want Waluigi to get in, I’m not toxic about it. These people fail to understand that what they are doing is a mistake.

Chrono.

So I was just thinking, it's kinda weird how accepting people are of clones now that they have a name and are being treated as a feature. Now you got people requesting for clones everywhere lol.

Remember in Smash 4 when people flipped their lid over Dark Pit?

FWIW, I really wanted both Lucina and Dark Pit to get the Roy/Falco treatment this time around. So I'm slightly disappointed they'll remain the same, cause they could be more. But I don't mind the idea of EFs overall.

D

Deleted member

Guess it was good timing that I decided to do more recording testing just now.

View attachment 149103
Adding you, nerd :p

Also...

>"don't have any online games"
>Pokken DX, Mario Kart 8, Fortnite

Is this the wrong account? :confused:

I really need to mess with the Switch settings more huh

Also, Chiko's screenshot is better because who the **** uses the white theme
So I was just thinking, it's kinda weird how accepting people are of clones now that they have a name and are being treated as a feature. Now you got people requesting for clones everywhere lol.

FWIW, I really wanted both Lucina and Dark Pit to get the Roy/Falco treatment this time around. So I'm slightly disappointed they'll remain the same, cause they could be more. But I don't mind the idea of EFs overall.
I was okay ever after Smash 4's release.
I just wish Dark Pit had gotten a moveset revamp, Lucina works the way she is, but at least change his Neutral B to his staff is this too much to ask?

Also, the idea of getting Dark Samus and having Metroid go from one(no, Zero Skill Spamus doesn't count) character to three would be really hype for me.
I find it hard for us to see 3rd Party Echoes though, I mean, Ken and Shadow just write themelves but I wonder if Capcom or Sega would be okay with it.

The Stoopid Unikorn

Spiciest of Guacamoles
Switch FC
SW-4202-4979-0504
Probably a minority opinion here, but I'd rather see a Wario & Waluigi RPG before having the latter in Smash.

I think there is a lot more potential for such a game than there is in Smash to do the character justice.
Never thought of it, but now that I'm reading it, that sounds like a great game.

Admittedly, what is happening to Sakurai on Twitter because of these toxic people makes me question humanity somewhat...
Not me.

I already knew our kind was a mistake :V

Yellowlord

ゆゆネーター
Not me.

I already knew our kind was a mistake :V
If anything, us being granted so much intelligence and knowledge may of been a double edged sword: while a ton of good people are using it to help others and do wonderful things, there are also people who use it to harm others and just do horrible things.

It’s a cycle that I wish would end to the point of everyone being good people...

D

Deleted member

Alright. My FC is SW-0673-8404-9219. Keep in mind that I'm rarely online and i dont have any online games at the moment.
I will add you soon.
This is ironic as hell as it's pretty damn childish to ask for that.
Hooh boy!
You can't ask for people to respect you and treat you like an adult and then go "Be very nice to me".
You need to get in people's shoes more. If everyone treated you like a child, you would be begging for respect.
Part of why people are so pessimistic about you is because it keeps happening and people just lose faith in you actually improving because you don't really show signs of improvement other than no longer being addicted to giving likes afaik
I know more about myself than you could. You are just some online user, I am myself.

I have slightly improved, and good users seemed to catch that.
Yes, I know I have caused chaos and stuff, but when I was back from my hiatus, everyone was like "Oh no, Shiny is going to be trash afterwards.".
Some nice users welcomed me at least.

For example, Yellowlord Yellowlord did it just perfect. Instead of being "Oh, Shiny... you did not improve and you need help now!", Yellowlord was kind to me, actually gave good advice instead of "HELP", and was never harsh to me at all. Just calm and friendly reminders.

D

Deleted member

I just watched the worst trailer in my life and I really, REALLY want to make all of you watch it too because I can't live with this burden all by myself but I'm gonna get a warning if I do it so here it is locked away in a spoiler tag with various warnings.
Warnings: adult language and NSFW(though no nudity)

Last edited by a moderator:

The Stoopid Unikorn

Spiciest of Guacamoles
Switch FC
SW-4202-4979-0504
If anything, us being granted so much intelligence and knowledge may of been a double edged sword: while a ton of good people are using it to help others and do wonderful things, there are also people who use it to harm others and just do horrible things.

It’s a cycle that I wish would end to the point of everyone being good people...
It sadly won't.

For as long as we have conscience and free will, there will be people using their abilities to cause harm.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Personally didn't mind Waluigi getting in Smash before. Didn't really support him, but didn't really was an anti-WAA either.

But with how Waluigi fans are reacting to him being an Assist Trophy again, I'd rather have him never be in Smash just to spite those fans.

Sorry for those who are still nice and not being ******** about WAA not being in Smash. It's not your fault, it's the fault of those who are toxic about it.
I'm just saying, there's a good amount of irony here considering you support K. Rool in your signature. I mean, as long as we're talking about toxic fan bases, they were no stranger to death threats during ballot season.

To say nothing of the Ridley debacle.

Yellowlord

ゆゆネーター
It sadly won't.
For as long as we have conscience and free will, there will be people using their abilities to cause harm.

That is the honest truth, sadly: I wish there was a change to that, but I already know that's not possible. All we can really do is just fight off the bad people and protect those who are innocent.

You guys will always be a wonderful example of good people on here, and don't ever doubt that fact.

Last edited:

The Stoopid Unikorn

Spiciest of Guacamoles
Switch FC
SW-4202-4979-0504
I'm just saying, there's a good amount of irony here considering you support K. Rool in your signature.
I was wondering how long it'll take for someone to notice :laugh:

But seriously, I don't think I've seen K. Rool fans compare not getting their character to freaking 9/11!

Yes, it's very toxic and vocal, but it doesn't reach that level of nonsense. Or at least, if it did, I haven't seen it and I'd rather keep it that way.

D

Deleted member

You can't be in toxic fanbases if all the characters you support have no fanbase at all.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
I was wondering how long it'll take for someone to notice :laugh:

But seriously, I don't think I've seen K. Rool fans compare not getting their character to freaking 9/11!

Yes, it's very toxic and vocal, but it doesn't reach that level of nonsense. Or at least, if it did, I haven't seen it and I'd rather keep it that way.
I've seen Bayonetta and Corrin being in over K. Rool being compared to the Holocaust.

Just to put things into perspective.

D

Deleted member

I'm starting to think I might be a hypocrite for being so opposed to Mimikyu because of one guy while supporting K. Rool and Waluigi.

AreJay25

May or May Not Be Pac-Man
The most aggressive reaction I've seen for other AT's is a Bomberman fan calling Sakurai a coward.

I don't know what the **** happened to make this Waluigi debacle like a million times worse.

Natz~

Full of Hugs and Fire~
That is the honest truth, sadly: I wish there was a change to that, but I already know that's not possible. All we can really do is just fight off the bad people and protect those who are innocent.

You guys will always be a wonderful example of good people on here, and don't ever doubt that fact.
appreciate the sentiment, but i wouldn't really call myself a born good person lol ^-^'

it took young katt quite awhile to grow from a terrible person to who i am now :V

so....i would say that thats kinda both side of the coin? ya theres terrible people and theres good people, but change does happen :V bad people can become good and good can become bad, cause thats how growing and experiences do

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
Can't be shocked that humanity is garbage when you already acknowledge that fact and see evidence of it every day.

God both should have gotten reworks but I'm just glad they're even back as their own thing.
As they both are I feel they don't do a good enough job of representing their characters well enough. Lucina is far more than Marth but without a tipper and Dark Pit is more than Pit but in a goth phase.

Dark Pit has a far more aggressive and reckless side to him that just isn't shown beyond stuff he says. Make the Side Special a Berserker Barrage attack with Pandora claws & his down air his foot dive and you already go a long way to actually having Dark Pit.

Lucina... just does not fight like Marth at all. She needs something a bit more reckless because she's said to break training dummies and walls whilst training just like Chrom does. That and she has a variety of skills at her disposal (replace Shield Breaker with Aether for example, it wouldn't change too much from the base concept of a charged lunge/thrust) along with being proficient in the use of lances.

The idea is great as it lets characters get in that otherwise wouldn't but I'd like to see them become more of their own entity in future games in the series.
But that'd just be a bonus really. That they return at all is more than good enough for me.

Natz~

Full of Hugs and Fire~
The most aggressive reaction I've seen for other AT's is a Bomberman fan calling Sakurai a coward.

I don't know what the **** happened to make this Waluigi debacle like a million times worse.
memes basically

waluigi is more or less the video game version of shrek remember

so the internet can get very passionate over their meme territory, add in just how garbage humans can be for such crap and that often leads to the worst of the worst

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
I feel like even Waluigi would be dissapointed by this, he is a troll for sure, but he has standard.:ultdoc:

ChikoLad

Purple Boi

I can admit that I got a bit stupid over Lucina during the pre-launch phase of Smash Wii U/3DS (I was turned off them revealing a clone before launch for some reason), but I saw sense well before the game came out and have since mellowed out on the subject. At the end of the day, I think it's better to get more characters in as clones or alt costumes if they have a little extra time, than to not get those characters all. And I'm actively hoping for Shadow as an Echo Fighter. Not that I would mind him having a more unique moveset, but if there is gonna be a scarcity of unique newcomers this time around, I'd rather that dev time go to characters that can't feasibly work as Echo Fighters and would need to be unique fighters. I think most Sonic fans would be happy with Shadow being an Echo Fighter too, so everybody wins really.

I still take issue with Dark Pit though. Not even because he could work as a unique fighter, but as a clone, I don't get what they were going for with him. Every other clone in Smash history has some sort of distinct difference from the source character that at least makes it so that they have a bit of a different playstyle despite the similar animations. Dr. Mario is a slower and stronger Mario. Melee Falco was Fox with an inferior ground game but a superior air game. Lucina is tipperless Marth. Pichu is Pikachu with a self-damage gimmick.

Dark Pit doesn't have a distinct theme though. They just haphazardly changed the properties and damage outputs of some of his moves, and most changes are barely noticeable. If you can play Pit, you can play Dark Pit, there's very little adjustment required. This is in contrast to Lucina, for example, where Lucina players can't always play Marth well because they can't master the tipper mechanic.

Even MUs for Pit/Dark Pit are basically the same. Off the top of my head, the only MU where Dark Pit has a notable advantage over Pit is the Rosalina MU. His side B launches sideways instead of upward so it gives him an extra option for dealing with Luma, but even so it's not a huge difference in practice because it's still a slow enough move and it's not enough to suddenly make it an advantageous MU for him.

D

Deleted member

For all the haters who are trying to bring me down, I will not fall!

I will not let haters ruin my lives, and I will stand up to them!

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
I can admit that I got a bit stupid over Lucina during the pre-launch phase of Smash Wii U/3DS (I was turned off them revealing a clone before launch for some reason), but I saw sense well before the game came out and have since mellowed out on the subject. At the end of the day, I think it's better to get more characters in as clones or alt costumes if they have a little extra time, than to not get those characters all. And I'm actively hoping for Shadow as an Echo Fighter. Not that I would mind him having a more unique moveset, but if there is gonna be a scarcity of unique newcomers this time around, I'd rather that dev time go to characters that can't feasibly work as Echo Fighters and would need to be unique fighters. I think most Sonic fans would be happy with Shadow being an Echo Fighter too, so everybody wins really.

I still take issue with Dark Pit though. Not even because he could work as a unique fighter, but as a clone, I don't get what they were going for with him. Every other clone in Smash history has some sort of distinct difference from the source character that at least makes it so that they have a bit of a different playstyle despite the similar animations. Dr. Mario is a slower and stronger Mario. Melee Falco was Fox with an inferior ground game but a superior air game. Lucina is tipperless Marth. Pichu is Pikachu with a self-damage gimmick.

Dark Pit doesn't have a distinct theme though. They just haphazardly changed the properties and damage outputs of some of his moves, and most changes are barely noticeable. If you can play Pit, you can play Dark Pit, there's very little adjustment required. This is in contrast to Lucina, for example, where Lucina players can't always play Marth well because they can't master the tipper mechanic.

Even MUs for Pit/Dark Pit are basically the same. Off the top of my head, the only MU where Dark Pit has a notable advantage over Pit is the Rosalina MU. His side B launches sideways instead of upward so it gives him an extra option for dealing with Luma, but even so it's not a huge difference in practice because it's still a slow enough move and it's not enough to suddenly make it an advantageous MU for him.
I mean

dark Pit is litersly just Pits mirror self.. But Dark. makes sense to me why they are that same exactly

Last edited:

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
I mean

dark Pit is litersly just Pits mirror self.. But Dark
Dr. Mario is literally Mario but wearing a different outfit. Pichu is literally Pikachu but smaller.

But they still found ways to give them distinct differences that change how you play them. There's no excuse for Dark Pit to not have a more aggressive playstyle or something.

D

Deleted member

Dark Pit always felt stronger and heavier to me than Pit but maybe I was just hallucinating.

The Stoopid Unikorn

Spiciest of Guacamoles
Switch FC
SW-4202-4979-0504
Also, come to think of it, my sig is a combination of both what I wish and what I expect. No need to remove K. Rool, I guess :p

While K. Rool has a very toxic fanbase, the fact that Sakurai explicitly mentionned Western demands as a reason for playable Ridley does make K. Rool more likely than ever, especially since Sakurai acknowledged the character through a Mii outfit in Smash 4's DLC.

Like it or not, K. Rool is more likely to happen than ever despite being more irrelevant than ever.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Dark Pit always felt stronger and heavier to me than Pit but maybe I was just hallucinating.
Pit and Dark Pit are the same thing pratically.
Dark Pit has a stronger side-b than Pit.

Not only that, but Dark Pit's arrow is stronger but slower.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom