• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 6.0 - L'Arachel Edition, Apparently?

Best Galar Starter?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

vaanrose

Let's Mosey
NNID
vaanrose
3DS FC
1762-2697-1591
Switch FC
SW-4679-3965-5961
I like this but it’s bothering me that they aren’t grouped together by franchise (yes I know why they aren’t).

Possibly up to 7 more characters hype.
All that bothers me is the Echo characters. I'd prefer them where they fit chronologically. The upside to this internal order gimmick is any DLC that gets added will still fit the pattern.

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
All that bothers me is the Echo characters. I'd prefer them where they fit chronologically. The upside to this internal order gimmick is any DLC that gets added will still fit the pattern.
I just like them to be grouped together cause sometimes Ihave trouble finding characters I want to play so if they’re bunched together by franchise it makes it easier... plus it’s just more visually appealing to have them grouped up and not just all over the place.

Also seriously what mouth breather put ****ing Sheik before Zelda.

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
I mean I wouldn't mind it if the new game is like that.
But I don't know it'd just bug me franchises aren't bunched together. That's just me liking things organized in groups though.

vaanrose

Let's Mosey
NNID
vaanrose
3DS FC
1762-2697-1591
Switch FC
SW-4679-3965-5961
I just like them to be grouped together cause sometimes Ihave trouble finding characters I want to play so if they’re bunched together by franchise it makes it easier... plus it’s just more visually appealing to have them grouped up and not just all over the place.

You know, looking at the cast organized this way, it dawns on me that it integrates the cast more and feels less like a fight between franchises. You no longer see this giant block of FE character sitting next to Captain Falcon all on his lonesome.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
You know, looking at the cast organized this way, it dawns on me that it integrates the cast more and feels less like a fight between franchises. You no longer see this giant block of FE character sitting next to Captain Falcon all on his lonesome.
On the other hand, at least it's not oddly split between 4 spots. :p

Now it looks natural cause everything's done the same.

Likewise, I'm wondering if this is why Yoshi where he was in 4.

Arcanir

An old friend evolved
NNID
Shoryu91
3DS FC
4253-4855-5860
To be fair, that's how they were revealed. Sheik was shown alongside the first batch of newcomers at E3 2001 while Zelda came next at a later date.

I do agree that aesthetically it looks weird for Sheik to be listed first, but it fits the ordering of the rest of the roster.

Last edited:

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
Seeing all the characters together in vaan's mockup really is an impressive sight. It's a little bit of an eye sore despite the aesthic of the original twelve together, but wow this really is quite the roster.

And there's still more people to come over these 6 months.

powerprotoman

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5425-9729-7779
Put together a mockup using this internal order Sakurai seems to be pushing, and it clicked for me why he might like it. Sticking the Original 12 all on one line is really easy for every number from the current 65 "slots" up to 72. This is NOT meant to be one of those "X number of characters left" things. Just an observation that getting the Original 12 on one line is kind of a neat way to organize things and this giant roster allows it really easily.

this feeds into my idea of 4-6 more characters(pre dlc) quite nicely

my reasoning is we are now at 10 characters added to smash ultimate from wiiu and 3ds coutning veterans (and most base games have around a 15 additional character jump)

melee had 14
brawl had 15
smash wiiu/3ds had 14( 22 with dlc)
and as stated earlier we have the 7 returning vets and 3 Newcomers

now given the fact every games additional characters were only new fighters (outside of dlc) 4 being the minimum makes the most sense as that would put us at both 14 additional characters which is the normal amount and 7 newcomers total which is half of the normal amount

this is obviously not counting dlc because well who knows how long it could go on for we might only get 2 we might double the additional character amount, at this point its really hard to say

Last edited:

vaanrose

Let's Mosey
NNID
vaanrose
3DS FC
1762-2697-1591
Switch FC
SW-4679-3965-5961
An interesting observation when looking at the demo CSS, is I believe Sakurai has made the decision to forgo Overscan protection. This makes sense for a couple reasons; in handheld mode, Sakurai knows exactly what the image will look like for all end users, so he doesn't have to worry about losing important ui elements to edge bleed. But also, the roster is getting so cramped for space now. The space dedicated to the character images has grown from a vertical height of 470 pixels, or 43.5% of the screen, to a height of 600 pixels, or 55.5% of the screen. Notably, that increased space for the character icons allows the icons to be the same size as they were in Smash U, despite there being an additional row.

Last edited:

Chrono.

Apparently it's expected the Trigger X Arcsys collab to be a Guilty Gear anime.

If true, I hope they look at the BlazBlue anime so they can see what not to do.

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
Put together a mockup using this internal order Sakurai seems to be pushing, and it clicked for me why he might like it. Sticking the Original 12 all on one line is really easy for every number from the current 65 "slots" up to 72. This is NOT meant to be one of those "X number of characters left" things. Just an observation that getting the Original 12 on one line is kind of a neat way to organize things and this giant roster allows it really easily.

Corrin looking at Bayo like:
cornmayo.PNG

"Yeah, you gon get nerfed"

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Not sure if this has been posted yet but
Odd, because when I first saw footage on the E3 stream, I literally thought "oh, this is just the Wii U game with 3DS content plus all characters and souped-up lighting/shading effects."

I like to think of it as the Windows 8.1 or Windows 10 to the last games' Windows 8.

Last edited by a moderator:

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
Well since it's 3, almost 4 in the morning I should sleep. But before I go there's one other thing I was curious about. Here's something I stole from the all knowledgable SmashWiki:
"The partnering Ice Climber cannot act when the leader is grabbed onto. The partner is also unable to grab at all, and will taunt during the main Ice Climber's throw. These changes were likely made to prevent notoriously controversial techniques such as wobbling."

I assumed it was going to be grabs, but no it's killed the "attack out of grab" scenario. Which begs the question, will that happen to Rosalina as well?
I know Rosa had some infamy with shenanigans like acting during a grab or a grabbed state, and since it's removed for the original 2 in 1 fighter will they do the same with Luma?

Last edited:

powerprotoman

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5425-9729-7779
so something intresting i just read is diddy no longer uses his tail, this might mean dixie is an echo

vaanrose

Let's Mosey
NNID
vaanrose
3DS FC
1762-2697-1591
Switch FC
SW-4679-3965-5961
Source?

Diddy isn't in the demo.

Until you prove it this is hearsay.
The third hit of Diddy's jab combo is no longer a tail attack. You can see that in his trailer. But it's a bit of a jump to conclude that means he doesn't attack with his tail at all anymore.

Arcanir

An old friend evolved
NNID
Shoryu91
3DS FC
4253-4855-5860
Source?

Diddy isn't in the demo.

Until you prove it this is hearsay.
Looked over his footage, you can see it in his mini-trailer on the site.

As Vaanrose said though, it may not be completely gone as he still has another tail attack left that may still be present (his ledge get-up attack).

Last edited:

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
Out of everything we've learned so far my favourites are still the stage hazard toggle, Palutena's moveset not longer being terribad, and David Hayter. xD

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Not sure if this has been posted yet but
Yeah no, that's a straight up bending of terminology.

Not saying it's "just a port" (though I wouldn't blame someone considering how they've shown it off) but you'd be foolish to believe that it's built from the ground up.

If it was, they wouldn't be able to bring all of the characters and stages back like this.

Also notice how it isn't Sakurai saying this. It's just Nintendo PR trying to deflect "it's just a port" claims, which only exist because of how they chose to display the game at E3.

Silvera

Jammin' Jammies
3DS FC
4914-7114-2601
Switch FC
SW-2130-5650-7930
Has anyone mentioned this yet?

Feels like we're getting "pic of the day" again.

vaanrose

Let's Mosey
NNID
vaanrose
3DS FC
1762-2697-1591
Switch FC
SW-4679-3965-5961
So, I've been thinking about it, and I think the "Echo" rebranding is very intentional expectation tempering, because most of the newcomers we'll be getting are going to be clones.

We know we'll be getting fewer newcomers this time, as a trade-off for a full veteran roster. But Sakurai is nothing if not a guy who gives 110%. I think he's going to try and counterbalance the fact that time only allows for a small handful of "true" newcomers by filling the roster up with several new clones.

It is pretty peculiar that Samus has lost her Dark Samus alt and the Dark Samus AT is mia. Similarly, ATs like Isabelle and Shadow are both relatively popular characters and decently similar enough to existing characters that they're prime Echo material. Popular AT characters like Waluig, Midna or Takamaru don't have the luxury of having someone to Echo off of, but the ones that do are currently nowhere to be seen.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Slime also got in over them in Mario Sports Mix, where having no limbs would be every bit as big an issue as it would be for Smash.
I had no idea they were playable in that. So I guess slime could very well get in.

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
Slime also got in over them in Mario Sports Mix, where having no limbs would be every bit as big an issue as it would be for Smash.
Well Slimes are made of slime. Could just stretch a bit of itself out to grab ledges and they're plenty capable of carrying both items and enemies in the Rocket Slime series.

D

Deleted member

The guys who localized Awakening and Echoes. You know, the good ones. You should be afraid because we might get Fates localisation tier and thats no good.
I never found a problem with Treehouse's Fates localisation, all complaints I heard were regarding them supposedly shoving "memes" on the script

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
I never found a problem with Treehouse's Fates localisation, all complaints I heard were regarding them supposedly shoving "memes" on the script
1: The fan translation had Pepe memes in it
2: Yall are overreacting, Fates' writing couldn't be saved regardless of localization. I mean, OG script has Hoshido with a magical forcefield in which literally everything is perfect

D

Deleted member

1: The fan translation had Pepe memes in it
2: Yall are overreacting, Fates' writing couldn't be saved regardless of localization. I mean, OG script has Hoshido with a magical forcefield in which literally everything is perfect
What was the Pepe meme?

Jojalole

Henshin a go go baby!
Switch FC
SW 7943 9867 0675
Yeah, I personally don't find it that bad, but I still prefer Awakening and Echoes. I don't know if the voice direction is also part of the localisation group, but after Echoes I'd love to have something like that in the voice department. I am a bit concerned though since Fates DLC pack three was never brought overseas, and that's big I must say. It's more of the stuff they didn't localize than how they did it.

But what can I say, I play in Spanish, I don't really know what differences they had between the versions. I'll just hope they do a good job hahaha.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Whenever Niles leveled up he'd say "Feels good man" which you can tell was the fan translation as he was still called Zero there
How is that a Pepe meme? It's a pretty common phrase. Also seems in character for Niles given his calm and laid back nature.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
We got some screenshots of XC2 outfits from the JP Nintendo website.

So far they are pretty much just recolours.

pkxm2ku9wx311.png

>Candy Stripes Nia looks like a clown outfit
>Dromarch gets normal tiger colours

Ha, clever.

I want to go to Nia's circus.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom