• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 6.0 - L'Arachel Edition, Apparently?

Best Galar Starter?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
So how hype would you be if at E3 we got a trailer like this:
*Screen fades a bit

Two subtitles appear. They are words that are opposites.

Then above them:
“Pokémon”

Considering most Pokemon games show you a little something, as in more than a title, It'd be anti-hype.

Chrono.

*Screen fades a bit

Then above them:
“Pokémon”

I would go "Eh, why?"

We already know games are coming, learning just the names for them wouldn't really do much for anyone other than the average Poketuber looking for an easy 100k views.

I'd rather just have them focus on LGE/P and keep us posted about that rather than a really vague tease for a late 2019 game.

Starlight_Lily

Stage Overflowing with Starlight
"Oh hey a new banner. Well, the way I see it, whenever I pull for Celica, I get Seliph, so if I pull for Seliph..."

> No Reds.

Foiled again.

So I used my free pull on green and got a Julia. I now have all seven members of Fire Emblem's most dysfunctional family.
Well, red isn't in EH yet. You have to wait for him to sign the contract with IS. :v

SO ANYWAY MOVING AWAY FROM THIS SUBJECT

Sonic Team Racing gameplay. Looks to play... Almost exactly like ASR and ASRT. Which is good.

But holy crap, they better just be playing at 50cc or something because the speed here is REALLY non existent. What is this, Team Sonic Sunday Drivers?
You know on the youtube thumbnail, from the angle of the shoot, that Wisp looks like Ray the Flying Squirrel road kill, on the side of Sonic's car.

And now you can never unsee that :v

SegaNintendoUbisoft

The Amateur Artist
NNID
S.N.U0203
3DS FC
4725-8740-7336
Team Sonic Racing could have a 50cc, 100c, and 150cc thing like Mario Kart, hence the slower speed.

Game looks fun, a little put off my the slowed down speed but it's still the familiar gameplay we all know is great.

Though I can tell you I'm setting those voices straight to mute if they don't fix the chattiness near release.

Starlight_Lily

*Screen fades a bit

Then above them:
“Pokémon”

I'd be wondering why. Since we know they exist, and isn't the same as revealing a Metroid game, cause Pokemon fans aren't starved for games.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
That Sonic Racing game looks okay. But it seems like a step down to only focus on one franchise when you had all of SEGA to work with in terms of the levels and the characters you can race as. At least this time around, there's a concise theme to the items too. Rather than "Generic Weapon Set" that the other games kind of had.

Ivander

Smash Legend
I'm more excited about the Dragon Fangs than anything lol, Mordred needs a ****ton of those
Dragon Fangs are definitely nice, as I use them alot more than Proofs of Heroics and I have a ton of those.
That being said, getting a Free 4-Star and the Skill Strengthening quests are also good. I still need an Emiya on my one Account and he's used for alot of events. On the other account, I actually have all of them, so I get to NP 2/3 one of them.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Need some opinions on something. I originally didn't want to post anything publicly on this until it was done but my friend who I normally look to for opinions on this sort of thing is MIA.

So I'm working on a Smash Bros. style Nia render set. Final version will include Dromarch, 7 colour variants, her "spoiler form", and 7 colour variants of that design. I might also add a water effect behind her.

Just need some preliminary opinions on how it's coming along. Does the pose look good? Is the image clear enough (granted, this is a compressed version, full render set will be uncompressed)? Is there too much noise, and if so, by how much?

Don't focus on the lighting though, as I haven't gotten around to actually fleshing it out. The final version will have more detailed lighting and likely be touched up in Photoshop. I'm also considering waiting to see how the Smash Switch renders look and trying to replicate how the lighting is in those.

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
The quoted YT embeeded videos appear messed up for me:
The video is supposed to be contained inside the quote but "spills out" instead.

Anyone else has this problem on mobile?

Chrono.

Freedom Planet 1 is getting a Switch port.

Not surprising with how the 2nd game is gonna be there too.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Considering most Pokemon games show you a little something, as in more than a title, It'd be anti-hype.
I would go "Eh, why?"

We already know games are coming, learning just the names for them wouldn't really do much for anyone other than the average Poketuber looking for an easy 100k views.

I'd rather just have them focus on LGE/P and keep us posted about that rather than a really vague tease for a late 2019 game.
I'd be wondering why. Since we know they exist, and isn't the same as revealing a Metroid game, cause Pokemon fans aren't starved for games.
I would be intrigued. As for why.
It gets a pointless 10 minute direct out of the way down the line. Plus the titles if good could lead to some interesting discussions. And we would maybe be able to learn about any rumors that may have been sent to people like Emily Rogers are true.

Because I’d bank on them being given info in it already. Plus it further eliminates those complaining about let’s go.

Chrono.

Never forget.

Actually it probably is best to forget this one.
This was also a time when Nintendo thought it'd be better to advertise the **** out of Nintendoland and leave W101 in the dust.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
This was also a time when Nintendo thought it'd be better to advertise the **** out of Nintendoland and leave W101 in the dust.
What a terrible mistake.
Hopefully it gets a port and justice done to it.

The Stoopid Unikorn

Spiciest of Guacamoles
Switch FC
SW-4202-4979-0504
Never forget.

I personally think E3 2008 was a lot worse.

But yeah, 2012 wasn't really great either.

Last edited:

Kirby Dragons

Smash Hero
My summer school class is awesome. Today we watched a long sequence of dominoes that had a Nintendo theme, and some real life giant robot fights between USA and Japan.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Never forget.

That was pretty bad. But 2008 was still a little worse. Because of Wii Music of course.

The Stoopid Unikorn

Spiciest of Guacamoles
Switch FC
SW-4202-4979-0504
That was pretty bad. But 2008 was still a little worse. Because of Wii Music of course.
Not just Wii Music.

The entire presentation was super awkward. Like, we came to see some games announced, not to hear someone rambling about how they sprained their wrist or what their kid wrote for them in a card. The ten minutes of boring business talk that makes you feel like you're in an investor meeting didn't help either.

And that's not even mentionning the fact that the only noteworthy first-party title was Animal Crossing: City Folk. Yes, there was Wii Music, but seriously, who the **** cares about Wii Music outside of the casual audience?

This was on the Wii's second year of its lifetime too, and considering how much of a success it was, it was pretty dissapointing to have so little so early...

Last edited:

Starlight_Lily

My summer school class is awesome. Today we watched a long sequence of dominoes that had a Nintendo theme, and some real life giant robot fights between USA and Japan.
Link that video of that Robot fight. Now. I need to see that.

Not just Wii Music.

The entire presentation was super awkward. Like, we came to see some games announced, not to hear someone rambling about how they sprained their wrist or what their kid wrote for them in a card. The ten minutes of boring business talk that makes you feel like you're in an investor meeting didn't help either.

And that's not even mentionning the fact that the only noteworthy first-party title was Animal Crossing: City Folk. Yes, there was Wii Music, but seriously, who the **** cares about Wii Music outside of the casual audience?

This was on the Wii's second year of its lifetime too, and considering how much of a success it was, it was pretty dissapointing to have so little so early...
Well, I wasn't surprised about all the business talk, cause E3 is a Industry event first foremost.

Note, not surprised, doesn't mean I don't get why everyone found it boring.

The Stoopid Unikorn

Spiciest of Guacamoles
Switch FC
SW-4202-4979-0504
The worst was the one where they talked about Star Fox Zero for most of it.
Honestly, this wouldn't have been as bad if the game wasn't so annoying to control. It's basically the proof that having two screens at once on a non-handheld console doesn't work so well...

Plus, the Muppet-like show was pretty funny.

Nothing beats 2008.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Honestly, this wouldn't have been as bad if the game wasn't so annoying to control. It's basically the proof that having two screens at once on a non-handheld console doesn't work so well...

Plus, the Muppet-like show was pretty funny.

Nothing beats 2008.
Hot take.

Star Fox: Zero's main issue wasn't the controls, which were fine.

It was the Star Fox 64 nostalgia pandering.

Chrono.

2015 was terrible but I'd say SF Zero was the highlight. It was the Mario 30th montage that took like 20 minutes that was the low point for me. I think they even ended it on that too.

I never got the game myself but I just remembered the Star Fox GP rumor which I really hope turns out to be true.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Not just Wii Music.

To be fair, Wii Sports Resort was also pretty noteworthy. The game legitimately had a lot of content.

But yeah, having just that and City Folk was really underwhelming.

Kirby Dragons

Smash Hero
Are you sure this is school? That sounds more like a dream.
Well, we were watching videos related to the class (kinda), but then the teacher just mentioned the robot fight and we wanted to watch it.
Link that video of that Robot fight. Now. I need to see that.
First fight is at 8:00.
Second fight is at 13:00.

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
E3 2015 was screwed the moment they decided to separate Smash from the main presentation imo.

Chrono.

E3 2015 was screwed the moment they decided to separate Smash from the main presentation imo.
And the Smash Presentation itself was screwed by having the update go up on the servers like a day or two before it. Leaking the entire segment.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom