• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 6.0 - L'Arachel Edition, Apparently?

Best Galar Starter?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Natz~

Full of Hugs and Fire~
True Americans buy Codename S.T.E.A.M.

I'm Irish, yet more American than most Americans because I play Codename S.T.E.A.M.

Y'all need to step up your game. Make President Lincoln proud.
what if were Canadian who lives in the states? :V

Ivander

Smash Legend
Honestly I hope that isn't the case considering the fact that the avatar, Byleth, has a student-mentor relationship with many of the characters, and that edges too close to Fates and its I Can't Believe It's Not Incest™ issue.
Let your faith in Japan diminish as the Teacher/Student relationship is very very popular in Japan. There's a reason Mash from Grand Order is incredibly popular.

Basically, despite the fact that you and her are more of a "Partners to the End" like relationship:
-She refers to you as Senpai non-stop and others have referred to her as your Kouhai or Junior. there's also the fact that the F/GO fanbase also nicknames her "Your Precious Kouhai".
-You are in a Master/Servant deal with her due to the fact that you are technically her Master as your Servant is inside her giving her their powers for her to use to protect you.
-Because she has never been outside to the world, you are basically her Mentor when it comes to helping her witness the world.

Anyway I said, the whole Senpai/Kouhai relationship is very very popular in Japan and Mash is a huge example of it, even if she is a very good character in her own right and despite her relationship with your Avatar character being more of a "Partners to the End" deal, the interaction between the two of you is also well done. So do not be surprised if this "Teacher" deal with the one character in the new Fire Emblem develops into something more.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

This whole Mentor/Student relationship discussion reminds me of yesterday when I was watching the new MHA episode with my brother and he straight up asked if All Might had a crush on Nana.

The takeaway from this is: pls IS don't let me **** mentor figures in your new game.

Ivander

Smash Legend
This whole Mentor/Student relationship discussion reminds me of yesterday when I was watching the new MHA episode with my brother and he straight up asked if All Might had a crush on Nana.

The takeaway from this is: pls IS don't let me **** mentor figures in your new game.
Roy says hi.

Even if it's not in the new Fire Emblem, it will be around when Binding Blade gets a remake.

Last edited:

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208

On one hand I hope they don't.

On the other hand they've also done it before, with one of Roy's marriage options being Cecilia. But yeah pretty much everyone likes to pretend that ending doesn't exist.

Edit: Ninja'd in the worst possible way.

Last edited:

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
The news about gaming addiction being an officially recognised disorder now keeps popping up on my various social media feeds and my mother was even trying to bring it up and uuuugh I'm dreading the next few days.

Pokechu

chugga chugga
NNID
Pokechu
3DS FC
5000-1894-6879
Switch FC
SW-7547-3301-4325
unpopular opinion: marriage was one of the best things to happen to fire emblem

not because the supports are done well (because they're not) or because the children themselves are handled well (let's shove our baby in a different dimension, wait a week, and have it be grown!), but because it actually served as something to do and work for after completing the story. it almost acted as a post-game, getting all of the kids and unlocking their supports and skills. was kinda fun too imo.

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
True Americans buy Codename S.T.E.A.M.

I'm Irish, yet more American than most Americans because I play Codename S.T.E.A.M.

Y'all need to step up your game. Make President Lincoln proud.
Sorry, if they couldn't patch battle speed up into the demo I can't spend $40. :v

I gave it a fair swing but I was about dying inside waiting for turns to go through each time and it killed my ability to tell if I enjoyed the rest of it.

At least I don't really give two hoots about being seen as a real 'murican. :v

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
unpopular opinion: marriage was one of the best things to happen to fire emblem

not because the supports are done well (because they're not) or because the children themselves are handled well (let's shove our baby in a different dimension, wait a week, and have it be grown!), but because it actually served as something to do and work for after completing the story. it almost acted as a post-game, getting all of the kids and unlocking their supports and skills. was kinda fun too imo.
I liked it in Awakening cause the child units were OP but the children in Fates suck butts.

Dr. Jojo Phantasma

The Chessmaster
I liked it in Awakening cause the child units were OP but the children in Fates suck butts.
I agree, I don't even remember most of the children from Fates as I didn't give a **** the second time around. I hope Three Houses doesn't bring them back again, or at least no Hyberbolic Time Chamber alternate dimension crap.

Pokechu

chugga chugga
NNID
Pokechu
3DS FC
5000-1894-6879
Switch FC
SW-7547-3301-4325
i will defend my daughter selkie until my dying breath

girl is as smart as a rock but she cute as a button :laugh:

no child unit will ever top nah

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
I heard Miyamoto speak with an Australian accent. Life feels so much more fulfilling.

Last edited:

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
I remembered when before Ultimate was fully revealed that Nintendo already announced when they'd take Smash to events. Might be straw grasping but I could see some new content revealed at/around those events.

First is Jisedai World Hobby Fair ‘18 Summer on June 23 & 24 (probably nothing due to how close it is to E3) and finally Jump Victory Carnival 2018 Tokyo & Osaka on July 16 & July 22 (there has to be something new by then).

Fire Emblemier

The Crests are to Blame
Switch FC
SW-2862-0450-4332
Honestly, the only child unit I really liked was Lucina and she's mandatory. Though you could make a case for Morgan.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Sorry, if they couldn't patch battle speed up into the demo I can't spend $40. :v

I gave it a fair swing but I was about dying inside waiting for turns to go through each time and it killed my ability to tell if I enjoyed the rest of it.

At least I don't really give two hoots about being seen as a real 'murican. :v
So you expected a patch for a free demo.

IMG_20180515_203324.jpg

Ivander

Smash Legend

On the other hand they've also done it before, with one of Roy's marriage options being Cecilia. But yeah pretty much everyone likes to pretend that ending doesn't exist.

Shall I give you relief from Japan's questionable taste by showing Caeda in Joshua's outfit?

D

Deleted member

Roy says hi.

Even if it's not in the new Fire Emblem, it will be around when Binding Blade gets a remake.

Wait what what what WHAT
I DIDN'T ****ING KNOW HE COULD MARRY CECILIA WHAT THE ****
SHE'S LIKE 30 AND HE'S 14 THIS IS ****ED UP

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
I agree, I don't even remember most of the children from Fates as I didn't give a **** the second time around. I hope Three Houses doesn't bring them back again, or at least no Hyberbolic Time Chamber alternate dimension crap.
i will defend my daughter selkie until my dying breath

girl is as smart as a rock but she cute as a button :laugh:

no child unit will ever top nah
I married Azura everytime cause Shigure is the only child that matters.

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
All right I don't know if this has been posted yet but here's something to kill time with for about... an hour or so I dunno how long these go.

Take your pick.
1529374962882.png

Ivander

Smash Legend
Wait what what what WHAT
15 to be exact, not that it matters. That being said, if you want a bit of relief, their ending did state, "They 'eventually' married." So if you need a headcanon for that, just think Roy and Cecilia waited a few years before marrying.

Last edited:

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
15 to be exact, not that it matters. That being said, if you want a bit of relief, their ending did state, "They 'eventually' married." So if you need a headcanon for that, just think Roy and Cecilia waited a few years before marrying.
Still doesn't change the fact that she had the hots for him as a kid.
That's still there, hanging over the head canon. Can't replace it nope.

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
Wait what what what WHAT
Gronncougar+

I know cougar stuff starts at 40 but just let me do this joke

Hat N' Clogs

John Tavares is a Leaf
3DS FC
1650-2469-6836
Switch FC
SW-3519-9567-9870
All right I don't know if this has been posted yet but here's something to kill time with for about... an hour or so I dunno how long these go.
Alright...
here are my 5 as of late. This may have changed a little from my top 5 from yesterday because there are so many characters I'm excited to play and my opinions/depth chart won't solidify until I buy the game, but...here are my top 5 for now:

:ultmario::ultpichu::ultness::ultwolf::ultbayonetta:(as long as her ladder combos get nerfed by release. If not, then :ultsonic:).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom