• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 6.0 - L'Arachel Edition, Apparently?

Best Galar Starter?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
Base attack is kind of meh but the doubles are literally free.

That sound you hear is a thousand glass cannons ****ting their pants in unholy unison.
He legit learned Shell Smash
Gained 4 of speed at the cost of a bit of resistance

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I might get Pokemon Let's Go Eevee or Pikachu but I'm not going to make it a priority

Ivander

Smash Legend
Legendary Ryoma stats

Looks like a fast Lobster
Base attack is kind of meh but the doubles are literally free.

That sound you hear is a thousand glass cannons ****ting their pants in unholy unison.
He gives all of his Resistance for more Speed. He has the same ATK and 3 more SPD than Elincia. Basically, he uses Firesweep Sword much better than Elincia and she was the previous best user of Firesweep Sword.

D

Deleted member

BACK CAUSE OF THE HYPE!

Holy **** Gamefreak and Pokemon Company absolutely delivered. Beautiful ****ing graphics, I love that the Pokemon can follow you again, I love the focus on less bloat and a more simple game I can just pick up and play.

What a FANTASTIC time to be a Pokemon fan. Hell yes!

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
BACK CAUSE OF THE HYPE!

Holy **** Gamefreak and Pokemon Company absolutely delivered. Beautiful ****ing graphics, I love that the Pokemon can follow you again, I love the focus on less bloat and a more simple game I can just pick up and play.

I approve of the Sabrina avi. :)

The Stoopid Unikorn

Spiciest of Guacamoles
Switch FC
SW-4202-4979-0504
Yeah but for realsies you just kidding yourself dude. No one who slips on a banana peel and dies can call themselves a villain.
I merely want the energy if you let me have him. I don't care for his alignment or how good he is.

All that matters is the energy, and even the smallest amounts can make a difference.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
My question is, if you can't battle wild pokemon, how do you level up? Is there going to be a lot more trainers or something?

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
Yeah but for realsies you just kidding yourself dude. No one who slips on a banana peel and dies can call themselves a villain.

Uhh...lets just forget what I just said. :)
That makes me more curious.

BACK CAUSE OF THE HYPE!

Ivander

Smash Legend
One point of resistance for 4 points of speed.

Seems like a fair trade. :ohwell:
When comparing him and regular Ryoma, yeah it's pretty good. But I was comparing him with Elincia, which is why I mentioned the RES drop. These are her Stats:
HP:35 ATK:34 SPD:36 DEF:24 RES:27
So yeah, when comparing Legendary Ryoma to Elincia, he has more HP, the same ATK, more SPD, more DEF, but alot less RES.

But yeah, I should've worded my previous sentence better to show I was comparing Ryoma to Elincia.

Last edited:

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
BACK CAUSE OF THE HYPE!

BROTHER FUTA I KNEW YOU'D COME

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
Sorry, but the Genwunners won this time. HUSH.
Like they always do.

And as ironic as this sounds I’m a genwunner too. These games just look like they took all the fun parts of pokemon and were like “nah we don’t need these”

redfeatherraven

Walk the Earth
Premium
BRoomer
NNID
RedTheMastermind
3DS FC
0576-4747-0597
Switch FC
SW-4098-7445-3995
He legit learned Shell Smash
Gained 4 of speed at the cost of a bit of resistance
He gives all of his Resistance for more Speed. He has the same ATK and 3 more SPD than Elincia. Basically, he uses Firesweep Sword much better than Elincia and she was the previous best user of Firesweep Sword.
Haven't fiddled around with Firesweeps at all so far, but I see where you're going with this, and I like it.

Think my Flier Emblem team is about to go from sidenote to serious.

Uhh...lets just forget what I just said. :)
Oh no.

Do go on.

smug_kamui_small.png

D

Deleted member

Like they always do.

And as ironic as this sounds I’m a genwunner too. These games just look like they took all the fun parts of pokemon and were like “nah we don’t need these”
I don't recall winning anything because last I checked, Kanto never appeared again outside of HGSS.

And here's the thing, not every game is gonna appeal to you. Does Pokepark, Hey You Pikachu, or Pokemon Channel appeal to you? Probably not. They have their audiences and the main game is coming next year.

You wouldn't want the main game this year it would suck if it was rushed that fast, this is a game to tide us over for now. You don't have to like or buy it really. Me personally this is fantastic and I love all of what they are doing.

I've felt the games got way too complex and bloated in recent years and with this I can just have a simple game to pick up and play and have fun. I love the motion controls too, I've been wanting to throw a Pokeball in-game ever since Wii.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I kind of want to get that Pokeball accessory and put a Blastoise in it

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Glad that they mentioned a core/main series Pokemon game is coming out in 2019. Because nothing about This lets go Pikachu **** interests me. Removing wild battles makes the game less fun I feel, since motion controls haven't ever been terribly fun for me.

Also, for some reason, Jaime Foxx is gonna be playing Spawn now. I don't agree with that. Because Jaime Foxx and Micheal Jai White(Spawn's previous actor) are in the same age bracket I'm pretty sure, and Jai White's the better action star, he's done a ton of martial arts movies. Like, I could get it if they wanted someone who's younger, but c'mon man. Foxx would be a better choice for Steel, maybe a movie version of Black Lightning or something, but not Spawn.

Nothing against Foxx, aince I like his other work, but I can't see him in this role.

Still that Mega Man 11 news from earlier is pretty hype.

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
If I pull a +Def L!Ryoma, I'll gladly put the Iote's Shield Seal on him
If I get a -Def one Imma cry because he has a superbane there.

Chrono.

I'm just surprised the leaked Lapras pic was real.

That was leaked, like, March? Pokemon never leaks that early lol.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
also if Eevee can't evolve, than Let's Go Pikachu is the superior version

I'm just surprised the leaked Lapras pic was real.

That was leaked, like, March? Pokemon never leaks that early lol.
Didn't that picture show Johto pokemon though? Like Wooper

Last edited:

Ivander

Smash Legend
Haven't fiddled around with Firesweeps at all so far, but I see where you're going with this, and I like it.

Think my Flier Emblem team is about to go from sidenote to serious.
I can tell you that Firesweep Fliers are very dangerous, thanks to them being the best users of Hit & Run/Drag Back, as well as combined with a Dancer or a Flier with Reposition/Draw Back. New Years Camilla only has -1 ATK & SPD behind Elincia and she does the Firesweep Build I made for her very well, thanks to Flier Buffs and whatnot.
But think about this, besides Flier Buffs, Ryoma has Bushido, a minor Wrath-like skill that gives an additional +10 damage for his Special. Combine him with a Heavy Blade Seal and everytime he doubles on a foe with lower ATK then him, he'll activate Moonbow, which treats the foe as if they lost 30% DEF AND he'll deal an additional +10 damage. In other words, Ryoma is going to deal a whole lot more damage than Elincia.

Last edited:

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
So...

I have 20,000 feathers and I'm not sure who I should upgrade...

Who do you think I should upgrade?

Marth
Marisa
Hana
Eliwood
Seth
Xander
Henry
Tharja
Morgan
Peri
Oliver
Odin
Hawkeye
Sheena
Gunter
Michalis
Beruka
Nino
F! Robin
Takumi
Fallen Takumi
Matthew
Felicia
Kaze
Lucius
Lissa

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
No. Just a bunch of Gyarados.
Oh I just looked over the picture again. I think it's actually Tentacool.

Meh, back in March or April people were saying Wooper in it and it had me hoping Johto Pokemon were in it

...In the least I was hoping for Mareep line

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
So...

Marth
Marisa
Hana
Eliwood
Seth
Xander
Henry
Tharja
Morgan
Peri
Oliver
Odin
Hawkeye
Sheena
Gunter
Michalis
Beruka
Nino
F! Robin
Takumi
Fallen Takumi
Matthew
Felicia
Kaze
Lucius
Lissa

Hana, she's versatile as hell.

RouffWestie

Smash Lord
Was waiting to finally see these get revealed. Just wanna spill my thoughts on it:

I would've had no problems with this reveal if Go mechanics been added on top of the original game mechanics. But instead, they seem to be straight up replacing wild battles. There was no need to actively remove a core mechanic like this when they could have just had the Go-style encounters be a separate thing. It doesn't matter who the target audience is; taking an additive approach instead of cutting important aspects of the game would have pleased more fans. The Co-op announcement was the trailers saving grace. It's something I've been dreaming of seeing in a mainline game since I was a kid. I would've been looking forward to it more if there were double battles, but the trailer has only shown 2 v1 battles, which don't seem as fun nor challenging. This looks to be a severe misunderstanding of what made the mainline games work over all these years (Being a huge fan of Paper Mario 1 & 2, I'm no stranger seeing developers make these sort of changes.) Maybe simplifying the game works for a free mobile app that anyone can just play to pass the time, but new standalone titles are expected to be a deeper adventure packed worthwhile content, and Odyssey and BoTW have only raised that bar higher. I'm not upset about revisiting Kanto and I'm fine with only the first 151 Pokemon being available, but I'm really questioning if this will be worth it just for that co-op I've been waiting for.

Blargg888

Oh okay.
NNID
Emerald_Latios
3DS FC
1977-0669-4694
Switch FC
SW-1254-5927-2992
I don't recall winning anything because last I checked, Kanto never appeared again outside of HGSS.
Kanto itself may not have appeared yes, but let's not forget all of the Kanto related stuff in XY/SM.

For example, the Kanto starters reappearing in XY, Charizard and Mewtwo both getting two Mega Evos, every Alolan Form Pokemon being from Kanto, etc.

Just because the victories are small, that does not mean that they never existed.

That said, personally, I don't have anything against Let's Go. I think it looks alright, and I might even get it depending on how it works. But I would never, ever, claim that this is the first "win" genwunners have had since HGSS. That's just a blatant lie.

Really, the only Gen that genwunners ever "lost" in was Gen V.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Let's Go Eevee/ Pikachu has CP

It shows levels, but it also has CP

So, is it's mechanics going to be exactly like Go?

Last edited:

Ivander

Smash Legend
So...

Marth
Marisa
Hana
Eliwood
Seth
Xander
Henry
Tharja
Morgan
Peri
Oliver
Odin
Hawkeye
Sheena
Gunter
Michalis
Beruka
Nino
F! Robin
Takumi
Fallen Takumi
Matthew
Felicia
Kaze
Lucius
Lissa
I would suggest depending on what you would like or need more.
-If you want a Buffer that can really support your units, Marth will do fantastic thanks to his Falchion Refinement.
-If you need more Sword Horses, Eliwood and Xander do great for Sword Horses.
-If you don't have a Red Bladetome user and want one, Tharja will do great. If you want/need more Red Tome users in general, M!Morgan is also good.
-Peri is decent if you want to try a Firesweep Lance build, as she does a pretty good Firesweep Lance build.
-If you want a high RES Axe user, Hawkeye and Sheena are great.
-If you want a Tank Axe user, Michalis and Beruka are great and Gunter is decent. Although it also depends on if you want more Axe Fliers or Axe Cavalry.
-Nino is great if you want a Green Bladetome user, much like Tharja with Red.
-F!Robin is very good if you want a Gronraven user to deal with Brave Lyn and Reinhardt.
-If that is the Neutral Takumi you got, Takumi is a decent archer in general. He's not fantastic, but Close Counter does help him alot.
-If you want a high RES Colorless unit, Felicia, Kaze and Lucius do pretty good. Felicia and Kaze are pretty good Mage killers and Lucius is great if you want a Pain+ + Savage Blow 3 + Savage Blow 3 Seal build.
-Lissa is mixed when it comes to Defense stats, but her main appeal is Gravity+, as that basically allows you to kite enemies.

In my personal opinion, I think you should do Michalis cause he is very useful thanks to Hauteclare, he's tanky, he's a Flier. He's very useful overall in my opinion.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom