• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 6.0 - L'Arachel Edition, Apparently?

Best Galar Starter?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

The full extent of it was:

"No Cuts, Ice Climbers, Simon and Ridley" from the first of his sources.
"Snake too" from the same source at a later date, as well as doubling down that Ridley was an E3 reveal.
"Something from Minecraft, though possibly just a stage or assist." This came from a separate source that he seems to have verified.

Only Simon and the Minecraft thing haven't happened yet, and he never said they'd be at E3.
Oh, OH OH
Where can I join the CV hype train?

vaanrose

Let's Mosey
NNID
vaanrose
3DS FC
1762-2697-1591
Switch FC
SW-4679-3965-5961
I beleive he leaked TMNT coming to Injustice 2
He also leaked Zarbon for FighterZ.

The dude has a track record a mile long of just wild guessing, and when he occasionally gets something right, he doubles down on it with more wild guessing. He's been run of out the Street Fighter, Soul Calibur and FighterZ communities for all his behavior.

To note, his Source mentioned that and the Smash information.

So far, his source has been right about everything but the Castlevania stuff. It could mean one of two things; Konami decided not to show it yet(maybe the work wasn't done well enough yet) or his source lied about something. Verg I doubt would lie, but his source could. I mean, it's the same reason why I know you wouldn't lie, as you're a leaker yourself. :)
I appreciate the vote of confidence, but Verg would absolutely lie. He's been doing it for months across multiple different communities. Every single one of his past leaks has been a combination of extremely safe choice (Sakura for Street Fighter V, Broly for FighterZ, Ice Climbers for Smash) paired up with an unsafe but realistic choice (Roxie for SFV, Zarbon for FZ, and now Simon for Smash). And every time, the extremely safe choice gets in and the unsafe choices don't. When one community finally has enough of him, he packs his bag and moves on to the next.

Last edited:

Starlight_Lily

Stage Overflowing with Starlight
http://www.nintendoworldreport.com/interview/2180/gdc-2004-eiji-aonuma-zelda-roundtable

The most pertinent line: "And in the end on that game, as we got closer to finishing it, of course, Mr. Miyamoto then came in and upended the tea table, and we changed the story around quite a bit at the end with Four Swords Adventures."

What's always been interesting to me about this interview is it seems like he's doing a bit of damage control, and intentionally downplaying the similarities to AlttP when the interviewer points them out.

Meanwhile, deleted text for the game shows that the Six Maidens were original the Six Sages:

The Master Sword was once again in the Lost Woods:

And the Magic Mirror was originally an item in the game, suggesting a direct connection between FSA's Dark World and the AlttP Dark World:
Thanks. I shall check it out later.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
I appreciate the vote of confidence, but Verg would absolutely lie. He's been doing it for months across multiple different communities. Every single one of his past leaks has been a combination of extremely safe choice (Sakura for Street Fighter V, Broly for FighterZ, Ice Climbers for Smash) paired up with an unsafe but realistic choice (Roxie for STV, Zarbon for FZ, and now Simon for Smash). And every time, the extremely safe choice gets in and the unsafe choices don't. When one community finally has enough of him, he packs his bag and moves on to the next.
Fair enough.

But was it him or the sources specifically that lied?

I mean, yeah, he probably knew real information regardless. Just like Gematsu. But yeah, maybe he lied about some bits. Would hurt his credibility a lot if Simon isn't in the game at all. Though let's be honest, the fact Ridley showed up at e3 definitely gave him a boost. I'm glad for the skepticism too. He shouldn't be taken as gospel, but he shouldn't be dismissed either.

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
The full extent of it was:

"No Cuts, Ice Climbers, Simon and Ridley" from the first of his sources.
"Snake too" from the same source at a later date, as well as doubling down that Ridley was an E3 reveal.
"Something from Minecraft, though possibly just a stage or assist." This came from a separate source that he seems to have verified.

Only Simon and the Minecraft thing haven't happened yet, and he never said they'd be at E3.
If Steve isn't playable, I will be.... mildly disappointed....

...I got Young Link- I can't be mad. :V

Arcanir

An old friend evolved
NNID
Shoryu91
3DS FC
4253-4855-5860
I took another look at the costume video and something caught my eye with PT

Assuming I got PTs costumes right:
Red
Leaf
Ethan
May (Emerald)
Lucas
Hilda (I thought it was Dawn, but she lacks the blue pants that Leaf has in this costume, which Hilda does have, and the white is more prominent with Hilda)
Calem
Selene (Ultra Moon)

That's essentially the original duo from the remakes, then one costume referencing one of the protagonists from each generation. That's a pretty nice touch and showcases the franchises history.

Last edited:

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
Now I regret making that post and I feel ashamed. :(
Sorry if my post offended you. I should of not said that.
Baaah, if I let you feel bad about it people would hound me about not letting Nintendo accept consequences for their actions or whatever it is people say.

Personally I don't find it enjoyable to circle Treehouse like a hawk when I know nothing I like is likely to be on. If there is good stuff, they usually record it for later anyway, it's best to only watch the stuff you know for sure will have big announcements. Meanwhile I've seen half a decade of E3's and not one has lived up to anyone's expectations of what it should be, so the blood pressure rise of lamenting that it wasn't more just isn't worth it for me. Too bad for me I empathize with you so much that when I see you going through it I have sympathy angst that I don't want to have, LOL.

ResetERA.txt
:061:
I let out a puff of air.

So many people there thought he was happening this game for. . .no functional reason.

Well we have yellow Mii hair this time, guys. Have fun.

Chrono.

Fair enough.

I mean, yeah, he probably knew real information regardless. Just like Gematsu. But yeah, maybe he lied about some bits. Would hurt his credibility a lot if Simon isn't in the game at all. Though let's be honest, the fact Ridley showed up at e3 definitely gave him a boost. I'm glad for the skepticism too. He shouldn't be taken as gospel, but he shouldn't be dismissed either.
The thing about Verge is that he has been caught lying before, particularly during his first stint at trying to "leak" FighterZ.

Said that Goku Black and Hit were likely DLC and that Beerus was likely for the base roster. Of course this was before a V-Jump scan that had seemingly leaked Beerus and Hit was floating around. When that scan dropped he edited his original leak to say that Beerus and Hit were both gonna be in the game in the base roster, but he kept Goku Black as DLC, which ended up being his biggest mistake.

Because a higher quality version of the same scan showed up weeks later, and it had Goku Black in it, a character everyone (including Verge, evidently) assumed to be Kid Buu before.

That pretty much killed his credibility for me.
ResetERA.txt
Oh god it's a thing.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
The thing about Verge is that he has been caught lying before, particularly during his first stint at trying to "leak" FighterZ.

Said that Goku Black and Hit were likely DLC and that Beerus was likely for the base roster. Of course this was before a V-Jump scan that had seemingly leaked Beerus and Hit was floating around. When that scan dropped he edited his original leak to say that Beerus and Hit were both gonna be in the game in the base roster, but he kept Goku Black as DLC, which ended up being his biggest mistake.

Because a higher quality version of the same scan showed up weeks later, and it had Goku Black in it, a character everyone (including Verge, evidently) assumed to be Kid Buu before.

That pretty much killed his credibility for me.
Ahhhh, I see. So pretty much he has dubious credibility. Makes sense.

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
Here are my Smash expectations for the end of the event:
Dude's 50/50 at best. However Simon pretty much is in the realm of possibility now, but I don't expect to see them toss another bombshell now when they're confident that Ridley and everyone's return is enough.

My bad foresight predicts a September reveal.

Last edited:

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
I really hope custom moves return for the Echo Fighters alone. I'd love to make them all the more different from their counter parts and really hope they don't share custom moves with them.

Also I hope Daisy gets a sports outfit alt.

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
Read the volume 3 manga of Splatoon while waiting for the Octo Expansion (love it).

I know the manga is non-canon and many stuff was done for comedic purposes, but I like that it shows Inkling hair isn't too different to human hair as electric razors pretty much work the same.
The manga also shows another Hero Mode agent

When reenacting Splatoon 1's Hero Mode , the protagonist Goggles is Agent 3 while his rival Rider teams up with him and he is Agent 3.5 :laugh:

Sux that volume 4 isn't coming out until September.

Chrono.

Dude's 50/50 at best. However Simon pretty much is in the realm of possibility now, but I don't expect to see them toss another bombshell now when they're confident that Ridley and everyone's return is enough.

My bad foresight predicts a September reveal.
Smh for making me thinking they added gen 3 emotes.

vaanrose

Let's Mosey
NNID
vaanrose
3DS FC
1762-2697-1591
Switch FC
SW-4679-3965-5961
Fair enough.

Chrono's covered why he's got a track record of lying, so I won't repeat that.

But I don't consider Ridley at E3 a boost to his credibility, at all. Nor Ice Climbers or Snake.

I'm far from the only one who's been saying this game is likely to be heavily based on the ballot. Everything we've seen so far, from including the entire extended cast, to the 70+ stages, now with Battlefield forms and Stage Hazard toggles, to small character changes like giving Ganon a sword, Wario his Shoulder Bash, or Zelda being able to act out of Din's Fire, it's all stuff the fans have been clamoring for.

And Ridley is the most requested character in the history of the franchise. This ain't Duck Hunt Dog he leaked. If you assume Sakurai is going to use the ballot when deciding the roster, he's the most obvious choice.

In fact, I think it speaks VOLUMES that he only leaked the two vets that people actually wanted (sorry not sorry Wolf fans). There's no Pichu or Ivysaur in this leak, because nobody was really begging for them back or mass voting for them in the ballot. They weren't half as safe to be on his leak, and that's why they weren't there, imo.

The only thing that will convince me he may be legitimate is a Symphony of the Night compilation. Because Symphony of the Night is already a big enough game to warrant a re-release completely on its own, it's probably the least safe guess he's made to say it's coming in a compilation pack.

Robert of Normandy

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
NNID
shinpichu
3DS FC
2251-3915-5139
Switch FC
SW-4957-7233-2307
I doubt we'll see anything more. By this point in E3 after the Smash 4 trailer, we had already gotten WFT confirmed, so if there was anything else to show I think we'd have seen it.

Hopefully the people waiting for Simon or whoever else don't get too desperate. I remember that happened too after the Smash 4 reveal, with people upset nothing new was shown after WFT.

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
Dude's 50/50 at best. However Simon pretty much is in the realm of possibility now, but I don't expect now to see them toss another bombshell when they're confident that Ridley and everyone's return is enough.
TBH, it's weird to me because Simon was always in the realm of possibility for me because he's one of the few really big NES icons left. I never needed a leak to tell me that, Ryu and Bayo proved the "one per company" thing was utter nonsense and Konami doesn't have an actively negative relationship with Nintendo even if they do with Kojima and Sakurai and Kojima are BFFs. But now the leak has me actively keeping an eye to see if it's gonna go through, even when Simon was already pretty much my top third party prediction as it was.

Captain N. . .may have had a bit to do with it, TBH.

Actually, has everyone here seen Captain N? I still remember the first time I showed it to this crowd and multiple people recoiling in horror, LOL.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
They just casually dropped that Daemon X Machina is next.

Great way to promote a new IP Nintendo.

:rolleyes:

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
I really am surprised both new characters revealed were Nintendo characters and there was no hype third party character.

Maybe Sakurai thought Snake's return was hype enough to cover third party hype?
This is probably the case from the looks of things.
They mentioned they'll be showing a new 3DS IP later but that was hours ago.

I can't believe we're calling Verge a proven credible leaker.

I mean in this case he seems to be, but it's still weird given his past lol.

No cuts as well (which was a semi popular theory but I digress.)

EDIT: Oh and Snake, Opo pointed it out.
Correct me if I’m wrong, but hasn’t zef(that leaker on reset era who detailed everything on the Pokémon press conference beforehand and was backed by Emily rogers). Backed up the smash rumor from verge too?

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
They just casually dropped that Daemon X Machina is next.

Great way to promote a new IP Nintendo.

:rolleyes:
Yeah Daemon X Machina's getting shafted pretty hard, LOL. A trailer at the beginning of a Direct where people only really wanted Smash and that's about it until this.

I mean granted it doesn't look like it has the kind of IP power to sell in the first place regardless of what Nintendo does with it, but they're still sending it out to die.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Did you not watch the E3 event? It was shown in it.
Yeah but if you want to promote a new IP you should use all of your social channels and give it more focus rather than showing it at the end of a stream everyone has tuned out from and only announcing that you're showing at that stream.

And everyone at E3 is too busy playing E3 to pay attention.

Starlight_Lily

Stage Overflowing with Starlight
I really hope custom moves return for the Echo Fighters alone. I'd love to make them all the more different from their counter parts and really hope they don't share custom moves with them.

Also I hope Daisy gets a sports outfit alt.
Yes, I would love that. Though I want sports alt for Peach and Rosalina to,

Though its more fitting for Daisy, cause she's supposed to be the sporty Princess.

TBH, it's weird to me because Simon was always in the realm of possibility for me because he's one of the few really big NES icons left. I never needed a leak to tell me that, Ryu and Bayo proved the "one per company" thing was utter nonsense and Konami doesn't have an actively negative relationship with Nintendo even if they do with Kojima and Sakurai and Kojima are BFFs. But now the leak has me actively keeping an eye to see if it's gonna go through, even when Simon was already pretty much my top third party prediction as it was.

Captain N. . .may have had a bit to do with it, TBH.

Actually, has everyone here seen Captain N? I still remember the first time I showed it to this crowd and multiple people recoiling in horror, LOL.
I've seen Capt N, so's Verde Coeden Scalesworth Verde Coeden Scalesworth , she's a fan.

Yeah Daemon X Machina's getting shafted pretty hard, LOL. A trailer at the beginning of a Direct where people only really wanted Smash and that's about it until this.

I mean granted it doesn't look like it has the kind of IP power to sell in the first place regardless of what Nintendo does with it, but they're still sending it out to die.
Well, it maybe just be early days for it. Plus do was actually know this is a Nintendo owned IP, and not just a third party game exclusive to the Switch?

Daemon X Machina is a game where you play as a mercenary in a mech, loot robots and blow them the **** up or slash them with a sword. You can destroy buildings and you slide on the ground too. You can shoot down enemy fire and we already know there will be big enemies

dayyyyyyyyyyyyyyy oneeeeeeeeeeeee

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom