• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 6.0 - L'Arachel Edition, Apparently?

Best Galar Starter?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Delzethin

Character Concept Creator
NNID
Delzethin
Hype?
EDIT: ITS HAPPENING
Whoa whoa whoa wait a minute. Those embargoes are probably for game reviews and potentially the event Ash Paulsen went to a couple weeks back where he and other press got to play an unknown game (probably Mega Man 11). The Pokémon reveal is probably unrelated.

That said, we're probably getting official reveals on the 31st (or evening of the 30th for most of us) of the games we've pretended not to know about for the last couple weeks.

Though if you want to go full on tinfoil with it, the last time they teased a big reveal on Oha Suta, we got the first details on USUM in the form of, well, a new Lycanroc form. And wouldn't you know it, look who's getting featured in an anime episode that very day, with some kind of "awakening". What if the games get revealed in the next couple days, and something else shows up during Oha Suta?

I don't expect anything to come from it, mind you, it just feels like I'm the one obligated to bring that up and consider it despite its unlikeliness.

You can go talk behind my back now

Last edited:

Arcanir

An old friend evolved
NNID
Shoryu91
3DS FC
4253-4855-5860
Hype?
Going into that quote, Serebii has a similar translation that says 'a moment a new history is born'. The wording with both imply a change of sorts, but Serebii's more directly implies an intent to start things anew rather then just a shift in direction. If that's the case, then that gives even more credence to the 'reboot' theory as it seems like they're building up this new game/anime/etc. as a way to make a new start, unlike previous cases where it was building off of what came before.

Either way, it's going to be interesting to see what happens with this, since it seems like they're trying to build up this game differently then the others.

Last edited:

Delzethin

NNID
Delzethin
Going into that quote, Serebii has a similar translation that says 'a moment a new history is born'. The wording with both imply a change of sorts, but Serebii's more directly implies an intent to start things anew rather then just a shift in direction. If that's the case, then that gives even more credence to the 'reboot' theory as it seems like they're building up this new game/anime/etc. as a way to make a new start, unlike previous cases where it was building off of what came before.

Either way, it's going to be interesting to see what happens with this, since it seems like they're trying to build up this game differently then the others.
Eh, the "new history" sounds more like they're hinting at an alternate timeline than anything. Gotta remember, everything's pointing toward these games just being the last part of Gen 7, not the start of a new generation.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Eh, the "new history" sounds more like they're hinting at an alternate timeline than anything. Gotta remember, everything's pointing toward these games just being the last part of Gen 7, not the start of a new generation.
Wouldn't a Yellow remake be an alternate timeline regardless of if it's gen 7 or 8?

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
I just hope it isn't a reboot.

I'm fine with anything else.

But if you get rid of ALL the Pokemon past Gen I...

We're going to have a huge problem.

Arcanir

An old friend evolved
NNID
Shoryu91
3DS FC
4253-4855-5860
I'm not trying to imply it's a new generation, at least not in the typical sense. Rather, I'm thinking it's more a start of a new direction for the franchise that's a bit unique from other previous games. It doesn't have to have new Pokémon, a new region, or any other 'generational' check box to fulfill that need, it just needs to set up its own unique basis for future games to draw from.

I just hope it isn't a reboot.

I'm fine with anything else.

But if you get rid of ALL the Pokemon past Gen I...

We're going to have a huge problem.
To be honest, even if this was a hard reboot I doubt they'd go that route. IIRC GF has mentioned that they believe a part of the reason the franchise is still popular nowadays is that it doesn't reboot in that fashion, so they know that each Pokémon has their fans and they have Pokémon that have huge value for the franchise that do not exist within the first Generation like Lucario. So they know there's little to gain in cutting out over 600 Pokémon, and likely would try to avoid that even in the worst case scenario.

At worst I think it'd be like the I Choose You movie, a primarily Gen 1 focus because GF loves Kanto, but other Pokémon still exists in the world. They're not going to just disappear because GF decided to go back to Kanto one more time.

Last edited:

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
So...

How were X and Y's and Sun and Moon's announcements handled?

Was there a lot of buildup?

Delzethin

NNID
Delzethin
I'm not trying to imply it's a new generation, at least not in the typical sense. Rather, I'm thinking it's more a start of a new direction for the franchise that's a bit unique from other previous games. It doesn't have to have new Pokémon, a new region, or any other 'generational' check box to fulfill that need, it just needs to set up its own unique basis for future games to draw from.
So you're thinking it could be a Shadows of Valentia for the series, in a way? Double back to something older while applying new ideas to potentially use in future new games (like how SoV's full voice acting and enhanced combat choreography might've been a testing ground for FE16)?

Well, I certainly hope it's not a hard reset button. The last thing we need is for TPC to actively pander to the worst parts of the fanbase: the ones who left it after it "wasn't cool anymore", sit on the fringe while pretending to not be interested, yet act like only the mons they're already invested in should be allowed to exist.

Last edited:

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
I camly went to take a **** just to grab the toilet paper and find a huge*** cockroach on it.
Now I can't sleep and Im fumigating my house at 3:45am because I almost wipe my *** with a bug :V

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
"Serebii Update: TV Tokyo's website for Oha Suta's episode on Thursday has removed the description of "Shocking Pokémon news which starts a new story" and has replaced it with "Full of Pokémon Information""

2b72zs.jpg

Last edited:

Hat N' Clogs

John Tavares is a Leaf
3DS FC
1650-2469-6836
Switch FC
SW-3519-9567-9870
Mythra Mythra I hate basketball right now too. Sick of this matchup between the Cavs and Warriors in the finals. Thankfully, there's the NHL which has a matchup that next to nobody expected in the grand finals (Washington vs. Vegas) and the series has been AMAZING so far.

I know this is bias because I'm a huge hockey fan, but dang the NBA is boring in comparison right now. Having the same exact finals matchup for the 4th year in a row just makes me all the more annoyed with the NBA. It's to the point that once the playoffs happen next year, I know that I will refuse to watch any of them unless GS or CLE gets eliminated before that final round. The NBA's playoffs are a joke anymore.

Also, good luck with recovery from the cockroach incident.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I camly went to take a **** just to grab the toilet paper and find a huge*** cockroach on it.
Now I can't sleep and Im fumigating my house at 3:45am because I almost wipe my *** with a bug :V
I feel ya, I had a hard time sleeping for a few nights awhile ago because I found a roach in lying dead in my bedroom.

I couldn't even pic it up myself, had to get my Mom in the middle of the night. Bugs really freak me out.

RamOne

Mr. Blue Sky
NNID
Mr.Baron
3DS FC
3926-5004-2681
"Serebii Update: TV Tokyo's website for Oha Suta's episode on Thursday has removed the description of "Shocking Pokémon news which starts a new story" and has replaced it with "Full of Pokémon Information""

View attachment 146103
If it were truly nothing, I don't think they'd go out of their way to change wording. In fact, I think this makes the chance we're going to see something soon only bigger.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
If it were truly nothing, I don't think they'd go out of their way to change wording. In fact, I think this makes the chance we're going to see something soon only bigger.
I think that's the same logic that says "Being revealed on April fools is MORE proof because no one would expect it"

D

Deleted member

Oh Legendary Ryoma, neat I gu-- *sees Innes is on the banner* I hate you, IS.

OK THO BUT ACCESSORIES???? DAT **** IS HYPE I CAN'T WAIT FOR IT

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Oh hey, Ryoma gets an alt. He's one of my favourite FE characters but I'm not gonna pull too hard because he won't be a-

>He's actually a Flier
>With built-in Distant Counter
>And he has Wrath but for Fliers which I could use on my other Flier characters
>mfw

IMG_20180403_022144.jpg

Leave me alone, IS, take a break with all of the Fliers.

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
>going to a job interview today
2018-05-27_05-44-13.jpg

What sucks is that I couldn't sleep for ****. Gonna have to get some coffee later. But I'm pretty confident I'll get the job. I also have to stay in town for awhile. Guess I'll bring my Switch and play some Hyrule Warriors.

D

Deleted member

It doesn't say that though. The trailers tell you if the skills are not inheritable.
That's from when the skills actually had that part on their ingame description but ever since the anniversary update(I believe it was this one at least), they removed those(because now they have the "skill cannot be inherited by" and "skill can only be equipped by its original unit" warnings)
If it doesn't have a 3 next to it, it's not inheritable.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Oh yeah, I finally got my Bridal Ninian.

She's +Def, -Res, but I don't mind since she's mostly just gonna dance.

In hindsight though, kinda wish she wasn't a Blue tome user. Red or Green would have been preferable for me.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Hype?
Well well well....

Emily was right. I’m excited!
So apparently...

Oha Suta is a TV show.

They typically only reveal things that are related to the Pokemon anime though occasionally have shown a few new mons like Gigalith and Alomomola.

The show itself, can't be the reveal.

But...

What if it happens before it?
It probably isn’t the reveal. My guess is the reveal earlier that day. It’s worth noting that the first footage of ORAS was shown there with the legend cutscenes. So we could get something similar
That's the thing.

What would cause the show to say its something that will change history?
I wouldn’t pay much attention to this. They always use stuff like this in Japanese promotions. CoroCoro for example said earth shattering news would be shown awhile back and I think it was literally something like Zygarde’s signature move. I don’t remember the exact thing but I know it wasn’t the reveal of USUM.

I’m pretty sure history changing news was also used on that show or the past past ones too, but I can’t remember when.

While it could be pretty crazy I wouldn’t get super hyped yet as they like to overhype stuff so people watch.

D

Deleted member

@Erureido @Ivander
(Almost) all the Extella Link NPs
Kind of a shame they didn't uodate any of the old ones, Iskander's looks really boring in comparison to Darius's. Best NP animation has to go to the bucket knight tho.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Eiricka and Eprhaim should get hats that day

“I love my brother/sister”

:p

D

Deleted member

>Heroes can now wear Accessories
vwauging8kyz.jpg

>Joshua's hat could be a potential accessory
vwauging8kyz.png

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
The Upcoming VG is not a Bridal VG. It's.......it's.....what exactly?

Like this is random....like really random...

That aside, the new FEH Comic is out!.......?

Ummm.......

Like IS just killed 3 memes recently, being Marth Alts, Ryoma Alts and no Linde Banner, disconfirmed a Bride VG, and IS is being random as heck.
That being said, that Anna taking photographs.
Get ready for Ike to win again.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
So Emily is seemingly right about Pokémon.

I wonder if she is with smash too.

She said the game has no cuts and has a roster that’s interesting and surprising that shouldn’t receive many complaints and make most fans happy.

If that’s all true I wonder who’s in and if it will be hype worthy.

Bandana dee please! It needs to be his time to shine!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom