• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 6.0 - L'Arachel Edition, Apparently?

Best Galar Starter?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Dark Pit always felt stronger and heavier to me than Pit but maybe I was just hallucinating.
Some of his moves do slightly more damage and his sweetspots have some negligible differences IIRC but his frame data is the same and so is his movement properties. He's not any more or less aggressive than Pit, nor is he any slower or faster.

His arrows are stronger than Pit's but don't steer as well. And his side B launches sideways instead of upward. These are the only two moves that you have to use even slightly differently. Everything else is just negligible damage differences.

redfeatherraven

Walk the Earth
Premium
BRoomer
NNID
RedTheMastermind
3DS FC
0576-4747-0597
Switch FC
SW-4098-7445-3995
Y'all forget that Dark Pit has the most important advantage on Pit that any clone could claim.

The better theme.

To this day I have no idea what the music is for the Baron's mission in Starbound because I refused to play anything but this during the sequence.

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
Since we are speaking about Dark Pit, I do hope they gave him some new gameplay attributes, the few he have (his side-tilt, his side-b, his slow arrow & his final smash) are nice. But I wouldn't be against a Dark Pit that is like much faster, but deal less damages for his normal attacks, forcing the player to be more reliant on combo and edgeguarding to win. His arrow & Side-B would be stronger to compensate, and his Smash would be somewhat the same all around.

Plus, Dark Pit have the better taunt & victory poses of the two Pit, I mean, come on, let's be frank here.

D

Deleted member

Meanwhile in a planet thirteen and something billion light years away...

"You know, it would not be so bad to go to Earth to make trade relations with them..."

"Vandrox! Vandrox! I have news!"

"What is this news you are bringing me today?"

"Waluigi Fans are sending Sakurai death threats and comparing Waluigi not being in Ultimate to the Al-Queda Twin Tower Attacks on September 11th, 2001 in Earth times!"

"You know what, forget making trade relations with them. Until those dirty earthlings improve by themselves, they have to wait for me to open trade with them and for them to find out the fact that aliens do exist."

AlphaSSB

Bring Back Star Fox
3DS FC
0018-1370-8449
Switch FC
0691-1639-9303
Honestly, I wouldn't mind the clone characters as much if they weren't clones. Each one of them is capable of so much more.

It'd be nice for them to receive a few new moves or tweaked stat values to differentiate them from their originals. Give them more character. However, with Dark Pit, Lucina, and Daisy all being marked as 'Echo' clones, whereas Dr. Mario and Pichu aren't, it looks like the former three will remain one-to-one clones.

At least Dr. Mario and Pichu seem to be different enough to not be labeled, but time will tell on how minor the differences are.

Yellowlord

ゆゆネーター
katts the best cause she blushes? :V

yaaaaaa ....-3- thanks it means a lot ^-^'

eh wouldn't call it top tier tbh :V definitely high tier though
Katt's the best because Katt is a great person! ^-^

Of course! :)

Yeah: I'd at least say its high tier either way.
Season2when

D

Deleted member

Y'all forget that Dark Pit has the most important advantage on Pit that any clone could claim.

The better theme.

To this day I have no idea what the music is for the Baron's mission in Starbound because I refused to play anything but this during the sequence.
You are correct on that. :ultdarkpit:

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988

The better theme.

It’s his only positive.

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
You know, the more I wonder about the toggle hazard option, the more I wonder about how certain stages are going to play like when toggled off.

Like, Brinstar without the acid or the fragile alien thingy you can destroy could be a actual legal stage now that I think about it. Or at the very least, a counterpick one.

Then they are stages like this one,:mky:, who I really wonder how you can toggle off a moving stages hatard. Norfair stage layout too might be too weird for it to be legal, but without any hazard, it could make a fun stage for air fighters.:ultjigglypuff:

Yellowlord

ゆゆネーター
Well guys... my laptop suddenly turned off and won’t turn on no matter what I do.

This day just gets better and better doesn’t it...

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
You know, the more I wonder about the toggle hazard option, the more I wonder about how certain stages are going to play like when toggled off.

Like, Brinstar without the acid or the fragile alien thingy you can destroy could be a actual legal stage now that I think about it. Or at the very least, a counterpick one.

Then they are stages like this one,:mky:, who I really wonder how you can toggle off a moving stages hatard. Norfair stage layout too might be too weird for it to be legal, but without any hazard, it could make a fun stage for air fighters.:ultjigglypuff:
Maybe moving stages won’t move?

The Stoopid Unikorn

Spiciest of Guacamoles
Switch FC
SW-4202-4979-0504

It could just... do nothing on moving stages?

After all, what the heck would a hazard toggle do on a stage like FD or Battlefield? That alone shows hazard toggles won't be on every stage.

Last edited:

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
Question about Octo Expansion
I'm now at the part where I'm climbing up to the surface. Do have to do the whole thing one sitting or can I take a break at any time?

And Cuttlefish, Pearl, and Marina are giving me a Metal Gear Solid vibe every time I lose a life :ultsnake:

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
Maybe moving stages won’t move?
It could just... do nothing on moving stages?

After all, what the heck would a hazard toggle do on a stage like FD or Battlefield?
That be kind of weird honestly.
Like, let say this one return :rumblefalls:, are we going to fight only at the very start of the level?

I mean,

The stage like that could work, but I think they would remove and/or tweak some platforms to make it more smooth to play on.

Mushroomy Kingdom on the ground could have this part of the stage only.

But the underground one...(if it return)

Yick, it would need a serious rework when toggled off.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
Question about Octo Expansion
I'm now at the part where I'm climbing up to the surface. Do have to do the whole thing one sitting or can I take a break at any time?

And Cuttlefish, Pearl, and Marina are giving me a Metal Gear Solid vibe every time I lose a life :ultsnake:
one sitting but you can also skip those too

D

Deleted member

It depends on what are considered "Stage Hazards". Are they only parts that do damage? Stuff that moves? Sakurai did refer to the platforms in Wily's Castle as stage hazards so would those be turned off alongside the Yellow Devil and just really become a FD?

D

Deleted member

Since we are speaking about Dark Pit, I do hope they gave him some new gameplay attributes, the few he have (his side-tilt, his side-b, his slow arrow & his final smash) are nice. But I wouldn't be against a Dark Pit that is like much faster, but deal less damages for his normal attacks, forcing the player to be more reliant on combo and edgeguarding to win. His arrow & Side-B would be stronger to compensate, and his Smash would be somewhat the same all around.

Plus, Dark Pit have the better taunt & victory poses of the two Pit, I mean, come on, let's be frank here.
Fun fact from the direct: his side-b now launches you at the exact same angle as Pit's this game, making them even more of the the same character now.

Natz~

Full of Hugs and Fire~
Well guys... my laptop suddenly turned off and won’t turn on no matter what I do.

This day just gets better and better doesn’t it...
maybe the battery needs extra juice? sometimes they justneed a lotmore battery power so just leave it on a charger for a good 10-15 minutes

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
It depends on what are considered "Stage Hazards". Are they only parts that do damage? Stuff that moves? Sakurai did refer to the platforms in Wily's Castle as stage hazards so would those be turned off alongside the Yellow Devil and just really become a FD?
:frigate: doesn't have the reverse stage gimmick when toggled off, meaning you only fight on the base version of the stage, but the platform on the right still move.

So, it really depend I guess.
Fun fact from the direct: his side-b now launches you at the exact same angle as Pit's this game, making them even more of the the same character now.
Really?
Weird then, I looked at Pit and Dark Pit trailer to see if you were right,and their side-b have the same knockback as before. (up for Pit, & horizontal/diagonal for Dark Pit)

Last edited:

Yellowlord

ゆゆネーター
maybe the battery needs extra juice? sometimes they justneed a lotmore battery power so just leave it on a charger for a good 10-15 minutes
The problem is that I left it on for almost a day with the charger in because I wanted to record stuff. I ended up passing out at like 5 AM and my computer didn’t turn off because my recording software forces it to stay on, and a few hours later, that’s when it actually shut off.

I’m just so lost right now...

EDIT: Well, I feel really silly: it turns out that my main battery source was just unplugged and wasn't providing power to my laptop: plugging it back in fixed the problem. Still, that was quite scary...

Last edited:

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
Could have sworn it was different this time around, I'll have to look again.
Maybe Pit hit the opponent while said opponent was attacked by something else at the same time? Getting hit by two different attack can launch you into different way I think.

Last edited:

Natz~

Full of Hugs and Fire~
The problem is that I left it on for almost a day with the charger in because I wanted to record stuff. I ended up passing out at like 5 AM and my computer didn’t turn off because my recording software forces it to stay on, and a few hours later, that’s when it actually shut off.

I’m just so lost right now...
ok then, can you remove its battery? it might be stuck in a form of hibernation or something, or having a problem with rebooting

forcing it to fully close and starting it back up could give it a kick to turn on, like juicing a car

it could also still be a charging issue of needing more battery as well

Yellowlord

ゆゆネーター
ok then, can you remove its battery? it might be stuck in a form of hibernation or something, or having a problem with rebooting

forcing it to fully close and starting it back up could give it a kick to turn on, like juicing a car

it could also still be a charging issue of needing more battery as well
Sorry about all that: see the above edit to my quote. >_<

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
For FEH players, the summer banner art has been leaked and we can see the new units. Spoilering the art of the new units:
The banner

Innes (Oh god he's hot)

Noire

CORDELIA :love:

And Tana :love::love::love:

... I think I might need to pull.
I already pulled out my...

Stash of orbs from the Tempest Trials

Sorry Bridedelia, now Beachdelia is a bigger priority.

The Black Hole update also have two images that, well.

I think we might have an idea as to what FD is going to look like.
I wanna toss some Peach Turnips on that hole for the good ol Melee times.

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
"Hello welcome to Burger King, what can I get you?"

"Hello, I would like a--"

*proceeds to blast Metallica over the speaker*

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Dissidia NT is a polished, functional game perfect for competitive play.

It baffles me that it didn't sell.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom