• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 6.0 - L'Arachel Edition, Apparently?

Best Galar Starter?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
If anyone of you guys are into animation or fighting games, you might like this video. It doesn't go over anything revolutionary(especially if you are already into animation), but its nice to look at.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
I once had someone tell me "You sound so American it's not even right" and I don't think my self-esteem has been the same since.

:ness:

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
nah this is normal for us

better get used to it :V
An unsuspecting Ura drops in the thread while a mega FEH discussion is happening.

Yeah you gotta get used to it WaddleMatt. This thread can change topics seemingly instantly here lol.
I once had someone tell me "You sound so American it's not even right" and I don't think my self-esteem has been the same since.

I figure I sound Canadian enough lol. Although I sound absolutely nothing like my ethnicity.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585

Thats nothing compaired to someone saying me and my sister sounded white because we talk so proper

We are black granted, we lived in virginia Beach all our lives so i understood what he meant lol

Last edited:

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Poor memoryman getting torn apart over on ResetEra for his reaction to the SourceGaming RTC of Daisy.

So ****ing humorous.

He got banned too.

LOL.
What happened exactly?

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
What happened exactly?
He basically got upset that they rated her so low over other characters they'd done. Someone had the audacity to say she was too similar to Peach in front of him. And like the absolute mad man he is?

He proceeded to call people stupid as he rapid fire posted shadowed images of them together.

My favorite snap back was this (warning not for the faint of heart Daisy fan):

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
He basically got upset that they rated her so low over other characters they'd done. Someone had the audacity to say she was too similar to Peach in front of him. And like the absolute mad man he is?

He proceeded to call people stupid as he rapid fire posted shadowed images of them together.

Even dril went to Hakai him, poor dude lol.

EDIT: Well, he deserved it actually :V

Last edited:

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
Big's story in Sonic Adventure 1 is the most boring, infuriating thing ever.

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
I don't even particular get the push by her fans to get her into Smash to get Nintendo to notice her in mainline/spin-off games more.

That has helped exactly no one. Even Pit and Palutena only got their game because of Sakurai wanting to do one.

There are so many franchises and characters Nintendo could launch out of their Smash success, but it has not happened one single time.

Even Captain Falcon, who IS Smash in many ways sits waiting for his turn in the son again.

WaddleMatt

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW 5950 1333 3717
Kid Icarus seems like a great series, I really hope we get a game on the Switch however unlikely that may be.

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
Big's story in Sonic Adventure 1 is the most boring, infuriating thing ever.
I really don't know what Sega was thinking there. I'm not sure if fishing titles are really popular in Japan, or a big part of Sega's game line-up, but it seems really weird to take a game like Sonic Adventure and make a really dragged out and frustrating fishing minigame mandatory to unlock the final levels and finish the story.

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
I really don't know what Sega was thinking there. I'm not sure if fishing titles are really popular in Japan, or a big part of Sega's game line-up, but it seems really weird to take a game like Sonic Adventure and make a really dragged out and frustrating fishing minigame mandatory to unlock the final levels and finish the story.
At least Ocarina of Time had the courtesy to to make it's fishing-mini game optional.

Sega for some reason thought a fishing mini-game would add so much to their game apparently. :confused:

redfeatherraven

Walk the Earth
Premium
BRoomer
NNID
RedTheMastermind
3DS FC
0576-4747-0597
Switch FC
SW-4098-7445-3995
Behold, my Google-Fu.

http://www.gamersglobal.de/interview/die-sonic-fans-nie-wieder-enttaeuschen

Relevant section:

GamersGlobal : About the Dreamcast game Sonic Adventure holds the rumor that Big the Cat was created only because of the fishing peripherals for the console ...

Takashi Iizuka : So far, I did not know this rumor! There's nothing there. At that time, the fishing controller did not even exist. The real reason for the existence of Big the Cat in Sonic Adventure is that we programmed a fishing rod and needed something to make it interesting for the players. The fishing missions were the result.

Natz~

Full of Hugs and Fire~
At least Ocarina of Time had the courtesy to to make it's fishing-mini game optional.

Sega for some reason thought a fishing mini-game would add so much to their game apparently. :confused:
theres actually 2 reasons why big became part of that game

reason 1, they wanted someone to break up the action between all the other characters to ddo something relaxing and "fun"

reason 2, they wanted to sell a fishing rod controller for a specific fishing game on the dreamcast, so they put it in their biggest title

the main purpose of why big exists in the game, is to sell people a fishing rod controller for the dreamcast

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
the main purpose of why big exists in the game, is to sell people a fishing rod controller for the dreamcast
Well that explains everything I guess. :ohwell:

Natz~

Full of Hugs and Fire~
Behold, my Google-Fu.

http://www.gamersglobal.de/interview/die-sonic-fans-nie-wieder-enttaeuschen

Relevant section:

GamersGlobal : About the Dreamcast game Sonic Adventure holds the rumor that Big the Cat was created only because of the fishing peripherals for the console ...

Takashi Iizuka : So far, I did not know this rumor! There's nothing there. At that time, the fishing controller did not even exist. The real reason for the existence of Big the Cat in Sonic Adventure is that we programmed a fishing rod and needed something to make it interesting for the players. The fishing missions were the result.
oh...huh so reason 2 was actually completely false :V

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208

Apparently the situation got even worse. The reason the video had to be reuploaded was because SourceGaming originally used memoryman's footage and he threatened to take them down.

The issue? Screenshots from the staff prove memoryman provided the footage, meaning he was using it as insurance if the rating didn't go his way.

That's scummy as all hell and I feel bad for the SourceGaming staff.

vaanrose

Let's Mosey
NNID
vaanrose
3DS FC
1762-2697-1591
Switch FC
SW-4679-3965-5961
It was 1998. Every game had fishing in it in 1998.

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
Damn! Gaming companies were trying to make fishing simulators trendy in the late 90's.

Yes, out of all things. Fishing simulators. :)

Last edited:

redfeatherraven

Walk the Earth
Premium
BRoomer
NNID
RedTheMastermind
3DS FC
0576-4747-0597
Switch FC
SW-4098-7445-3995
Besides the interview above, funny story.

The rod's actually not compatible with Sonic Adventure on the Dreamcast at all.

oh...huh so reason 2 was actually completely false :V
Yep.

Common rumor though.

My heart tells me this is mostly ****post.

But after Sonic Adventure and OoT I'm hard pressed to refute it.

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
Apparently the situation got even worse. The reason the video had to be reuploaded was because SourceGaming originally used memoryman's footage and he threatened to take them down.

The issue? Screenshots from the staff prove memoryman provided the footage, meaning he was using it as insurance if the rating didn't go his way.

Jesus.

Yeah. Never liked the dude, but that's something else alright.

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703

That is pretty ****ed up.

Although anything is game for MM3 I guess lol.

vaanrose

Let's Mosey
NNID
vaanrose
3DS FC
1762-2697-1591
Switch FC
SW-4679-3965-5961
My heart tells me this is mostly ****post.

But after Sonic Adventure and OoT I'm hard pressed to refute it.
The ****post part is just saying 1998. It's really more a trend that lasted from 1996 to 2000. I remember fishing in Digimon World, Breath of Fire, Mario Party, Jak and Daxter, the Gameboy Color version of Donkey Kong Country, and of course, Pokemon.

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
The ****post part is just saying 1998. It's really more a trend that lasted from 1996 to 2000. I remember fishing in Digimon World, Breath of Fire, Mario Party, Jak and Daxter, the Gameboy Color version of Donkey Kong Country, and of course, Pokemon.
Yep!

There was def a serious, collected effort by the gaming industry to make fishing catch on lol.

Ivander

Smash Legend
Breath of Fire shouldn't really be counted as BoF1 and BoF2 had Fishing in them and they were before 1996. For Breath of Fire back then, the Fishing Mini-game was a recurring feature.

Last edited:

redfeatherraven

Walk the Earth
Premium
BRoomer
NNID
RedTheMastermind
3DS FC
0576-4747-0597
Switch FC
SW-4098-7445-3995
Yep!

There was def a serious, collected effort by the gaming industry to make fishing catch on lol.
Between 1999 and 2001, there were five fishing games released for the Sega Dreamcast.

Five.

In two years.

Yes one's a port of a '97 arcade game. Where's your excuse for the other four, Sega?

vaanrose

Let's Mosey
NNID
vaanrose
3DS FC
1762-2697-1591
Switch FC
SW-4679-3965-5961
Breath of Fire shouldn't really be counted as BoF1 and BoF2 had Fishing in them and they were before 1996. For Breath of Fire back then, the Fishing Mini-game was a recurring feature.
I mean, sure, but Zelda had fishing in 1993, too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom