• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 6.0 - L'Arachel Edition, Apparently?

Best Galar Starter?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

redfeatherraven

Walk the Earth
Premium
BRoomer
NNID
RedTheMastermind
3DS FC
0576-4747-0597
Switch FC
SW-4098-7445-3995
I hate you all

i dont feel like I should even be here anymore

i ****ing hate you all

no joking around this time. I hate you all, I hate you all, I hate you all

Hey now. Hey. We got you.

Was a faux pas, it's over now, we're good.

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
I mean I don't have an issue with Fi per se, but if you want to spin around and murder things, you got options:

How do you even do the blender thing? Linkle has some alt attack thing too and I don’t know how to do it.
I hate you all

i ****ing hate you all

no joking around this time. I hate you all, I hate you all, I hate you all.

i cant make one singlr joke around here without someone doing this or taking it too serious

redfeatherraven

Walk the Earth
Premium
BRoomer
NNID
RedTheMastermind
3DS FC
0576-4747-0597
Switch FC
SW-4098-7445-3995
How do you even do the blender thing?
The infinite or just the blender?

Blender's a special of his but I don't remember how it's performed exactly, other than you build meter and then let it loose.

Infinite blender's a glitch they describe in the vid. May be patched in Definitive, not sure.

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
The infinite or just the blender?

Blender's a special of his but I don't remember how it's performed exactly, other than you build meter and then let it loose.

Infinite blender's a glitch they describe in the vid. May be patched in Definitive, not sure.
Just the blender is what I wanna know.

The Stoopid Unikorn

Spiciest of Guacamoles
Switch FC
SW-4202-4979-0504
I hate you all

i ****ing hate you all

i cant make one singlr joke around here without someone doing this or taking it too serious
Wasn’t there when it happened, so I guess I’m not in your hate list, right? :V

But seriously speaking, when it comes to these kinds of jokes, we tend to leave a little hint at it being a joke, usually an emote. So seeing someone make a joke about punching a kid or anything of the sort without that visual cue, it causes us to see it the wrong way.

I’m not saying you did anything wrong, because you likely didn’t know about those cues. But I’m not saying the NintenZone is a bunch of idiots for not getting the fact that it’s a joke either. All I’m doing is stating that the habits of the group are what caused the misinterpretation.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I hate you all

i ****ing hate you all

Stop this overreaction, you were just being called out. Here's the thing, not everything can be turned into a joke, and punching kids is most certainly not something to be joked about.
I'm pretty sure most of us here grew up on the Simpsons which regularly depicts and jokes about Homer strangling Bart.

Yet we're not going around strangling children.
So, just because the Simpsons did it, it's okay? What the hell man

redfeatherraven

Walk the Earth
Premium
BRoomer
NNID
RedTheMastermind
3DS FC
0576-4747-0597
Switch FC
SW-4098-7445-3995
Just the blender is what I wanna know.
...uhhhh.

I'll need to get back with you on that truthfully.

It's been literally at least a year since I played HW.

im sorry, Im sorry. I mean, I dont hate you or others, just... just certain people

i still do love you and red and my friends here
Aww.

Heart you too, Pumpkaboo.

redfeatherraven

Walk the Earth
Premium
BRoomer
NNID
RedTheMastermind
3DS FC
0576-4747-0597
Switch FC
SW-4098-7445-3995

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
So, just because the Simpsons did it, it's okay? What the hell man
All I'm saying is that you don't need to take everything so literally. Yes, cartoon violence against cartoon kids has been a thing for ages. People are generally OK with it. Fire Emblem itself depicts it. It's nothing to get up in arms about. It's called "fiction" for a reason.

Just because Pumpkaboo jokes about punching a fictional child, doesn't mean they would actually punch one for real. If that were the case, they probably wouldn't be posting here as they would be in a jail cell.

This place just has an awful habit of going on witch hunts against people for what are mild mistakes at worst. I won't say it was a good joke, and yeah, it probably wasn't in the best taste. But it's nothing to spend a page vilifying the person who made it over. If you don't like the joke, just ignore it and move on. That's what I do when you guys bring up stuff I'm not comfortable with.

Last edited:

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
Metroid x Wayne Barlowe's Darwin IV

A crossover I never knew I wanted or needed!

Honestly I'd be hype if Wayne Barlowe was involved with a Metroid game. This dude's creature designs are literally out of this world.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
"Oh hey a new banner. Well, the way I see it, whenever I pull for Celica, I get Seliph, so if I pull for Seliph..."

> No Reds.

Foiled again.

So I used my free pull on green and got a Julia. I now have all seven members of Fire Emblem's most dysfunctional family.

redfeatherraven

Walk the Earth
Premium
BRoomer
NNID
RedTheMastermind
3DS FC
0576-4747-0597
Switch FC
SW-4098-7445-3995
"Oh hey a new banner. Well, the way I see it, whenever I pull for Celica, I get Seliph, so if I pull for Seliph..."

> No Reds.

Foiled again.
Can't trick RNGeesus.

You can only appease him with S A C R I F I C E.

D

Deleted member

All I'm saying is that you don't need to take everything so literally. Yes, cartoon violence against cartoon kids has been a thing for ages. People are generally OK with it. Fire Emblem itself depicts it. It's nothing to get up in arms about. It's called "fiction" for a reason.

Just because Pumpkaboo jokes about punching a fictional child, doesn't mean they would actually punch one for real. If that were the case, they probably wouldn't be posting here as they would be in a jail cell.

This place just has an awful habit of going on witch hunts against people for what are mild mistakes at worst. I won't say it was a good joke, and yeah, it probably wasn't in the best taste. But it's nothing to spend a page vilifying the person who made it over. If you don't like the joke, just ignore it and move on. That's what I do when you guys bring up stuff I'm not comfortable with.
I never said that her saying that made her a child abuser or the like, just that it's not something to be joked about.
And the problem is not about depicting violence against kids, it's portraying it as something that can be taken as lightly as a joke.

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
Stressful AF weekend...I need to figure out a new job soon, I'm tired of these hours.
I need to have A job period.

Preferably one that isn't trying to scam me or is shady AF. :ohwell:

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
I never said that her saying that made her a child abuser or the like, just that it's not something to be joked about.
And the problem is not about depicting violence against kids, it's portraying it as something that can be taken as lightly as a joke.
Except it can be taken lightly as a joke. It has been for a while now.

It's generally just a way for people to vent their frustration with kids.

And tbh, if you can't joke about punching kids, you shouldn't joke about punching adults. Punching someone IRL is never OK, unless it's out of self-defense.

D

Deleted member

Except it can be taken lightly as a joke. It has been for a while now.

It's generally just a way for people to vent their frustration with kids.

And tbh, if you can't joke about punching kids, you shouldn't joke about punching adults. Punching someone IRL is never OK, unless it's out of self-defense.
So, you're comparimg punching a defenseless child who's at least only half your size to punching an adult who can have the means of defense? You know what, I'm done with this, you're going way too far in trying to justify jokes about beating up kids.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
So, you're comparimg punching a defenseless child who's at least only half your size to punching an adult who can have the means of defense? You know what, I'm done with this, you're going way too far in trying to justify jokes about beating up kids.
I think you're starting to go a bit far with the accusations, Shish.

D

Deleted member

I think you're starting to go a bit far with the accusations, Shish.
How is it going too far when I was just replying to his own points? Is anything I said there not in Chiko's post in the first place?

Pokechu

chugga chugga
NNID
Pokechu
3DS FC
5000-1894-6879
Switch FC
SW-7547-3301-4325
"A horse with wings is called a Pegasus. Bet you didnt know that, did ya~"

If she was real, Id punch the **** out of her
OMG LOL :joyful:
omggg

This made me almost cry from laughter

Am I the only one who found this funny? Y'all this was obv a joke, it don't need an emoticon or anything. Shoot I'd knock her out too LOL a horse w wings is a Pegasus oh really?? Yeah I definitely didn't know that, cause this is the first flying unit ever in FE :laugh: :laugh:

Like it has nothing to do with how Nino is a child it's just dumb and amusing how she said it like Pegasi ARENT a dime a dozen in FE

I'm still rolling :joyful:

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Your assumption that all adults have a means of defense is an incorrect one, actually. Many adults suffer from things such as brittle bone disease and you wouldn't be able to tell unless they have an especially severe case of it, for example. I recently found out a childhood friend of mine has it and I never would have known otherwise. There was a case when she was younger where she broke her leg from, what I was told, was a really bad accident, but she recently told me it was just from what would be considered a minor, harmless fall off a step for most people. But for her, that was a trip to the hospital to fix her leg. If you punched someone with her condition even moderately hard, you'd potentially break a bone. Similarly, they probably couldn't hit you very hard because it would damage their own bones.

Assuming that all kids can't defend themselves is also incorrect as there are many who can. A violent kid is scarier than a violent adult, after all. Because children lack moral maturity, and an understanding of the sensitivity of different parts of the human body (and those who do understand can feign ignorance). I myself had to look after some pretty violent kids in the past. And while I'd never punch one, I've seen first hand the kind of surprising strength even a kid in the single digits can have.

So in closing, punching people IRL is bad unless it's out of self defense, regardless of age. You never know how much damage your best hook could do to a particular person, as you don't know how durable that individual is (unless it's like, your best friend and your having a bit of rough play). I'm sure many would agree to that.

But acting as if there is something especially wrong with making a joke about punching a CARTOON kid, compared to a cartoon adult, is kind of farcical. At the end of the day, they're both cartoons. They're not real.

And it's not like Nino doesn't get burnt to a crisp and skewered by electric blades from Hoshidan princes screaming "YOU DIE, NOW!" on the regular in FE Heroes. Yet it's punching her is where your suspension of disbelief ends?

Again, not defending the joke itself really, it's not one I would make myself. I'm the kind of person who actually doesn't like seeing my favourite fictional characters getting beat up and such, or having rude jokes made at their expense. But again, likening Pumpkaboo to a real child abuser over a dumb joke about a fictional character who can MORE than defend herself, is a pretty crappy thing to do.

Last edited:

redfeatherraven

Walk the Earth
Premium
BRoomer
NNID
RedTheMastermind
3DS FC
0576-4747-0597
Switch FC
SW-4098-7445-3995
You know what we need?

A tension diffuser.

I happen to have a suggestion for that.

https://purrli.com

Turn the meows off, give it ten minutes, thank me later.

Last edited:

Fenriraga

You have the strength to overcome your destiny!
Writing Team
NNID
DarkAura
SO ANYWAY MOVING AWAY FROM THIS SUBJECT

Sonic Team Racing gameplay. Looks to play... Almost exactly like ASR and ASRT. Which is good.

But holy crap, they better just be playing at 50cc or something because the speed here is REALLY non existent. What is this, Team Sonic Sunday Drivers?

Last edited:

ChikoLad

Purple Boi

Sonic Team Racing gameplay. Looks to play... Almost exactly like ASR and ASRT. Which is good.

But holy crap, they better just be playing at 50cc or something because the speed here is REALLY non existent. What is this, Sonic Team Sunday Drivers?
ASR had speed class modes IIRC, and ASRT had the mod system which allowed you to fine tune a racer's stats. So you could actually play this slow in those games. I'm sure at least one of these systems will make a return and they're making it slow for the E3 demo so people can get used to it. The previous games weren't easy at high speeds.

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988

But holy crap, they better just be playing at 50cc or something because the speed here is REALLY non existent. What is this, Team Sonic Sunday Drivers?
Why js it Sonic Team Racing when there’s only one character in a vehicle?

Fenriraga

Writing Team
NNID
DarkAura
ASR had speed class modes IIRC, and ASRT had the mod system which allowed you to fine tune a racer's stats. So you could actually play this slow in those games. I'm sure at least one of these systems will make a return and they're making it slow for the E3 demo so people can get used to it. The previous games weren't easy at high speeds.
I've put hundreds of hours into ASRT and I can say as someone who always puts stock into acceleration before top speed that this is MUCH slower than the previous two games.

Why js it Sonic Team Racing when there’s only one character in a vehicle?
Apparently you team up with other racers on the track/race as a literal team. I dunno exactly how it works but I'm not digging the concept so far.

Last edited:

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
I've put hundreds of hours into ASRT and I can say as someone who always puts stock into acceleration before top speed that this is MUCH slower than the previous two games.
If you play as the absolute slowest characters and veer them away from speed even further with mods, you can definitely go in or around this speed.

Also, an interview with Takashi Iizuka on the game.

He specifically shouts out Overwatch and Splatoon as inspirations for the team-based game mechanics.

Last edited:

Fenriraga

Writing Team
NNID
DarkAura
If you play as the absolute slowest characters and veer them away from speed even further with mods, you can definitely go in or around this speed.

Also, an interview with Takashi Iizuka on the game.

Okay, maybe that's true, but this is SONIC. He's among the higher speed stats in Transformed for obvious reasons. And he's going slow as molases here. I sincerely doubt stock footage would have Sonic using mods that make him slower.

Last edited:

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
Man Lana is the least fun playable character in Hyrule Warriors. Playing through the first Twilight Princess map was a chore so I expect the same for the second.

I decided I’m gonna play through the main story first, paying to have Ganondorf at the same level as my highest and then doing the Adventure Maps to unlock the characters.

Then I’ll play through the higher difficulties for the story mode with the unlocked characters.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
So how hype would you be if at E3 we got a trailer like this:
*Screen fades a bit

Two subtitles appear. They are words that are opposites.

Then above them:
“Pokémon”

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Okay, maybe that's true, but this is SONIC. He's among the higher speed stats in Transformed for obvious reasons. And he's going slow as molases here. I sincerely doubt stock footage would have Sonic using mods that make him slower.
The footage likely uses the E3 demo build and is probably playing at lower speeds for E3 attendees to have an easier time with the game. I'm sure there will be higher speed classes and/or a mod system in the full game.

mario123007

HELLO, YOU HAVE ENTERED THE DUNK ZONE
NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
Well now I'm currently in a bad mood when it comes to Splatoon 2.......

I don't know, when it comes to participating a tournament, I aware there was huge chance that we will lose, but I never really like want a landslide loss.

I just wanna say Frick those rank X teams... When I reach to rank X I'm gonna wreck them... Badly....

Chrono.

Sonic looks good, will agree that it seems a tad slow though.

One of the things I liked about Transformed is how it was faster than Mario Kart.

redfeatherraven

Walk the Earth
Premium
BRoomer
NNID
RedTheMastermind
3DS FC
0576-4747-0597
Switch FC
SW-4098-7445-3995
So how hype would you be if at E3 we got a trailer like this:
*Screen fades a bit

Two subtitles appear. They are words that are opposites.

Then above them:
“Pokémon”

Not even slightly.

It would tell us next to nothing and stir up a frenzy that we'd be slogging through for the next eight to fifteen months.

I might be forced to retreat from the internet, maybe even go outside.

Don't wish that on me.

At least not before I get my hammock.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom