• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 6.0 - L'Arachel Edition, Apparently?

Best Galar Starter?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

BotW is very much a game intended for people to do what they want. If they want to rush then they can rush. If they want to do all the shrines and Beasts and stuff that's also fine. It's an adventure game where the player actually gets to decide when they want the adventure to end once they're done with the tutorial.

Imagine getting upset at someone ending the game when they want to end it.

Because rushing through a game prevents one from fully enjoying it? Gwen still has much more she can get out of it but just moving on from it because she "beat the final boss" would be a disservice to herself.

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
SW-6660-1506-8804
Because rushing through a game prevents one from fully enjoying it? Gwen still has much more she can get out of it but just moving on from it because she "beat the final boss" would be a disservice to herself.
But it's her playthrough for her copy of the game and BotW was designed to be beat whenever the player wanted to beat it.
******** about that is utterly stupid.

Starlight_Lily

Stage Overflowing with Starlight
Let's be honest, if there're any alien races out there who've advanced enough to use faster-than-light travel, they'd probably just laugh and recognize some of their own quirks.
That's assuming they have a sense of humour like ours...

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
You missed more than half the game!
And I enjoyed almost every moment. I'm more of a scavenger, hunting Bokoblins and animals, stealing their **** and eating their food, THAT'S what made the game really fun for me. Because no amount of food or Gerudo clothing would help me on Death Mountain, I had no idea what to do. No ****ing way was I going to try and find every NPC that could help, especially after the Yiga Clan was on my ass. Speaking of, I really liked the stealth segment of the Yiga clan hideout, generally sneaking about, laying Mighty Bananas everywhere, the good ****. I hope they keep the stealth elements in future games

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
E3 and whatever is being teased for Splatoon on June 9 is on my radar more than Pokémon now.

If they have something this week, fine but if not oh well.

D

Deleted member

Anyways, I made a thing
If you want to contest the validity of this, please direct any criticisms to here
Minoru_Mineta_Portrait.png
But it's her playthrough for her copy of the game and BotW was designed to be beat whenever the player wanted to beat it.
******** about that is utterly stupid.

No one here is ********, you're the one making a big deal out of this. Gwen clearly enjoyed the game, all I was trying to do was tell her she had a lot more to enjoy from a game she thought she had "finished"
And I enjoyed almost every moment. I'm more of a scavenger, hunting Bokoblins and animals, stealing their **** and eating their food, THAT'S what made the game really fun for me. Because no amount of food or Gerudo clothing would help me on Death Mountain, I had no idea what to do. No ****ing way was I going to try and find every NPC that could help, especially after the Yiga Clan was on my ***. Speaking of, I really liked the stealth segment of the Yiga clan hideout, generally sneaking about, laying Mighty Bananas everywhere, the good ****. I hope they keep the stealth elements in future games
Death Mountain is a *****, you either buy Fire-resistant Potions at the Stable at the base of it or make them by yourself.

Also, I'd really recommend getting the Master Sword. Not having to worry about weapon durability is a blessing. Also also, it shoots lasers, pew pew.

Last edited by a moderator:

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
I just find it kind of funny most people assume that aliens; if they even exist, are more advanced than we are. I'm pretty sure that plays into our fear of the unknown and the foreign. But there's a chance that they have the same level of technological advancement as we do, or are much more primitive than we are.

But I also think it's just a chance for people to ***** about how much they also hate other people too. i,e. "They'd wipe us out after seeing how stupid we are" ect. We don't know how'd they would judge us either. Again if they even exist.

AndreaAC

Ridley's Propaganda Artist
Well, I finally unlocked all the stages for Super Smash Flash 2 Beta.

Guess I'll do some Event Matches now.
I remember when I used to play that or at least the first Smash Flash, I think WAY before I got Melee, as I felt desperate to have it back in the day. xD The sound effects, animations and certain sprites (Like Mario's) made laugh, and I always felt like I played All-Star Mode in Slow-mo.

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
That's assuming they have a sense of humour like ours...
Eh, maybe I'm optimistic but they'd probably just laugh at really, really weird things if it was like that.

More than likely I'd say we're an odd curiosity with no humor attached mostly of interest to alien science communities. Like, 80%.

Out of the remaining possibilities, I find it more likely we turn into extraterrestrial cat videos than we turn into a target for extermination.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Anyways, I made a thing

If you want to contest the validity of this, please direct any criticisms to here

No one here is ********, you're the one making a big deal out of this. Gwen clearly enjoyed the game, all I was trying to do was tell her she had a lot more to enjoy from a game she thought she had "finished"

Death Mountain is a *****, you either buy Fire-resistant Potions at the Stable at the base of it or make them by yourself.

Also, I'd really recommend getting the Master Sword. Not having to worry about weapon durability is a blessing. Also also, it shoots lasers, pew pew.
Nah Shish, you and Swamp both came across pretty aggressively that I didn't do what you guys did and that it seemingly annoyed you. I'm not the kind of player who does 100% playthroughs, Samus Returns and Kirby are the general exceptions but because I have a job and want to play other games, I'd never be able to finish a playthrough, especially as I tried my hardest to not get spoiled on the game, the satisfaction of finding how to use Guardian Parts, figuring out how to cook, solving puzzles, etc. I got such a great feeling of pride and accomplishment from the game, and I didn't even have to use microtransactions for that (suck it EA)

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
I remember when I used to play that or at least the first Smash Flash, I think WAY before I got Melee, as I felt desperate to have it back in the day. xD The sound effects, animations and certain sprites (Like Mario's) made laugh, and I always felt like I played All-Star Mode in Slow-mo.
I still can't believe SSF2 has been in development for 10 years now and still going.

I mean this is from the very first demo

This is the current version

I still remember playing every demo when they originally released.

Starlight_Lily

Stage Overflowing with Starlight
Eh, maybe I'm optimistic but they'd probably just laugh at really, really weird things if it was like that.

More than likely I'd say we're an odd curiosity with no humor attached mostly of interest to alien science communities. Like, 80%.

Out of the remaining possibilities, I find it more likely we turn into extraterrestrial cat videos than we turn into a target for extermination.
Okay, now you've given me this image of alien scientist having in jokes the human races weird habits.

And, damn that would be funny if aliens visited Earth, and just ask us to give them more cat videos.

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
I still can't believe SSF2 has been in development for 10 years now and still going.

I played SSF1 back in my Middle School days. Damn I feel old!

It's really hard to believe this game is still going.

AndreaAC

O-O DAMN. That looks great! No wonder why it has taken them so much time! Also, I know this is random to ask, but is it just me or in the Smash 4/ or Brawl free for all, it says *whatever number*-man KO test* or "fest"

(I'm asking because I'm pretty much blind)

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Nah Shish, you and Swamp both came across pretty aggressively that I didn't do what you guys did and that it seemingly annoyed you. I'm not the kind of player who does 100% playthroughs, Samus Returns and Kirby are the general exceptions but because I have a job and want to play other games, I'd never be able to finish a playthrough, especially as I tried my hardest to not get spoiled on the game, the satisfaction of finding how to use Guardian Parts, figuring out how to cook, solving puzzles, etc. I got such a great feeling of pride and accomplishment from the game, and I didn't even have to use microtransactions for that (suck it EA)
Well, then I apologize, though it wasn't my intention.

And it will never be finished...
I'm just waiting for them to bring back my boy Crono tho.

Hat N' Clogs

John Tavares is a Leaf
3DS FC
1650-2469-6836
Switch FC
SW-3519-9567-9870

Smash Flash 2 <3
I enjoyed playing the heck out of that game in high school, and I still did in college on occasion.
Was an Ichigo main for a while, but then I became loyal to my boi Ness <3 :ness2:

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Whether or not I 100% a game depends on a lot of factors. The biggest being how fun the game is, or more specifically, how fun it is to reach 100%. Even if Samus Returns isn't my favorite Metroid game, or even my favorite 2-D Metroid game, the travel points made scurrying each and every corner a lot more bearable due to the backtracking being diminished. Most other Metroid games, I get fairly close to 100%, but that's to make sure I'm loaded up on weapons and the like. On the other hand, something like Mega Man X and MMX2, it's easy enough(but some pieces are still challenging) to get to get all the armor pieces and tanks. And it's still fun to do.

Then you got stuff like Ultimate Spider-Man, where I have fun doing what I can, but I should try to 100% just so I can FINALLY get the black suit.

Which leads into another factor, whether or not completing the game 100% has any worthwhile rewards for the player that otherwise can't be had just getting to the last level normally. Ultimate Spider-Man's Black Suit, I think is a fairly good example of this. While in DBZ Budokai 2, the only thing worth getting after getting all the fighters and stages are the Breakthrough capsules, but to get those, you gotta beat Story Mode and get the Dragon Balls for each character.

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
O-O DAMN. That looks great! No wonder why it has taken them so much time! Also, I know this is random to ask, but is it just me or in the Smash 4/ or Brawl free for all, it says *whatever number*-man KO test* or "fest"
Brawl is "#-man survival test" and Wii U is simply "Stock"

Well, then I apologize, though it wasn't my intention.

And it will never be finished...
I'm just waiting for them to bring back my boy Crono tho.
All I know is Beta is the last demo before the final thing. Whenever (or if) that happens is a mystery.

We do know Pichu is in the next update. :pichumelee:

Last edited:

AndreaAC

Brawl is "#-man survival tests" and Wii U is simply "Stock"

All I know is Beta is the last demo before the final thing. Whenever (or if) that happens is a mystery.

We do know Pichu is in the next update. :pichumelee:
Hm, for some reason I imagined one said "fest" instead of test, I guess my mind played tricks on me. :) Thank you for the clarification!

RamOne

Mr. Blue Sky
NNID
Mr.Baron
3DS FC
3926-5004-2681

I feared for the game when there were supposed to be even more OC's to the game, but I'm glad they decided to scrap that and cut Blue and Blade as well.
And Mr. Incredible when?

No idea why that picture is showing, it doesn't show up in my post and therefore can't delete it.

Last edited:

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
I heard Tekken was gonna have more news after the free update. Here's to hoping that E3 will maybe have some classic Tekken fighters. Though maybe they'll have more news for EVO instead.

Aside from that, y'all know I'm looking forward to Smash, Mega Man 11, and Spider-Man PS4. It'd be great if they had Spider-Man's: Spider-Man "Final" suit. Because the coat and pants are slick. Though with Smash, I'd be more hype if we saw actual gameplay.

Aside from that, Metroid Prime 4 and DBFZ DLC would be nice. Probably some Spyro. And if we're REALLY LUCKY, we could get Marvel Infinite: Apology Edition.

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
Gotta love the contrast between the Links in Hyrule Warriors.

Link: I have the all-powerful Master Sword!

Young Link: I have the all-powerful Deity Mask!

Toon Link: I can jump!

Chrono.

Gotta love the contrast between the Links in Hyrule Warriors.

Link: I have the all-powerful Master Sword!

Young Link: I have the all-powerful Deity Mask!

Toon Link: I can jump!
Young Link is hilariously broken and fun.

Only character I bothered to grind for in Wii U.

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
Aaaaaand Calamity Ganon is down! Damn, to think there's so much I left unexplored. I never found Korok Village, I never found the Goron city, I never found the Master Sword and I ****ed off right after realizing Medoh's cold as hell. Only issues I had were that I never found good clothes that help against temperatures and I didn't really get how elixirs worked. Oh, and rain can eat my ***. Still, ****ing phenomenal game
I assume you’re on the switch? What’s your friend code?

My favorite Marvel character is Robert Downey Jr.
Pah Chris Pratt is the best.

Natz~

Full of Hugs and Fire~
siiiiiiiiiigh...katt is tired...out here in the outdoors, i can't wait till i have my reunion with my bed >-<

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
I just find it kind of funny most people assume that aliens; if they even exist, are more advanced than we are. I'm pretty sure that plays into our fear of the unknown and the foreign. But there's a chance that they have the same level of technological advancement as we do, or are much more primitive than we are.

But I also think it's just a chance for people to ***** about how much they also hate other people too. i,e. "They'd wipe us out after seeing how stupid we are" ect. We don't know how'd they would judge us either. Again if they even exist.
I believe they do exist and that all the different types of aliens you described probably exist out there.

There’s millions of possible planets and who even knows how many galaxies there are. There’s likely to be life somewhere out there

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
Man tonight is the season finale of iZombie, after how each finale gets crazier I can only imagine how this one is gonna end.

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
Anyways, I made a thing

I'm straight, but "oooooh, this one is a lizard" is an entirely valid video game playing method for me.

Not with Smash mind you, but that's more to do with my preferences in character design and games.

Even so it still kind of applies compared to half the cast. Kinda.

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
Anyways, I made a thing

Or you could be like me and go up the mountain with a **** tonne if food and buying the heat resistant helmet when I had half a hheart left.

D

Deleted member

I'm straight, but "oooooh, this one is a lizard" is an entirely valid video game playing method for me.

Not with Smash mind you, but that's more to do with my preferences in character design and games.

My alignment is a mix between Bi "ooooh this one is a lizard" and Bi "only plays girls", everytime I play a new game where I have no idea who the characters are, I just pick the lizard one(or the one that looks the most like a lizard) but eventually move to the female characters.

vaanrose

Let's Mosey
NNID
vaanrose
3DS FC
1762-2697-1591
Switch FC
SW-4679-3965-5961

Guess I'mma get extra nerdy on you people today.

The universe is 13.8 billion years old. Our sun is 4.6 billion years old, and Earth itself is 4.5 billion years old. Life has existed on the planet for roughly 3.5 billion years. Human beings, in their current form, are about 200,000 years old. And of that, we've been advanced enough for some sort of space monitoring for, generously, about 100 years.

Now this is where it gets interesting. Evolution is slow, taking millions of years for the smallest changes. Except when it comes to us. Our evolution was crazily, insanely fast. We went from a species cognitively similar to a chimpanzee, to a fully formed human being, in about 10 million years. In evolutionary perspective, it happened basically overnight. We did not evolve directly from chimpanzees, but chimpanzees are far, far more similar to that common ancestor than we are. And we don't really know why.

Humans have progressed exponentially faster than any other species on the planet. And we can see this same trend in our technological advancement. We invented the first plane, that could hold sustained flight for less than 1000 feet, just barely over a century ago. And now we're more or less completely capable of putting a man on Mars, should we ever actually want to do so.

The point being, that even among terrestrial species, we are a fluke. We evolved faster than our understanding of evolution says that we should have.

And this ties back into the age of the universe. It's hard to wrap your head around the concept of 14 billion years, but the point is that it's not infinite. The universe hasn't existed forever. It had a start time, and any potential life in the universe would take time to form. Using Earth as an example, it took about a billion years from the time the planet formed for the earliest forms of life to take hold, and then it took another 3.5 billion to get to us. But we're an outlier among our own planet, nothing else even comes close.

And when we look for alien planets that are Earth-like, meaning they're roughly the same size and the same distance from their sun as Earth is, and thus have potential for Earth-like development of life, we find that most of them aren't much older, and many are younger, than our own planet. So if we follow through with the conclusion that our own evolution happened much faster than it should have, it's quite possible the reason we haven't found alien life is because we're the first to reach this level.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585

Ill go for a catboy anytime of the day tbh

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
It's too ****ing hot outside. I swear I was going to collapse if I had kept driving any further in that sun.

Might as well take a cold shower then enjoy the cheese fries.

D

Deleted member

Guess I'mma get extra nerdy on you people today.

The universe is 13.8 billion years old. Our sun is 4.6 billion years old, and Earth itself is 4.5 billion years old. Life has existed on the planet for roughly 3.5 billion years. Human beings, in their current form, are about 200,000 years old. And of that, we've been advanced enough for some sort of space monitoring for, generously, about 100 years.

Now this is where it gets interesting. Evolution is slow, taking millions of years for the smallest changes. Except when it comes to us. Our evolution was crazily, insanely fast. We went from a species cognitively similar to a chimpanzee, to a fully formed human being, in about 10 million years. In evolutionary perspective, it happened basically overnight. We did not evolve directly from chimpanzees, but chimpanzees are far, far more similar to that common ancestor than we are. And we don't really know why.

Humans have progressed exponentially faster than any other species on the planet. And we can see this same trend in our technological advancement. We invented the first plane, that could hold sustained flight for less than 1000 feet, just barely over a century ago. And now we're more or less completely capable of putting a man on Mars, should we ever actually want to do so.

The point being, that even among terrestrial species, we are a fluke. We evolved faster than our understanding of evolution says that we should have.

And this ties back into the age of the universe. It's hard to wrap your head around the concept of 14 billion years, but the point is that it's not infinite. The universe hasn't existed forever. It had a start time, and any potential life in the universe would take time to form. Using Earth as an example, it took about a billion years from the time the planet formed for the earliest forms of life to take hold, and then it took another 3.5 billion to get to us. But we're an outlier among our own planet, nothing else even comes close.

And when we look for alien planets that are Earth-like, meaning they're roughly the same size and the same distance from their sun as Earth is, and thus have potential for Earth-like development of life, we find that most of them aren't much older, and many are younger, than our own planet. So if we follow through with the conclusion that our own evolution happened much faster than it should have, it's quite possible the reason we haven't found alien life is because we're the first to reach this level.
It's gonna be fun when we have full space travel tech and we can just go to other planets to **** with them.
Build some monuments with Earth-only minerals, pretend to be their Gods and just mess with their historical documents by making one(1) so outrageous that their historians will be confused and in utter disbelief as to how their ancient King was saved by a flying demon from space yet it's the only version of events that actually makes sense.

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
>Travel to another planets
>Teach the aliens to ****post
>See how their society decays and self-destructs

#****YeahHumanity

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom