• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 6.0 - L'Arachel Edition, Apparently?

Best Galar Starter?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
With each gauntlet he enters, The 'Fonse gets one step closer to victory. Out in the first round of Princes vs Princesses, out in the second round of the Spring Festival, out in the finals of Askr vs Legends.

Next time he'll win, and the cycle shall start anew. All the benching made him too strong.

redfeatherraven

Walk the Earth
Premium
BRoomer
NNID
RedTheMastermind
3DS FC
0576-4747-0597
Switch FC
SW-4098-7445-3995
So among other things I decided to work on a Nino.

And...I wasn't prepared.

Screenshot_20180607-001225.png

I was not prepared for this.

someone give Al a big cake because he fought well
also im happy to see Al have so many dedicated fans
3G4gnZ882OTyCGZ3POMD46hRME9AItRSs8u-NSDU9qE.jpg

O-Oh.... my....

Is it hot in here? Or is it just me? ;)
It is almost certainly some of those words.

Last edited:

mario123007

HELLO, YOU HAVE ENTERED THE DUNK ZONE
NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
Fortnite is a PubG clone. That's not even open for discussion, lol. Well, the Battle Royale mode, in any case.
More like PUBG that did right.
You should also aware that Fornite is doing way better than PUBG. I never like PUBG but Fornite I will pick it up when it comes to Switch.

I was going to say, game clones are relatively normal, especially when a genre starts to boom, it's no surprise people will do the same thing. While I agree game clones are mostly not good, but if they are actually good or even better, it's actually a good thing.

Same with how Smartphone market booms, you have a company releasing their first smartphone, and then many companies are doing the same but also making them better.
PUBG is literally the only reason the battle royale mode exists though...
PUBG itself was just a fad though... And Fornite while still hard to say was the one that made battle royal even more popular.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Apparently if you mention Charizard sucked, except in Gen 3 with Belly Drum, you are a hipster.

Apparently EVERYONE loves Charizard except hipsters

Venus of the Desert Bloom

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
I had no idea what PUBG was until I asked an elementary student in my English class, “What video games do you like.” And he said “pubg”. I had idea what the hell he was talking about.

Then I googled it after class and had the classic Aha! moment.

Last edited:

Pokechu

chugga chugga
NNID
Pokechu
3DS FC
5000-1894-6879
Switch FC
SW-7547-3301-4325
Well I mean didn't Alfonse technically win?? You can't lose to a person who isn'- *shot*

Venus of the Desert Bloom

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
You're only figuring that out now :p
:061:
Long absences from this thread makes you less resilient to the strangeness that permeates throughout this land.

I admit though I don’t know much about Fire Emblem. So a lot of the references for it goes past my head. The last Fire Emblem game I played was Super Smash Bros. For Wii U and 3DS.

Last edited:

Chrono.

Capcom are doing alright now.

Like SFV has been improving slowly and even though MvCI was a hot mess a lot of it was due to Marvel/Disney licence ****ery. Granted, they never should've agreed to that deal in the first place, the writing should've been on the wall once they knew they couldn't use X-Men. But at this point I'm 90% sure that game is not gonna be further supported.

Still think the game shouldn't have happened at all.

D

Deleted member

I'm just glad Ike lost. Tired of that roided blue head stealing all the gold.

Last edited by a moderator:

Erureido

Smash Hero
NNID
Erureido
3DS FC
5301-1552-4121
Switch FC
SW-4754-8756-2004
Looks like I've lost to Gunnthra every round in this Gauntlet, because I was in Team Alfonse this final round. Only difference this time was that there was no last hour multiplier to help her the last time I checked around 10:00 PM CST.

I guess Gunnthra winning this Gauntlet must be some kind of sign that she has risen from the ashes to avenge Surtr... fitting considering the next story chapter seems to hint at his death.

I don't know how many orbs I used on this banner, other than far more than any one human being should.

But I know what I got:

Innes
+RES / -HP
+SPD / -HP

Gunnthra
+DEF / -RES
+HP / -ATK

F!Grima
+SPD / -HP
+DEF / -ATK

NY!Azura
+ATK / -SPD
+HP / -DEF

Smol!Tiki
+SPD / -HP

**** Lobster
+DEF / -RES
+DEF / -RES
+SPD / -ATK

Pineapple Soup
+ATK / -DEF

Merry Chromstmas
+RES / -ATK

How David Vincent Saved Christmas
+ATK / -RES

Was hoping for a Hardin, but at this point that'd just be greedy.

Italic units are my build candidates.

The F!Grimas are definite merges, although there's still the question of which one will be the base (current one is +ATK / -HP if I recall, so it depends on whether the +SPD is an improvement). Ryoma's kind of a tossup; not sure if we're building a +2 lobster or holding the other two back. I feel like Bushido could be a decent fodder skill somewhere, just not sure where off the top of my head.

Innes, NY!Azura, NY!Takumi, and Xmas Robin all seem very workable. Not entirely certain where Innes or Takumi would go, but Robin can take the blue spot on the Armor Emblem team for the moment, and Azura can jump into Flier Emblem or any dancer strats as needed. Not sure which Azura I want to go with at this time though.

Smol!Tiki doesn't bring anything to the party that Tall!Tiki wasn't already packing, and I don't have and won't receive a pile of tiny Tikis to merge up. I don't have the need (or the heart) to fodder her off, though, so I guess she can just chill on the bench with the other non-Dragon-Squad dragons. At least the Kanas and Fae will be in excellent company.

The Gunnthras and Chromstmas not only didn't have much use for me to begin with, they got pretty mediocre-to-terrible natures to boot. I happen to have a +SPD / -HP Gunnthra ready to go (assuming I don't wish to retain them as Res Ploy fodder) but Chrom just doesn't have much purpose here, even for SI. Maybe he could let someone else play with his sack, but I've already got Brazen A/D and Wary Fighter fodder for days.
Your NY!Takumi actually has one of the best IV spreads he can possibly have. Attack is a really good boon for him since it helps him pack a serious dent on a good chunk of foes and gain more guaranteed kills against most low-defense units, while Defense is the best bane he can have since it's already his weakest stat.

If you're looking for a good build for him, here's mine to give you an idea:

His Kagami Mochi refine is the +Spd variant; you want to make sure he is as speedy as possible. I chose Luna for his special so that he delivers a much stronger dent on his foes, though Moonbow and Glimmer work too.

I chose Life and Death 3 as his A-skill to maximize his Attack and Speed stats to turn him into a hard-hitting glass cannon mochi slinger, and he sure hits hard with it! If you want to preserve his Resistance so that he can absorb hits from mages more efficiently, Swift Sparrow 3 is a good alternative as well but at the cost of not boosting his Attack and Speed stats as high as Life and Death does.

I initially started with Cancel Affinity 3 as his B-skill so that he can work his way around those colorless countering mags like Cecilia and Robin, but after testing it several times, I find Desperation 3 to be a far more valuable skill for him. It gives him more killing power that way, and it proves to be especially useful if he previously took a hit against a mage and needs to follow up with a kill on a archer or dagger user.

The C-skill is interchangeable and can be chosen based on your team preferences, but I chose Threaten Speed to give more potential to outspeed most foes.

For his Sacred Seal, Attack +3 and Speed +3 both work pretty well. Attack +3 gives him more hitting power, while Speed+3 ensures he can outspeed most foes.

I'm still trying to figure out my NY!Takumi team, but I do know he pairs quite well with a strong physical tank. Both cover each other's weaknesses: NY!Takumi deals with those pesky mages the physical tank is weak to, while the tanks absorbs those close-range hits that NY!Takumi is very weak to. Once you pick your physical tank, you can add which added teammates you think work best from there. If you choose an infantry physical tank like Brave Ike or Shiro, then a good choice for a third teammate can be an Infantry Pulse user to lower the Special cool down for both the tank and NY!Takumi, giving the latter even more damage potential.

If you ever want to build a team with NY!Takumi, fill free to use these suggestions as a template.

vaanrose

Let's Mosey
NNID
vaanrose
3DS FC
1762-2697-1591
Switch FC
SW-4679-3965-5961
Fortnite's Battle Royale mode is free.

PUBG is not.

Unfair comparison, imo.
But also Fortnite doesn't look like ass

More like PUBG that did right.
You should also aware that Fornite is doing way better than PUBG. I never like PUBG but Fornite I will pick it up when it comes to Switch.

I was going to say, game clones are relatively normal, especially when a genre starts to boom, it's no surprise people will do the same thing. While I agree game clones are mostly not good, but if they are actually good or even better, it's actually a good thing.

Same with how Smartphone market booms, you have a company releasing their first smartphone, and then many companies are doing the same but also making them better.
PUBG itself was just a fad though... And Fornite while still hard to say was the one that made battle royal even more popular.
There's no judgment here. I'm fully on the side of you can't copyright gameplay mechanics. Nevertheless, Fortnite is painfully obvious in its cribbing of the entire gameplay loop of PubG for its Battle Royale mode. The only thing it does differently is the stuff that was in the original base game of Fortnite.

Many people see Fortnite/Epic as an example of big developer with lots of money bullying a small indie dev and stealing their idea.

I see Fortnite/Epic as an example of why you shouldn't be content releasing a shoddy, glitch-ridden, asset-flopped mess of a game and expect the idea to be enough to keep players interested. Clearly the idea of PubG was a brilliant one. But the execution left a lot to be desired and the moment someone stepped in with a half a mind toward releasing a competent product, it exploded.

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
The next gauntlet should be all Lyn alts., all Ike alts. .... and Chadfonse.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Oh yeah, before I forget.

Jojalole Jojalole
Your Catria was seriously the MVP throughout the gauntlet. :p

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Got a pair of 5 dollar headphones, let's see if they last more than 2 weeks guys.

mario123007

HELLO, YOU HAVE ENTERED THE DUNK ZONE
NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
But also Fortnite doesn't look like ***
Personal preference I suppose lol.
But I like Fornite's style than PUBG's.

Nevertheless, Fortnite is painfully obvious in its cribbing of the entire gameplay loop of PubG for its Battle Royale mode
It isn't painful when Battle Royal is a shooting genre that is growing popularity.
I mean even Call of Duty Black Ops 4 has Battle Royale....and they cut single player mode... Now that's painful.

Many people see Fortnite/Epic as an example of big developer with lots of money bullying a small indie dev and stealing their idea.
Many people like... Who?
From what I heard recently at least, it is PUBG that is sueing Fornite. But we'll see how it goes.

I see Fortnite/Epic as an example of why you shouldn't be content releasing a shoddy, glitch-ridden, asset-flopped mess of a game and expect the idea to be enough to keep players interested.
All of these ramblings are aimed at PUBG right? This ramblings needs a second read lol.
PUBG was glitchy and even runs bad on consoles indeed.

The only thing that Fornite did wromg was release mobile phone before Nintendo Switch. But hey it seems to be coming so...

All in all, there will be more and more Battle Royal games appear this year, but it all comes to the quality of the game that makes it stand out.

Last edited:

Jojalole

Henshin a go go baby!
Switch FC
SW 7943 9867 0675
Oh yeah, before I forget.

Jojalole Jojalole
Your Catria was seriously the MVP throughout the gauntlet. :p
Sad that Alfonse didn't manage to win, but I'm glad she was useful for the rest of the team! Speaking of Catria, I'm still considering giving her brazing attack/speed from Winter Robin, but I've never foddered a seasonal unit so I'm conflicted hahaha.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
But also Fortnite doesn't look like ***

There's no judgment here. I'm fully on the side of you can't copyright gameplay mechanics. Nevertheless, Fortnite is painfully obvious in its cribbing of the entire gameplay loop of PubG for its Battle Royale mode. The only thing it does differently is the stuff that was in the original base game of Fortnite.

I see Fortnite/Epic as an example of why you shouldn't be content releasing a shoddy, glitch-ridden, asset-flopped mess of a game and expect the idea to be enough to keep players interested. Clearly the idea of PubG was a brilliant one. But the execution left a lot to be desired and the moment someone stepped in with a half a mind toward releasing a competent product, it exploded.
Seeing all this all I can think of is this video
Content warning for Jim Sterling and idk if he grabs his giant dildo in this video or not off the top of my head

D

Deleted member

Not a fan of Jim Sterling myself, he fails to understand a lot of what he's actually talking about. And his video with "Why It's Morally Acceptable to Pirate ALL of Nintendo's games" was just clickbaity even after I watched the whole thing. Also his Sonic 4 review where he attacked the fans I'll never forget.

Last edited by a moderator:

Chrono.

Yeaaah, Paladins (and Fornite too probably) is pretty much dropping after the Direct.

Screenshot is from someone who has a Hi-Rez dev on their friends list.

And before anyone says fake, the game icon and everything was dumped. It's coming.

vaanrose

Let's Mosey
NNID
vaanrose
3DS FC
1762-2697-1591
Switch FC
SW-4679-3965-5961
Personal preference I suppose lol.
But I like Fornite's style than PUBG's.
Not personal preference. PubG is a prime example of asset flip. All their assets are purchased, and the side effect is there's a clear lack of cohesion.

It isn't painful when Battle Royal is a shooting genre that is growing popularity.
I mean even Call of Duty Black Ops 4 has Battle Royale....and they cut single player mode... Now that's painful.
It's a genre growing in popularity because Epic saw an opportunity. They filled a need that PubG was unwilling to fill by taking a concept people clearly liked, and building a version of it that actually functioned. But again, it's clearly ripping off that other game. It's just doing it better.

Many people like... Who?
From what I heard recently at least, it is PUBG that is sueing Fornite. But we'll see how it goes.
PubG is suing Epic because they're complete morons. They have nothing to gain and everything to lose from that decision. They're just hoping that Epic will settle instead of going to court over it, but Epic has no reason to settle. Epic will win easily, because again, you can't copyright a genre and there's already precedence for this exact ruling with Capcom's court cases in the 90s against all the Street Fighter clones.

But that doesn't change the fact that yes, Epic shamelessly stole the idea from PubG in the first place. The point is is that it's not wrong to do so.

Plus there's the fact that PubG is built in the Unreal engine, which part of the licensing agreement for using said engine is that Epic can pull your right to use their engine at any time. Even if by some miracle PubG wins their suit, Epic will just pull their engine license and PubG will cease to exist.

All of these ramblings are aimed at PUBG right? This ramblings needs a second read lol.
PUBG was glitchy and even runs bad on consoles indeed.
I'm saying PubG is a complete mess of a game with a concept that is clearly a best seller. PubG thought it could coast on its idea, and months later it's still a complete mess of a game. Meanwhile Epic came in, saw that great game idea, and realized that if it was attached to an even moderately competent finished product, it would make bank. The entire scenario is a textbook case of what happens when one company is only interested in making money and the other is interested in making a product people will actually like.

Last edited:

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Not a fan of Jim Sterling myself, he fails to understand a lot of what he's actually talking about. And his video with "Why It's Morally Acceptable to Pirate ALL of Nintendo's games" was just clickbaity even after I watched the whole thing. Also his Sonic 4 review where he attacked the fans I'll never forget.
As a fan of Jim Sterling I agree that the video you mean was really just... bad

Chrono.

Huh, Negative Legend did a retrospective of sorts on Battle Network.

It's surprising because he's a TCG Youtuber, and his retrospectives are usually just on dead card games like Bakugan or Kaijuudo (but he did cover Beyblade but that also falls under that umbrella for me.)

I guess technically BN does sorta count lol.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom