• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 6.0 - L'Arachel Edition, Apparently?

Best Galar Starter?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
I just saw this gym. The find shiny deals at sprint and than the gym having a shiny made me laugh hard[/QUOTE][/QUOTE]

Last edited:

The Stoopid Unikorn

Spiciest of Guacamoles
Switch FC
SW-4202-4979-0504
So, I've been thinking about it, and I think the "Echo" rebranding is very intentional expectation tempering, because most of the newcomers we'll be getting are going to be clones.

We know we'll be getting fewer newcomers this time, as a trade-off for a full veteran roster. But Sakurai is nothing if not a guy who gives 110%. I think he's going to try and counterbalance the fact that time only allows for a small handful of "true" newcomers by filling the roster up with several new clones.

It is pretty peculiar that Samus has lost her Dark Samus alt and the Dark Samus AT is mia. Similarly, ATs like Isabelle and Shadow are both relatively popular characters and decently similar enough to existing characters that they're prime Echo material. Popular AT characters like Waluig, Midna or Takamaru don't have the luxury of having someone to Echo off of, but the ones that do are currently nowhere to be seen.
I don't see who Skull Kid and Ashley could Echo from...

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
Whenever Niles leveled up he'd say "Feels good man" which you can tell was the fan translation as he was still called Zero there
So what you are saying is the fault here is the fan translation and not the Offical fates translation of Niles And yet, people are more mad at the offical translation of the game more then the fan translation?

that boggles my mind

Last edited:

The Stoopid Unikorn

Spiciest of Guacamoles
Switch FC
SW-4202-4979-0504
I can kinda see Ashley echo off of Robin, just replace the Levin Sword with her Staff...

Skull Kid? I dunno...
Now, don't get me wrong. I do think Vaan is on to something with the Echoes and missing Assists.

I just don't think we should overgeneralize the idea. Some of the Assists that are MIA can work as Echoes for the reasons he said. But others are too unique to work that way. In the case of Ashley and Skull Kid, I can argue that either they're Assists and we don't know it yet, straight up cut or are their own unique thing.

Besides, even if we get a lot of Echoes for compensation, I very much doubt we'll only get two unique newcomers (Inkling and Ridley). I speculate five would be a decent number if Echoes are the priority.

Last edited:

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
Really enjoying this Octo Expansion so far. Haven't gotten too far yet but definitely tougher than the original Hero Mode.

Planning to block words on Twitter and YouTube to avoid spoilers for both Octo Expansion and Donkey Kong Adventure

I'm scared how the new Smash amiibos are gonna end up becoming. If we have to end up buying EVERYONE again I might as well just work 70 hours a week just for them lol
One reason I bought all 62 Smash Bros. 3DS/Wii U amiibo in card form. MILES easier and cheaper.
Now I'm threatening telling my brother to help me buy an eshop card online.

Octo Expanasion Pass is 20$ on eshop right?
Yup! Twenty bux, so go tell threaten him.

Last edited:

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
This ****ing Octo Expansion.

Just give me the ****ing Octolings skin so I can get this **** over with.

The Stoopid Unikorn

Spiciest of Guacamoles
Switch FC
SW-4202-4979-0504
This ****ing Octo Expansion.

Just give me the ****ing Octolings skin so I can get this **** over with.
Wouldn't be fun if you could just get the Octolings right away. It's practically the main selling point of the DLC, so why give it from the get go?

It'd be morally wrong to just sell a skin for 20 bucks, after all.

Burb

The Absolute Worst
I had no idea they were playable in that. So I guess slime could very well get in.
I'm not even saying I think Slime is likely.

I'm saying I used to think we'd get a FF/DQ character before Geno. It ended up being Cloud; Slime's just one of the ones I had in mind at the time.

Starlight_Lily

Stage Overflowing with Starlight
Because it's a bitchin' purple jacket.
What's not to like?
Cause he's based off of his Zero design, and I don't remember him having a Purple jacket in Zero.

Wolf is bisexual

SMASH BELONGS TO THE GAYS

/s
:250:
Your not wrong. :v

I agree!!!! As a Zard main I need rock smash.....somebody help me start a petition!!!!
Cept Charizard literally only got in cause he was part of the concept for Pokemon Trainer.

Pearl doesn’t even see the difference between inkling and octolings lol
So, she judges everyone, for who they are. Good. :v

If Geno turns out to be a newcomer I'll eat a whole shoe
Guys, I think we found, crap I forgot his name, for Smash Ultimate. :v

I do think he’s probably not high priority. The main thing with that is we don’t know how many new characters we will see so who knows.

Daisy even if she’s a clone is someone I really didn’t think much of but she could certainly contribute to know Geno is Sakurai thinks there are too many mario characters. Although I ask feel captain toad is pretty likely so if that happens Geno would probably fall even lower.

As for square I honestly never thought slime would make it. I know the series is popular, but slime never felt right imo. I thought cloud would likely get in first or even Sora because I feel Disney would probably be on board with it if no Disney characters actually were apart of the Sora moveset.

But if Disney were an issue, Geno could possibly get more notice by Sakurai. Hell he might not even want to try with Disney because it’s another company and he likely wants to only work alongside the current ones to save ime. So maybe Geno would be considered more especially based on his past thoughts.

With a seemingly big baller presence, being thought about by Sakurai almost every game, maybe it could be time.

Your points are pretty valid though, I really didn’t consider the mario reps side of things. Square being on board and the costume led me to think he could be easier to get though.

Overall seeing the final roster can yield some interesting surprises.
On Capt Toad, he does have the benefit, of already having a Toad model in the game, that he can be made from.

Fortune street is a pretty good example hm...

It’s also a mario party game which is why I feel slime works there because he doesn’t have to fight like in smash bros where he would be a bit trickier.

It is disappointing though that they haven’t done anything with Geno and mallow over the years. I wonder why square and Nintendo never wanted them in spinoffs. I guess it was hard due to their falling out but they seem pretty close now so maybe we can have the doors to Geno and Mario rpg elements really open.
Honestly, it could be a case of they forgot about them. All the staff members that worked on Super Mario RPG moved on, I think by time Square did some sports spin-off.

Zelda is based off her Link to the Past appearance not her Link Between Worlds appearance!
But she's not in her ALTTP dress. :v

Put together a mockup using this internal order Sakurai seems to be pushing, and it clicked for me why he might like it. Sticking the Original 12 all on one line is really easy for every number from the current 65 "slots" up to 72. This is NOT meant to be one of those "X number of characters left" things. Just an observation that getting the Original 12 on one line is kind of a neat way to organize things and this giant roster allows it really easily.

This is just me, but I don't like how Ridley, Inkling and Corrin are separated from their fellow Nintendo characters, I know its a really minor nitpick, and not what you were going for, it just bothers me is all.

Apparently it's expected the Trigger X Arcsys collab to be a Guilty Gear anime.

If true, I hope they look at the BlazBlue anime so they can see what not to do.
So, not a Studio Trigger fighting game, then? Lame.

I just saw this gym. The find shiny deals at sprint and than the gym having a shiny made me laugh hard
Image is broken dude.

I don't see who Skull Kid and Ashley could Echo from...
Ashley could totally be a Echo of Robin, just like how Celica could be a clone of Robin, despite Celica and Ashley's magic works completely different to Robin's magic. /s

Now, don't get me wrong. I do think Vaan is on to something with the Echoes and missing Assists.

I just don't think we should overgeneralize the idea. Some of the Assists that are MIA can work as Echoes for the reasons he said. But others are too unique to work that way. In the case of Ashley and Skull Kid, I can argue that either they're Assists and we don't know it yet, straight up cut or are their own unique thing.

Besides, even if we get a lot of Echoes for compensation, I very much doubt we'll only get two unique newcomers (Inkling and Ridley). I speculate five would be a decent number if Echoes are the priority.

It is possible some AT aren't in the demo build cause they are still being worked on. And well Ashley and Skull Kid are 2 that have effects instead of straight damage, so that is probably why they wouldn't be in the demo, those AT seem to take longer to code.

Last edited:

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
Really enjoying this Octo Expansion so far. Haven't gotten too far yet but definitely tougher than the original Hero Mode.

Planning to block words on Twitter and YouTube to avoid spoilers for both Octo Expansion and Donkey Kong Adventure
Im just gonna skip through si I can just use them online. Thats all I wanted, not to be tested really

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Cause he's based off of his Zero design, and I don't remember him having a Purple jacket in Zero.

Your not wrong. :v

Cept Charizard literally only got in cause he was part of the concept for Pokemon Trainer.

So, she judges everyone, for who they are. Good. :v

Guys, I think we found, crap I forgot his name, for Smash Ultimate. :v

On Capt Toad, he does have the benefit, of already having a Toad model in the game, that he can be made from.

Honestly, it could be a case of they forgot about them. All the staff members that worked on Super Mario RPG moved on, I think by time Square did some sports spin-off.

But she's not in her ALTTP dress. :v

This is just me, but I don't like how Ridley, Inkling and Corrin are separated from their fellow Nintendo characters, I know its a really minor nitpick, and not what you were going for, it just bothers me is all.

So, not a Studio Trigger fighting game, then? Lame.
Image is broken dude.

Ashley could totally be a Echo of Robin, just like how Celica could be a clone of Robin, despite Celica and Ashley's magic works completely different to Robin's magic. /s

It is possible some AT aren't in the demo build cause they are still being worked on. And well Ashley and Skull Kid are 2 that have effects instead of straight damage, so that is probably why they wouldn't be in the demo, those AT seem to take longer to code.[/QUOTE]

The image worked for me but now the post seems to be gone

Last edited by a moderator:

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Okay, cool. And Jesus, the coding in my post, makes your post look messy.
I know, I just reported the issue. Your post is fine on the surface but the site is giving it a second quotation for some reason

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
Wouldn't be fun if you could just get the Octolings right away. It's practically the main selling point of the DLC, so why give it from the get go?

It'd be morally wrong to just sell a skin for 20 bucks, after all.
Well at this ****ing rate I’m never gonna get the Octoling skin. I’ve beaten 5 out of the 39 maps I’ve played.

Ivander

Smash Legend
The guys who localized Awakening and Echoes. You know, the good ones. You should be afraid because we might get Fates localisation tier and thats no good.
For one, Fates already had bad writing, so regardless of who was localizing, Fates' story wasn't going to be saved. Two, whoever did localize Fates made Hoshido alot less saint-like in the ENG compared to the JP version where Hoshido was practically "can do no wrong". Also, they did listen to some requests on things people did not like in the JP version, like Soleil's Support with the Avatar/Corrin, which apparently even JP players hated the JP Support between them.
Third, it's a bit ahead to say "be very afraid" when we don't know who is localizing yet, as it may not even be the same ones who did Fates. And even then, I wouldn't say the one's who did Fates are the worst. Fates was a problem just because the writing was bad in the first place and they tried to salvage as much as possible, but obviously, their attempt was futile. But I wouldn't say they are the worst as IIRC, they also did the localization for Xenoblade X and I thought the writing was pretty good.

Either way, I would honestly say to "keep on your guard" but don't "be very afraid" when it was definitely more of Fates' issues that hurt it more than the localization team.

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
People really don't like the ***.

Or lack thereof, I suppose.
God, the more I see people complaining about this & Samus smaller breast, the more I lost brain cell.

It was funny at first, but now, it's just annoying.

AndreaAC

Ridley's Propaganda Artist
Someone seen the amount of dislikes on Snake's trailer?

Man...
:> But that shouldn't get you down, he's already in the game and it doesn't matter the dislikes in a video, he won't be kicked out. Just enjoy playing him.

The Stoopid Unikorn

Spiciest of Guacamoles
Switch FC
SW-4202-4979-0504
God, the more I see people complaining about this & Samus smaller breast, the more I lost brain cell.

It was funny at first, but now, it's just annoying.
I'm personally fine with the smaller chest. Puts emphasis on the rest of her athlete-like body, which I feel is the main point of Samus, physically speaking.

The lack of ass is honestly something I don't really care about. I'm just glad that he's back to begin with.

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
Wait people are still complaining about the reduction in size of the ass and boobs?

I thought that was a one and done situation, but apparently not.

...horny ****s. :V

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
The biggest announcement of E3 is coming.

This is coming off the heels of my Sonic Adventure playthrough going through that ridiculous mode.

*cringes*

D

Deleted member

Snake's reduced butt size is an offense to his character, who has had his great ass as a defining characteristic of his personality. Reducing it is undermining Snake's entire character arc. In this essay I will

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
More of the same games I bet.

I mean the new Smash is great and all but i've seen enough of the same thing already.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
So here's a quick and dirty test I did in regards to Sonic Generations modding.

UNSCRIPTED LOOP-DE-LOOPS WORK

THEY JUST WORK

I DIDN'T HAVE TO DO ANYTHING SPECIAL

YOU DON'T NEED SPLINES OR DASH PANELS THAT TAKE CONTROL AWAY FROM YOU

YOU JUST GO

WHY DO THEY NEVER UTILISE THIS

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
Wow they just revealed the origins of Mario's name in the stream.

I got way more than I bargained for lmao!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom