• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 6.0 - L'Arachel Edition, Apparently?

Best Galar Starter?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

mario123007

HELLO, YOU HAVE ENTERED THE DUNK ZONE
NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
I'm playing a demo for Shining Resonance Refrain.

It kinda plays like Tales but ****tier, I don't mind.

Not much to say about the characters, male protag seems to be the meek dormat type.
Oh Shing Resonance Refrain has a demo? Gonna go and download it.

Eh, compare to even Ys VIII, the background doesn't look that good, nuff said when comparing to Xenoblade 2.
The artstyle of characters are good though, as usual.

And no, not gonna compare Shining Resonance Refrain to XC2 that much because it's already clear that XC2 is better, but Shining Resonance Refrain is still a JRPG I will pick up along with Ys VIII and Valkyria Chronicles 4.

I just hope Valkyria Chronicles 4 can have a demo on Switch soon.

Last edited:

Burb

The Absolute Worst
I do think he’s probably not high priority. The main thing with that is we don’t know how many new characters we will see so who knows.

Daisy even if she’s a clone is someone I really didn’t think much of but she could certainly contribute to know Geno is Sakurai thinks there are too many mario characters. Although I ask feel captain toad is pretty likely so if that happens Geno would probably fall even lower.

As for square I honestly never thought slime would make it. I know the series is popular, but slime never felt right imo. I thought cloud would likely get in first or even Sora because I feel Disney would probably be on board with it if no Disney characters actually were apart of the Sora moveset.

But if Disney were an issue, Geno could possibly get more notice by Sakurai. Hell he might not even want to try with Disney because it’s another company and he likely wants to only work alongside the current ones to save ime. So maybe Geno would be considered more especially based on his past thoughts.

With a seemingly big baller presence, being thought about by Sakurai almost every game, maybe it could be time.

Your points are pretty valid though, I really didn’t consider the mario reps side of things. Square being on board and the costume led me to think he could be easier to get though.

Overall seeing the final roster can yield some interesting surprises.

I’d say it’s a decent chance. Kamiya seems pretty happy to be apart of smash so I don’t think another bayo rep would be hard to get, especially with 3 right around the corner. Plus the the quicker devolpment time an echo would have is a pretty helpful attribute too imo
There's precedent behind my belief of FF/DQ characters being prioritized over Square's Mario OCs; Square Enix themselves put their own characters into Mario spinoffs they developed over the past two decades. The only noteworthy reference SMRPG ever received in any of them was a single music track in Fortune Street. They had the opportunity to revive characters like Geno and Mallow themselves, but seemingly chose not to.

I find it difficult to believe that if Geno couldn't get in over FF/DQ characters in a Mario-specific spinoff that FF/DQ characters arguably don't even belong in, he could get in over them in a massive crossover with a literal dozen other franchises besides Mario that he'd also have to contend with. I was more or less vindicated when Cloud was made a playable character in Smash, and all Geno got was a Mii costume.

However, like I said in my post, I no longer consider Geno a complete impossibility, and to be perfectly honest, if a second Square-owned character were to get in, I think he'd be among the likeliest (if not THE likeliest) candidate. But with the newcomer count apparently being slimmer than expected, and the Mario series already having a newcomer (regardless of clone status), it's a pretty major "if".

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
There's precedent behind my belief of FF/DQ characters being prioritized over Square's Mario OCs; Square Enix themselves put their own characters into Mario spinoffs they developed over the past two decades. The only noteworthy reference SMRPG ever received in any of them was a single music track in Fortune Street. They had the opportunity to revive characters like Geno and Mallow themselves, but seemingly chose not to.

I find it difficult to believe that if Geno couldn't get in over FF/DQ characters in a Mario-specific spinoff that FF/DQ characters arguably don't even belong in, he could get in over them in a massive crossover with a literal dozen other franchises besides Mario that he'd also have to contend with. I was more or less vindicated when Cloud was made a playable character in Smash, and all Geno got was a Mii costume.

However, like I said in my post, I no longer consider Geno a complete impossibility, and to be perfectly honest, if a second Square-owned character were to get in, I think he'd be among the likeliest (if not THE likeliest) candidate. But with the newcomer count apparently being slimmer than expected, and the Mario series already having a newcomer (regardless of clone status), it's a pretty major "if".
Fortune street is a pretty good example hm...

It’s also a mario party game which is why I feel slime works there because he doesn’t have to fight like in smash bros where he would be a bit trickier.

It is disappointing though that they haven’t done anything with Geno and mallow over the years. I wonder why square and Nintendo never wanted them in spinoffs. I guess it was hard due to their falling out but they seem pretty close now so maybe we can have the doors to Geno and Mario rpg elements really open.

Burb

The Absolute Worst
Fortune street is a pretty good example hm...

It’s also a mario party game which is why I feel slime works there because he doesn’t have to fight like in smash bros where he would be a bit trickier.

It is disappointing though that they haven’t done anything with Geno and mallow over the years. I wonder why square and Nintendo never wanted them in spinoffs. I guess it was hard due to their falling out but they seem pretty close now so maybe we can have the doors to Geno and Mario rpg elements really open.
Slime also got in over them in Mario Sports Mix, where having no limbs would be every bit as big an issue as it would be for Smash.

Yellowlord

ゆゆネーター
JFJDKDNFKDNDKS

I HATE THIS
It's ok, praline: everything will be ok. Admittedly, I think the developers really wanted to challenge the player into earning something they've been asking on for quite a while now.

At least the experience will be rewarding, I'd say. :)

Last edited:

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
So, are there any new alternate costumes/color swaps for Mega Man in Smash Ultimate yet?

Yellowlord

ゆゆネーター
So, are there any new alternate costumes/color swaps for Mega Man in Smash Ultimate yet?
Based off a preview video I saw of all the costumes, there are no new ones for Mega Man and he retains all the ones he had for Smash 4. However, I wouldn't be surprised if he gets a few new ones along with everyone else's.

Last edited:

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
It's ok, praline: everything will be ok. Admittedly, I think the developers really wanted to challenge the player into earning something they've been asking on for quite a while now.

At least the experience will be rewarding, I'd say. :)
Seriously **** this bull****. I should just get the octolings. I’ve done 15 missions and win 4.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Based off a preview video I saw of all the costumes, there are no new ones for Mega Man and he retains all the ones he had for Smash 4. However, I wouldn't be surprised if he gets a few new ones along with everyone else's.
Thanks for letting me know dude.

Oh and before I forget, Happy Birthday @ShinyLegendary.

mario123007

NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
D

Deleted member

Thank you to all users who mentioned it.
Also no profile comments, rip.
But I am happy anyways. Thank you all who mentioned me! :)

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
Oh my god... please please god I hope the competitive mode levels aren’t the ones where I get the “four thangs”

If they are then I’m never gonna get the octolings in online..

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Not all hope is lost. Ridley did not have his Meta Ridley costume selectable in the demo.
Yeah I found a video of GameExplain going through the alt colors.

Since Mac's missing some of his, and Ridley doesn't have the Meta costume, I'm thinking some characters might have more.

I want some of the more "out-there" alts for Mega Man, since he's got all of the standard/common ones from his moveset in the game already.

The Lightning Bolt from Mega Man and Bass looks pretty sick with the goldish color and the black. And Black Hole Bomb, since he uses it in his Final Smash.

Assuming he doesn't get an alt costume of Quint or Casual Mega Man or something.

EDIT: If the pictures don't show up, one's Purple/Lavender, the other is Gold/Black.

Last edited:

Androobie

Banned via Warnings
Yeah I found a video of GameExplain going through the alt colors.

Since Mac's missing some of his, and Ridley doesn't have the Meta costume, I'm thinking some characters might have more.

I want some of the more "out-there" alts for Mega Man, since he's got all of the standard/common ones from his moveset in the game already.

The Lightning Bolt from Mega Man and Bass looks pretty sick with the goldish color and the black. And Black Hole Bomb, since he uses it in his Final Smash.

Assuming he doesn't get an alt costume of Quint or Casual Mega Man or something.
Bad Box Art Mega Man or bust.

mario123007

NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
The pic from god:

Edit:
Sort of...

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I am off for night.
Good night my people.
It is no longer my birthday.
But....
It is Donald Trump's Birthday. I am not kidding.
( It is June 14th right now for me. )

Last edited by a moderator:

Yellowlord

ゆゆネーター
Seriously **** this bull****. I should just get the octolings. I’ve done 15 missions and win 4.
Oh... well, at least you seem to be making progress either way. :o

It's good to know that you don't have to beat all the missions to get access to the Octolings, on the bright side.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom