• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 6.0 - L'Arachel Edition, Apparently?

Best Galar Starter?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Last edited:

Starlight_Lily

Stage Overflowing with Starlight
Guess I'mma get extra nerdy on you people today.

The universe is 13.8 billion years old. Our sun is 4.6 billion years old, and Earth itself is 4.5 billion years old. Life has existed on the planet for roughly 3.5 billion years. Human beings, in their current form, are about 200,000 years old. And of that, we've been advanced enough for some sort of space monitoring for, generously, about 100 years.

Now this is where it gets interesting. Evolution is slow, taking millions of years for the smallest changes. Except when it comes to us. Our evolution was crazily, insanely fast. We went from a species cognitively similar to a chimpanzee, to a fully formed human being, in about 10 million years. In evolutionary perspective, it happened basically overnight. We did not evolve directly from chimpanzees, but chimpanzees are far, far more similar to that common ancestor than we are. And we don't really know why.

Humans have progressed exponentially faster than any other species on the planet. And we can see this same trend in our technological advancement. We invented the first plane, that could hold sustained flight for less than 1000 feet, just barely over a century ago. And now we're more or less completely capable of putting a man on Mars, should we ever actually want to do so.

The point being, that even among terrestrial species, we are a fluke. We evolved faster than our understanding of evolution says that we should have.

And this ties back into the age of the universe. It's hard to wrap your head around the concept of 14 billion years, but the point is that it's not infinite. The universe hasn't existed forever. It had a start time, and any potential life in the universe would take time to form. Using Earth as an example, it took about a billion years from the time the planet formed for the earliest forms of life to take hold, and then it took another 3.5 billion to get to us. But we're an outlier among our own planet, nothing else even comes close.

And when we look for alien planets that are Earth-like, meaning they're roughly the same size and the same distance from their sun as Earth is, and thus have potential for Earth-like development of life, we find that most of them aren't much older, and many are younger, than our own planet. So if we follow through with the conclusion that our own evolution happened much faster than it should have, it's quite possible the reason we haven't found alien life is because we're the first to reach this level.
Then let's be more like the Vulcans then the Klingons, please? Let's not be *****.

It's gonna be fun when we have full space travel tech and we can just go to other planets to **** with them.
Build some monuments with Earth-only minerals, pretend to be their Gods and just mess with their historical documents by making one(1) so outrageous that their historians will be confused and in utter disbelief as to how their ancient King was saved by a flying demon from space yet it's the only version of events that actually makes sense.
Right, I know who we need to ban from Space travel. Let's not become the cliched intergalactic conquers from all those Sci-fi books and movies we made, please?

The Official Japanese Kirby Twitter page uploaded a silhouette for the next Kirby character that will be added with the next batch of DLC in Kirby Star Allies:

Anyone want to place their bets who it may be?
Its a Jigglypuff, from above. :troll:

Ash turns 11.
Whoa, wouldn't that tear apart the fabric of this very reality?

Eiricka and Eprhaim should get hats that day

“I love my brother/sister”

:p
That's actually more fitting Seliph and Julia though, since they can actually get married in FE4. :p

AHHHHHHH!!!

I want to get off Mr.Sakurai Wild Ride, the wait is starting to be too much for me!:sadsheep:
You can't its not Mr. Sakurai who is driving this one, your currently on Mr Masuda's ride, it won't be ending until at least this week, only for Mr. Sakurai to take over right away, so you won't ever be able to get off. :p

I’d be cool with Aces having dlc characters like Dixie, Funky, King Bob-Omb, etc.
Add E. Gadd to that list, please.

Oh ****, even pumpkaboo know something about the next Smash.

This is madness.:gw:

Oh.:urg:
Well of course they would no after all:

So I take this is your notice to us that you'll be going to audition for a Direct announcer soon, then? Just remember to erase your history on Smashboards, don't want those Nintendo Ninjas to lock you up for years.
Which means, they got the job as a Nintendo Direct announcer.

Build a Pokémon confirmed!?

Possibly new Pikachu and eevee bears to build
How about build a Lopunny instead. :smirk:

Last edited:

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
Then let's be more like the Vulcans then the Klingons, please? Let's not be *****.

Right, I know who we need to ban from Space travel. Let's not become the cliched intergalactic conquers from all those Sci-fi books and movies we made, please?

Its a Jigglypuff, from above. :troll:

Whoa, wouldn't that tear apart the fabric of this very reality?

That's actually more fitting Seliph and Julia though, since they can actually get married in FE4. :p

You can't its not Mr. Sakurai who is driving this one, your currently on Mr Masuda's ride, it won't be ending until at least this week, only for Mr. Sakurai to take over right away, so you won't ever be able to get off. :p

Ad E. Gadd to that list, please.

Well of course they would no after all:

Which means, they got the job as a Nintendo Direct announcer.

How about build a Lopunny instead. :smirk:
He’s under the etc.

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
Mfw the dude who's giving up his nuclear rockets is playing better than the Rockets themselves.

Houston actually bricked 27 consecutive threes yesterday.
Basketball diplomacy is clearly the only way to resolve world conflicts. :)
On Pokemon.

Set your expectations accordingly.
If there was a Direct coming out it would have to be like the Direct Mini in January. Where it just drops out of the blue.

Because if this news is being revealed on the 31st in Japan that means it'll be the 30th in North America and probably Europe as well.

Chrono.

Man this week is looking packed.

Possible Pokemon news, Mega Man 11 stuff, DLC 2 for FighterZ drops this week and apparently we're getting some Xenoverse news.

Also new Fallout was teased.
Because if this news is being revealed on the 31st in Japan that means it'll be the 30th in North America and probably Europe as well.
Oha Suta doesn't do breaking news, which is why we're probably getting the news before the 31st.

Though Oha Suta seemed to backtrack on that so who knows.

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
Oha Suta doesn't do breaking news, which is why we're probably getting the news before the 31st.

Well the Direct hasn't been announced today and probably won't. If this is happening before the 31st, then it literally needs to drop tomorrow unannounced.

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
After like, 500 years, here's a new Mega Man 11 trailer

Game is releasing October 2. Looks pretty solid so far, seems like they're going for a Mega Man 8 style approach in regards to the overall presentation.

Also can't wait for Mega Man to have Witch Time in Smash
The voice acting is really good (R.I.P. DOCTAH WAHWEE). In fact, it sounds like Light's voice actor is the same one from Marvel vs. Capcom Infinite (makes sense).

The game is looking really great so far. Hopefully I'll be able to beat at least one of the previous 10 before I grab this.

As for the amiibo, while super pretty, I'll just stick with the Smash Bros. one I have.

Last edited:

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Clean image of boxart:
I'm glad the cover is fairly clean, compared to say MM7 or MM8.

Also, the Fire guy, Ice guy and Acid guy look dope.

I hope I have enough restraint to not buy another Mega Man Amiibo. I showed the strength I needed with the Samus Returns one.

Starlight_Lily

Look guys, Kamiya is in Megaman 11.

I really hope no one else made this joke already...

Hat N' Clogs

John Tavares is a Leaf
3DS FC
1650-2469-6836
Switch FC
SW-3519-9567-9870
Which is why I stopped watching years ago. The Cavs are overrated pieces of **** and GSW needs some of their players to go to other teams. Having the same two teams going back to back just gets boring like seeing the Patriots in the Super Bowl more and more lately.
Out of curiosity, which team did you like the most back when you followed the NBA and do you follow any pro sports anymore?

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Man this week is looking packed.

Possible Pokemon news, Mega Man 11 stuff, DLC 2 for FighterZ drops this week and apparently we're getting some Xenoverse news.

Also new Fallout was teased.

Don't forget the Free Tekken DLC drops then too. Gotta cop that Leather Nina and Desert Bandit Jin.

It took me a second to realize, but the bosses also use the Gear System that Mega Man uses. Makes sense, but I wasn't sure if they'd only have a Wily Machine use it or whatever.

Chrono.

Hiro Mashima is doing a new manga and

Look at the MCs from his new manga.
Now look at Fairy Tail's MCs.
I guess I shouldn't be surprised since it was the same going from RAVE to FT. But at least Haru and Ellie looked more distinctive.

Not to mention Mashima recycled a lot of concepts (from designs, towns, places, full characters) from RAVE in FT. Maybe a similar deal will happen here.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
I still follow NFL and the NBA when I can. But I do admit I'm more of a casual sports fan. I do like watching Boxing and MMA too.

If they'd show extreme sports more, I'd watch that sometimes too.

Starlight_Lily

I guess I shouldn't be surprised since it was the same going from RAVE to FT. But at least Haru and Ellie looked more distinctive.

Not to mention Mashima recycled a lot of concepts (from designs, towns, places, full characters) from RAVE in FT. Maybe a similar deal will happen here.
See Mashima's artstyle has this problem:

http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/OnlySixFaces

Its a pretty common problem with a lot of artists, since they cam only ever learn how to draw a certain number of faces, and can only pump out unique designs, especially when you work on weekly series like Managaka tend to do.

I saw a pic of the robot master screen and someone replaced this guy with his twirptter apicon so you were ninjad.
Okay

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
I got the Street Fighter 30th Anniversary Collection for the Switch. I'm completely new to the Alpha and III series, but if anyone wants to try a few matches with me at some point, my friend code is SW-0351-1523-9047.

Though just a heads up that I don't have much in the way of games with online multiplayer - it's just that collection, Bayonetta 2, Doom, Splatoon 2, and Super Bomberman R.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
That new David Cage game calls it's evil robots "Deviants".

Which is x1000 LESS cooler than Mavericks. Hell, its not even good enough for Irregulars.

Last edited:

Ivander

Smash Legend
@Erureido Ivander Ivander
(Almost) all the Extella Link NPs
Kind of a shame they didn't uodate any of the old ones, Iskander's looks really boring in comparison to Darius's. Best NP animation has to go to the bucket knight tho.
Watching the animation for Lancelot makes me wish his Berserker sprite from F/GO gets updated soon.

Speaking of Fate, I got a treat for you, @Erureido and A Distant Demon A Distant Demon
https://www.bilibili.com/video/av3042181/?p=1

Basically, this is the Drama CD that came with the Blu-Ray of Unlimited Blade Works, at least in JP. Sadly, there are no Subs, but there is a Summary of the CD. It has Shirou, Rin and Waver/El-Melloi II, but the real highlight is in Part 6, where Shirou talks to a new character. The Parts are above the video, where you can click them to continue the CD.
https://www.reddit.com/r/grandorder..._drama_cd_incorporated_in_ubw_bluray/dzq2op8/
That has the Summary of the Entire CD. If you don't want to entirely spoil yourself to who the mysterious person Shirou talks to in Part 6, move down the post slowly. But believe me, it's actually pretty cool to actually even see a role for this character considering how known he is and yet has had next to no appearances until recently.

Last edited:

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
Watched Nintendo Life's preview on the Octo Expansion. While they had nothing to spoil, expect the single player to be much harder than the base game's Octo Canyon mode (they stated one mission took 11 tries to beat it)

D

Deleted member

He's always had this problem but it wasn't this bad before

Speaking of artists drawing the same face, let's play a game called: How Many Characters Do You See?

Last edited by a moderator:

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
Last edited:

The Stoopid Unikorn

Spiciest of Guacamoles
Switch FC
SW-4202-4979-0504
We all knew this was going to be an option (girl for me)

But seeing these kids half-naked (and in an E10+ game by Nintendo) feels very uncomfortable
First, IS by giving Sanaki a bride outfit.

Now, Nintendo with child nudity.

What has this world come to...?

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946

But seeing these kids almost naked (and in an E10+ game by Nintendo) feels very uncomfortable
I mean it definitely looks wrong but at the same time it technically isn't as they don't have sexual parts because that's not how squids work.

but the child image is still a problem.

Enjoy the news that we can catch Gen 1 Pokemon on the switch
use poliwag
He's always had this problem but it wasn't this bad before

Speaking of artists drawing the same face, let's play a game called: How Many Characters Do You See?

I didnt know Zack Fair was in a manga.
:061:

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585

But seeing these kids almost naked (in an E10+ game by Nintendo) feels very uncomfortable
whats uncomfertable is thats where everyones minds went to right away

I just viewed it as them being made like a humunculi of some sort since they are mostly born/made without anything on

Last edited:

The Stoopid Unikorn

Spiciest of Guacamoles
Switch FC
SW-4202-4979-0504
whats uncomfertable is thats where everyones minds went to right away

I just viewed it as them being made like a humunculi of some sort since they are mostly born/made without anything on
I mean, that's technically what it is, if what little of the story we saw is what we speculate it to be.

But not everyone looks that deeply into stuff. Heck, I'm sure there are Splatoon players who don't even know the game is in a post-apocalyptic world.

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
But with all this new coverage of Octo Expansion, it tells me there's a chance it could release before the rumored July 13 release date.

please?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom