• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 6.0 - L'Arachel Edition, Apparently?

Best Galar Starter?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

The Stoopid Unikorn

Spiciest of Guacamoles
Switch FC
SW-4202-4979-0504
When you beat someone with Young Link, it's like, duh, it's the Hero of Time, of course he'll win, that's nothing special.

Beat someone with Toon Link, you're beating them with a baby faced kid with cat eyes wearing Grandma's homemade pajamas. It's demoralizing.

And isn't that half the fun?
That same kid can control the winds with a stick though. And he chooses not to use it. :p

lol I didn't mean it like that.

I think Shadow will be playable in some capacity anyway, whether it's an EF or a full character.
Yeah, could see Shadow happen.

Chaos Control as a Witch Time clone? :^)

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
Toon Link definitely feels more zoner-y this time around though. Like I've noticed more of an emphasis on one-hit quick moves.
Like his F-Smash for example looks to be changed from the hit twice attack he always had.

Maybe I should be Young Link.
(Side note I'm never gonna have a good answer for this.)

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Yeah, but he started to become his own thing. He can warp around, use the rocket shoes he has, Chaos Spear, etc.

He deserves more than just the Echo treatment.

But either way, Shadow's not impossible if he's not an AT.
But considering how they're kinda pressed for newcomer spaces this time (not LITERAL spaces but you know what I mean), I can see them making Shadow an Echo Fighter so they can ultimately get more characters in.

And like I said, Shadow has a history of being a Sonic clone to some degree.

Games where Shadow is a Sonic clone
-Sonic Adventure 2
-Sonic Heroes
-Sonic Forces

Games where Shadow is a unique character
-Sonic Battle
-Sonic and the Black Knight
-Sonic Chronicles

Shadow the Hedgehog and Sonic '06 are sort of in between, he's kinda a semi-clone there.

Obviously Olympic Games and other such spin-offs exists but the only thing separating characters there is stats if even that so they don't matter. And Shadow usually is pretty similar to Sonic in those game anyway.

There's also the detail of Shadow being a clone of Sonic lore-wise. That puts him in a similar situation as Dark Pt, who is an Echo Fighter despite having plenty of moveset potential.

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
Back to fanfic for Smash Bros hype! said:
Their ranks had little in common for the most part. Some were friends, others bitter enemies, and most of them didn't know each other from prior to their selection at all. Most were pure of heart overall, but others were rotten down to the core. But they weren't chosen because of any common thread or cause to champion. Some could withstand any odds presented to them no matter how adverse, others weren't known to suffer adversity at all. Indeed, it seemed often that there was no rhyme or reason to their ilk at all.

But in each of them for good or ill burned a fire of determination hotter then most could dream of, and with that came their initial selection. Ascension. Much the same as they were before in good health, but when faced with critical danger now destined to transform into a solid object borne in their image, able to be revived by the touch of willful life. That was not all, of course. The change had warped their personalities in some ways, turning some more bloodlusted and a rare few more docile. It used to be more negative in influence than it is now, as a matter of fact, but after a threat to them all had gained extensive time from their bickering the discord imbued was dulled and the concord enhanced.

But above all, each one of their ilk held a song in their hearts, known before they even knew what they had become. The older ones knew many songs, but each generation had their own, one that was uniquely "theirs." To sing this song was to identify yourself to the others, to hear it was to know another was nearby. And on this day, one by one, a new song was heard by chosen old and new.
That's 300 words, which is. . .wonky. But that's a start!

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
Yo...

This is super duper grasping at straws and i'm well aware of it...

But someone on rAdvanceWars made a really interesting find from the Smash Invitational today about the series logos on TKbreezey's shirt (yes the shirt TKbreezy wore at the Invitational lol).

https://www.reddit.com/r/Advance_Wars/comments/8qn544/look_at_the_series_symbols_on_tkbreezys_shirt/

Take a look at the logo above the Animal Crossing one. It's very reminiscent of the Advance Wars logo and not just any logo of Advance Wars, the one most strongly associated with Andy's games. The Wars World Trilogy.

I ain't gonna say this confirms anything but my god if this turned out to be true...

I would literally be the happiest man alive lol.

Last edited:

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
Yo...

But someone on rAdvanceWars made a really interesting find from the Smash Invitational today about the series logos on TKbreezey's shirt (yes the shirt TKbreezy wore at the Invitational lol).

https://www.reddit.com/r/Advance_Wars/comments/8qn544/look_at_the_series_symbols_on_tkbreezys_shirt/

Take a look at the logo above the Animal Crossing one. It's very reminiscent of the Advance Wars logo and not just any logo of Advance Wars, the one most strongly associated with Andy's games. The Wars World Trilogy.

I ain't gonna say this confirms anything but my god if this turned out to be true...

On the other hand if that logo meant something else that i'm not aware of i'd feel like the biggest idiot in the world lol.

Starlight_Lily

Stage Overflowing with Starlight
Yo...

Fraid it is custom made, dude.

The Stoopid Unikorn

Spiciest of Guacamoles
Switch FC
SW-4202-4979-0504
He's supposed to be but for some reason a lot of bios refer to him as a clone or dark incarnation of Sonic or some similar descriptor. Sonic lore is dumb.

I mean, Shadow is at least 50 and Sonic isn't even a legal adult yet according to that lore.

So unless there's a Sonic game with time traveling as its plot, anything that says Shadow is a clone of Sonic is a misconception.

AreJay25

May or May Not Be Pac-Man
You know, I just remembered an old theory I used to have.

Now that Pichu is back, in a game where rage is back, he might actually have some potential as a glass cannon.

He could still suck, but hey, I'm just putting it out there.

D

Deleted member

I know I'm, like, the only one here that cares about this game but **** me if that's gonna stop me.
Found a gameplay video with off-screen footage, the important part is that I got a good look at the CSS
Screenshot_20180612-212957.png

That's good round 20 slots right there. Why couldn't those top two slots be on that final 3-slot row is beyond me though.
The confirmed characters so far total up to 17
  1. Izuku Midoriya
  2. Bakugo Katsuki
  3. All Might
  4. Ochaco Uraraka
  5. Iida Tenya
  6. Shoto Todoroki
  7. Tsuyu Asui
  8. Kaminari Denki
  9. Momo Yaoyorozu
  10. Eijiro Kirishima
  11. Fumikage Tokoyami
  12. Jirou Kyouka
  13. Shota Aizawa
  14. Tomura Shigaraki
  15. Stain
  16. Dabi
  17. Himiko Toga
We know Gran Torino is very likely playable since there's a Story Mode mission screenshot with him as the "mission target" and All for One too due to his oresemce in the boxart and tease from the E3 trailer. So that leaves the question: who's the final fighter?

And there's another thing, that last character IS a villain, AfO's slot is obviously just below All Might and the other Heroes go in all the remaining slots, but that leaves the bottom right slot open. But who is that? Nomu is not needed due to no coverage of S1, Kurogiri would be next to Shigaraki if he was in, Muscular would make sense due to his probable boss fight but why would he be held off? Same for other LoV members, none of the rest really stand out on their own enough to justify being held as a secret.

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
Finally caught up! Holy carp Octo Expansion is tomorrow! WHOO!

The Invitational was really sweet too.

Last edited:

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
You know, if you want to get technical, there's one fighter that didn't return: Master Hand

Melee glitch or not, he was still playable :V

don't take this seriously plz

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Either way, I win if Shadow is a normal character or an Echo Fighter.

If he's a proper new character, I actually got a character I care about and I will push to make him the newcomer main for this game.

If he's an Echo Fighter, he's another flavour of Sonic's moveset that I'm already familiar with and I can just swap between the two depending on my mood. And even as an Echo Fighter, I can think of cool ways to make him a little different. Like make his jab combo finisher the Crescent Moon Kick from Shadow the Hedgehog and it launches upward instead of sideways, or let him do his combo thing from Sonic '06 after landing a Homing Attack.

CrusherMania1592

Deaf Smasher
Premium
3DS FC
5472-7454-3545
I never thought we'd be seeing Daisy getting in before Waluigi

Now we need Waluigi in and we got ourselves a Mario Party 3 mini game :troll:

SegaNintendoUbisoft

The Amateur Artist
NNID
S.N.U0203
3DS FC
4725-8740-7336
That's no fan theory. That is straight up canon as to why Shadow is a hedgehog.
I don't recall hearing anything official about that (game continuity at least). I know the Artifical Chaos' in SA2 were based on Chaos when Gerald made then, which was part of what made the Super Sonic mural theory seemed credible.

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
I might have to catch everything I missed at a later time. After the direct ended I had to continue studying.

Still holding out for Bandana Dee, Isabelle, and at least one DK newcomer.

Might as well say the same for a Pokemon newcomer which I'll honestly be very surprised if we don't get.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom