• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 6.0 - L'Arachel Edition, Apparently?

Best Galar Starter?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
*Logs into Smashboards and checks Nintenzone*

*Sees a Takumi avatar, specifically his art from the 4koma book*

Ah, Metal Shop X Metal Shop X , I see you're a man of culture as well!

Nice avatar! It's one of my favorite Takumi arts!
Well thank you my dear! Fancy Nia image that you are using too.

I really like Takumi, I wanted a nice fanart of him as a avi so I took this one.

On that, I'm going to go to bed on a happy note! 'hope you have a great day, and thanks for the Nia image too. :3

The Stoopid Unikorn

Spiciest of Guacamoles
Switch FC
SW-4202-4979-0504
Fully expecting K. Rool in Ultimate at this point.

If I recall, Sakurai himself in the Treehouse stated than demand, especially from Western audiences, is what eventually influenced Ridley as a playable character.

Who else has a fanbase that's about as vocal as Ridley for a character yet to be in Ultimate? The leader of the Kremlins, of course.

Do I want K. Rool in Smash? Well, having played DKC games in my childhood, I'd definitely get nostalgia hype from seeing him, but I've enjoyed playing Smash without him in it before and Ultimate will certainly be no exception, so not having him wouldn't be the end of the world.

Last edited:

Pokechu

chugga chugga
NNID
Pokechu
3DS FC
5000-1894-6879
Switch FC
SW-7547-3301-4325
tbh i think there's a difference between ridley and KKR

ridley's stayed important to his series

KKR has been MIA and showed up once to play baseball w/ Mario. and also has Dixie in his way

if we get KKR I'll be genuinely surprised

MSmariosonic

Smash Hero
NNID
kidtendo1996
3DS FC
3566-1932-7732
Switch FC
SW 0383 4539 4118
K Rool would indeed be hype

There aren't a lot of potential newcomers who could top Ridley and Snake for me

But i'm all for the crocodilian

AlphaSSB

Bring Back Star Fox
3DS FC
0018-1370-8449
Switch FC
0691-1639-9303
King K. Rool wouldn't surprise me. High fan demand for a while now, Nintendo recently got the rights to him back, and he had a Mii Costume as DLC. Combined with the ballot, which I'm sure he did well in, King K. Rool could very well happen.

Only thing I can see getting in his way is Dixie Kong. Of course he could go with both, make King K. Rool the main newcomer, and make Dixie either a newcomer, semi-clone, or a full Diddy Kong clone.

He'd be alright, lots of potential with him, but I wouldn't really care if he didn't make it.

D

Deleted member

I'd be down for King K. Rool getting in, but until Decidueye gets confirmed it's not gonna be one of my priorities.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
So I was watching some reactions to Smash Ultimate and all that, and something hit me. Something that gives me hope that we will have at least a semi-substantial Adventure /Story Mode component in the game.

When Sakurai is talking about how you'll start off with 12 characters and will unlock more fairly regularly, he uses the exact wording of:

"We've streamlined the conditions for unlocking new fighters, and we want to make the process interesting, so it feels like you're constantly recruiting popular characters to your side."

Maybe I'm grasping at straws, but the way he mentions "making the process interesting" and "recruiting characters to your side" makes it seem like there is gonna be an Adventure/Story Mode component where you travel through different levels and fight different characters, and beating them adds them to your roster. This is pretty similar to how Subspace Emissary worked, where you recruited characters to your roster, and those who weren't on the base roster for the rest of the game modes were also unlocked for those modes.

I could see some sort of Adventure Mode where you play as your Mii Fighter and you embark on a quest to defeat Master Hand or whatever, and you enlist the help of these Smash characters to do it, which would explain the wording of "recruiting characters to your side". So you get a bunch of sidescrolling action-platformer levels, with one of the fighters at the end being a boss. And of course you don't have to play as your Mii Fighter since you're recruiting these characters to your army, so you can play as them.

Of course alternative methods of unlocking characters such as Classic Mode or playing loads of VS matches would exist, but those wouldn't be streamlined OR interesting, as past games have proven. So yeah, I think there will be at least a 4-5 hour Adventure Mode where you unlock characters. It would also be a great way to make use of custom equipment (which I'm pretty sure are coming back given amiibo data is carried over).

vaanrose

Let's Mosey
NNID
vaanrose
3DS FC
1762-2697-1591
Switch FC
SW-4679-3965-5961
Every single thing we've seen so far is indicative of a game dev that's listening to fans. I'm more confident of K.Rool making the cut now then I was Ice Climbers making the cut last week, and I was 100% on them.

Natz~

Full of Hugs and Fire~
Link and Young Link side to side... Is a little weird.
young link is tall, isn't he suppose to be 10?

link is like in his late teens or early adult hood and toon link is 12 geez, hes taller than tink and can keep height with link

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
King K. Rool wouldn't surprise me. High fan demand for a while now, Nintendo recently got the rights to him back, and he had a Mii Costume as DLC. Combined with the ballot, which I'm sure he did well in, King K. Rool could very well happen.

Only thing I can see getting in his way is Dixie Kong. Of course he could go with both, make King K. Rool the main newcomer, and make Dixie either a newcomer, semi-clone, or a full Diddy Kong clone.

He'd be alright, lots of potential with him, but I wouldn't really care if he didn't make it.
They never lost the rights to begin with

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Link and Young Link side to side... Is a little weird.
At least Link has the excuse of having a wide stance. Pit and Palutena meanwhile had the same height in Smash 4 and it looked beyond weird.

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
Every single thing we've seen so far is indicative of a game dev that's listening to fans. I'm more confident of K.Rool making the cut now then I was Ice Climbers making the cut last week, and I was 100% on them.
How can you be more confident than 100 percent? LOL

Ah, but that's me being pedantic just because. :p I haven't actually budged on who I think is or isn't likely, but that's because K. Rool was near the top of my likelihood list for the sheer amount of demand he gets from fans and potential Ballot referencing in the first place. Same actually goes for Simon Belmont and historical relevance to the NES/presence in Captain N (Although the latters more of a personal bias. . .kind of. Uprising's US AI player names included Captain N, so I'd have to guess Sakurai at least knows about it in order to give the OK on that. . .). And I never actually thought Daisy was all that unlikely, nor did I entirely discount Ridley so much as keep to an odd neutral stance.

D

Deleted member

Fully expecting K. Rool in Ultimate at this point.
Same, man.
I think Sakurai wants to hypen up the game.
That is because we got Ridley. King K. Rool is very popular and if Sakurai were to go through this plan, King K. Rool would be very likely.

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
I actually think this game is going to be the game where you end up not seeing some random character on the roster that upsets a lot of people.

I think we're going to dismiss the full roster leak this time because it's simply too good to be true.

The Stoopid Unikorn

Spiciest of Guacamoles
Switch FC
SW-4202-4979-0504
I actually think this game is going to be the game where you end up not seeing some random character on the roster that upsets a lot of people.

I think we're going to dismiss the full roster leak this time because it's simply too good to be true.
What full roster leak?

Kinda missed it and I wanna laugh at it :V

Natz~

Full of Hugs and Fire~
I wish people would stop using this image.

This one is much more accurate.

still....hes like a few cmers off of link whos got whole puberty on him, and hes actually taller than tink who ya know someone who beats him by 2 years

hes still tall for being young

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904

Considering people kind of reacted in the "random character" fashion to DAISY of all characters even AFTER accepting the idea of clones, somehow I'm a little more skeptical of that, LOL.

The Stoopid Unikorn

Spiciest of Guacamoles
Switch FC
SW-4202-4979-0504
still....hes like a few cmers off of link whos got whole puberty on him, and hes actually taller than tink who ya know someone who beats him by 2 years

hes still tall for being young
Toon Link is a different artstyle, to be fair.

And again, Link is freking tiny in BotW. He's supposed to be around 17, iirc (though only physically because he took a long nap), yet many NPCs tower over him.

And that's before taking into account the Gerudo or the Gorons, who are always taller than most.

Last edited:

vaanrose

Let's Mosey
NNID
vaanrose
3DS FC
1762-2697-1591
Switch FC
SW-4679-3965-5961
He still looks pretty big here.

Not as off at least.
He's basically halfway between Link and Toon Link, as he should be. If he looks too big it's more due to artstyle than anything. He's got very late 90s proportions compared to Link's slimmer, more modern look.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Link has always been a smol boi

BotW Link is just an especially smol boi

pretty silly too

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Have a SEGA Genesis cover of SomecallmeJohnny's theme to brighten up your day/night.

Last edited:

Natz~

Full of Hugs and Fire~
Toon Link is a different artstyle, to be fair.

And again, Link is freking tiny in BotW. He's supposed to be around 17, iirc (though only physically because he took a long nap), yet many NPCs tower over him.

And that's before taking into account the Gerudo, who are always taller than most.
young link is still like 1.2 meters tall though and thats it, my family are a buncha dwarfs save for kyler and were still 30 cms taller than that

if were looking at it right here botw links ****ing 1.25 or 1.3 and thats its, did he ever grow going through puberty?

MSmariosonic

Smash Hero
NNID
kidtendo1996
3DS FC
3566-1932-7732
Switch FC
SW 0383 4539 4118
I kinda hope Sakurai doesn't rely too much on popularity

because there's a certain orange gi wearing fightaholic alien i don't want to see, personally

i'm just saiyan'

The Stoopid Unikorn

Spiciest of Guacamoles
Switch FC
SW-4202-4979-0504
young link is still like 1.2 meters tall though and thats it, my family are a buncha dwarfs save for kyler and were still 30 cms taller than that

if were looking at it right here botw links ****ing 1.25 or 1.3 and thats its, did he ever grow going through puberty?
Look at his stance.

This is clearly not tallest he can be since his legs are bent.

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
Hey I wouldn't argue with Young Link being scaled down. If sizes taught me anything in Smash, the smaller characters are usually the greatest. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom