• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 6.0 - L'Arachel Edition, Apparently?

Best Galar Starter?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
I like Kanto and Johto but they need to stop sucking its **** and do something new.
I mean...you say this like Sun and Moon didn't just happen and Pokemon hasn't confirmed that there's a new core title coming next year.

JS...

Arcanir

An old friend evolved
NNID
Shoryu91
3DS FC
4253-4855-5860

Pretty much expected aside from a few Alolan Pokémon thrown in, I'm curious who the lucky ones will be.

D

Deleted member

Pretty much expected aside from a few Alolan Pokémon thrown in, I'm curious who the lucky ones will be.
Why Alola in specific? You telling me we aren't even getting the actual ****ing evolutions? GF why do you hate my boy Crobat so much?

The Stoopid Unikorn

Spiciest of Guacamoles
Switch FC
SW-4202-4979-0504
-crawls out-
...huff...huff....ugh...done....crap....still...alive....woooo -collapses-
...i think i see stars in the middle of the earth....their so dreamy...
Why did you jump in there?!

Well on the bright side, your level went up by 100, maybe you fire will be to hot for Uni to handle now.
:cheep::halfsheep::emptysheep:

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511

Lmao imagine if you can't evolve your Onix

Chrono.

You can't even transfer the later ones.
This game is looking to have the depth of a puddle.

EDIT: There it is.
There was a problem fetching the tweet

Last edited:

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
I like Kanto and Johto but they need to stop sucking its **** and do something new.
Maybe.

But as a long time fan of the franchise, the idea of getting to relive PKMN Yellow updated in the year 2018 sounds pretty cool to me. Minus some of the new features like the lack of battling wild PKMN and some other things.

I also don't like some of the backlash people are giving to this game because "Kanto this Kanto that". Especially the people who are ****ting on this because it's not a Sinnoh remake.

My two cents.
I personally don't have a problem with either, gameplay wise, Johto is great outside all the HMs and Kanto too outside of the stupid Saffron lock out. Both are fun games to play and HGSS is one of my favorites, in fact.
I'm just tired of all the Kanto pandering that's been going on since XY. Like, there's not a single generation that doesn't try to remind us how Kanto is the second coming of christ.
Ehh...

I guess there is some validity to that but really Kanto hasn't been remade since 2004 with FR/LG. Minus HGSS which stays true to the post-story of GSC. I also feel that it's not necessarily a bad thing for GF to embrace the franchise's roots. Maybe do it in a way where it doesn't take away from the current gen too much but I guess i'm not as bothered as some other folks.

If nothing else, people can look forward to the new 2019 game coming out which I guess is either the new fully fledged game or the Sinnoh remake.

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
SW-6660-1506-8804
You know that Robot Chicken sketch with Lando saying "This deal keeps getting worse all the time!" And Vader comes back to make it worse each time he says it?

This is the Pokémon Version of it

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
The main thing I'm kinda sad about is the lack of a geography update, considering Kanto and Johto had the worst region design due to the technical limitations of the time.

On the other hand Marowak can follow me.
We could still see new areas. It be hype if johto is post game with a fight against gold
Gorochu hype.
This would be hype but is probably not the case.

I feel it’s some mythic to tie into gen 8.

As for only the first 151,I really hope this is slightly inaccurate.

At least give us the freaking evolutions, especially if there is already a brand new Pokémon being added.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
I'm too tired to look at the new Pokemon stuff because I've spent the last two nights trying to push Xenoblade Chronicles in Dolphin Emulator to the absolute limit with a 60 FPS hack, 4K textures, setting the native resolution to 5K and downsampling it, and applying various post-processing effects.

The last part is what's giving me trouble, but I think I finally figured it out. I have to start the whole process over though due to me messing with config files for the post-processing. I finally got it to activate but things look messed up so I'll re-install the defaults tomorrow. Then I'll record it. I managed to import my save file from the Wii U Virtual Console version of the game too so once I figure things out I can basically continue the game in this upgraded form.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
You know that Robot Chicken sketch with Lando saying "This deal keeps getting worse all the time!" And Vader comes back to make it worse each time he says it?

This is the Pokémon Version of it

Nah. We're nowhere near that bad.

The game has some legit good **** in it.

It's not a trainwreck.

Chrono.

"Not a remake" they say.

Arcanir

An old friend evolved
NNID
Shoryu91
3DS FC
4253-4855-5860
Got a bunch of other facts from the Q&A, so I'll just do hyperlinks for this.
1) The Special Pokémon at the end of the trailer is entirely new.
2) There are no wild Pokémon battles.
3) Clarifying on an earlier point, the games are inspired by Yellow, it's not quite a remake. With that said, they still mention it's a new title like XY, so it's still a core title in a sense.

Edit: Beaten on the last point.

The alola ones are the alolan forms.
*sigh* Couldn't even give us that much...

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Nah. We're nowhere near that bad.

The game has some legit good **** in it.

It's not a trainwreck.
You say that like you want this train to crash. I swear if some even worse news come out I'm blaming you for jinxing this.

Well I guess it's my turn for opinions.

Spoilering because we dont need EVERYONE's opinions lol.

Starting off, I have no problems with this being kanto, nor do I have a problem with just original 151. Not having the new evolutions like Blissey or Crobat is a tad weird, but that isn't too big of a deal.

Humans still look a little off to me for some reason, but im sure i'll grow into it once we get more footage.

UI for battle looks pretty cool, but it reminds me of Pokemon Stadium for some reason and I dont know why.

Im interested to see how not having random encounters works out, but not battling wild pokemon at all is weird.. Yeah, you could always just run away, but what is the point of having caves and sea routes if you dont have to deal with wild pokemon slowing you down? Also I imagine VS seeker has to be back, otherwise there is no way to grind lol.

Pokemon following you is cool as ****. Im so glad that came back

Ride pokemon are back, I imagine, which is awesome because HMs are dumb.

Co-op makes no damn sense but it's the coolest ****. I imagine a lot of parents are going to be happy playing pokemon with their kids, or siblings playing otgether

No online is really silly. Like. . .what?
Final result: not buying because I have FR/LG. Mixed opinions that I cant really go too deep into beause the game isnt out yet.
:061:

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
While no online is a bit sad, I don’t really care. I just couldn’t be bothered with competitive batting in gen 7. I just play showdown now it’s easier

vaanrose

Let's Mosey
NNID
vaanrose
3DS FC
1762-2697-1591
Switch FC
SW-4679-3965-5961
There have been worse Pokemon games. At least this one looks pretty.

Starlight_Lily

Stage Overflowing with Starlight
I guess i'm one of those weird people that likes the regions of Kanto and Johto huh?

Everyone says it's bland and all but I find it to be great personally.
I like them to, but when they are paired together, since Johto made Kanto better.

"Not a remake" they say.
Yeah, in the same way Star Fox Zero wasn't a reboot...

causycattaquackthoughtthereswaassmagiciialcandyintheleftyleftyholemistermagictalkingbunbuns~
Uh oh, katt comeback to us, you've still so much stuff to burn still.

Last edited:

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
So if the 151 + Alolan Forms thing is true, then that means Alolan Rattata, Alolan Raticate, Alolan Meowth and Alolan Persian are the only Dark-Type Pokémon in the game.

Yikes.

Chrono.

So if the 151 + Alolan Forms thing is true, then that means Alolan Rattata, Alolan Raticate, Alolan Meowth and Alolan Persian are the only Dark-Type Pokémon in the game.

Yikes.
That is if we get post Gen 1 types.

/s

Last edited:

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511

Yikes.
Sabrina gon a take a dump on my face, just like good 'ol times.

Last edited:

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
Got a bunch of other facts from the Q&A, so I'll just do hyperlinks for this.
1) The Special Pokémon at the end of the trailer is entirely new.
2) There are no wild Pokémon battles.
3) Clarifying on an earlier point, the games are inspired by Yellow, it's not quite a remake. With that said, they still mention it's a new title like XY, so it's still a core title in a sense.

Edit: Beaten on the last point.

*sigh* Couldn't even give us that much...
Well I’m just making a joke.

A joke that is probably the truth.

D

Deleted member

wAIT WHAT DO YIU MEAN THER E ARE MULTIPLE SAVES WHAT THE FU

Yikes.
Have fun with Sabrina 3: Psychic Dance-Off
What are these games you speak of.
Diamond and Pearl :^)

AreJay25

May or May Not Be Pac-Man
****, I hadn't even thought of this.

Will the trainer battles have the special/physical split?

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
Yo psychic types are broken AF once again in this game!

It feels good to be home! :bee:

Now all I need is Gen 1/2/3 Sabrina back and this will be a true homecoming for me!

Last edited:

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
No one tell Swamp what's going on in Decisive Games
View attachment 146155

GameFreak: "what the **** is a postgame?"

I personally don't have a problem with either, gameplay wise, Johto is great outside all the HMs and Kanto too outside of the stupid Saffron lock out. Both are fun games to play and HGSS is one of my favorites, in fact.
I'm just tired of all the Kanto pandering that's been going on since XY. Like, there's not a single generation that doesn't try to remind us how Kanto is the second coming of christ.
Blamable? What the crap does that mean?

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Look at it this way,

With all the cut content, there only be like 2 minutes of tutorial, forgot those boring 1hr long ones!
:p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom