• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 6.0 - L'Arachel Edition, Apparently?

Best Galar Starter?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Natz~

Full of Hugs and Fire~
whelp nap over, caught up now

and honesty...i'm disappointed,

i mean it looks exactly like pokemon go, but with extra features and trying to make it an actual game, and interactivity with the pokemon and the customizable of the pikachu and eevee are neat, and the co-op is always a boon, their good concepts that i find interesting

but...its basically pokemon go with extra stuff, ya now that app ya do on your mobile? also i didn't even see a single wild battle, only the go catches and trainer battles (which look like a major improvement but still) and on top of that i only saw kanto pokemon...ya know no of the other 800 pokemon we have out there? naddda? zip?...seriously?

its just...i don't actualy see anything here that'll make me go "oh i wanna play that" no...i touched pokemon go, and ditched it in a week, and this doesn't make me wanna go back to it...

maybe i'm still like tired and just waking up and crap but ya...just rather disappointed
I said the pit on your right, not my right!!

That was the pit with deadly spiders, you jumped in, Katt!
-crawls out-
...huff...huff....ugh...done....crap....still...alive....woooo -collapses-
...i think i see stars in the middle of the earth....their so dreamy...
creeps, thats who
did you kick them?

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
This makes me think though.

Piuk another 4chan leaker has been round and pretty much has proven he undoubtedly is a translator for somewhere and the Japanese Pokemon leakers backed him up that how he describes it is right.

Before people jumped on the other leak, the let’s one. He posted a single thing on 4chan two weeks ago after being gone about a month.

“100 years ago this sunken town gave birth to one of the most famous trainers of all time.”

Now this is odd, his previous leaks mentioned a big island with a connection to a main India inspired region.

Now why would this guy say something about kanto so close to the other leakers finally letting let’s go slip?

Is it possible he is right himself and that gen 8s main game follows the new and improved Kanto’s future 100 years later?”

So essentially let’s go would be used as a base for apart of the story in the next game.

This could all be a coincidence but I find it an odd one.

Thoughts?

Erureido

Smash Hero
NNID
Erureido
3DS FC
5301-1552-4121
Switch FC
SW-4754-8756-2004
My thoughts on Pokemon Let's Go are... mixed.

On the one hand, the art style and graphics look pretty good, and it's interesting how they incorporated Pokemon Go mechanics into the game. It's also really great to see the following-Pokemon feature return, and the local multiplayer co-op looks fun. The Pokeball controller that can carry your Pokemon from the game gives me Pokewalker vibes, which I guess it's a good thing (though whether or not it has a pedometer to go with it this time around whether or not it's really worth my purchase).

On the other hand, it feels quite awkward not having the traditional Wild Pokemon battle mechanics. I'm aware that it uses the Pokemon Go method of catching Pokemon, but in my experience using it, the way of catching Pokemon this way feels kinda empty. Being a game that takes place in the same old Kanto also makes me feel rather bored seeing how Kanto is one of my least favorite regions.

Seems like this game feels like a cross between a main series Pokemon game and a spinoff (being a remake of Yellow using Pokemon Go elements).

Well, at least I've got the new core series games coming out in 2019 to look forward to.

Last edited:

AreJay25

May or May Not Be Pac-Man
I think that's their way to say this is not a core game, but a game to attract casual GO players, and test the grounds of the Switch.
I mean, I get it.

But if you're going to keep one facet of the battle system, you might as well go the whole 9 yards.

vaanrose

Let's Mosey
NNID
vaanrose
3DS FC
1762-2697-1591
Switch FC
SW-4679-3965-5961
...but on the other... Kanto, ****ing Kanto, yes, we get it, Kanto is great, can we please just move on?
Kanto is life.

I'm excited to see those gym leader re-designs. Gimme back my Goth Sabrina.

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
Honestly, the only reason why I would look forward to this game is Co-Op with my friend.

It looks ****ing great though. Red and Leaf are super cute.

Arcanir

An old friend evolved
NNID
Shoryu91
3DS FC
4253-4855-5860

The 2019 title will be another core RPG in the same vein as XY and Sun and Moon, Lets Go is a Core title aimed at everyone.

So Lets Go seems to be the more experimental title while the next title will be more traditional.

D

Deleted member

Oh, ok, I didn't really notice this but the Pokemon actually appear in the overworld. I like that, hope they keep it for the Gen 8 games.

Still, I'm passing on this. No wild battles is a huge deal for me and I'm really tired of Kanto. This looks more like a little fun and cute game to hold people's patience until Gen 8 comes out while also attracting Go players, and it's fine, I guess, I'm just more of a gameplay guy.

I just... hope GF doesn't do their usual **** and remove the actually good features for the next games. All the overworld Pokemon, the co-op and the Pokemon costumes? Those are things to keep and to EXPAND on.
*Looks at HGSS's walking Pokemon, BW's Dream World and XY's simplified nultiplayer features*

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
Also my thoughts on the new Pokemon game.

I have mixed feelings in general, there are some cool things like....BEING ABLE TO RIDE ONIX AND RIDING POKEMON AND ****!!! But, there are some worrying things such as how there's this huge connection to Pokemon Go, a game I'm very neutral on, as well as what appears to be some polarizing mechanics changes that I'm not exactly too keen on.

I need more information...

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
Just finished watching the trailer for Lets Go and I think the game is really good and all aside from some nitpicks here and there.

I just have a few concerns...

1) With battling wild Pokemon being gone, how does one grind their PKMN to level up?

2) Is the Poke Ball accessory mandatory? I really hope not.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392

Woah on both fronts.

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
2019 core RPG (untitled) is set to be "in the style of X and Y and Sun and Moon". This should appease competitive players, with Let's Go! aimed at a broad audience, "a core RPG for everyone".
Competitive players don't give a **** about carts. :V

D

Deleted member

The 2019 title will be another core RPG in the same vein as XY and Sun and Moon, Lets Go is a Core title aimed at everyone.

So Lets Go seems to be the more experimental title while the next title will be more traditional.
>Appeasing competitive players

I guess I'm that awkward demographic that actually cares about the singleplayer campaign

Starlight_Lily

Stage Overflowing with Starlight
He looks exactly like Red and it's Kanto.
So you at least agree Leaf maybe getting replaced then, sadly, just like Crys.

-crawls out-
...huff...huff....ugh...done....crap....still...alive....woooo -collapses-
...i think i see stars in the middle of the earth....their so dreamy...
Well on the bright side, your level went up by 100, maybe you fire will be to hot for Uni to handle now.

Last edited:

Natz~

Full of Hugs and Fire~
honestly in the end i'm undecided, ya i'm dissapointed in it as a whole but its still to early for me to say on passing on it entirely :V i'm gonna be a switch owner soon in a paycheck or two

who knows if theres still some features to talk about, whats actually not in it and they just didn't mention about it, whats more to be expanded on whats shown

katt needs more information to know or not if its worth it or not :V

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
Lemme put my two cents while listening Epica covering Attack on Titan so-... holy **** this sounds great.

Anyway.

The good:
-Attracting a new playerbase
-Riding a ****ing Onix
-Skin tight bodysuit Sabrina might return.

The bad:
-Looks like a upscaled Gen 6 game
-Red looks like ***
-The GO capturing mechanic is a major turnoff for many, including myself.

Last edited:

Starlight_Lily

Stage Overflowing with Starlight

I guess I'm that awkward demographic that actually cares about the singleplayer campaign
I'm in that boat with you. Give me rivals to battle and other stuff.

Last edited:

Natz~

Full of Hugs and Fire~
So you at least agree Leaf maybe getting replaced then, sadly, just like Crys.

Well on the bright side, your level went up by 100, maybe you fire will to hot to handle for Uni now.
rest now, talk later, poison in veins, contact konnie

what is violence going to do?

pretty please, GF, pretty please
make us feel better :V

at least it does to me

vaanrose

Let's Mosey
NNID
vaanrose
3DS FC
1762-2697-1591
Switch FC
SW-4679-3965-5961
My perspective:

It's not meant to be the next big game. They've even preemptively made that clear. It's just a side spin-off to pull in the causal side of the fanbase.

To that end, taking the comparatively simplest game in the franchise, which also happens to have the largest mainstream appeal, and rebuilding it to be even more casual is fine. Would I have preferred a more "serious" remake of Kanto? Yes, absolutely. But lots of people feel the way Shish does and would find it to be a waste of effort remaking the most boring game in the series and limiting the Pokemon back down to 150.

The real Switch Pokemon game is still coming.

I reserve the right to change this opinion should the real Switch Pokemon game not go full immersive 3D, tho. This one gets a pass because it's clearly a spin-off.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Oh, ok, I didn't really notice this but the Pokemon actually appear in the overworld. I like that, hope they keep it for the Gen 8 games.

Still, I'm passing on this. No wild battles is a huge deal for me and I'm really tired of Kanto. This looks more like a little fun and cute game to hold people's patience until Gen 8 comes out while also attracting Go players, and it's fine, I guess, I'm just more of a gameplay guy.

I just... hope GF doesn't do their usual **** and remove the actually good features for the next games. All the overworld Pokemon, the co-op and the Pokemon costumes? Those are things to keep and to EXPAND on.
*Looks at HGSS's walking Pokemon, BW's Dream World and XY's simplified nultiplayer features*
If following pokeMon go away again when they literally have all switch models I’ll be mad

SegaNintendoUbisoft

The Amateur Artist
NNID
S.N.U0203
3DS FC
4725-8740-7336
Pokemon Let's Go Pikachu/Eevee looks pretty neat. Not a fan of the series but I can tell this will probably resonate with a lot of people, even if they aren't hardcore fans.

Also that Pokeball controller is absolutely adorable.

Ivander

Smash Legend
-The GO capturing mechanic is a major turnoff for many
I don't think I would mind the GO capturing mechanic if there was an option to do the Wild Pokemon Battling. I mean, It is possible to catch Pokemon without needing a Pokemon to fight them. And the GO Mechanic has always reminded me of the original Safari Zone from Red/Green/Blue. But the option to battle them should be kept.

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
SW-6660-1506-8804
Definitely mixed as expected lol
Feels good saving money.

Yeah Comp. Pokemon is just a joke to me. Give me a good main game with good pacing and substantial post-game content.
In short: BW2 2

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
The main thing I'm kinda sad about is the lack of a geography update, considering Kanto and Johto had the worst region design due to the technical limitations of the time.

On the other hand Marowak can follow me.

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
FTR...

If I do get around to buying a copy of this, still undecided for now cuz I want to learn more first.

I'm gonna get Let's Go! Eevee, because Eevee>>>>>>>>Pikachu

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
Pokemon Let’s Go is just the short version of the title.

The full title is Pokemon let’s go throw these games in the garbage.

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
I guess i'm one of those weird people that likes the regions of Kanto and Johto huh?

Everyone says it's bland and all but I find it to be great personally.

vaanrose

Let's Mosey
NNID
vaanrose
3DS FC
1762-2697-1591
Switch FC
SW-4679-3965-5961
DeaK5-MU8AE7y_a.jpg

NewLeaf looks basically like the girl from White/Black, which is easily my favorite trainer design. I approve.

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
I guess i'm one of those weird people that likes the regions of Kanto and Johto huh?

I like Kanto and Johto but they need to stop sucking its **** and do something new.

D

Deleted member

No one tell Swamp what's going on in Decisive Games
Screenshot_20180529-231436~2.png

Definitely mixed as expected lol
Feels good saving money.

Yeah Comp. Pokemon is just a joke to me. Give me a good main game with good pacing and substantial post-game content.
In short: BW2 2

GameFreak: "what the **** is a postgame?"

I personally don't have a problem with either, gameplay wise, Johto is great outside all the HMs and Kanto too outside of the stupid Saffron lock out. Both are fun games to play and HGSS is one of my favorites, in fact.
I'm just tired of all the Kanto pandering that's been going on since XY. Like, there's not a single generation that doesn't try to remind us how Kanto is the second coming of christ.

Last edited by a moderator:

AmericanDJ

Marquess Ostia | Other Trap Butler ★
NNID
Derek123
3DS FC
1650-1984-4165
Switch FC
SW-7880-5897-7871
It appears that I'm late to be giving my thoughts on the new legendary banner, but now that I'm caught up:
Holy crap it's great to finally have a Ryoma alt.
Anyways, I'm not sure if I'll actually want to pull from the banner. On one hand, I could get more Winter Robins, which could either be used for merges or to give Brazen Atk/Spd3 or Armor March to someone, and Winter Chrom and NY!Azura could also be useful fodder for Brazen Atk/Def 3 and Hone Fliers, respectively.
On the other hand, Morgan and Bride Ninian are on separate banners, and I feel like I want them more.

-------------------------------------
As for my thoughts on the new Pokemon game, I know a lot of people have mixed feelings about it, but I honestly think it looks really good. Something something I'm a sheep something something

Not being able to fight wild Pokemon does kind of suck, but I enjoy the rest of what's been revealed. The art style is quite pretty, and co-op in a Pokemon game is pretty hype imo. And I get that people are tired of GF's Kanto favoritism, but I don't mind revisiting Kanto again, as I never got a chance to play FR/LG (even though I've played Yellow), and I feel like I might end up enjoying Kanto more this time (although, it's quite a bit early to say for sure).

Also, I'm glad that there's Pikachu and Eevee customization.

It's also interesting to see that this isn't going to be the only Pokemon game coming to the Switch. So it appears that one will be Gen 8. Interesting.

*leaves to study*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom