• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 6.0 - L'Arachel Edition, Apparently?

Best Galar Starter?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
Stay safe Obobo.
oh dont worry, I made it clear I never wanna move to a place where family is constantly getting killed.

he asked that because he is renovating my granmamas house and said "you can have a free house down there" Luckly he understood why I said "Hell no"

Last edited:

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
oh dont worry, I made it clear I never wanna move to a place where family is cinstantly getting killed.

he asked that because he is renovating my granmamas house and said "you can have a free house down there" Luckly he understood why I said "Hell no"
Good, good. I don't want anything to happen to you.

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
Huh? Not even the Japanese version works apparently.

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
Guess I gotta let the hackers do their thing. :)

Chrono.

Zamasu and Vegito dropped on NA PSN, finally.

Both feel pretty good to use, Zamasu being the more technical of the two.

Erureido

Smash Hero
NNID
Erureido
3DS FC
5301-1552-4121
Switch FC
SW-4754-8756-2004
Journey to the West begins today in Fate/Grand Order, and with that it means Xuanzang was finally released! I spent 5 Summoning Tickets and 60 Saint Quartz to see if I'd get lucky to pull her, but sadly, I failed to pull her.

However, I did get some good stuff. This was what I got in the first SQ summoning session:

Well well, why don't you look at that. I pulled the best 4-star Lancer in the game! That's pretty cool.

And looks like Li Shuwen was quite interested in becoming my servant, because in the very next SQ summoning session, I pulled yet another Li Shuwen. This means my Li Shuwen now has a Level 2 Noble Phantasm!

I'm not sure if I want to train Li Shuwen right away though. I know he's good and he's one of the bonus servants for this event, but I need to get him some Dragon Fangs so that he can ascend.

In one of the 5 Summoning Tickets I used, I also managed to pull one of the 5-star Craft Essences: Go West!! During my second SQz summoning session, I pulled the True Samadhi Fire Craft Essence as well. Good stuff! This should make the grind through Journey to the West easier alongside my Mordred and David.

Kinda feeling tempted to spend another 30 SQz to see if I can still Xuanzang, especially since she's started to grow on me as a character from what I've seen of her in the event thus far (quite a fun character too), but then I remembered tomorrow is the chance to get more Summoning Tickets from the normal shop using Mana Prisms, so I guess I'll just use those.

Last edited:

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
Looking at all this beta stuff (particularly the beta overworld), i'm glad i'm on the right side of history when it comes to Gen 2.

I know those were prototypes and all but they look pretty damn ugly. And the Kanto region is a complete mess in that version. Gen 2 had to scrap some things for Kanto but at least it still felt like Kanto unlike that.

Based Iwata for coming through with this game.
That patch from ResetEra is for the prototype, not the final release.
Yeah I got confused lol.

Also another thing is that Green was gonna be the main Pokemon professor and not Elm.
In hindsight, it's actually pretty funny considering Green's anime counterpart,Gary went on to become a professor lol.

Maybe the anime had knowledge to this which is why they made Gary a professor instead of a Gym Leader?

EDIT: Oops double post sry mods!

Last edited by a moderator:

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
The Tangela pre-evolution might be my favorite of the bunch. I love Tangela, and the baby form is adorable.

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
I remember back in middle school blowing some kid's mind because I caught Mewtwo with an Ultra Ball. Like seriously their entire Pokemon worldview shattered because of the Ultra Ball.

Made me feel like the coolest 10 year old.
I actually caught Mewtwo with a Poke Ball way back when lol.
When I was six or seven I used my Master Ball on a Seel and my brother called me a word that has fallen out of the acceptable lexicon and I cried.

Good times.
No lie I actually did this myself on a :019: as a kid and my brother was super pissed lol.
Interesting to note some of these ideas were later placed into DP. Early Leafeon, early Mime Jr, Lickitung evolution, Tangela evolution... And also some of the maps look alike. This one for example, it's pretty much Canalave City:
And one of the cities actually kinda resembles Snowpoint City in the far top right.
>The Sailor Moon Crystal mexican dub is keeping all the possible original VAs from the 90s series
If they tried doing that for the English version, they'd have to bring all the VA's from the Canadian dub back lol.

Last edited:

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Sonic Mania Adventures Part 3 is up.

Ray makes a cameo.

Also that was a nice remix of the S3&K Knuckles theme.

Threw my first Master Ball at Mewtwo.

Not sure off the top of my head if I've thrown any since.

Damn. That it be.

I think Colors actually provides a better showcase of the improvements, honestly. The chokepoint for either now is the geometry, but in Colors that's mostly relegated to background elements like trees and very, very far background objects, while in XC you've got Rothbart up against the PCs and the environment looking like someone summoned him in from 2006.

Also that poor pre-rendered Colors cutscene at 4:37. :awesome:

Seriously though, this is awesome stuff. Is there some kind of tutorial for this available? I'd like to play around with it myself.
There are plenty of tutorials, though what ones you need depends on what exactly you want to do.

In general, if you want to get CEMU up and running (Wii U Emulation), BSoD Gaming has the best tutorials and guides, as I believe he is actually a developer or contributor of some kind on the project. Regardless, I followed his videos for various things, and it was pretty easy. His videos are very well scripted to keep things as short and concise as possible. You may need extra ones though for things like getting online play up and running (as in connecting to official Nintendo servers, traditional Netplay hasn't been implemented into CEMU yet), but if you just want to test games out offline for the time being, he has videos covering absolutely everything else. He also makes videos that give previews of upcoming CEMU builds and makes updates regarding game compatibility.

For Dolphin, it's fairly straightforward to set up, and you can find various videos and text tutorials to help you out if you need to. For the enhanced Xenoblade I showcased, there isn't a tutorial that fully covers everything, but I could help you out with that if need be. This thread contains links to all of the downloads you will need for it, though (except for the game .iso). For playing Dolphin games in 60 FPS that normally run at 30 FPS, you can, for example, google "sonic colors 60fps code". To achieve 60 FPS for non-60 FPS games in Dolphin, you need to use Action Replay or Gecko codes, which Dolphin has built-in support for. Most of the big games you would want to play have one already made so it's as simple as copy-pasting the code into that game's file for the AR/Gecko codes.

I still haven't got Citra (3DS emulation) set-up yet since getting games for it may require that I install custom firmware on a 3DS, and I'm not sure about doing that on my main 3DS (I do have a spare though). I'll talk to my brother about that today actually, since he recently installed custom firmware on his New 3DS.[/MEDIA]

Last edited:

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
I decided to check out Serebii for new and read a few things that were new to me.

Serebii said:
Wild encounters have changed considerably from past games. First, the Pokémon appear on the overworld and encounters start when you walk into it. From there, the wild encounter is completely different. Rather than battle them to weaken them, you simply just capture them. Capturing does provide experience for the player's Pokémon.
Okay, so capturing still gives EXP. That means there's no need to dumb the AI down. It just means your box will have a lot of Pidgey and ****. Speaking of PCs...
Serebii said:
A new element that has been confirmed is that the Pokémon box is no longer only accessible through the PC at Pokémon Centers, but rather you can check the Pokémon and make switches from anywhere through your Bag.
This is another dream addition I've longed for. PC can now be accessed anywhere- meaning you can catch, check, and release/keep much faster.
Serebii said:
Combat Points are a feature introduced in Pokémon GO that carries over to this game. Combat Points are an aesthetic only determination of the stats that take the Pokémon's stats, and IVs and puts them in a calculation to display to help determine the true strengths of the Pokémon You can see a Pokémon's CP on the capture screen.
I'm not sure if I understand this very well, but it sounds much more simpler than IVs. Combined with the PC pocket, this makes farming MUCH easier.

Simplicity is starting to become this game's greatest boon. That being said, I'm still skeptical. But nonetheless interested now.

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
Is there anyway to get passed the first city? I can't read anything and I don't see a way to cut down the tree.

Last edited:

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
*muffled Jump-Up, Super Star! in the distance*

There was a problem fetching the tweet

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
It’s interesting how this was actually kind of real all this time:

Blargg888

Oh okay.
NNID
Emerald_Latios
3DS FC
1977-0669-4694
Switch FC
SW-1254-5927-2992
I decided to check out Serebii for new and read a few things that were new to me.

Okay, so capturing still gives EXP. That means there's no need to dumb the AI down. It just means your box will have a lot of Pidgey and ****. Speaking of PCs...

This is another dream addition I've longed for. PC can now be accessed anywhere- meaning you can catch, check, and release/keep much faster.

I'm not sure if I understand this very well, but it sounds much more simpler than IVs. Combined with the PC pocket, this makes farming MUCH easier.

Simplicity is starting to become this game's greatest boon. That being said, I'm still skeptical. But nonetheless interested now.
I think what they're saying is that it's similar to the Ratings in the newer Fire Emblems. Where a characters Rating is the sum of their stats.
Something similar to that.

Hockeyfan44

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Shockwv478
Just saw the reveal trailer for Maxi in Soul Calibur VI, and dare I say it... as excited as I am for the new Smash title, I'm much more excited for Soul Calibur VI, and that's because I've never played Soul Calibur before and I really want to get into it. Speaking of Soul Calibur VI I need to start playing Witcher 3, since Geralt is in SCVI too and I want to see what all the fuss is about.

Last edited:
If this AC is in Greece it neeeeeeeds to come to switch. I've been waiting to go to Greece since Rome and i would 100% buy an AC in greece, even if i havent played since 3
:061:

redfeatherraven

Walk the Earth
Premium
BRoomer
NNID
RedTheMastermind
3DS FC
0576-4747-0597
Switch FC
SW-4098-7445-3995
There are plenty of tutorials, though what ones you need depends on what exactly you want to do.
Admittedly not 100% sure yet. Need to sit and ponder my library for a while.

But much obliged on the direction. I'll get digging around for things and we'll see where it goes.

XC in particular is absolutely on the table for this kind of thing; if I take that plunge I'll reach out.

Offering the GO perspective on some of these:

Okay, so capturing still gives EXP. That means there's no need to dumb the AI down. It just means your box will have a lot of Pidgey and ****.
Basically where we're at with Stardust. Just hoping it's actually EXP and not exactly where we're at with Stardust.

And yeah, the Pidgey pileup is real. Regular mass evolutions and box cleanouts save your soul.

Speaking of PCs...

Feel like the core games should've had this for ages - at least from any point in a town, if not in the wilds - although I understand why they haven't.

When you're fighting the wild mons and trainers you run into, being able to swap exhausted mons out makes things trivial. Enforcing that kind of checkpoint is important to ensure you build a team that can go the literal-not-figurative distance.

Removing that tension is consistent with the dip in difficulty they're aiming for so no big shock there, but I expect Gen 8 won't take the cue.

This one I got some thoughts on.

CP's something we've had in GO since the start and it's the bane of my existence. If anything it complicates matters. All a mon's stats and level get blended together and you have to put work into telling them apart.

Sure, you can argue that a higher CP mon is generally speaking stronger than a lower CP mon, and sure it's always fun showing people how strong your dudes are at a glance, but IVs are still a thing and Stamina (which calculates HP) is generally overvalued over Attack (merging Attack and Special Attack) or Defense (merging Defense and Special Defense).

This leads to situations where you might have a mon with a technically higher CP that isn't able to tear up a lower-CP mon, or having a glass cannon that you're not aware of, or just generally not understanding where any individual mon's strengths or weaknesses lie.

If they don't have some way in-game to separate out what stats go into the CP calculation (which would in my eyes redeem it utterly; the one problem with it is how it obfuscates the rest of the stats, otherwise it's a decent at-a-glance kind of power gauge) be prepared. I've tolerated the CP system, not adored it, and if anything I'm kind to it. Wait until the wider fanbase gets reminded of it.

Last edited:

Blargg888

Oh okay.
NNID
Emerald_Latios
3DS FC
1977-0669-4694
Switch FC
SW-1254-5927-2992

WaddleMatt

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW 5950 1333 3717
I'm trying to make it my aim right now to get in to more Nintendo Franchises. Currently I am in to Mario, Kirby, Pokemon and Splatoon and have played a lot of Animal Crossing in the past. Currently trying to get into Zelda with Breath of the Wild. Are there any particular franchises I could look out for, I'm considering playing the mobile Fire Emblem game and possibly getting Metroid Prime 4 on release.

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
I'm trying to make it my aim right now to get in to more Nintendo Franchises. Currently I am in to Mario, Kirby, Pokemon and Splatoon and have played a lot of Animal Crossing in the past. Currently trying to get into Zelda with Breath of the Wild. Are there any particular franchises I could look out for, I'm considering playing the mobile Fire Emblem game and possibly getting Metroid Prime 4 on release.
I'd suggest Fire Emblem Awakening and Super Metroid as far as those series are concerned, though Metroid Prime 1 (or, if you have a Wii U, the Metroid Prime Trilogy) could work.

As far as other franchises that you haven't mentioned, get Star Fox 64 whenever possible. Pikmin 1, 2, or 3 could work, though I felt like Pikmin 1 had a tight time limit when I first played it. I found Wario Land 2 to be a good place to begin for the Wario series, and Xenoblade Chronicles is a great game, though unless you have a Wii U, it can either be hard to find or expensive. (though each game has a separate story, so you could just jump into Xenoblade 2 if you have a Switch)

For Punch-Out, either the NES or Wii games are good ways to get into the franchise. If you have a Gamecube, you could get Animal Crossing and kill two birds with one stone - Punch-Out can be played through that game, though you need to make a town with a specific name, input a code to get it, and put the game on the ground in your normal town, so you'll need two memory cards.

There's also Sin & Punishment and Custom Robo, but those are harder to get into; the original Sin & Punishment is only available through download, and I'm pretty sure that only one Custom Robo game was released outside of Japan.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom