• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 6.0 - L'Arachel Edition, Apparently?

Best Galar Starter?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Funny how you posted and nothing is there. :v

That's awesome. I honestly think Marvel Thor would also be like that to.

And speaking of super heroes, I just know Superman would 100% wish any LGBTQ community member happy in the relationships they purse, cause Superman is that awesome.

And no none you can ever take this headcanon of mine away.
Superman is a ****ing treasure who would stop what he's doing because one girl's close to jumping off a building to talk her out of it. I'd show the panels in which he literally does that but I'm tired as hell and should be sleeping

D

Deleted member

Yeah, no sorry, that doesn't work, cause the PWC happened in the sequel, after Unova had established itself, so it it a cool reference, and not pandering.
Ah, so it's only pandering when it's not your favorite game in the series because of very specific reasoning but when that same reasoning is applied elsewhere it = pandering.

Gotcha.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Ah, so it's only pandering when it's not your favorite game in the series because of very specific reasoning but when that same reasoning is applied elsewhere it = pandering.

Gotcha.
Nah.

It's different because the PWT actively pandered to EVERY Generation, turning it into a celebration of the series rather than only focusing on one.

It's the difference between Fire Emblem Heroes and Fire Emblem Warriors.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior

Gotcha.
Well tbf that was from Black and White 2, which added in old Pokemon in the main game after people threw a fit about not having their old favourites so yeah it's pandering because people didn't want to play with the new toys and that's why they did it. Red's the only non Gym Leader/Elite 4/ Champion to be in the PWT iirc

D

Deleted member

Nah.

It's different because the PWT actively pandered to EVERY Generation, turning it into a celebration of the series rather than only focusing on one.

It's the difference between Fire Emblem Heroes and Fire Emblem Warriors.

But here's the thing, people in this thread said that because HGSS existed in Gen IV, and Kanto is in Gen IV, that Gen IV pandered to Gen 1.

I was using that logic to show how foolish that concept is. Also people were ignoring how many Gen III Pokemon got Mega Evolutions.

Like if we're going to say that other representation exists in Gen V's mode, the same should apply to Gen VI.

Natz~

Full of Hugs and Fire~
Still made Camus really useful though. :v
thats cause his stats don't follow typical dark mages builds lol, his stats are instead a standard mages with less speed and skill for extra hp and defense, his stats didn't cripple his class so thats why he became super useful

Pegasus are magical creatures though, so I'd be fine. :v
its not a giant cat or broom or weapon so i refuse :V

you'll still be fine, but refusal :V
Plus, Canto skill, means I can move out his range. :V
indeed~
True, I don't like mecha, but I still watch Zoids, and one other Mecha anime that had 3 female main characters, cause one is nostalgic to me, and the other is just one I found to be really good.

Oh and it had yuri subtext, so you can figure the rest out. :v
mhm

and lol
Yes, sounds like a great plan. Just let me find some new type of bullets, that will make Uni easier to light up. :troll:
well kinda to late on that, unis been...uh....castrated
The spot where we always bury Uni, before he comes back. The black 10 miles from your house, hidden in the deep part of the Nevermore forest. :v
oh...no
i burriied him in the backyard

though he still got up in the morning to make breakfast, so konnie once again proves to be indescrtuable :V
They may happen, but anyone tries to ship with anyone, I will not hesitate to shoot, then throw a boulder on top of them for good measure.
you can only delay the inveitable :V
Right so usual resurrection spot then. :v
he'll need it :V
Edit: Spoilered cause its longer then usual. Guess I needed to ****post to destress from work. Cause of all the maths and leveling up social skills with non-nerds I was interacting with.
hey hey~ all good here~ **** post and destress to your hearts content -3- and if ya need an ear to vent on ya always got some here~

Starlight_Lily

Stage Overflowing with Starlight
Superman is a ****ing treasure who would stop what he's doing because one girl's close to jumping off a building to talk her out of it. I'd show the panels in which he literally does that but I'm tired as hell and should be sleeping

Yeah, I've seen that panel. And it is 100% as awesome as it sounds.

Well tbf that was from Black and White 2, which added in old Pokemon in the main game after people threw a fit about not having their old favourites so yeah it's pandering because people didn't want to play with the new toys and that's why they did it. Red's the only non Gym Leader/Elite 4/ Champion to be in the PWT iirc

Well, technically, Red is actually the canonical Champion of Kanto in GSC. Lance was only really the champion of Johto. :v

Swamp Sensei

BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
But here's the thing, people in this thread said that because HGSS existed in Gen IV, and Kanto is in Gen IV, that Gen IV pandered to Gen 1.

I was using that logic to show how foolish that concept is. Also people were ignoring how many Gen III Pokemon got Mega Evolutions.

Like if we're going to say that other representation exists in Gen V's mode, the same should apply to Gen VI.
Pandering is the wrong word. People have been using that wrong.

People are just kind of sick of Kanto leaving others in the dust and they aren't able to vent their frustrations properly.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior

People are just kind of sick of Kanto leaving others in the dust and they aren't able to vent their frustrations properly.
I can vent my frustrations probably but it's 2am, I worked 7 hours, had to go to the store immediately after waking up and slept like **** last nigbt so I can't now. Gwen needs to sleep or else she'll strangle a carrot screaming that she wants a Mega Hydreigon that looks like it's original concept

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Red is canonically a Champion after taking the title from Blue. No way to argue anything else, really.

:bubblebobble:

Edit: Looks like it's fixed now.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I guess it's just something I won't ever agree with I suppose.

Like I never felt as someone who likes Gen 1 that I was being "pandered" to with Gen 6, if anything I felt they were trying to make old Pokemon more appealing for the newer gen fans by modernizing them with Mega's. The same concept also applies with Alolan forms as you can tell by their designs they are more "modern" in concept.

Not only that, but I feel there's a logical explanation to why each thing happened.

Gen 6 introduced a new evolution concept and each gen (except Gen 5 which only got 1) got tons of new evos and it's better to use older Pokemon in this situation because of the way they release games slowly but surely and trickle out mons over the years.

Gen 7 was during the 20th anniversary of Pokemon and Kanto is the most recognized region and the Pokemon from it are the most popular of the whole series, so it makes sense to appeal to the fans by celebrating the legacy in some form or fashion. It also allowed them to not have to create a whole slew of new Pokemon because at this point, let's be real, they are starting to run out of ideas on monsters cause they've done almost everything they could do. I think if they adopted this "alolan" concept with later gen mons and trickle it out each new generation it will be good from a game dev standpoint.

Let's Go is designed to appeal to the mass market using the most popular Pokemon and region, but they aren't neglecting the newer fans as they are putting in the effort to releasing a brand new generation next year. Like regardless if Let's Go existed or not, the game still would've been 2019 because Gamefreak needs time to make a proper next-gen (for them) Pokemon release.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585

Im guilty of saying Kanto Pandering but yeah, I only say Pandering because Im angry
:034:
but damn am I sick of kanto. Please GF, Please

I want Sinnoh again. please

Last edited:

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
So I was watching that cameo infested Maroon 5 new video with all the awesome ladies and...

Ellen Degeneres is 60 years old
Sarah Silverman is 47 years old.
Jennifer Lopez is 48 years old
Mary J Blige is 47 years old.
Elizabeth Banks is 44 years old.

Basically the oldest women in the video to my knowledge? Look just as young as the younger women in that video.

That potion from Death Becomes Her is real.

Or maybe it's just a case of ''If you're a good person and stay in your damn lane, you gonna be youthful and gorgeous forever."

Swamp Sensei

BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Like I never felt as someone who likes Gen 1 that I was being "pandered" to with Gen 6, if anything I felt they were trying to make old Pokemon more appealing for the newer gen fans by modernizing them with Mega's. The same concept also applies with Alolan forms as you can tell by their designs they are more "modern" in concept.

Not only that, but I feel there's a logical explanation to why each thing happened.

Gen 6 introduced a new evolution concept and each gen (except Gen 5 which only got 1) got tons of new evos and it's better to use older Pokemon in this situation because of the way they release games slowly but surely and trickle out mons over the years.

Gen 7 was during the 20th anniversary of Pokemon and Kanto is the most recognized region and the Pokemon from it are the most popular of the whole series, so it makes sense to appeal to the fans by celebrating the legacy in some form or fashion. It also allowed them to not have to create a whole slew of new Pokemon because at this point, let's be real, they are starting to run out of ideas on monsters cause they've done almost everything they could do. I think if they adopted this "alolan" concept with later gen mons and trickle it out each new generation it will be good from a game dev standpoint.
That's the thing. A lot of newer or more rounded fans felt ignored as well. They clearly weren't the targeted audience and they felt a bit cheated.

As you said. Gen V only got one.

Gen VI only got one.

It's the same concept.
a proper next-gen (for them) Pokemon release.
Why you gotta be snarky tho?

D

Deleted member

That's the thing. A lot of newer or more rounded fans felt ignored as well. They clearly weren't the targeted audience and they felt a bit cheated.

As you said. Gen V only got one.

Gen VI only got one.

It's the same concept.

Why you gotta be snarky tho?
Snarky? I'm referring to Gamefreak's latest Pokemon game being 3DS graphics and this will be a leap in generation with it being Switch.

Swamp Sensei

BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Snarky? I'm referring to Gamefreak's latest Pokemon game being 3DS graphics and this will be a leap in generation with it being Switch.
Oh.

I think I misunderstood "(for them)."

Ah well. Carry on.

Starlight_Lily

thats cause his stats don't follow typical dark mages builds lol, his stats are instead a standard mages with less speed and skill for extra hp and defense, his stats didn't cripple his class so thats why he became super useful
Basically his awesome growths saved him, basically what makes all units in weak classes great.

its not a giant cat or broom or weapon so i refuse :V

you'll still be fine, but refusal :V
If I had a thunder lance, will you let it slide? :v

well kinda to late on that, unis been...uh....castrated
I can still put holes in him, with my new armour piercing rounds. Fresh out of the armoury. :v

oh...no
i burriied him in the backyard

though he still got up in the morning to make breakfast, so konnie once again proves to be indescrtuable :V
Welp, since you did it there, clearly means your not worried about zombification. :v

Or it just proves the spite love he has for you, let's him keep coming back. Or you keep doing so much damage to him, its become a case of being to impossible to tell when he's just been knocked out, or is turning into a undead creature of the night. :v

you can only delay the inveitable :V
I'm not delaying anything, I'm sinking them all while their still in port. :v

ohe'll need it :V
Well, that is why he had it made. :v

ohey hey~ all good here~ **** post and destress to your hearts content -3- and if ya need an ear to vent on ya always got some here~
Yes, ****posting does help destress, plus Uni beat downs are strangely cathartic. :v

https://www.facebook.com/HISTORYasia/posts/10156641602388754:0?_rdc=1&_rdr
*something something history something something but everything changed when the Fate Nation attacked*

Basically, a history lesson about Joan of Arc was posted and the comments are nothing but about Fate Jeanne. Poor history.
Welp, that's Fate for you. Turning all major historical figures into Waifus. Get to Hitler, Churchill and Roosevelt already. :v

Erureido

Smash Hero
NNID
Erureido
3DS FC
5301-1552-4121
Switch FC
SW-4754-8756-2004
Finally finished grinding up my NY!Takumi. He's all ready to go!

Now to figure out some teammates for him.

I know a good physical tank already makes good synergy with NY!Takumi. The tank absorbs the physical hits that NY!Takumi struggles with, while NY!Takumi covers the weaknesses most tanks have against mages. My choices are coming down to either Shiro, Brave Ike, or VA!Hector. All three of them are my best physical tanks. Which one I choose will determine the last teammate. I'm already planning on slapping on my Performing Azura as my third teammate.

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
I wish I went F!Grima team to have my F!Corrin eternally kek on those Ike and L!Ike only squads :V

Starlight_Lily

Hey guys, let's say Soul Calibur VI was announced for Switch and Chrom was to be the guest character in it, how hyped would you be?

Obviously, we all know this would be Opossum Opossum reaction. :p

Last edited:

Robert of Normandy

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
NNID
shinpichu
3DS FC
2251-3915-5139
Switch FC
SW-4957-7233-2307
Hold up.

So now our ships are at the mercy of RNG?

And we could get duplicates?

And we could spend all our...NZ tokens or whatever and still not get the ship we want?

This sounds terrible.

I'm going to pull for F!Grima to cheer myself up.

Different kind of ship.

But you can still ship these ships if you want ships in your ships.

Erureido

Smash Hero
NNID
Erureido
3DS FC
5301-1552-4121
Switch FC
SW-4754-8756-2004
Hey guys, let's say Soul Calibur VI was announced for Switch and Chrome was to be the guest character in it, how hyped would you be?

Since Chrom is my favorite lord in the series, I'd very hyped to see in Soul Calibur VI. Heck, I'd even go as far as buying the game just to play him.

So yeah, you could say my reaction would be much like Opossum's.

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
Hey guys, let's say Soul Calibur VI was announced for Switch and Chrome was to be the guest character in it, how hyped would you be?

If Chrome was put in to SC6, I don't think Opo would be too happy man. Just saying.
Good evening, everyone. What's new?
Bubble Bobble has declared Martial Law on this thread for some reason.

Last edited:

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
So heroes gave me a third hardin. Not better than mine so:
Christmass came early this year! Just got to get a brave axe user and “if he hits ya it’s gonna hurt”

Obligatory Opossum Opossum tag

Ivander

Smash Legend
Hey guys, let's say Soul Calibur VI was announced for Switch and Chrom was to be the guest character in it, how hyped would you be?

I'd be surprised and somewhat excited. Somewhat. I still need to see what they will have in the game first. Cause if they truly believe just gameplay and fan favourites will enough and use that as an excuse for a huge lack of things to do, especially offline, they are mistaken.

Last edited:

Starlight_Lily

Because he wants Chrom in the game and having Chrome wouldn't bode well for him.
I don't what you are talking about, I clearly put Chrom there, not Chrome. :v

I'd be surprised and somewhat excited. Somewhat. I still need to see what they will have in the game first. Cause if they truly believe just gameplay and fan favourites will enough and use that as an excuse for a huge lack of things to do, especially offline, they are mistaken.
Why wouldn't a fighting game not have online? Seems a bit counter productive.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom