• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 6.0 - L'Arachel Edition, Apparently?

Best Galar Starter?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
Was suppose to go to work today but I'm sick as **** and can barely get out of bed.

And the worst part is I have nothing to mend it.

Thankfully I go back in Tuesday. So I got time to get better.

I'll pick up my check then as well.

EDIT: Why am I posting this here lol

Last edited:

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
*cracks Knuckles*

The plot is unexciting and predictable, Bowser finds a new toy, steals a bunch of Paint Stars (why does everything function on stars in Mario’s world?) and kidnaps Peach. So far, stupid. You soon find a companion, Huey, an over-enthusiastic paint can, and he offers to help you do all the things you need to do to help out the colour-drained world of Prism Island. Many of Color Splash’s issues lie with that damn paint can. From the very first moment you meet him – in which he reminds you every two minutes that you can talk to him if you need help, like a needy bank assistant – he makes the game unpleasantly patronising. Huey is constantly repeating things that are painfully obvious, telling you bits of information that you have already figured out from the environmental storytelling, and generally being tedious and unnecessary.

The combat system, which is basically the same as Sticker Star’s but with cards instead of stickers, requires paint to work properly. You choose a battle card, jump, hammer, or any number of variants on that theme, and paint it to increase its base attack. Then, you flick it towards the screen. You’ll spend more time looking at that tiny screen during battles, poking and tapping and flicking those cards, than you will actually engaging with what’s on screen.

The main gimmick of the game is that Huey has imbued your hammer with the power of paint, and it’s up to you to restore colour to all the walls, floors and people of Prism Island by hitting them with your hammer in a satisfying splat. Hitting Toads with your hammer is relatively fun, but then the game takes this gimmick and beats it to death. Everything requires paint, but paint is so easy to find by hitting grass, trees, enemies and blocks that it becomes an inflated economy where you don’t have any reason to really care how much paint you’re using. And since paint is so easy to find, leveling up your hammer is useless, leading to the verdict that battles are once again better skipped, just like Sticker Star, if you want to scrape any amount enjoyment out of this dumpster fire.

Some battles require Thing cards, special, one-off cards that trigger a small cut-scene, and just like Sticker Star, these are incredibly frustrating. It can be hard to find them, and even harder to figure out which one to use at the right time. Worse still, some boss battles depend on you using exactly the right card, and it’s not always entirely clear which one, especially if you haven’t already found it. And then you have to look up what it is you need, trudge back to an earlier level, then return to the boss battle, and doesn’t that sound incredible boring? Yes.

There are a whole load of things to do in Color Splash, but none of them feel that fun. You can go back to levels you completed to find more secrets, more Paint Stars, and more cards, but all that does is feed back into the combat system, and the combat system is boring. There are Roshambo stadiums, which task you with winning a certain number of rock-paper-scissors matches in a go. It’s far too easy to win money, making the coin economy another pointless number in the game, and it’s also just a game of luck, so it’s quite difficult to win several times in a row. In short, it is also boring.

Does that satisfy you?
Well I certainly respect you typing it all out.

I can definitely see your reasoning. But a lot of it can be applied to mario or games in general.

Like look at all the freaking new super mario bros games. They pushed the same gimmick over and over. And mario is always predictable. Bowser steals peach,mario saves her.

I admit Huey is annoying at times but so was Navi and ocarina of time went down as one of the greatest games of all time. An annoying companion is also big in gaming too. I’m not saying color splash is 10/10 but I would say it’s still good.
Of course from the rest of what you said that really comes down to opinion so I can’t really argue for you to change it.

I don’t think the game was meant to be super hard but instead be decent difficulty but still able to appeal to people. The bottom line was the Wii U was on its way out so why completely change paper mario on a system that wasn’t selling, when they could save for future and make a killing with it on the switch.

Although time will only tell to see what will happen with the franchise

Chrono.

"FighterZ character teasers are too short"

Jump Force: "Hold my beer"

Hopefully we get some gameplay soon.

mario123007

HELLO, YOU HAVE ENTERED THE DUNK ZONE
NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
It took up 28 of the 45 minutes that’s more than half
Ok, so yeah Smash Ultimate indeed took too much time lol.

I was expecting them to annouce that all characters are back, the new mechanics, new characters, release date and that's it... despite the pace was good once I saw we are reaching to about 25 minute mark I was already aware that the rest is all about Smash Ultimate, for me it was great for some people who wants to now more infos on the future games this was a disappointing direct, but the again it wasn't bad in general it was awesome on how they announce/confirm the third party games. I still hope Nier Automata did come to Switch but hey, according to recent news there is a chance.

"Nintendo's disappointing E3"
Did we all watch the same Direct?
It was disappointing for some... who are't fans of Smash... for... reasons...

Funny how many people were craving for Smash on Switch ever since the NX era, now we get to see Smash Bros Ultimate, people now complain it took too long which I somewhat agree but c'mon.
Yeah KH3 definitely won E3.
No, it's Devolver Digital and it will always be lol.

KH3 better come to Switch next year,
Or any KH console game ports would be good.

Last edited:

Erureido

Smash Hero
NNID
Erureido
3DS FC
5301-1552-4121
Switch FC
SW-4754-8756-2004
Decided to have another go at the new Four Fangs banner last night, and I got someone who I thought I'd never pull:

I finally got Wrath fodder Karla! Never did I expect I'd actually pull my most wanted unit from the banner.

She's +Def -Res, so her IVs are alright.

Not sure if I want to fully invest her in though. I will be holding on to her for the time being just so I have a bonus unit in the upcoming Tempest Trials. If I can pull another Karla before the banner and during the TT, one of them is definitely kicking the bucket as Wrath fodder for the tanky Ryoma I've been building (all he needs is Wrath, and his build will finally be complete).

MSmariosonic

Smash Hero
NNID
kidtendo1996
3DS FC
3566-1932-7732
Switch FC
SW 0383 4539 4118
While on the subject of Ryu.

Do ya'll think Ken might become an echo for Ryu?

Some normals might seem weird on Ken like the joudan sokutogeri and the collarbone breaker.

I don't recall Ken having any of those

Last edited:

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
So Ghast brought up something here that I thought was neat: Edelgard may very well be the Jagen of Three Houses. Her stats are well above the other units (including almost thirty health) despite it looking like an early field map, she comes with Vantage, and immediately has access to both axes and swords. She's very likely a prepromote if not the Jagen.

That's pretty nifty.

Holder of the Heel

Fiat justitia, pereat mundus
NNID
Roarfang
3DS FC
1332-7720-7283
Switch FC
6734-2078-8990

AreJay25

May or May Not Be Pac-Man
While on the subject of Ryu.

Do ya'll think Ken might become an echo for Ryu?

Some normals might seem weird on Ken like the joudan sokutogeri and the collarbone breaker.

I don't recall Ken having any of those
Eh, while strange, it's probably the one that makes the most sense. He was more or less a palette swap at the beginning.

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
Eh, while strange, it's probably the one that makes the most sense. He was more or less a palette swap at the beginning.
And thing is People prefer Ken over Ryu so that's a plus.

Those people are plebs too.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I just got my hair cut. I had the sides shaved with a fade with the top long and the guy braided my hair into what he called a mohawk-like braid

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Well, hopefully Light doesn't know that Goku's real name is Kakarot

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
Yooo...after Ridley uses his Final Smash you can see Samus's gunship crashing in the background.

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
Man, I'm not the biggest FE fan out there (Especially in this thread), but just seeing the amount of wasted potential Fates had just make me....sad, not even angry, just sad.

No stories with such amount of potential should get wasted like that.

God dang it IS.

Fire Emblemier

The Crests are to Blame
Switch FC
SW-2862-0450-4332
Id really like to know more about Claude, Byleth and. Dimitri in Three Houses

I see enough of the girl on twitter but rarely any of the boys
Well, Byleth may be our Avatar character so there's that. We know Claude is a bow user, hopefully he's good with bows being able to attack at range one it seems. Demitri looks nice as lance infantry is always a plus in my book.

Last edited:

Ivander

Smash Legend
Man, I'm not the biggest FE fan out there (Especially in this thread), but just seeing the amount of wasted potential Fates had just make me....sad, not even angry, just sad.

No stories with such amount of potential should get wasted like that.

God dang it IS.
At this point, complaining about it isn't going to do anything now. We can only hope that IS at least learned from it on what "not" to do for a story and strive for better with Three Houses.

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
At this point, complaining about it isn't going to do anything now. We can only hope that IS at least learned from it on what "not" to do for a story and strive for better with Three Houses.
I know that, it's just that, as a writter myself, wasted potential is just one of my worst fear.

In fact, I know Fates had wasted potential before, but just seeing it again now just make me sad. Some peoples get angry over this kind of stuff since it make some characters act like idiots, but for me, I'm more saddened by it. Because no great ideas deserve this kind of treatement, and Fates as one of the worst kind of wasted potential I have seen in awhile.

Now, I hope they remember the problems that Fates and make better story in the futur, but the fact is, Fates will never get true justice to it's ideas, and this is the reason why I feel just so...bad about it. Even years after it's release.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom