• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 6.0 - L'Arachel Edition, Apparently?

Best Galar Starter?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

The Stoopid Unikorn

Spiciest of Guacamoles
Switch FC
SW-4202-4979-0504
It's not really a translation goof since the design is really a hybrid of both.

They just refer to it as ALBW because it's a newer game.
I see more resemblances to ALttP, but the circlet and other things like that do take from ALBW.

It's essentially a ZSS situation where, like you just said, it's a hybrid of two games.

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
As an aside to the Zelda image, I'm really happy there's diversity when it comes to the Zelda designs. Like before it was just Twilight Princess + Wind Waker, which is fine I liked those designs. But now like all the Zelda characters represent a different portion of the franchise's history.

Of all the Nintendo franchises Zelda has been the one to redesign its characters from game to game. And it's fantastic to see Smash representing a wide variety of the different takes on the Zelda series. From Link to the Past, to Ocarina of Time, to Wind Waker, to Twilight Princess, to now Breath of the Wild.

It's neat. I like it.

Edit: As another example I would argue Mr. Game and Watch.
At first I wasn't much into his design, I liked the more consistent nature of his previous games, and in some ways still do. At the same time though I feel it helps make Mr. G&W more of a representation of his systems. Like the Game and Watch series is a very important part of Nintendo's history, and he feels like he represents it better.

Last edited:

Ivander

Smash Legend
As much as I like character content and think that balancing and making sure the gameplay is fun is very important for a fighting game, I feel secondary content is also important as well. In games that focus on multiplayer, like fighting games, while the games can be fun, it's going to get boring fast because very often, it's mainly doing the same thing with the same rules over and over again. Sure, with many characters, you'll get alot of different match-ups, but if you don't change up the rules a bit from time to time, it's going to get boring soon.
Not only that, but from time to time, you're going to have moments in which you keep getting beaten badly over and over and if you aren't enjoying them, you certainly will lose the urge to keep playing. Secondary modes and single player modes like Smash Run or Adventure mode help you relieve frustration since you aren't continuously your butt handed to you non-stop and you don't need to play seriously.
That's just my opinion. And I can honestly say that I had much more fun from games that had okay gameplay, but alot of content to do compared to games that had great gameplay, but very little things to do.
I just got my mind blown by a certain golden-plated Yuiitusin on Discord.

Translation goof?
As I said, it's both Link to the Past AND Link Between Worlds. Does no one look at her pink sash/parka/whateverwordI'mlookingfor thing?
-Link to the Past's Zelda has a Red Triforce. SBU and ALBW's Zelda have a Gold Triforce.
-The gold plating pattern around the Triforce is also from the design of LBW's pattern compared to LTTP.

Last edited:

The Stoopid Unikorn

Spiciest of Guacamoles
Switch FC
SW-4202-4979-0504
As I said, it's both Link to the Past AND Link Between Worlds. Does no one look at her pink sash/parka/whateverwordI'mlookingfor thing?
-Link to the Past's Zelda has a Red Triforce. SBU and ALBW's Zelda has a Gold Triforce.
-The gold plating pattern around the Triforce is also from the design of LBW's pattern compared to LTTP.
Still really neat to see that SNES game get some love, imo.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
And in the end, I picked up a Switch.

Also got the Wedding Mario and Wedding Peach amiibo, Mario + Rabbids: Kingdom Battle, and an N64 Logo t-shirt. And some random Yugioh stuff.

Shaq Fu: A Legend Reborn was sold out.

D

Deleted member

And in the end, I picked up a Switch.

Also got the Wedding Mario and Wedding Peach amiibo, Mario + Rabbids: Kingdom Battle, and an N64 Logo t-shirt. And some random Yugioh stuff.

Shaq Fu: A Legend Reborn was sold out.
Congratulations on the Switch! I hope you enjoy it! :)

Last edited by a moderator:

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
Alright so I got back around to playing Steamworld Dig and after less than an hour I beat the game....yeah it's pretty short, took me just over 5 hours to beat it.

While I did enjoy it, Steamworld Dig 2 surpasses it in every possible level. This just goes to show how good of a job they did with the game tbh!

Now on to Hollow Knight, been waiting for this game for a while!

Also downloaded Fortnite because...

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
Alright so I got back around to playing Steamworld Dig and after less than an hour I beat the game....yeah it's pretty short, took me just over 5 hours to beat it.

While I did enjoy it, Steamworld Dig 2 surpasses it in every possible level. This just goes to show how good of a job they did with the game tbh!

Now on to Hollow Knight, been waiting for this game for a while!

Also downloaded Fortnite because...
I love the SteamWorld Dig games. They are really good.

D

Deleted member

Sakurai must be going mad with people's obsession over purple characters
5676c6cb-b0c5-4de0-9c11-58520b8bfa08.png

Sakurai: "I added the damn space dragon, can I sleep now"
Fans: "bUT WHAT ABOUT WALUIGI!?"
Sakurai:

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
Sakurai must be going mad with people's obsession over purple characters
View attachment 148408
Sakurai: "I added the damn space dragon, can I sleep now"
Fans: "bUT WHAT ABOUT WALUIGI!?"
Sakurai:
I dint understand why they twist the words “everyone is here”, how do they not realize he means all the characters from old Smash games. :glare:

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
I picked up a Switch because I knew there would be tons of Nintendo games I'd like on it.

I was 100% right.

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
So when do we get icons for the new game ala :4mario:?

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
But..like Paper Mario still gets new games lol.

AW has been a no show for an entire decade. The last time it had a game Brawl wasn't even released yet. That should put things in to perspective.

:teeth:
Did you enjoy that?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom