• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 6.0 - L'Arachel Edition, Apparently?

Best Galar Starter?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Chrono.

I really am surprised both new characters revealed were Nintendo characters and there was no hype third party character.

Maybe Sakurai thought Snake's return was hype enough to cover third party hype?
Not just Snake, but all the third parties (+ Bomberman AT.)

Especially since characters like Cloud and Ryu coming back seemed dubious, Cloud mainly.

Starlight_Lily

Stage Overflowing with Starlight
I think Samus was just sick of the Dragons **** lol
Yep, she just wants this damn dragon to just stay dead for once.

Man Nintendo is doing 2 fighting games a year. Arms and Pokken, Smash Bros Ultimate and Mario Tennis Aces. Next year Soul Emblem and Punch Out! please.
Yes, give me Soul Emblem.

Anouma gave an interview at GDC in 2004 where he talks about Miyamoto and his involvement with FSA.
And because of how late into production it occurred, FSA has a ton of dummied out content still on the disc but not regularly accessible, including the original script (all in Japanese, of course). The connection to AlttP is quite explicit in the original text.
Oh, okay. Is that GDC interview online?

I can find the rest on sites like Cutting room floor.

I wonder how they'd make Simon work.

Had this crazy idea where someone with a whip or a grappling hook could just use it to approach or drag someone towards them with a ranged command grzb using said item.
They'd probably base him off a Whip Martial arts. Or just use all his sub-weapons. :v

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
I mean, I really want Simon, but Im not expecting him at all at this point. Or at least during this event

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
How I thought for soecials for Simon would be like all 4 being projectiles. He’d probably not have a great revovery.

I thought of B being dagger, side b being cross, down b being holy water and up b being ax.

D

Deleted member

I can't believe people are expecting Simon just because of that leak. You're all just setting yourself up for disappointment
When did Chrom have any association to electricity?

Anyway, guys why not make Chrom a Lucina echo fighter. :troll:

Well, Pokemon Trainer's concept was always switching, that's what made Sakurai choose them. Remove the Switching aspect, and Sakurai probably wouldn't have brought them back.

What, LA didn't get retconned to before the Oracle games.

See, specifically between ALLTP and LA, is the Oracle games.

You know, when watching the trailer, I read Samus more as being annoyed, and thinking, not this ******* again.
Do you know what a retcon is?
https://zeldadungeon.net/forum/threads/timeline-retcon-in-hyrule-encyclopedia.59147/

Ivander

Smash Legend
I wonder how they'd make Simon work.

Had this crazy idea where someone with a whip or a grappling hook could just use it to approach or drag someone towards them with a ranged command grzb using said item.
All directional attacking! That was practically the highlight for Castlevania 4, was that you could attack in all directions, including diagonal. You know how when you jab or strong attack forward, you can sometimes aim slightly higher or lower. Imagine his Strong attack being his classic Whip attack, now imagine him being able to move it diagonal up or diagonal down. Next imagine him in the air. Now imagine him using his whip when he attacks forward, but can also attack diagonal up or diagonal down. Allowing him to attack in all directions as well as diagonal would easily be his highlight.
There's also his Sub-weapons, like Daggers, Axes, Boomerangs and Holy Water. And his Final Smash could be one of his Supers, most likely his Boomerang Super.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
To be honest, these Treehouse streams are some of the least interesting in a while.

Only major announcement or new thing that they showed off was Xenoblade Chronicles 2 Challenge Mode and it's release date.

D

Deleted member

I can't believe people are expecting Simon just because of that leak. You're all just setting yourself up for disappointment
I don't even want Simon.
But this leak seems pretty damn legit right now

Ivander

Smash Legend
How I thought for soecials for Simon would be like all 4 being projectiles. He’d probably not have a great revovery.

I thought of B being dagger, side b being cross, down b being holy water and up b being ax.
Actually, his Up-B can be an Uppercut or Super Jump, as those 2 abilities are common throughout the series. His Up-Smash should be the Axe Sub-weapon. Dagger, Cross/Boomerang and Holy Water are definitely no brainers for those spots.

Last edited:

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Why are they showing Octo Expansion again?

They just showed it a bit ago, and it's literally out today.

Last edited:

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
What are they gonna do? Nintendo announced so few games. They have nothing to focus on but repeating everything.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208

Do you know what a retcon is?
https://zeldadungeon.net/forum/threads/timeline-retcon-in-hyrule-encyclopedia.59147/
"I can't believe people are expecting a character that a proven-credible leaker said is in the game."

His source was legit. Simon also isn't the type of character to be dropped for uniqueness or technical issues mid-development. Don't be one of those "Gematsu was a lucky guess" people.

vaanrose

Let's Mosey
NNID
vaanrose
3DS FC
1762-2697-1591
Switch FC
SW-4679-3965-5961
Oh, okay. Is that GDC interview online?

I can find the rest on sites like Cutting room floor.
http://www.nintendoworldreport.com/interview/2180/gdc-2004-eiji-aonuma-zelda-roundtable

The most pertinent line: "And in the end on that game, as we got closer to finishing it, of course, Mr. Miyamoto then came in and upended the tea table, and we changed the story around quite a bit at the end with Four Swords Adventures."

What's always been interesting to me about this interview is it seems like he's doing a bit of damage control, and intentionally downplaying the similarities to AlttP when the interviewer points them out.

Meanwhile, deleted text for the game shows that the Six Maidens were original the Six Sages:

どこかで、あったかのぉ? ワシの他にも、6人の賢者が身を潜めている きっとお前達の、力になるだろう
Where was it, though? Six sages other than me are hiding. Surely they can aid you, I think.

The Master Sword was once again in the Lost Woods:

この先、マスターソードあります。お見逃し無く!
The Master Sword is up ahead. Don't miss it!
And the Magic Mirror was originally an item in the game, suggesting a direct connection between FSA's Dark World and the AlttP Dark World:

しまった! うごけない!マジカルミラーをつかって もどるしかない!
You can't move! You can't use the Magical Mirror to return!

D

Deleted member

I don't even want Simon.
But this leak seems pretty damn legit right now
All it got "right" was Ice Climbers(who literally everyone and their dogs were expecting) and Ridley(who had rumor talk about him months ago and every fake leak has been banking on him).

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
All it got "right" was Ice Climbers(who literally everyone and their dogs were expecting) and Ridley(who had rumor talk about him months ago and every fake leak has been banking on him).
And the fact that there was No Cuts, and that Snake was back.

Your ignorance is showing.

Chrono.

What are they gonna do? Nintendo announced so few games. They have nothing to focus on but repeating everything.
They mentioned they'll be showing a new 3DS IP later but that was hours ago.
"I can't believe people are expecting a character that a proven-credible leaker said is in the game."

His source was legit. Simon also isn't the type of character to be dropped for uniqueness or technical issues mid-development. Don't be one of those "Gematsu was a lucky guess" people.
I can't believe we're calling Verge a proven credible leaker.

I mean in this case he seems to be, but it's still weird given his past lol.
No cuts as well (which was a semi popular theory but I digress.)

EDIT: Oh and Snake, Opo pointed it out.

Last edited:

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
Ughh.
Just give me Animal Crossing or a new Smash Bros. Character please. Or even great third party ports or announcements.
*beans with stuffed animal*

The ResetERA Nintendo stock thread is already a massive glob of people whining about how Nintendo didn't give them their hopes and dreams on a platter and the Direct is over and done. We're all a little thirsty for newcomers right now, but you just got the best Smash Bros ever announced. It's been a day, people are still fully processing everything that's even in Ultimate as it is. Like I expect this from ResetERA but I have higher standards for you.

I'm not saying I wouldn't love a newcomer announcement, I would, but maybe instead of watching games you know you don't want you can soak more in the game that you do? That's what I'm doing. Announcement reactions, extended loops of new songs and remixes, poking through this spot or that on the official website a bit at a time. That's the hype life. I lived through an entire year of people only having the promise of Smash and two years of newcomers being rolled out every few months, I think we can all collectively survive six months with reveals peppered in if we treat ourselves right.

vaanrose

Let's Mosey
NNID
vaanrose
3DS FC
1762-2697-1591
Switch FC
SW-4679-3965-5961

Where's the games he leaked at? I'm asking, cause I can't find anything online about the games Konami is showing on the floor. Frankly, if there's not a Symphony of the Night compilation game at E3 right now, Vergebon is not proven-credible.

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
Where's the games he leaked at? I'm asking, cause I can't find anything online about the games Konami is showing on the floor. Frankly, if there's not a Symphony of the Night compilation game at E3 right now, Vergebon is not proven-credible.
I beleive he leaked TMNT coming to Injustice 2

D

Deleted member

And the fact that there was No Cuts, and that Snake was back.

Your ignorance is showing.
They mentioned they'll be showing a new 3DS IP later but that was hours ago.

I can't believe we're calling Verge a proven credible leaker.

I mean in this case he seems to be, but it's still weird given his past lol.

No cuts as well (which was a semi popular theory but I digress.)

EDIT: Oh and Snake, Opo pointed it out.
What are you guys talking about? The only thing I ever saw going around were IC, Ridley and Simon

Robert of Normandy

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
NNID
shinpichu
3DS FC
2251-3915-5139
Switch FC
SW-4957-7233-2307
Somehow I missed the news about the second Octopath demo.

Hopefully it comes early in the morning, I have a flight at 10 AM and won't be home until Monday. :(

Chrono.

I think the JUMP crossover game is the only thing he got really right. Or at least that's the one I see people mentioning.

But he's been known to take bits and pieces from other leaks and rumors he finds. As well as edit his posts to make himself look legit.

Also I haven't seen his original leaked list in this particular case.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
To note, his Source mentioned that and the Smash information.

So far, his source has been right about everything but the Castlevania stuff. It could mean one of two things; Konami decided not to show it yet(maybe the work wasn't done well enough yet) or his source lied about something. Verg I doubt would lie, but his source could. I mean, it's the same reason why I know you wouldn't lie, as you're a leaker yourself. :)

D

Deleted member

The ResetERA Nintendo stock thread is already a massive glob of people whining about how Nintendo didn't give them their hopes and dreams on a platter and the Direct is over and done. We're all a little thirsty for newcomers right now, but you just got the best Smash Bros ever announced. It's been a day, people are still fully processing everything that's even in Ultimate as it is. Like I expect this from ResetERA but I have higher standards for you.

I'm not saying I wouldn't love a newcomer announcement, I would, but maybe instead of watching games you know you don't want you can soak more in the game that you do? That's what I'm doing. Announcement reactions, extended loops of new songs and remixes, poking through this spot or that on the official website a bit at a time. That's the hype life. I lived through an entire year of people only having the promise of Smash and two years of newcomers being rolled out every few months, I think we can all collectively survive six months with reveals peppered in if we treat ourselves right.
Well you are right. Thank you for viewing me with higher standards than ResetEra, I am usually placed low in the social category by people like you guys. I am not whining in the chat, do not worry.

I was just getting too greedy when I posted that. Do not view me as a person who whines about everything, I am very greatful for this E3. I am happy with how much Smash content we got.

EA was the only E3 that made me disappointed.

D

Deleted member

Welp I'm going to bed. I may or may not be active tomorrow, so I'll see you on the other side.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
I was gonna go to bed and decided to look at GameXplain for a sec and their Ridley footage implies Ridley can grab people and drag them to the bottom of the stage if command grabbed midair. Sorry Ganon, your dunk's been nerfed too hard, imma drag people to hell with Scott the purple dinosaur now

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
What are you guys talking about? The only thing I ever saw going around were IC, Ridley and Simon
The full extent of it was:

"No Cuts, Ice Climbers, Simon and Ridley" from the first of his sources.
"Snake too" from the same source at a later date, as well as doubling down that Ridley was an E3 reveal.
"Something from Minecraft, though possibly just a stage or assist." This came from a separate source that he seems to have verified.

Only Simon and the Minecraft thing haven't happened yet, and he never said they'd be at E3.

D

Deleted member

Now I regret making that post and I feel ashamed. :(
Sorry if my post offended you. I should of not said that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom