• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 6.0 - L'Arachel Edition, Apparently?

Best Galar Starter?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
With E3 gone, it's time to retire my boy with the wrench for the time being and bring in my new royal waifu. :)

D

Deleted member

With E3 gone, it's time to retire my boy with the wrench for the time being and bring in my new royal waifu. :)
In Melee, Brawl and Smash 4... Zelda was ugly and lame.
ZSS - Copy.PNG
BUT IN SMASH BROS. ULTIMATE, SHE HAS NICE ANIME AND CUTE APPEARANCE THAT MAKES ME LIKE HER EVEN MORE AHHHHH! ( Sorry for all capitals, I had to show my enthusiasm. )
2424 - Copy.jpg
AHH I LOVE IT!

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
That's odd.

When I switch different SWF styles, I get different things in the background.

I'm on default and I see Smash 4 but if I go to Onyx, I see Ultimate.

Odd.

D

Deleted member

Has anyone mentioned this yet?

Feels like we're getting "pic of the day" again.
But no one will check the website out because it's not Miiverse and we don't live in 2008 where everyone checked the Brawl Dojo and there were less websites to check out.

Let me go back to 2014 temporarily for this post. Hold on... okay, I got it.

:troll:

Last edited by a moderator:

Androobie

Banned via Warnings
Alright I’m curious let’s hear some honest complaints.

And no it not having partners or the old battle system really isn’t one.

The comedy and dialog was on point, it was beautiful looking and made clever use of items for forming scenery.

The story wasn’t that bad either. The battles system was better then sticker star. And while I admit I love the traditional one better the color splash one was at least fairer and not as horrid as sticker star.
*cracks Knuckles*

The plot is unexciting and predictable, Bowser finds a new toy, steals a bunch of Paint Stars (why does everything function on stars in Mario’s world?) and kidnaps Peach. So far, stupid. You soon find a companion, Huey, an over-enthusiastic paint can, and he offers to help you do all the things you need to do to help out the colour-drained world of Prism Island. Many of Color Splash’s issues lie with that damn paint can. From the very first moment you meet him – in which he reminds you every two minutes that you can talk to him if you need help, like a needy bank assistant – he makes the game unpleasantly patronising. Huey is constantly repeating things that are painfully obvious, telling you bits of information that you have already figured out from the environmental storytelling, and generally being tedious and unnecessary.

The combat system, which is basically the same as Sticker Star’s but with cards instead of stickers, requires paint to work properly. You choose a battle card, jump, hammer, or any number of variants on that theme, and paint it to increase its base attack. Then, you flick it towards the screen. You’ll spend more time looking at that tiny screen during battles, poking and tapping and flicking those cards, than you will actually engaging with what’s on screen.

The main gimmick of the game is that Huey has imbued your hammer with the power of paint, and it’s up to you to restore colour to all the walls, floors and people of Prism Island by hitting them with your hammer in a satisfying splat. Hitting Toads with your hammer is relatively fun, but then the game takes this gimmick and beats it to death. Everything requires paint, but paint is so easy to find by hitting grass, trees, enemies and blocks that it becomes an inflated economy where you don’t have any reason to really care how much paint you’re using. And since paint is so easy to find, leveling up your hammer is useless, leading to the verdict that battles are once again better skipped, just like Sticker Star, if you want to scrape any amount enjoyment out of this dumpster fire.

Some battles require Thing cards, special, one-off cards that trigger a small cut-scene, and just like Sticker Star, these are incredibly frustrating. It can be hard to find them, and even harder to figure out which one to use at the right time. Worse still, some boss battles depend on you using exactly the right card, and it’s not always entirely clear which one, especially if you haven’t already found it. And then you have to look up what it is you need, trudge back to an earlier level, then return to the boss battle, and doesn’t that sound incredible boring? Yes.

There are a whole load of things to do in Color Splash, but none of them feel that fun. You can go back to levels you completed to find more secrets, more Paint Stars, and more cards, but all that does is feed back into the combat system, and the combat system is boring. There are Roshambo stadiums, which task you with winning a certain number of rock-paper-scissors matches in a go. It’s far too easy to win money, making the coin economy another pointless number in the game, and it’s also just a game of luck, so it’s quite difficult to win several times in a row. In short, it is also boring.

Does that satisfy you?

Last edited:

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
Methinks there was a lot of titles to be shown off but given how when Smsah is involved with anything, it's all about that series.

That's why I think they opted to reveal whatever they had for later instead.

Gosh darnit double post sry.
I mean granted my whole post falls apart because chances are either the games they have aren't in a working state or they want to save it for a Direct (Nintendo has been weird with stuff at E3), but like it was a lot of Smash and not much else. Granted it was the game a lot of people were hyped for, but not everyone. And since it was like one of the two games they had going for them barring like Pokemon Let's Go but that was earlier on, they had to keep showing it.

Like I wanna make this clear, I like the new Smash, and I'm glad we got the info. Most of that post was me being facetious for the sake of jokes. And I do believe it's highly unfair to say their Direct sucked because I didn't like most of the games shown, because of course it's not supposed to appeal just to me, and only me. That's just ludicrous bull**** entitlement right there to expect anything to be based around what only I want.
If Nintendo's E3 Direct was rated on how only I liked the games the direct would've sucked balls. I was only interested in Smash and DBFZ, the latter of whom was a brief mention. It's a good thing then there's other people not me who appreciate the RPGs for example.

However, I do think there's an argument regarding Smash took up much time. If it is because they genuinely didn't have much to show, that's fine. I do hope there's gonna be a Direct with the other Switch games. Obviously not now because we just got the bombshell that was E3, but at least something for the likes of Yoshi and Prime 4.

Fenriraga

You have the strength to overcome your destiny!
Writing Team
NNID
DarkAura
Xenoblade Challenge Mode with that DELICIOUS NEW SURPRISE in one hour! If the Treehouse is meant to be believed, anyway.

This'll give me plenty to do while flying home, haha.

I'm on Onyx but still see the old renders. RIP
Played Fortnite for the first time. I have no idea what im doing.

"Just build lul"

Also watched Coco. . .finally. Been wanting to watch it since the announcement ut never had time when it was in theaters. It was a nice little uplifting film. And a nice little bonus is that I had a memory of the movie before I even watched it. I knew two of the songs (especially Poco Loco) sounded super familiar but I couldnt figure out why. Suddenly, I remember that when i was touring Epcot, there was a mariachi band playing songs to market Coco. So watching a recent Disney movie was still able to bring back fun memories of Disney World. :)
:061:

D

Deleted member

Did you just diss Ocarina of Time and Twilight Princess Zelda?

Someone hold me back before I do something mean. :V
Woah woah woah no spankings ( I saw what you said before your edited post. )
The Ocarina of Time Zelda does look good.
1.jpg
BUT...
THIS ONE FROM MELEE IS AN ABOMINATION.

Also the ones from Brawl is kind of Ugly and I prefer the Twilight Princess one ( Even though they are practically the same. )
The Smash 4 Zelda does not look as ugly but is still kind of ugly and bland.

D

Deleted member

Which parts of Canada have you been to, out of curiosity?
I have never left the country, but I have left my state many times.
I know. I really want to go to another country for a moment.
The four cities are the notable ones that stand out to me.
Canada would be cool too.
Literally noone asked you, boy.
All right.
Sorry for upsetting you. Have I been a bully to you lately? :(

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
I mean if we're comparing an early 3D game from 2001 to a HD game in 2018 sure there's gonna be some differences.

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
I mean granted my whole post falls apart because chances are either the games they have aren't in a working state or they want to save it for a Direct (Nintendo has been weird with stuff at E3), but like it was a lot of Smash and not much else. Granted it was the game a lot of people were hyped for, but not everyone. And since it was like one of the two games they had going for them barring like Pokemon Let's Go but that was earlier on, they had to keep showing it.

Like I wanna make this clear, I like the new Smash, and I'm glad we got the info. Most of that post was me being facetious for the sake of jokes. And I do believe it's highly unfair to say their Direct sucked because I didn't like most of the games shown, because of course it's not supposed to appeal just to me, and only me. That's just ludicrous bull**** entitlement right there to expect anything to be based around what only I want.
If Nintendo's E3 Direct was rated on how only I liked the games the direct would've sucked balls. I was only interested in Smash and DBFZ, the latter of whom was a brief mention. It's a good thing then there's other people not me who appreciate the RPGs for example.

However, I do think there's an argument regarding Smash took up much time. If it is because they genuinely didn't have much to show, that's fine. I do hope there's gonna be a Direct with the other Switch games. Obviously not now because we just got the bombshell that was E3, but at least something for the likes of Yoshi and Prime 4.
Reggie more or less implied that they would have more to share in the weeks/months that followed so I def think it's a case of them not wanting their announcements to be drowned by Smash.

That being said, I don't think there's much left to be announced for the Switch aside from ports and third party stuff. A Direct could happen but it would mainly be those things in addition to 3DS stuff.

Yoshi could have been shown off but the development of that game is bizzare AF given how finished it looked last year only to be delayed to 2019. Prime 4 I think wasn't in a state to be showed off yet.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I agree with this, and the funny part is I'm not even Canadian.

Anyway, concerning Smash 5...which characters are you all thinking about picking up when the game releases?
I have no idea. I'll most likely pick the "Where's More Games Not Called Smash" character. Its moveset is very refreshing and interesting.

Unfunny joke aside, I think I'll most likely try the three characters I've used in the previous games (I see the 3DS and Wii U Smash Bros. versions as separate games like Sakurai does), Dr. Mario, Dedede, and Bayonetta, and then decide from there. I don't know. Picking a character can be hard, and I don't intend on playing competitively to the massive extent the community does because I'm not in a position to learn frame data, hitboxes and all the jargon. Maybe one day.

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
Reggie more or less implied that they would have more to share in the weeks/months that followed so I def think it's a case of them not wanting their announcements to be drowned by Smash.

That being said, I don't think there's much left to be announced for the Switch aside from ports and third party stuff. A Direct could happen but it would mainly be those things in addition to 3DS stuff.
The big thing honestly more me is the Online subscription.
At the very least going into what will possibly come. Because right now it's looking a tad lacking.

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
I agree with this, and the funny part is I'm not even Canadian.

Anyway, concerning Smash 5...which characters are you all thinking about picking up when the game releases?
Roy, Cloud, Young Link, Zelda, Ganondorf. I mostly in to the Zelda crew given the cool updates they got and of course YLink returning.
At the very least going into what will possibly come. Because right now it's looking a tad lacking.
I think they pretty much outlined everything for their Online service last month.

Although I don't really like the new VC service. Guess my Wii U is good for something huh?

D

Deleted member

I don't know what else does one need to know more about the online subscription service. It won't be great and you'll just get basic features like cloud saving and rented, modified NES games. But hey, it's $20. Super cheap.

There was a problem fetching the tweet

Don't worry. Don't take the Wojak meme seriously. Just me showing my pessimism.

I think they pretty much outlined everything for their Online service last month.

Although I don't really like the new VC service. Guess my Wii U is good for something huh?
I unironically think the Wii U is a better system than Switch.

Last edited by a moderator:

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
I unironically think the Wii U is a better system than Switch.
In terms of it's VC service and lack of having to pay for online then yes I agree.

Otherwise I would have to object lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom