• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 6.0 - L'Arachel Edition, Apparently?

Best Galar Starter?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

WaddleMatt

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW 5950 1333 3717
I'd suggest Fire Emblem Awakening and Super Metroid as far as those series are concerned, though Metroid Prime 1 (or, if you have a Wii U, the Metroid Prime Trilogy) could work.

As far as other franchises that you haven't mentioned, get Star Fox 64 whenever possible. Pikmin 1, 2, or 3 could work, though I felt like Pikmin 1 had a tight time limit when I first played it. I found Wario Land 2 to be a good place to begin for the Wario series, and Xenoblade Chronicles is a great game, though unless you have a Wii U, it can either be hard to find or expensive. (though each game has a separate story, so you could just jump into Xenoblade 2 if you have a Switch)

For Punch-Out, either the NES or Wii games would work. If you have a Gamecube, you could get Animal Crossing and kill two birds with one stone - Punch-Out can be played through that game, though you need to make a town with a specific name, input a code to get it, and put the game on the ground in your normal town, so you'll need two memory cards.
Luckily I own both a Wii U and Gamecube and happen to own both Pikmin 1 and the original Animal Crossing. My Gamecube is not currently set up however but it is something I plan to do. I will note all these games down. Thanks for the list!

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
Looking at the names of the prototype 'Mons makes me ask something: Where did the English names come from?

This is a Japanese ROM and a lot of the English names are not literal translations of the Japanese ones.

CrusherMania1592

Deaf Smasher
Premium
3DS FC
5472-7454-3545
Finally got my Moon, Ultra Moon, and Ultra Sun teams ready to go!

Now I just need to train them so they can just dominate the rest of the game until the Elite 4

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
Luckily I own both a Wii U and Gamecube and happen to own both Pikmin 1 and the original Animal Crossing. My Gamecube is not currently set up however but it is something I plan to do. I will note all these games down. Thanks for the list!
Sounds good! I'm pretty sure that every game I mentioned aside from Wario Land 2, the Gamecube version of Animal Crossing, Fire Emblem Awakening, and Custom Robo are available on the Wii U's eShop, though Sin & Punishment is slightly more expensive than other N64 games. That should make getting them easier, though I don't know if storage would be an issue.

Last edited:

Wolfie557

Witch-King of the North
3DS FC
3153-4071-1007
Switch FC
SW 3128 8188 4021
i finally finished birthright, took me 17 hrs. Fav characters were defintely sakura and azura. As for the non royals...hana setsuna rinkah and saizo

Heavily considering finding a cheap Conquest, and then getting Revelations...however new FE is right around the corner and dont want to be tired out. I finished Awakening the other month as well.,.

But damn wanna get closer to the Nohr siblings and see how stupid the Hoshidans will be at the start, wanting war etc.....have great impressions of Camilla and Elise, but my hype will be on the new one along with Smash and so much more in just 9 days..

Last edited:

WaddleMatt

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW 5950 1333 3717
Sounds good! I'm pretty sure that every game I mentioned aside from Wario Land 2, the Gamecube version of Animal Crossing, Fire Emblem Awakening, and Custom Robo are available on the Wii U's eShop, though Sin & Punishment is slightly more expensive than other N64 games. That should make getting them easier, though I don't know if storage would be an issue.
I have a 3DS so that is fine for Fire Emblem. Wario Land 2 is probably on the eShop there I would guess.

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
I'm trying to make it my aim right now to get in to more Nintendo Franchises. Currently I am in to Mario, Kirby, Pokemon and Splatoon and have played a lot of Animal Crossing in the past. Currently trying to get into Zelda with Breath of the Wild. Are there any particular franchises I could look out for, I'm considering playing the mobile Fire Emblem game and possibly getting Metroid Prime 4 on release.
Cool. You should also look in to getting in to some of Nintendo's dormant series like F-Zero, Advance Wars, and Golden Sun. All great games that are on the shelf unfortunately.

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
Offering the GO perspective on some of these:
Okey-dokey.
Basically where we're at with Stardust. Just hoping it's actually EXP and not exactly where we're at with Stardust.

And yeah, the Pidgey pileup is real. Regular mass evolutions and box cleanouts save your soul.
If this is the case, maybe limiting the game to only the 151+ some Alolans may be a wise move. Then again, the system itself is kind of cruddy to begin with. But its semi-new so whatever.
Feel like the core games should've had this for ages - at least from any point in a town, if not in the wilds - although I understand why they haven't.
I'm assuming the worry is that one could exploit the system in some way, such as Computer Healing. But an obvious fix to that would be to simply remove Computer Healing.
This one I got some thoughts on.

CP's something we've had in GO since the start and it's the bane of my existence. If anything it complicates matters. All a mon's stats and level get blended together and you have to put work into telling them apart.

Sure, you can argue that a higher CP mon is generally speaking stronger than a lower CP mon, and sure it's always fun showing people how strong your dudes are at a glance, but IVs are still a thing and Stamina (which calculates HP) is generally overvalued over Attack (merging Attack and Special Attack) or Defense (merging Defense and Special Defense).

This leads to situations where you might have a mon with a technically higher CP that isn't able to tear up a lower-CP mon, or having a glass cannon that you're not aware of, or just generally not understanding where any individual mon's strengths or weaknesses lie.

If they don't have some way in-game to separate out what stats go into the CP calculation (which would in my eyes redeem it utterly; the one problem with it is how it obfuscates the rest of the stats, otherwise it's a decent at-a-glance kind of power gauge) be prepared. I've tolerated the CP system, not adored it, and if anything I'm kind to it. Wait until the wider fanbase gets reminded of it.
Hold up, let me get this straight. CP is basically an additional factor to a Pokémon's power?

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
If any of you followed the Sonic streams, you might remember Sergio/GeneHF, the social media intern (and later, social media co-ordinator). He left that job a while ago, but it turns out he's now the Social Media Manager at Level-5 Abby, and runs the Professor Layton and Yokai-Watch Twitter accounts.

Last edited:

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
Me after fighting a Sigurd for the first time: "What the **** is this ****er, how you can tank a Reinhardt to the face?"

Me after pulling him and reading the Genealogy story:
feelsthra.PNG

**** you Arvis, ****you so much, how you dare to hurt such a brave warrior by taking what he loved the most.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Okey-dokey.

If this is the case, maybe limiting the game to only the 151+ some Alolans may be a wise move. Then again, the system itself is kind of cruddy to begin with. But its semi-new so whatever.

I'm assuming the worry is that one could exploit the system in some way, such as Computer Healing. But an obvious fix to that would be to simply remove Computer Healing.

Hold up, let me get this straight. CP is basically an additional factor to a Pokémon's power?
The CP sort of shows the IV's of a pokemon. You can tell if a pokemon has max IV's based on what the CP says and what level you are.

The problem lies in figuring out what it's IV's are if it's not maxed (Like 99.9% of Pokemon) and if the Pokemon is not the highest it can be at your current level.

You can solve part of that problem by getting an analysis from the professor

Serebii has a list of what the max CP of a pokemon would be at any given level assuming it's max

Also the higher the CP the higher the stat total overall

Last edited:

Rebellious Treecko

Smash Hero
Joe Merrick has mentioned nothing about the supposed Spaceworld 1997 datamine of Pokemon Gold on his Twitter or site yet as far as I know.

With how good and elaborate ROM hacks can get, I can't blame poeple for being uncertain.

---

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
Joe Merrick has mentioned nothing about the supposed Spaceworld 1997 datamine of Pokemon Gold on his Twitter or site yet as far as I know.

With how good and elaborate ROM hacks can get, I can't blame poeple for being uncertain.

---

He confirmed the demo is real, however he can't say anything else because he could get in legal troubles.

CrusherMania1592

Deaf Smasher
Premium
3DS FC
5472-7454-3545
I'm trying to make it my aim right now to get in to more Nintendo Franchises. Currently I am in to Mario, Kirby, Pokemon and Splatoon and have played a lot of Animal Crossing in the past. Currently trying to get into Zelda with Breath of the Wild. Are there any particular franchises I could look out for, I'm considering playing the mobile Fire Emblem game and possibly getting Metroid Prime 4 on release.
Donkey Kong
Yoshi
Kirby
Star Fox
StarTropics (old school btw)
Kid Icarus
Smash Bros :troll:

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
The only things I find disappointing in it are Baby Paras, Baby Doduo, and Farfetch'd evo never became a thing.

Also that Pinsir and Bellsprout would have gotten an evolution like their counterparts, although I don't really care for them much

And Girafarig's original sprite, but we already knew about that/

Other than that, some of the evo's that made it into later games are actually better in this. Lickiliki is horrible, this thing isn't great, but it's better than that.

Last edited:

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
Colored version of the sprites.

Maaan wtf was going on with Bayleef lol.
The awkward teenage years of Meganium

Im pretty sure the thing between DhelmiseXSharpedo and Crobat is Eelektrik

Wolfie557

Witch-King of the North
3DS FC
3153-4071-1007
Switch FC
SW 3128 8188 4021
I mean, FE Heroes is free so why not...but obviously very simple. Still, Fire Emblem is truely an amazing series.

Kid Icarus Uprising is still one of the top games on the 3DS, while ALBW made me get into Zelda so after BOTW its a great start to see the 2D side. So those 2 games would be fantastic choices. Edit: or maybe ALBW first/both at once? Since BOTW will take a looong time.

Metroid I wanna get into myself, along with a few other series. Tho just Metroid Pikmin Xenoblade and DK im interested in atm..

Last edited:

redfeatherraven

Walk the Earth
Premium
BRoomer
NNID
RedTheMastermind
3DS FC
0576-4747-0597
Switch FC
SW-4098-7445-3995
Not exactly. CP is more like an "overall power" - you get it by plugging all its other stats into a formula.

Basically what it aims to do is replace all these numbers:

With these numbers:

But the problem is that it doesn't replace most of those numbers, it just hides them.

So the actual stats that remain are basically Stamina, Attack, and Defense, which are determined by its species and IVs, respectively. But you aren't given any of those - you only get to see HP, which itself is derived from its Stamina IV and its species, and you get to figure out the other two. Your Team Leader can hint at the values when they appraise your mon, but it's always in a range.

In brief they thought we were so scared of stat math that they hid all the stats, forcing us to do even more stat math to figure out the things we should damn well already know.

If that sounds like bull****, it's because it is.

Thankfully Let's Go at least lets you see your mons' levels - in the trailer, you can see them in their stat box in the trainer battle - so there's one point in its favor.

In GO, we get that lovely slider arc you see above Alakazam's head, which effectively shows its level in relation to your trainer level - if the dot gets all the way across, it's roughly at yours.

Last edited:

CrusherMania1592

Deaf Smasher
Premium
3DS FC
5472-7454-3545
Colored version of the sprites.

Maaan wtf was going on with Bayleef lol.
So based on that...

- Noctowl looks rather different. Would've been interesting if it was a 3 family line
- No idea what is next to Ampharos. Baby form of Vulpix?
- So Quilfish could've gotten an evolution
- Quagmire, no Wooper. Wow that's surprising
- Idk what is between Xatu and Marill and Marill and Crobat
- What the flying **** is between Skarmory and Sunflora? Another Ditto clone?
- Interesting a dark kitty. Could be an early stage of Lieppard?
- Politoed looks interesting. I think I'd take that form over how it looks currently
- Ledian looks different
- Ponyta having a pre-evo?
- Slowking is just uh....yeah
- Wonder what the red dog is for....another Fire type?
- So is Bellsprout supposed to have 2 family lines like they did with Gloom evolving to Vilepume and Sunflora? Because I really like that design and they should've made that happen
- Wtf is that a fire seal Pokemon between Miltank and Delibird?
- A Thunder mouse duo? Interesting that would've made a good rival for Pikachu
- WHAT THE FLYING ****. THEY SHOULD'VE MADE THAT GODDAMN PINSIR EVOLUTION!!!! :mad:
- Steelix and Kingdra being later in this is quite surprising. Guess they were supposed to be rarer than most
- Legendary Trio had a different design. Happy they kept their current forms
- The lack of Lugia, Tyranitar family, etc is surprising
- So was Leafeon planned earlier than expected?

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I could have transferred the original Farfetch'd that went with me through the Elite 4 in Red and Blue, AKA DUX, and had him evolve in Gold/ Silver and fought the new Elite 4

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
Kinda surprising to see Neither has the most votes in this poll and Undecided is right behind it.

I expected to see this game to get blowback yes but not on this level.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Kinda surprising to see Neither has the most votes in this poll and Undecided is right behind it.

Well, I voted Undecided because I'm not going to commit to a version and find out that it's not the one with Sandshrew or something.

...Farfetch'd doesn't even have an evolution
He doesn't NOW

But he did in the Beta

RIP.png

That's why I said I could have

(Evolves from Farfetch'd at level 24)

Last edited:

redfeatherraven

Walk the Earth
Premium
BRoomer
NNID
RedTheMastermind
3DS FC
0576-4747-0597
Switch FC
SW-4098-7445-3995

It's not this crew's usual board of fare, so I'm not surprised by either of those.

What I am surprised about is that someone's joined me in the Both option.

RamOne

Mr. Blue Sky
NNID
Mr.Baron
3DS FC
3926-5004-2681
So based on that...

- No idea what is next to Ampharos. Baby form of Vulpix?
Yes.

- Quagmire
Giggity.

- Idk what is between Xatu and Marill
Baby Goldeen.

- What the flying **** is between Skarmory and Sunflora? Another Ditto clone?
Ditto evolution.

- Ponyta having a pre-evo?
Yup.

- Wonder what the red dog is for....another Fire type?
Baby Growlithe.

...Farfetch'd doesn't even have an evolution
His avatar is actually the scrapped Farfetch'd evolution.

Last edited:

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
I know it's never going to happen but it would be funny if Smogon put the beta content into Showdown

Last edited:

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511

I warmed up to the game after getting a bad first impression.
However the GO mechanics and no Steelix are definite dealbreakers to me.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I want to mention, this is exactly the kind of **** that Pat (The NES Punk) talks about in his Podcasts.

Some rich collector hoards these things and doesn't let the public know about that.

The only reason people know is because he died and his stuff was sold and finally the rom was dumped.

So many things could be lost to history because of that

Last edited:

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Was training Bridal Ninian and got a funny exchange from the unit selection quotes.

Ninian: "Let's be happy!"
Olivia: "S-sure..."

Chrono.

What's funny about the beta is that there's still Pokemon from that gen that were lost or redesigned.

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
Some of the scrapped Mon remind me of some of the weird*** designs I used to see when reading the Beckett Pokémon magazines back in the day.

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
Remind me why the base game story mode looks like a massive joke compared to the Octo Expansion's?
Because the Splatoon devs think that the single player should be a tutorial for new players to initiate them into the game etc. etc. I don't agree with it but that's their logic.

Granted, Octo Expansion is looking (rather deliberately) more Portal with an almost complete emphasis on puzzles and enemies practically being set dressing when I'm more craving a Ratchet & Clank/ Kid Icarus: Uprising experience of puzzles being more subdued and enemies actually being worth a crab, but at least I get good dialog regardless.

Im at work and now songs from the new gorillaz album are coming out apparently?

I was barely able to hear Humility, but i need to get off work ASAP.

I need my ****ing Gorillaz music. And I need it Now Now
:061:

RamOne

Mr. Blue Sky
NNID
Mr.Baron
3DS FC
3926-5004-2681
What's funny about the beta is that there's still Pokemon from that gen that were lost or redesigned.

That can be explained:
'Many Pokemon fans had assumed that this image was prototype artwork for future pokemon games - two of those clearly look like Bangirasu (Tyranitar) and Protoga (Tirtouga) - but it looks like that wasn't the case at all! This was just a fun "what if" image Mr. Sugimori whipped up for a game magazine back in 1997 that just happens to feature designs that would later be recycled for the main series Pocket Monsters games.'
Source: http://dogasu.bulbagarden.net/features/sugimori_kens_works.html

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom