• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 6.0 - L'Arachel Edition, Apparently?

Best Galar Starter?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
Anyway, concerning Smash 5...which characters are you all thinking about picking up when the game releases?
Toon Link, Young Link, Pokemon Trainer, Ice Climbers, Snake, Villager, possibly Mega Man, Dr. Mario to see if he's any better, Mr. Game and Watch, Olimar, Duck Hunt, and possibly anchoring on Mario for a bit until I get characters I want to play. Oh also Pac-Man. Just for giggles, maybe add Pichu on that as well.

Now you'd think this is because I am a varied man with multiple tastes, but in reality I'm just **** at choosing mains.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

In terms of it's VC service and lack of having to pay for online then yes I agree.

Otherwise I would have to object lol.
I had much more fun during my 3 years owning a Wii U than the first year and a few months of owning a Switch. Not even Mario Odyssey wowed me to be honest. My real enjoyment only came when I played two Bayonetta games I already played on Wii U. Also, too many multiplayer titles and Smash only makes the situation worse. It's like they're trying to have their promising online service for Switch see some value. Then again, I've always had a mixed reaction towards Switch since the Eurogamer leak happened in 2016. The announcement of the paid online service in January last year didn't help either. Those little things affected my perception of the system.

I don't think about "low third-party support" and "bad marketing/sales" because that's for Nintendo to worry about as a corporation. I instead think from a consumer's perspective. If I had fun with the system's released games then it's great system in my book even if most of them were developed by the manufacturer. That's what I saw in the Wii U.

Last edited by a moderator:

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
Dang it, the XB2 update still isn't here. :<

Probably going to be online while I'm at work, that suck.

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
I’m here to ask the question noone else has.

Will Peach’s underwear be visible again or not??

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
I had much more fun during my 3 years owning a Wii U than the first year and a few months of owning a Switch. Not even Mario Odyssey wowed me to be honest. My real enjoyment only came when I played two Bayonetta games I already played on Wii U. Also, too many multiplayer titles and Smash only makes the situation worse. It's like they're trying to have their promising online service for Switch see some value. Then again, I've always had a mixed reaction towards Switch since the Eurogamer leak happened in 2016. The announcement of the paid online service in January last year didn't help either. Those little things affected my perception of the system.

I don't think about "low third-party support" and "bad marketing/sales" because that's for Nintendo to worry about as a corporation. I instead think from a consumer's perspective. If I had fun with the system's released games then it's great system in my book even if most of them were developed by the manufacturer. That's what I saw in the Wii U.
Well to be fair Nintendo's been doing a much better job with their release schedule this time around. Wii U went through some pretty long droughts of games.

And now the Switch pretty much has everything the Wii U had lol.

mario123007

HELLO, YOU HAVE ENTERED THE DUNK ZONE
NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
My thoughts exactly. Oh well, gotta have that big heavy hitter that's not called Pokémon.
And your point being?
Remember how people cedwere craving for Smash last year? Or hell, ever since like Switch was introduced? Now we finally got Smash and... Not saying you are wrong to be disappointed, now I think this is really the moment where some I personally think are just being spoiled.

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
Well, uh, Palutena's is in full view again, so....
You know I'm so glad we have a team of people who make sure that there is indeed stuff going on down there. I'm certain that was the burning question everyone had on their minds.

vaanrose

Let's Mosey
NNID
vaanrose
3DS FC
1762-2697-1591
Switch FC
SW-4679-3965-5961
You know I'm so glad we have a team of people who make sure that there is indeed stuff going on down there. I'm certain that was the burning question everyone had on their minds.
Hey, it's not my fault literally 20% of Palutena's trailer is dedicated to a low angle camera shot of her stipper pole taunt. It's on FULL display, lol.

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
Hey, it's not my fault literally 20% of Palutena's trailer is dedicated to a low angle camera shot of her stipper pole taunt. It's on FULL display, lol.
I never said it was your fault.
But I am saying we are going to hell over this. Deep within the pits.

vaanrose

Let's Mosey
NNID
vaanrose
3DS FC
1762-2697-1591
Switch FC
SW-4679-3965-5961
I never said it was your fault.
But I am saying we are going to hell over this. Deep within the pits.
I thought you were judging me for looking for it, lol. You don't need to look for it. It's right there!

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
So the trailer for the the next How to Train Your Dragon movie is adorable.

Well, certain scenes involving two certain dragons were adorable. The rest is full of action of bad omens of what's to come.

Smash, HTTYD, I'm all good. Apart from some tiresome stuff I'm putting up with at home.

First Samus' breasts, then Snake's ***, and now, Peach's undies.

What's next? Do I even want to know? :V

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

At first it looked like the curve was less revealing and when she did her down taunt, there was no dark spot. You can literally see her underwear.
Good grief Palutena.

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
So the trailer for the the next How to Train Your Dragon movie is adorable.

Well, certain scenes involving two certain dragons were adorable. The rest is full of action of bad omens of what's to come.

Smash, HTTYD, I'm all good. Apart from some tiresome stuff I'm putting up with at home.

First Samus' breasts, then Snake's ***, and now, Peach's undies.

What's next? Do I even want to know? :V
Shulk’s dongle.

D

Deleted member

Yes, totally. If you want to enhance your Switch's powers by... hmm.. h4x0ring 1t?

Well to be fair Nintendo's been doing a much better job with their release schedule this time around. Wii U went through some pretty long droughts of games.

And now the Switch pretty much has everything the Wii U had lol.
That's great, but as someone who owns a Wii U (of course, a minority), I don't see that much value in the current system beyond what they are offering exclusively for it, like Mario Odyssey. I got my Wii U weeks after Smash Bros. launched and I found that to be the perfect time to get one because its library was shaping up. If I had gotten one at launch, my thoughts would've been very different.

It's like how Adam Koralik (a YouTuber) and Rich from ReviewTechUSA both think the Wii is a pile of **** due to its Wii Remote and overall positioning on the market. Well, that's me with the Switch, kind of, except I don't see it as an overly bad system. It's just average. Good to see it's doing well, but I'm not personally getting that "enjoyment attachment" I had when playing on Wii U. When the Eurogamer leak surfaced I was intrigued by the concept at first, but then I noticed the Joy-Con (unnamed at the time) weren't that special. Even if it came out years later after iPad and other tablets, the Wii U GamePad was a bit more promising I feel, despite not many developers (Nintendo included) utilizing it to the fullest.

And your point being?
Remember how people cedwere craving for Smash last year? Or hell, ever since like Switch was introduced? Now we finally got Smash and... Not saying you are wrong to be disappointed, now I think this is really the moment where some I personally think are just being spoiled.
That's the majority, and of course I understand they will please the majority of people rather than a small minority that isn't interested in a particular property. Businesses work like that. I always expected this year's E3 to be a Smashfest and jokingly thought they'd overfocus on it, and that's what they did. They did say they'd focus on Smash Bros. beforehand and I understood. I just thought they'd show a bit more than Smash Bros., you know?

Personally, I was never that interested in having Smash Bros. on the system. I always thought "hey, wouldn't it be cool if it actually skipped the Switch?" for contrarianism's sake, 4chan-style, and to get other interesting software instead. But that was just me. I didn't mean it in an evilish manner but I wanted something different myself. But literally everyone asked for it and then they have it. That's great for them and I look forward to the new title like them. I'm not saying I'm entitled or spoiled or whatever, but to think that Smash is what I really wanted personally would be unwise to say.

D

Deleted member

Is it me or Palutena is more revealing in Ultimate than in Smash 4?
The triangular showing hole is about the same size, but there is no dark spot in Ultimate when she does her down taunt.

vaanrose

Let's Mosey
NNID
vaanrose
3DS FC
1762-2697-1591
Switch FC
SW-4679-3965-5961
I love the new Zelda design as much as the next person, but I take umbrage at the notion that TP Zelda lacked personality. Kuuderes need love, too.

AndreaAC

Ridley's Propaganda Artist
In Melee, Brawl and Smash 4... Zelda was ugly and lame.
BUT IN SMASH BROS. ULTIMATE, SHE HAS NICE ANIME AND CUTE APPEARANCE THAT MAKES ME LIKE HER EVEN MORE AHHHHH! ( Sorry for all capitals, I had to show my enthusiasm. )
Jesus, I bet you are gonna enjoy the heck out of her when you get the game. In my case I'm glad she's not TP Zelda, as is the one design I despise the most, personally.

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
It’s Smash Bros Ultimate cause DK finally has a good final smash. He gives them the ol’ banana slamma

D

Deleted member

Jesus, I bet you are gonna enjoy the heck out of her when you get the game. In my case I'm glad she's not TP Zelda, as is the one design I despise the most, personally.
I know!
Ultimate did Zelda so well.
Imagine Ocarina of Time Zelda in there that looked anime. :)

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
I love the new Zelda design as much as the next person, but I take umbrage at the notion that TP Zelda lacked personality. Kuuderes need love, too.
I always liked that design too. Same with both Ganondorf designs in Smash.

I'm just glad it wasn't Skyward Sword, that's the most boring Zelda design to me.

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
Smash 4 Zelda did show some emotions here and there, like in this one image.

Sure, she isn't a cutie pie like Ultimate Zelda, but on occasion, she could look pretty cute too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom