• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 6.0 - L'Arachel Edition, Apparently?

Best Galar Starter?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

vaanrose

Let's Mosey
NNID
vaanrose
3DS FC
1762-2697-1591
Switch FC
SW-4679-3965-5961
A better one is?
I know, for a fact, the ESRB had zero issues with any of the more risque trophies they were sent. The game would have had the same rating whether Tharja was there or not. Anything beyond that is just speculation.

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
I know, for a fact, the ESRB had zero issues with any of the more risque trophies they were sent. The game would have had the same rating whether Tharja was there or not. Anything beyond that is just speculation.
Sakurai did me dirty by not having the Tharja trophy in the game,

D

Deleted member

That might explain why the dude from General Hospital isn't voicing Cloud. but that's no excuse for not having an English Cloud in general.
Wait, the ENG voice of Cloud is on General Hospital?

EDIT: He's Jason?

Huh. That's interesting trivia that my mother won't really care about. But still. :p

Last edited by a moderator:

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
Yes but not everyone is the ESRB. Could have been Nintendo just wanting to avoid people questioning the ESRB rating or more likely imo, it had to do with the Japanese ratings board. Wonder Pink's trophy and Pauletan's outfit had to be slightly modified for the Japanese versions.

Like you said, just speculation but Tharja being too lewd doesn't necessary mean it was the ESRB who had or would have had a problem.

vaanrose

Let's Mosey
NNID
vaanrose
3DS FC
1762-2697-1591
Switch FC
SW-4679-3965-5961
Wait. Is there confirmation of Cloud still has his only his Japanese voice actor?
People are drawing conclusions based on the E3 voices. I seem to remember Fox having his JP voice in the Wii U E3 demo only to have his English one in the final build, tho, so it doesn't mean much just yet.

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
Side note, just as a rule of thumb:
Absence of notation =/= notation of absence.

Just because they didn't show it, that doesn't mean there's a significance.

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
You lost me
So take Dark Samus for example.
Because we've not seen a palette of them for Samus, people are speculating that they may be an Echo Fighter. Which... no the absence does not mean anything.

It just means Samus doesn't have the palette of Dark Samus. Not having the palette swap doesn't imply evidence of something more significant.

Last edited:

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
Because we've not seen a palette of them for Samus, people are speculating that they may be an Echo Fighter. Which... no the absence does not mean anything.

It just means Samus doesn't have the palette of Dark Samus. Not having the palette swap doesn't imply evidence of something more significant.
Now hold on, just because we haven't seen it doesn't mean she doesn't have it.

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988

Ok that makes sense now.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble

I actually saw a good point about that, because you can kill ATs, they probably did that so you couldn't mix up Samus and Dark Samus

D

Deleted member

Wonder Red was nowhere in the demo so that clearly means he's playable! :kappa:
Actually, Aizawa being the traitor, would have an impact. He's the one who is actually knocking and tearing Deku down for his reckless streak. So him being the traitor would be effective from a story stand point. Plus he likes being outside of the center of attention.

Also, I'mm still not sure it is one of the 1A kids, you may see it has a cop out, but later down the line, it could just be a red herring, cause its possible when its revealed, it was a red herring all a long.
Aizawa can't be the traitor because we've not only seen him risk his life against the LoV but we know very well his resolve as a Hero. It would be contradictory to his whole character up until now.
And a Red Herring has to be brought attention to, no one has exactly been painted in a suspicious light so they can't be a Red Herring, the whole thing is currently developing in the background because the students have yet to consider the possibility of a traitor, they'd need am arc dedicated to breaking the Red Herring apart as otherwise it'll just feel like an asspull.

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
I didn't see Robin's Final Smash; we getting Chrom, fite me >:V

Last edited:

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
Also, side note. Since every level is being ported to Ultimate it seems. Can we just all agree to use this level for labbing: https://www.ssbwiki.com/Living_Room

Imagine, for a second.
You do your labbing, when suddenly
A good boy is there
Being the best, giving support.

vaanrose

Let's Mosey
NNID
vaanrose
3DS FC
1762-2697-1591
Switch FC
SW-4679-3965-5961

Not on it's own, no. But it's a theory based on multiple facets with a good amount of overlapping circumstantial details that stop and make you think. You know how much I dislike Shadow? So much. He's one of a handful of characters I'd actively argue against. But I, for one, think it's worth noting when the three ATs most easily cloned are all MIA, and one of them had their reference palette replaced on top of that.

Yeah.

After all, we didn't see Meta Ridley in the E3 demo either.
Take this, for example. I was using this as a clue that there were more skins left unrevealed, too. But, in fact, now I'm not so sure. Ridley's slot 8 color is a Meta Ridley color that could easily be placeholder for this alt.

Samus's Dark Samus palette is not a placeholder color, it's just a different color altogether.

It would hardly be the first time Sakurai removed a good color, tho. Mario's Fire alt is MIA, too, which is bonkers to me.

Fire Emblemier

The Crests are to Blame
Switch FC
SW-2862-0450-4332
I'm going to be the devil's advocate and say that at least these missing stuff and people mentioning it brings more discussion and speculation to the table. We got 6 months until the game comes out, so having these theories to me at least is fun.

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
Not on it's own, no. But it's a theory based on multiple facets with a good amount of overlapping circumstantial details that stop and make you think. You know how much I dislike Shadow? So much. He's one of a handful of characters I'd actively argue against. But I, for one, think it's worth noting when the three ATs most easily cloned are all MIA, and one of them had their reference palette replaced on top of that.
Potentially.
He's potentially Missing in Action.

Yeah sure we didn't see him in the demo, but a lot of things are missing from that demo. Half the roster, stages, other modes if they're in there. They've made it very clear it's not representative of the final game we'll see in December. Now that's not to say he can't be a fighter, but at the same time he could also be an Assist Trophy, or just a Trophy, or maybe not in the game at all. I can't confirm anything just because some elements were not in an E3 demo, it's a crapshoot at that point.

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988

Take this, for example. I was using this as a clue that there were more skins left unrevealed, too. But, in fact, now I'm not so sure. Ridley's slot 8 color is a Meta Ridley color that could easily be placeholder for this alt.

Samus's Dark Samus palette is not a placeholder color, it's just a different color altogether.

It would hardly be the first time Sakurai removed a good color, tho. Mario's Fire alt is MIA, too, which is bonkers to me.
Who are the 3 missing assist trophies?

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
Also, side note, I am going to be building the dog meta in Ultimate. That's right.
Fox/Wolf/Duck Hunt/Lucario (is he a dog? I guess he's a dog) only
Living Room Omega or Battlefield
Only Nintendog

Also if the tabby cat is there grounds for reset depends on the organizer.

vaanrose

Let's Mosey
NNID
vaanrose
3DS FC
1762-2697-1591
Switch FC
SW-4679-3965-5961
Potentially.
He's potentially Missing in Action.

Yeah sure we didn't see him in the demo, but a lot of things are missing from that demo. Half the roster, stages, other modes if they're in there. They've made it very clear it's not representative of the final game we'll see in December. Now that's not to say he can't be a fighter, but at the same time he could also be an Assist Trophy, or just a Trophy, or maybe not in the game at all. I can't confirm anything just because some elements were not in an E3 demo, it's a crapshoot at that point.
They are missing in action until we see them. I'm not saying they're cut. That's something we can't conclude yet.

Who are the 3 missing assist trophies?
There are several still in the wings. But the significant ones in question are Dark Samus, Shadow and Isabelle. All ATs that fall squarely in the middle of the venn diagram of "popular character" and "easily cloned off an existing character."

If it weren't for all three of them missing, I wouldn't think much of it. But none of the other veteran ATs, both that we've seen and that we haven't, have the same cloning potential that these three do.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom