• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 6.0 - L'Arachel Edition, Apparently?

Best Galar Starter?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
*Notices the new Legendary Hero banner has dropped.

"Aw yeah! It's finally time to put those 105 orbs into use!"

*Spends the 105 orbs in various summoning sessions in the hopes of pulling NY!Takumi, Legendary Ryoma, Gunthra, Innes, NY!Azura, or some other really good unit.

*Gets ABSOLUTELY NOTHING during the course of those orbs (as in ZERO 5-stars).

The 8% rate-up is a lie! A LIE I tell you!

Seriously, this is probably the biggest slap in the face I've ever received in Fire Emblem Heroes...
I’m sorry. I feel the same although I only had 60 orbs for it. But still it’s never fun to put that much in and get nothing. I’m at 9 percent. I just want any red and Christmas robin would be cool but that requires some more luck.
So best leaker Walmart wants everyone to know Team Sonic Racing is a thing.
https://www.walmart.com/ip/Team-Sonic-Racing-Sega-Nintendo-Switch-010086770070/481595318
Check it out while it's still up.

View attachment 146179 View attachment 146180
If you've wanted to play as an Egg Pawn in a Sonic game, your day has finally come.

Also, they say lightning doesn't strike twice, but Walmart does.

At this point I expect Walmart of all things to leak smash switch lmao.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Pumpkin Hill should be a track in that Sonic Racing game. Seaside Hill too, just because the aesthetic for the stage is strong as hell. Kind of sucks that it's not a full SEGA crossover, but hey, there's still more than enough to work with.

redfeatherraven

Walk the Earth
Premium
BRoomer
NNID
RedTheMastermind
3DS FC
0576-4747-0597
Switch FC
SW-4098-7445-3995
So.

Any way to make a ponytail not be a maddening swish-swish torture device on the back of one's neck without going full manbun?

Asking for a friend.

Pumpkin Hill should be a track in that Sonic Racing game.
****. Yes. :denzel:

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I beat that hellspawn of a lobster
**** that lobster and his friends, it was even riding on a chicken
So.

Any way to make a ponytail not be a maddening swish-swish torture device on the back of one's neck without going full manbun?

Asking for a friend.
No, you cannot. Trust me.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030

Pokemon XD: Gale of Darkness...had some weird shiny Pokemon, though some of the changes were kind of neat.

So.

Asking for a friend.

****. Yes. :denzel:
Glad you agree.

AlphaSSB

Bring Back Star Fox
3DS FC
0018-1370-8449
Switch FC
0691-1639-9303
Wasn't here for the initial Pokemon discussion, but might as well share my thoughts.

Personally, I'm pretty interested in it. Not exactly what I was hoping for, but it's a nice change of pace that'll keep me until the main-series game comes out next year.

Curious if we'll be able to evolve Pikachu or Eevee at all, happy to see our Pokemon following us around again, and hoping that two-player will be apart of future Pokemon games.

redfeatherraven

Walk the Earth
Premium
BRoomer
NNID
RedTheMastermind
3DS FC
0576-4747-0597
Switch FC
SW-4098-7445-3995
Glad you agree.
Real talk minute.

I unironically enjoy Pumpkin Hill.

Probably the lightest lyrical cheese in any of Knux' Adventure tracks, and by far the best beat.

Also one of my favorite stages out of SA2.

Had I the power I'd pepper references to either in any and every Sonic side game I could. Which is probably why I don't work for Sega. But I would.

Curious if we'll be able to evolve Pikachu or Eevee at all -
Afraid not. They've already confirmed the starter partners won't evolve.

- happy to see our Pokemon following us around again, and hoping that two-player will be apart of future Pokemon games.
Agreed to both. Hope they take notes on that for Gen 8.

Personal sidenote; really want them to keep the motion-control throw mechanic from Go too, as long as they bring back fighting wild mons to weaken them first and tie the throw to ball usage from the bag.

I would goddamn fastball those Excellents for a catch rate bonus if it were on top of everything else and y'all can't tell me you wouldn't do the same.

Last edited:

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Curious if we'll be able to evolve Pikachu or Eevee at all,
They have confirmed that you will not be able to.

But they also confirmed the ability to catch other Pikachu and Eevee and you can evolve those.

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
Serebii said:
When asking about EV training Pokémon, IGN reveals that the team wanted to simplify things with how you level up, raise & train your Pokémon, stating more details will come at a later date
If they remove Natures, then I will like this game much, much more.

D

Deleted member

At the end of the day the new Pokemon games are a great idea. I've seen so many people talk about how their girlfriends are super interested in this, especially due to co-op.

I've seen people who don't like Pokemon wanting to give this a shot elsewhere and it makes sense why.

As much as there are Pokemon fans, there are still tons of people who aren't, and this game will be the perfect bridge for a new generation of Pokemon fans.

Pokemon enthusiasts need to realize that Pokemon as it is in its current form is a lot to absorb for a newcomer with IVs, EVs, Breeding, Natures, Abilities, Physical, Special, Held items, Pokemon count...like it doesn't seem much to people who play the games often but you step into the series new and it's a lot to absorb all at once which can be daunting, especially the breeding aspect.

This is good for the series to have a focused title that is easier to grasp.

Last edited by a moderator:

AlphaSSB

Bring Back Star Fox
3DS FC
0018-1370-8449
Switch FC
0691-1639-9303
Agreed to both. Hope they take notes on that for Gen 8.

Personal sidenote; really want them to keep the motion-control throw mechanic from Go too, as long as they bring back fighting wild mons to weaken them first and tie the throw to ball usage from the bag.

I would goddamn fastball those Excellents for a catch rate bonus if it were on top of everything else and y'all can't tell me you wouldn't do the same.
I think the idea of using the Pokeball or Joycons to throw and catch Pokemon in future installments would be pretty cool, but I'm with you in saying that as long as they bring back fighting the wild Pokemon.

Would be wise to make throwing it like that a toggle-able option, though.

But they also confirmed the ability to catch other Pikachu and Eevee and you can evolve those.
Ah, expected as much. Wasn't aware of the confirmation though, thanks.

Even though Pikachu would probably be more useful, I love Eevee, so I'd probably her the Eevee version.

The Stoopid Unikorn

Spiciest of Guacamoles
Switch FC
SW-4202-4979-0504
We don't know just yet, but at the same time, Pokemon Yellow was the same way. The game is based on the anime.
It may work in the anime, but it's still a really weird decision in terms of game design.

Ash would always use his Pikachu, but actual gamers would likely keep their starters on the bench because of it.

Last edited:

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Watched the Pokemon trailer, and my only problem is the lack of having to battle wild Pokemon. They could still keep the Pokemon GO capture mechanic, but have it come up when you select "capture" on the menu during a wild Pokemon battle. They have battle mechanics there for trainer battles so "it would be too much for casuals" isn't much of an excuse, they're already learning those mechanics.

Don't really care for losing the extra fluff like IVs and breeding and such if that happens, but they might still have those.

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
At the end of the day the new Pokemon games are a great idea. I've seen so many people talk about how their girlfriends are super interested in this, especially due to co-op.

I've seen people who don't like Pokemon wanting to give this a shot elsewhere and it makes sense why.

As much as there are Pokemon fans, there are still tons of people who aren't, and this game will be the perfect bridge for a new generation of Pokemon fans.

Pokemon enthusiasts need to realize that Pokemon as it is in its current form is a lot to absorb for a newcomer with IVs, EVs, Breeding, Natures, Abilities, Physical, Special, Held items, Pokemon count...like it doesn't seem much to people who play the games often but you step into the series new and it's a lot to absorb all at once which can be daunting, especially the breeding aspect.

This is good for the series to have a focused title that is easier to grasp.
Well I think there's a happy medium to find where you don't have to completely omit leveling up and battling wild Pokemon lol.

I don't think casuals are that dumb to not know what that is. Especially considering they're lapsed fans from Gen 1/2.

D

Deleted member

It may work in the anime, but it's still a really weird decision in terms of game design.

Ash would always use his Pikachu, but actual gamers would likely keep their starters on the bench because of it.
Well we'll just have to wait and see. Right now enthusiasts have a lot of questions, but there's only so much that could be shown in one video.

D

Deleted member

Well I think there's a happy medium to find where you don't have to completely omit leveling up and battling wild Pokemon lol.

I don't think casuals are that dumb to not know what that is. Especially considering they're lapsed fans from Gen 1/2.
I've talked to people who actually like this change, myself included. I've played the same damn game for almost 20 years. 20 years...I think this not only is good for newcomers but good for people like me who are tired of the typical take Pokemon to red then spam Pokeballs.

As for leveling up being omitted, I don't recall that amywhere.

Ivander

Smash Legend
*sees all of the posts talking about how they got nothing from the Ryoma Banner or didn't get L!Ryoma with lots of Orbs*
*looks at +DEF, -RES L!Ryoma that was gotten with 14 Orbs*

Last edited:

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
*sees all of the posts talking about how they got nothing from the Ryoma Banner or didn't get L!Ryoma with lots of Orbs*
*looks at +DEF, -RES L!Ryoma that was gotten with 14 Orbs*
I guess my luck is only with Niles and Jakobs and Robins because I got several Niles yesterday and I have no problems with that.

redfeatherraven

Walk the Earth
Premium
BRoomer
NNID
RedTheMastermind
3DS FC
0576-4747-0597
Switch FC
SW-4098-7445-3995
I think the idea of using the Pokeball or Joycons to throw and catch Pokemon in future installments would be pretty cool, but I'm with you in saying that as long as they bring back fighting the wild Pokemon.

Would be wise to make throwing it like that a toggle-able option, though.
Toggle-able is fine.

Let me tell you though, as a Go player, the dopamine rush from an Excellent throw is just a beautiful, beautiful thing.

They start letting me nail that consistently, I might never go back.

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
I've talked to people who actually like this change, myself included. I've played the same damn game for almost 20 years. 20 years...I think this not only is good for newcomers but good for people like me who are tired of the typical take Pokemon to red then spam Pokeballs.

As for leveling up being omitted, I don't recall that amywhere.
That's a matter of opinion. I'm sure many of us here prefer the old way of damaging wild Pokemon and then capturing them. I don't like the Pokemon GO way of catching Pokemon.

And without battling wild Pokemon, it makes it very hard to grind and get stronger. All in all it's a dumb change that never needed to happen.

redfeatherraven

Walk the Earth
Premium
BRoomer
NNID
RedTheMastermind
3DS FC
0576-4747-0597
Switch FC
SW-4098-7445-3995
Don't really care for losing the extra fluff like IVs and breeding and such if that happens, but they might still have those.
Depending on how hard they're borrowing: while breeding isn't a thing in Go (and I don't see it coming as a priority over trading or PVP mechanics), IVs still are, and I'd expect them to at least carry that over.

That's a matter of opinion. I'm sure many of us here prefer the old way of damaging wild Pokemon and then capturing them. I don't like the Pokemon GO way of catching Pokemon.

And without battling wild Pokemon, it makes it very hard to grind and get stronger. All in all it's a dumb change that never needed to happen.
Agreed, but...

D

Deleted member

Here's the thing about your opinion and others on this issue, the main game is coming next year. This game existing or not existing doesn't matter in the end because the main game is coming out next year for people like yourselves. This game may not be for you, and that's fine, not every game needs to be that. What this game aims to be is a bridge for new and casual players not the hardcore enthusiasts.

You say this assuming Gamefreak isn't designing the game based around this new mechanic. We literally don't know all the details, wait till we see more.

D

Deleted member

You all think Not!Pokemon GO will still have a catching tutorial?

I was gonna say that if you don't have a full Eeveelution team you're doing it wrong but then I remembered only three of them will be avaible.
Then what's the point of making the starter unable to evolve?
Masochism.

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
Agreed, but...

I just want battling wild Pokemon to be a thing. Everything else I don't care about.
Here's the thing about your opinion and others on this issue, the main game is coming next year. This game existing or not existing doesn't matter in the end because the main game is coming out next year for people like yourselves. This game may not be for you, and that's fine, not every game needs to be that. What this game aims to be is a bridge for new and casual players not the hardcore enthusiasts.
As someone who was in the minority of being excited for another Kanto remake, it is disappointing for me.
You say this assuming Gamefreak isn't designing the game based around this new mechanic. We literally don't know all the details, wait till we see more.
As it stands right now, i'm very disappointed in the gameplay mechanic change. I doubt it's going to change very much.

Last edited:

AlphaSSB

Bring Back Star Fox
3DS FC
0018-1370-8449
Switch FC
0691-1639-9303
Also, don't know if this has been shared already, or if anyone cares, but the new Fallout game's teaser trailer released.

D

Deleted member

I just want battling wild Pokemon to be a thing. Everything else I don't care about.

As someone who was in the minority of being excited for a another Kanto remake, it is disappointing for me.

As it stands right now, i'm very disappointed in the gameplay mechanic change. I doubt it's going to change very much.
No what I'm referring to is your view on there not being a way to obtain EXP without Wild Battles. I'm pretty sure there will be something else in the game to circumvent this.

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
No what I'm referring to is your view on there not being a way to obtain EXP without Wild Battles. I'm pretty sure there will be something else in the game to circumvent this.
Outside trainer battles, what else could there possibly be?

And really that's like the bread and butter of any PKMN game to get stronger. Removing that just makes everything convoluted AF.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

And really that's like the bread and butter of any PKMN game to get stronger. Removing that just makes everything convoluted AF.
How the hell am I suppose to know what is there? I don't work at Gamefreak but they are a huge game developer that make successful games, they aren't gonna just introduce a new mechanic that's a core mechanic in a new game without actually putting thought process into it.

And no, if anything this is far less convoluted but keep telling yourself that.

redfeatherraven

Walk the Earth
Premium
BRoomer
NNID
RedTheMastermind
3DS FC
0576-4747-0597
Switch FC
SW-4098-7445-3995
Stardust.

Wouldn't agree with Stardust implementation - really only think it works in Go - but you asked and I answered.

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
How the hell am I suppose to know what is there? I don't work at Gamefreak but they are a huge game developer that make successful games, they aren't gonna just introduce a new mechanic that's a core mechanic in a new game without actually putting thought process into it.

And no, if anything this is far less convoluted but keep telling yourself that.
I'm just saying without wild PKMN battles, trainer battles will be one of the very few things to grind. It's going to be convoluted as hell to train and level up. Unless they force a crappy gimmick on us as a replacement for wild PKMN battles. Is that really too much to question? Granted I know we don't know all the details about this game yes but i'm hard pressed in to thinking any alternatives that aren't wack.

And please, lets tone it down with the "keep telling yourself that".
Stardust.

Wouldn't agree with Stardust implementation - really only think it works in Go - but you asked and I answered.
I actually never heard of that before lol.

Really wish this game was less GO centric. I'm in the awkward middle of someone who's excited for more Kanto but doesn't like GO lol.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Making wild Pomemon battles and trainer battles utilize completely different mechanics creates a huge disconnect that is in no way necessary. One is supposed to accomodate to the other, imagine if other RPGs changed their battle systems depending on if they were random encounters or scripted battles.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom