• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 6.0 - L'Arachel Edition, Apparently?

Best Galar Starter?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
*coughs up ink* HOW ARE YOU PEOPLE THIS GOOD AT VEEMOTOON?

I mean granted I haven't been playing it for most of the day, but I only got 11 mem cakes and suffered through most of them. I keep having to go back and forth between test stations because all of them are shredding me to pieces. Thank squidness I at least figured out the ropes of the first rail grinding test chamber so I can *cough* grind.

How are there so many veemos in my square?! Is this entire fandom superhuman?!
I failed though like 80% of them. You don’t have to win to get mem cakes.

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
I've always used Smashboards Standard Dark.

Maybe it's mostly because I'm so used to it by now that trying to get used to any others just feels too weird to me. I can't stick with another theme for more than a few hours before going straight back to the standard theme.

Chrono.

Smashboards Ruby is the only theme that has the new backgrounds for me.

I regularly use Onyx btw.

Zinith

Yoshi is Thicc in S P I R I T
All around you, awaiting to consume your soul
Switch FC
SW-4624-0132-9722

Maybe it's mostly because I'm so used to it by now that trying to get used to any others just feels too weird to me. I can't stick with another theme for more than a few hours before going straight back to the standard theme.
I use Smashboards Standard for the sole reason that Yoshi is prominently displayed on the right. I don't think the new one has him.

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
I failed though like 80% of them. You don’t have to win to get mem cakes.
WHAT

WHAT

I knew you could just skip past stages after failing twice, but it still gives youa mem cake too?!

D

Deleted member

Well, I am done for now.
Good night my online friends. I will be back earlier than usual, because Friday is a half day.
The final days will be half days as well.

D

Deleted member

I'm currently using the Smashboards Classic theme because I've gotten so familiar with how the site looked from 2014 to now.

D

Deleted member

I used the Project M theme after the update, but I am starting to like Onyx.....
I like them both about the same.

Last edited by a moderator:

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
The mem cake is grayed out and doesn't count.
Yeah, that's what I figured. I'm trying to be a good little veemo and get them all.

But I don't know how long my sanity will hold out, LOL. I'm at 13 mem cakes, one Thang, and already spoiled myself on stuff out of frustration.

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
Yeah, that's what I figured. I'm trying to be a good little veemo and get them all.

But I don't know how long my sanity will hold out, LOL. I'm at 13 mem cakes, one Thang, and already spoiled myself on stuff out of frustration.
You can unlock everything in the dlc even if you don’t beat a single mission.

The Stoopid Unikorn

Spiciest of Guacamoles
Switch FC
SW-4202-4979-0504

Got 76 cakes, all Thangs and still unspoiled :p

You still get the clothing items from the weeb crustacean regardless.
Wait, you do? Nani the heck?

Last edited:

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
lul the alternate outfits are only recolors
Super Saiyan Zeke and

H A T L E S S M Ò R A G

mario123007

HELLO, YOU HAVE ENTERED THE DUNK ZONE
NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
Well, uh, Palutena's is in full view again, so....
So... even as a Palutena half main myself, I don't really care too much lol.
That's great, but as someone who owns a Wii U (of course, a minority), I don't see that much value in the current system beyond what they are offering exclusively for it, like Mario Odyssey. I got my Wii U weeks after Smash Bros. launched and I found that to be the perfect time to get one because its library was shaping up. If I had gotten one at launch, my thoughts would've been very different.
We got our Wii U WAY more late, it was around August of 2015... yeah...

And the game we got were Smash Bros, Splatoon, and MK8 (In bundle game)

But I still think Switch is a worth of purchase because it is a way better console than Wii U in many ways, even if you neglect it's portability. Switch's UI is snappy, games load faster, has the games I want (Duh), and last but not least...

no region lock, this is the deal breaker for me.
It's like how Adam Koralik (a YouTuber) and Rich from ReviewTechUSA both think the Wii is a pile of **** due to its Wii Remote and overall positioning on the market. Well, that's me with the Switch, kind of, except I don't see it as an overly bad system. It's just average.
I can say for Rich is that he considers Wii a gimmicky console... which it was...
But then I can't see how you can compare Switch... with the Wii... Switch's feature is just more useful and practical than Wii imo. The fact you can play on the go and play at home is a great idea.
When the Eurogamer leak surfaced I was intrigued by the concept at first, but then I noticed the Joy-Con (unnamed at the time) weren't that special. Even if it came out years later after iPad and other tablets, the Wii U GamePad was a bit more promising I feel, despite not many developers (Nintendo included) utilizing it to the fullest.
Again, you do aware that's an unpopular opinion, which okay, but I can tell you Joy Cons are more impressive than Wii U gamepad. The battery life is longer, the HD rumbles are no joke, and the fact that you can take them off and turn it to a controller, that's impressive for me.

Wii U Gamepad on the other hand felt more like a toy, it felt clunky, the screen was... meh... it only have 3 hours of battery life (Which sucks for a controller btw) and I just don't like the glossy plastic feel...

That's the majority, and of course I understand they will please the majority of people rather than a small minority that isn't interested in a particular property. Businesses work like that. I always expected this year's E3 to be a Smashfest and jokingly thought they'd overfocus on it, and that's what they did. They did say they'd focus on Smash Bros. beforehand and I understood. I just thought they'd show a bit more than Smash Bros., you know?
Yeah, to some degree my initial reaction was indeed "Wow, Smash Bros Ultimate is awesome but... that's it?"

Anyone who expect them to show Pikmin 4, Animal Crossing, Retro Studio's game etc... of course they will be disappointed, I personally want Animal Crossing on Nintendo Switch, but that's definitely not a fair reason to judge Nintendo's E3 bad.

So,
Personally, I was never that interested in having Smash Bros. on the system. I always thought "hey, wouldn't it be cool if it actually skipped the Switch?" for contrarianism's sake, 4chan-style, and to get other interesting software instead. But that was just me. I didn't mean it in an evilish manner but I wanted something different myself.
Ok, I get that you mean no harm or cynical but... why???

Smash Bros is just perfect for Switch... that's another reason why Smash Bros was being craved for ever since the NX era and once we know it is going to be a hybrid console.
Also Switch can have Smash Bros and other titles, it is not one way or the other, it is just a matter of which game is coming first. They push most titles to 2019 and beyond and the two biggest title for Switch is Pokemon Let's GO Pikahcu & Eevee and Smash Bros Ultimate, looking in a neutral standpoint. This isn't a bad thing at all, even if you say "Wow, that's it?"

I mean hey, at least you are not like this douche bag Youtuber here:
  • Josh misinformed Projared and Missclicked Gaming's statements... like a lot
  • Projared thinks that you should never use your high expectation to judge an E3 presenatation, and MCG just said she doesn't like how people keeps spreading the negativity.
  • Pikmin 4, Animal Crossing, MP4, still aren't ready, so that's why they weren't shown. Nintendo officially stated this so, take it what ever you well
  • Yes, Nintendo is not our friend, they want our money, so this point is actually contradicting since what we get this year are Wii U ports, many third parties, Pokemon and Smash Bros, which are huge sellers.
  • E3 was never Christmas or birthdays, it is more like Olympic Games where back in they day it was a popular and big sporting event but nowadays its popularity is dropping. That's why Nintendo doesn't focus too much on E3 anymore.
  • Josh is a jacka**, sorry... his opinions on Nintendo recently are really just so objective and doesn't even make any sense...
Don't forget third party games, like Crash Banditcoot, Paladins, Fortnite. Dragon Ball FighterZ, Understale, Wolfenstein II, Valkyria Chronicles 4, The World Ends With You etc...
Anyone who complains about Switch lacking third party games, now you have them...

And sorry, a bit of rant, one I did on Youtube comments:

E3 2017:
"People excited for MP4, and forget about Yoshi"

E3 2018:
"People now ask where's Yoshi"

Huh...

Silvera

Jammin' Jammies
3DS FC
4914-7114-2601
Switch FC
SW-2130-5650-7930
But no one will check the website out because it's not Miiverse and we don't live in 2008 where everyone checked the Brawl Dojo and there were less websites to check out.

Let me go back to 2014 temporarily for this post. Hold on... okay, I got it.

:troll:

There's always Twitter :p

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
Does anyone know if you can get a better look at the chat room pictures in the Octo Expansion? As is, they're kinda small and are shown at an angle.

Last edited:

Jojalole

Henshin a go go baby!
Switch FC
SW 7943 9867 0675
Memeblade Chronicles is too real:

I SHALL END THE JOB THAT TERSQUAL IN CAULDROS COULDN'T.
I swear, being so self-aware with the memes, if Rex ever gets to Smash I'm expecting all his lines to be memes from Xenoblade 2. And...
D-Did they just walk up, slowly, and connect Xenoblade X with 1 and 2??? Or you know, it's just a little gag to have him in the game

Either way, I GET TO BEAT UP TATSU??!! 10/10 best game ever, buying the season pass rn

MSmariosonic

Smash Hero
NNID
kidtendo1996
3DS FC
3566-1932-7732
Switch FC
SW 0383 4539 4118
Yo

the replay value of Ultimate is going to be insane

let alone if they also decide to include trophies

looks like i'm going to be a hermit

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
The XC2 outfit unlocks have all been found and yeah they're all pretty much recolours except for Disguised Pyra.

Zeke's references a Xenogears character, and Morag's is a white version of her outfit, but she doesn't wear her hat.

I hope they add more in the future, the functionality is in place.

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
Yo

the replay value of Ultimate is going to be insane

let alone if they also decide to include trophies

looks like i'm going to be a hermit
Then you realize you can take Smash anywhere :D

Bestmand902

Smash Lord
Man, the wait for more news is gonna be insane tho