• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 6.0 - L'Arachel Edition, Apparently?

Best Galar Starter?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

Decided to have another go at the new Four Fangs banner last night, and I got someone who I thought I'd never pull:

I finally got Wrath fodder Karla! Never did I expect I'd actually pull my most wanted unit from the banner.

She's +Def -Res, so her IVs are alright.

Not sure if I want to fully invest her in though. I will be holding on to her for the time being just so I have a bonus unit in the upcoming Tempest Trials. If I can pull another Karla before the banner and during the TT, one of them is definitely kicking the bucket as Wrath fodder for the tanky Ryoma I've been building (all he needs is Wrath, and his build will finally be complete).
Lucky, I want her. :V

Ivander

Smash Legend
I know that, it's just that, as a writter myself, wasted potential is just one of my worst fear.

In fact, I know Fates had wasted potential before, but just seeing it again now just make me sad. Some peoples get angry over this kind of stuff since it make some characters act like idiots, but for me, I'm more saddened by it. Because no great ideas deserve this kind of treatement, and Fates as one of the worst kind of wasted potential I have seen in awhile.

Now, I hope they remember the problems that Fates and make better story in the futur, but the fact is, Fates will never get true justice to it's ideas, and this is the reason why I feel just so...bad about it. Even years after it's release.
True. Fates' potential may never be unlocked now now that it's out. Like, it's always possible that in the future, a remake could happen, but that seems unlikely as remakes are often for games that were out when graphics and whatnot were at their weakest and I doubt they would do a remake just to fix a story. It means that all the good ideas that Fates did have won't be able to show off some of it's good potential and the good potential it could've showed will likely be taken over by future games. It is sad for Fates.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

But you can lose a console war.

As SEGA will attest.
SEGA didn't lose to Sony they lost to themselves. Saturn had a myriad of terrible moves that cost the company boatloads of cash by the time Dreamcast was out it was already too late.

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
True. Fates' potential may never be unlocked now now that it's out. Like, it's always possible that in the future, a remake could happen, but that seems unlikely as remakes are often for games that were out when graphics and whatnot were at their weakest and I doubt they would do a remake just to fix a story. It means that all the good ideas that Fates did have won't be able to show off some of it's good potential and the good potential it could've showed will likely be taken over by future games. It is sad for Fates.
Yeah, you perfectly described what I feel about it. A remake seem very unlikely tbh, so Fates story will really be left all as it is.

Also, sorry for bringing up Fates story again, I say that because, there was probably alooooot of debates around Fates story, some less civil than others, I didn't want to bring up vietnam flashback or somethin' to some peoples, lol. I just wanted to tell my feeling about it since there is aspect of Fates I really do love (like Corrin, mostly in term of design and powers, not so much their character), but they are some of them I can't say they are good, which frustrate me to no end because, if they were done right, some of those character or plot point could have been just so much more. (looking at you Hinoka, good thing Lora is going to be you but better in every way)

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Been playing a bit of XC2 and...

Seems like you can't get to the Challenge Portal with Vandham still alive.

Eh, I might give up on filling his Affinity Chart. I can do it another time possibly, this time with the Relentless Arduran ready.

Damnit Monolith Soft, just let him be permanently playable in NG+.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
"Who won e3?"

No one wins a console war.
I was gonna say Capcom won. And they aren't even a console making company. They had 3 games and some Monster Hunter DLC, all are things people care about.

They'd be the most op characters if they were playable
You'd have to bend the rules a little for them. Kind of like, if you had Dio Brando, you'd have to let him fight in the sun despite being a vampire.

1. Make it so that you have to collect the Death Note and the pen, in a wide arena brawler, that's much more difficult than keeping track of a knife/claw like Cody and Vega would need too.

2. Make it so that instead of having a specific death, it's the "write the name, and they die in 40 seconds" thing for him. Now you have to survive for that time without switching out and you instantly K.O who you go up against.

3. Give Light pathetically low health, though he won't die in one hit, even if he logically would going up against freaks like Saiyans and Frieza.

4. Make his normals absolute trash. But his specials could use Ryuk and not be in ass-city like his normals.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Like I said before, I just want Gohan and Vegeta as far as DBZ characters go for Jump Force, anyone else is icing on the cake.

If JoJo's stuff is in this, Josuke(Part 4) would be ideal. Gohan, Josuke and Izuku would be a legit team.

If this roster is interesting to me, it'll determine whether I get it or not.

Last edited:

Starlight_Lily

Stage Overflowing with Starlight
Yeah unfortunately if it wasn't for Smash the direct would've been pretty lacking. No Shin Megami Tensei V footage, nothing from Bayonetta 3, I'm still feeling a bit disappointed outside of the Ultimate hype. At least the new Mario Party game looks better than the past few for those interested in that.
Well, in Nintendo's defense of SMT, that one is out of their control. That's up to ATLUS when it gets shown.

The Stoopid Unikorn

Spiciest of Guacamoles
Switch FC
SW-4202-4979-0504
I legit died more times in the secret Agent 3 fight than the rest of the Expansion combined.

It pisses me off.

Last edited:

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
Heh. Despite Ridley getting revealed, Nintendo at E3 still wasn't big enough.
I'm kind of puzzled by the fact that some of these are investors are annoyed by the fact the online service won't have a killer app to play at launch, but Splatoon 2/Mario Kart 8 Deluxe/Fortnite all exist.

Like Fortnite alone is the giant conquering the online multi-player gaming world and that's not enough? Really?

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Heh. Despite Ridley getting revealed, Nintendo at E3 still wasn't big enough.
It's hard to top Nero and his Robot Arm, the Sinister Six, Metal Wolf coming stateside and...well that's the only stuff shown that got me hyped as much as Ridley.

I'm kind of puzzled by the fact that some of these are investors are annoyed by the fact the online service won't have a killer app to play at launch, but Splatoon 2/Mario Kart 8 Deluxe/Fortnite all exist.

Like Fortnite alone is the giant conquering the online multi-player gaming world and that's not enough? Really?
Hell, even Mario Tennis is getting a lot of pull from people, I'm betting that'll do pretty well online too.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Fortnite likely won't require Nintendo's online service because it has its own servers.

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
Hmm. That's true on Fortnite.

I only briefly played it on PS4 back in the day before discovering it was just not my cup of tea, but can't you play it without PS Plus there?

D

Deleted member

Hmm. That's true on Fortnite.

I only briefly played it on PS4 back in the day before discovering it was just not my cup of tea, but can't you play it without PS Plus there?
Yes, you can. My brother has been playing ever since February without a PS Plus.

Natz~

Full of Hugs and Fire~
man i can't wait till i can go back to daily life

i've spent most of the past week and a half sleeping, and when i tried to get back on my feet i had a very very nasty blackout episode

katt can't wait till she can walk around without her insides turning outside

D

Deleted member

Played Smash 4 with my good friend Coricus Coricus .
Mostly Two Stock Item Rounds.
Honestly, Items are funny.
I was trying to avoid a tornado and a bomb randomly generates and it explodes right near me right when it spawns.
Also I changed my controller set up to make my C_Stick Attack instead of Smash Attack so I can do combos more easily. Smash Attacks are more difficult to do, but it was worth it.

Coricus is not that bad of a fighter. Good games Coricus!

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988

i've spent most of the past week and a half sleeping, and when i tried to get back on my feet i had a very very nasty blackout episode

Well good luck Natz!

D

Deleted member

I hope that your sickness goes away fast!
I am currently on antibiotics right now, because there is an infection that is harmless but it leaves a rash on my ankle.
Crossing my fingers that it does not get worse and the antibiotics work.

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703

I hope that your sickness goes away fast!
I am currently on antibiotics right now, because there is an infection that is harmless but it leaves a rash on my ankle.
Crossing my fingers that it does not get worse and the antibiotics work.
Ouch! Here's hoping for a quick recovery for you both!

Last edited:

CrusherMania1592

Deaf Smasher
Premium
3DS FC
5472-7454-3545
Ugh love how we go from 28 people to 19 people at work in just 3 weeks plus one new person.

That's why I hate working harder in a short staff

Trying to work on finishing up the last trophies that I'm missing from Persona 5. Good lord, I'm only halfway

ridleystan

Smash Cadet
Ugh love how we go from 28 people to 19 people at work in just 3 weeks plus one new person.

That's why I hate working harder in a short staff

Trying to work on finishing up the last trophies that I'm missing from Persona 5. Good lord, I'm only halfway
P5 is a very long game how many hours do you have? also i'm sorry about your work situation, that must suck

CrusherMania1592

Deaf Smasher
Premium
3DS FC
5472-7454-3545
P5 is a very long game how many hours do you have? also i'm sorry about your work situation, that must suck
100+ hours. And I'm on the New Game Plus. I didn't take many things seriously in my first run so I'm looking forward to catching up with as much as I can because next weekend, I will be away from the PS4 for a few weeks.

ridleystan

Smash Cadet
100+ hours. And I'm on the New Game Plus. I didn't take many things seriously in my first run so I'm looking forward to catching up with as much as I can because next weekend, I will be away from the PS4 for a few weeks.
oh i see, i've played P5 and i stopped playing with 80+ hours, i think? but good luck with getting the trophies, i heard from my friend who completed it there are certain ones which are hard

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom