• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 6.0 - L'Arachel Edition, Apparently?

Best Galar Starter?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
If both Snake's Codec and Palutena's Guidance return, they better sure as hell have a crossover of the two or I'm canceling my preorder.

D

Deleted member

The pokemon trainer should have been split so you still play as him but you only use 1 of the three pokemon the hwole match.
I actually like what they did with Pokemon trainer.
No stamina anymore!

Hat N' Clogs

John Tavares is a Leaf
3DS FC
1650-2469-6836
Switch FC
SW-3519-9567-9870
Looking at Little Mac, I feel like he was a little bit faster in Smash 4 than Ultimate.
At least Little Mac has a better recovery.
This applies to a lot of characters in Ultimate so far. The engine itself is slightly faster compared to Smash 4 and even faster still compared to Brawl, but not quite as fast as Melee or PM.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
This applies to a lot of characters in Ultimate so far. The engine itself is slightly faster compared to Smash 4 and even faster still compared to Brawl, but not quite as fast as Melee or PM.
A faster engine means slower characters?

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Goddammit I am waaaaay too impatient I wanma see Simon I want the game I want to play as every character to see how I enjoy them I wanna see more of those cool alts like Meta Ridley and Pika Libre I wanna see if we got more Echoes like Shadow, Isabelle or Chrom the game comes out 10 days before my goddamn birthday this isn't fair

D

Deleted member

Hyrule Historia placed LA after the Oracle games.

And well, LA original back story was that it was ALTTP Link.

So, Link was always on a boat for no reason originally in LA. :v
As I said, it got retconnected with the release of BotW
Now Oracle takes place after LA and Oracle Link is a differemt one from ALTTP and LA, while before he was the same
I’m not sure if this adds anything to any conversation, but apparently Zelda Williams is a Zelda/Sheik main. I mean, to be honest, who else would someone named Zelda Williams main? Robin?

There was a problem fetching the tweet
Tbh, if I had a character in Smash with the same name as me, you bet I'd main them
WE HAVE RENDERS FOR THE NEW BLADES.

AND LOOK AT THOSE ARTS.

OH PLEASE, I NEED THIS JIN IN MY PARTY, Ô PLEASE ARCHITECT MAKE IT HAPPEN.
>Ahoge
Shulk confirmed a Saberface

D

Deleted member

The only reasons I'm waiting for the Belmont reveal is because A. It's Smash news, which is a great thing by virtue, B. I have a friend that would be super salty about him getting in because he has a weird hate boner for Simon's classic design, and I'm petty af, and C. I wanna listen to those Castlevania remixes.
I have little interest in Simon himself, however. Wouldn't upset me, but I wouldn't be massively excited.

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
FEHPros, quick question:
Flame Siegmund or Refined Siegmund (Skill) for regular Ephraim?

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
The only reasons I'm waiting for the Belmont reveal is because A. It's Smash news, which is a great thing by virtue, B. I have a friend that would be super salty about him getting in because he has a weird hate boner for Simon's classic design, and I'm petty af, and C. I wanna listen to those Castlevania remixes.
I have little interest in Simon himself, however. Wouldn't upset me, but I wouldn't be massively excited.
I imagine we would get the Barbarian look since that’s what more people recognize I imagine

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
What excites me the most for more newcomers is how good Ridley's was. It was a neat SSE callback, kinda references Alien, which is a big influence on Metroid and nails Samus and Ridley's characterization. Samus taking a deep breath to mentally prepare herself for what she knows is coming is great way to acknowledge her PTSD, and Ridley's surprisingly good facial expressions when clasping his hands menacingly or ****ing around with Mario's hat REALLY show off his personality, I LOVE it and I need more

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
Goddammit I am waaaaay too impatient I wanma see Simon I want the game I want to play as every character to see how I enjoy them I wanna see more of those cool alts like Meta Ridley and Pika Libre I wanna see if we got more Echoes like Shadow, Isabelle or Chrom the game comes out 10 days before my goddamn birthday this isn't fair
I wanna hear the Castlevania music that gets redone for Smash. That’ll be hype

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
You can play Smash at Nintendo NY tomorrow.

D

Deleted member

I said Little mac's run speed felt a little bit slower in Ultimate than Smash 4. Cloud also felt slower.
But I think a lot of characters got buffed and faster, so almost every character will be viable. Kind of like Project M.

Jojalole

Henshin a go go baby!
Switch FC
SW 7943 9867 0675
FEHPros, quick question:
Flame Siegmund or Refined Siegmund (Skill) for regular Ephraim?
I think I already answered that question when you asked whether to upgrade Lilina or Ephraim's weapon, but I'll do it again hahaha. I think his regular refine is better than flame Siegmund. For flame Siegmund you want to be alone so you can double, and since Ephraim is an infantry unit, it would be harder to meet that condition, while regular Siegmund can always double when you initiate combat with the HP above 90%. You can keep him healthy by giving him Renewal or having him with a healer, and Ephraim himself will be able to buff his teammates, plus it gives more arena points if you are into that.

So yeah, go regular refine.

Starlight_Lily

Stage Overflowing with Starlight
Nah, make him of Ike. Just removing the fire and add electricity.
When did Chrom have any association to electricity?

Anyway, guys why not make Chrom a Lucina echo fighter. :troll:

The pokemon trainer should have been split so you still play as him but you only use 1 of the three pokemon the hwole match.
Well, Pokemon Trainer's concept was always switching, that's what made Sakurai choose them. Remove the Switching aspect, and Sakurai probably wouldn't have brought them back.

As I said, it got retconnected with the release of BotW
Now Oracle takes place after LA and Oracle Link is a differemt one from ALTTP and LA, while before he was the same
What, LA didn't get retconned to before the Oracle games.

See, specifically between ALLTP and LA, is the Oracle games.

What excites me the most for more newcomers is how good Ridley's was. It was a neat SSE callback, kinda references Alien, which is a big influence on Metroid and nails Samus and Ridley's characterization. Samus taking a deep breath to mentally prepare herself for what she knows is coming is great way to acknowledge her PTSD, and Ridley's surprisingly good facial expressions when clasping his hands menacingly or ****ing around with Mario's hat REALLY show off his personality, I LOVE it and I need more
You know, when watching the trailer, I read Samus more as being annoyed, and thinking, not this asshole again.

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
Man Nintendo is doing 2 fighting games a year. Arms and Pokken, Smash Bros Ultimate and Mario Tennis Aces. Next year Soul Emblem and Punch Out! please.

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
This japanese woman is kinda bad at talking lol

Also I just realized something... where the hell is Audrey?

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
This japanese woman is kinda bad at talking lol

Also I just realized something... where the hell is Audrey?
well I mean she is either 1) Nervous or 2) Is probably still learning english but her english is perfect actualy. I find the way she talks cute personally

Last edited:

vaanrose

Let's Mosey
NNID
vaanrose
3DS FC
1762-2697-1591
Switch FC
SW-4679-3965-5961
I have to ask, do you have sources for all this? One is cause I like to see documented design notes of game designers.

And well, lately I've seen a problem of people saying Miyamoto said this, when in fact, he never actually did.
Anouma gave an interview at GDC in 2004 where he talks about Miyamoto and his involvement with FSA.
And because of how late into production it occurred, FSA has a ton of dummied out content still on the disc but not regularly accessible, including the original script (all in Japanese, of course). The connection to AlttP is quite explicit in the original text.

Ivander

Smash Legend
If we get Simon, I imagine that if we don't get his Classic design or Simon's Quest design, we'll get his Chronicles look.
Link if img don't work.
https://vignette.wikia.nocookie.net..._Render.png/revision/latest?cb=20170516045414
I mean, it's easily one of his most recognizable looks, as:
A - It's the form that was used alot in many different crossovers, like DreamMix TV Fighters
B - It was used as the basis for his Judgement and Mirror of Fate designs.
C - It's probably the best design in terms of not being too flashy and not being too archaic. It's also easy to use for alternates colors, as you can easily change his red hair and black armor to different colors without them clashing much. And he has alot of potential for alternate colors.

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-72Ey11lENtw/Tk5HZd8xEvI/AAAAAAAAIec/LTHyoPypbnU/s1600/Akumajou_Dracula_%28X68000%29_09_Simons.png
https://vignette.wikia.nocookie.net...nt_-_01.jpg/revision/latest?cb=20170930101443
And that's not even counting the different Belmonts and main characters like Alucard for inspirations.
Fingers crossed for Balrog's theme and Metal Gear Solid's main theme.
Just give me one Final Fantasy 7 Remix and we're good. Also more than 2 FF7 tracks.

Last edited:

The Stoopid Unikorn

Spiciest of Guacamoles
Switch FC
SW-4202-4979-0504
I wonder how they'd make Simon work.

Had this crazy idea where someone with a whip or a grappling hook could just use it to approach or drag someone towards them with a ranged command grzb using said item.

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
If we get Simon, I imagine that if we don't get his Classic design or Simon's Quest design, we'll get his Chronicles look.
Link if img don't work.
https://vignette.wikia.nocookie.net..._Render.png/revision/latest?cb=20170516045414
I mean, it's easily one of his most recognizable looks, as:
A - It's the form that was used alot in many different crossovers, like DreamMix TV Fighters
B - It was used as the basis for his Judgement and Mirror of Fate designs.
C - It's probably the best design in terms of not being too flashy and not being too archaic. It's also easy to use for alternates colors, as you can easily change his red hair and black armor to different colors without them clashing much. And he has alot of potential for alternate colors.

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-72Ey11lENtw/Tk5HZd8xEvI/AAAAAAAAIec/LTHyoPypbnU/s1600/Akumajou_Dracula_%28X68000%29_09_Simons.png
https://vignette.wikia.nocookie.net...nt_-_01.jpg/revision/latest?cb=20170930101443
And that's not even counting the different Belmonts and main characters like Alucard for inspirations.

Just give me one Final Fantasy 7 Remix and we're good. Also more than 2 FF7 tracks.
The chronicles look is definitely what we will get.

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
I really am surprised both new characters revealed were Nintendo characters and there was no hype third party character.

Maybe Sakurai thought Snake's return was hype enough to cover third party hype?

D

Deleted member

I sincerely hope his falling speed isn't the same as the old school Castlevania games. Same with his air speed for that matter.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom