• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 6.0 - L'Arachel Edition, Apparently?

Best Galar Starter?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Starlight_Lily

Stage Overflowing with Starlight
That kinda reminds me how I realized Hector was an absolute unit. I was ignoring him as I wanted to train Lyn and Eliwood some more and somehow accidentally left Hector vulnerable for SEVEN entire enemies and they had the triangle advantage, I screamed when I noticed that as if Hector dies it's game over but then I saw how Hector tanked every hit and killed all those 7 enemies. Talk about a great first impression
Well, that's Hector for you, he is a beast.

perfectly aware, after all your looking at one :V

just i'm well aware many do because thats an easy form of writing

and k~k~
Also, its great when a Yan protects her Tsun, those scene's are utterly adorable.

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
And come on, who wouldn't want to get Simon in Smash, if him getting in mean that we will get some of the best music in the franchise?

Like, who doesn't want to fight on Dracula Castle while Bloody Tears playing in the background?

Last edited:

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
I've been learning how to use Micaiah as an enemy phase unit.
She's a ****ing beast.

And come on, who wouldn't want to get Simon in Smash, if him getting mean that we will get some of the best music in the franchise?

Like, who doesn't want to fight on Dracula Castle while Bloody Tears playing in the background?
Dude is my most wanted newcomer next to Mythra; Castlevania IV is my ****ing jam.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Wall: Immovable Object
Tank: The same thing but it can also murder enemies and can actually move around well enough, so an Unstoppable Forcd
First, that's not an actual differentiation, "Tank" and "Wall" are used to refer to the same thing in RPGs.
Second, Knights can actually murder stuff back?? Haven't you seen their Atk stats???
Again, the issue is that when the Knights aren't in a situation to take advantage of their strengths, which is often, they just can't keep up or so anything well enough.
Knights don't even cripple, in midgame my knights usually only end up doing like, a quarter damage and again, that's IF they hit which they don't like to do for some reason.
What kind of Knights are you even using then? Hector, Oswin and Gilliam all have stupid Atk, Amelia has enough Spd to double stuff and Effie makes Spd irrelevant because she can just OHKO anything she looks at.
Because they don't get to earn as much EXP as every other unit due to being unable to get in the frontlines, they don't level up as often, which means their stats don't go up.
Girl, they ARE the frontlines.
Meaning while the enemies get stronger, the Knight's defence may not be stronger, meaning that by doubling they manage to put a sizeable chunk out of a Knight's HP and can't even escape from danger as easily as most units, ESPECIALLY Peg Knights
So you're saying the Pegasus Riders specialty is running away? That sounds great :V

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
First, that's not an actual differentiation, "Tank" and "Wall" are used to refer to the same thing in RPGs.
Second, Knights can actually murder stuff back?? Haven't you seen their Atk stats???

What kind of Knights are you even using then? Hector, Oswin and Gilliam all have stupid Atk, Amelia has enough Spd to double stuff and Effie makes Spd irrelevant because she can just OHKO anything she looks at.

Girl, they ARE the frontlines.

So you're saying the Pegasus Riders specialty is running away? That sounds great :V
Tank and Wall are absolutely NOT the same thing. Tanks can take hits and dish them out. Walls just take hits.

D

Deleted member

According to my CV sources, they say that Alucard would be a much better candidate for Smash rather than Simon.
Tank and Wall are absolutely NOT the same thing. Tanks can take hits and dish them out. Walls just take hits.
I really have no idea where this is coming from because everywhere I see they're used interchangeably. Technically, "wall" isn't even used as the class role terminology but more of a nickname to tanks like "stone walls".
http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/DamagerHealerTank

Tanks don't necessarily need to be able to dish back a lot of damage, just being able to take damage and prevent or mitigate it on teammates is what classifies a class as a Tank.

vaanrose

Let's Mosey
NNID
vaanrose
3DS FC
1762-2697-1591
Switch FC
SW-4679-3965-5961
And there it is.
"We didn't trace anything"

Next time you should.

Starlight_Lily

"We didn't trace anything"

Next time you should.
Damn, I don't know how savage that was.

Also, have a heartwarming comic of a girl accepting her Transgender friend as female, and falling in love with her.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
According to my CV sources, they say that Alucard would be a much better candidate for Smash rather than Simon.

I really have no idea where this is coming from because everywhere I see they're used interchangeably. Technically, "wall" isn't even used as the class role terminology but more of a nickname to tanks like "stone walls".
http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/DamagerHealerTank

Tanks don't necessarily need to be able to dish back a lot of damage, just being able to take damage and prevent or mitigate it on teammates is what classifies a class as a Tank.
In competitive Pokémon at the very least there absolutely is a difference.

Snorlax is a Special Tank. It has massive HP and Special Defense, further aided by its Thick Fat ability, alongside a high attack stat to punish foes afterward, somewhat getting around its atrocious speed.

Blissey, meanwhile, is a Special Wall. It outright no-sells virtually any Special Attack with its ludicrously high HP and Special Defense, making Snorlax look like Caterpie, but has no offensive presence whatsoever. So instead, it uses Toxic to indirectly whittle foes down while they do all of nothing to it.

vaanrose

Let's Mosey
NNID
vaanrose
3DS FC
1762-2697-1591
Switch FC
SW-4679-3965-5961
Damn, I don't know how savage that was.

Also, have a heartwarming comic of a girl accepting her Transgender friend as female, and falling in love with her.

You know you screwed up when you have to write numbers on your panels.

Ivander

Smash Legend
Simon came first. Alucard came second(alongside Trevor, Sypha and Grant). Also, Simon represents the Belmont Clan who are important in every game. Simon was even part of the Lords of Darkness games. Simon has first dibs if Konami doesn't say otherwise.

D

Deleted member

In competitive Pokémon at the very least there absolutely is a difference.

Snorlax is a Special Tank. It has massive HP and Special Defense, further aided by its Thick Fat ability, alongside a high attack stat to punish foes afterward, somewhat getting around its atrocious speed.

Blissey, meanwhile, is a Special Wall. It outright no-sells virtually any Special Attack with its ludicrously high HP and Special Defense, making Snorlax look like Caterpie, but has no offensive presence whatsoever. So instead, it uses Toxic to indirectly whittle foes down while they do all of nothing to it.
Well, competitive Pokemon is weird anyways
Still, I don't see them being used as different terms anywhere else.
Simon came first. Alucard came second(alongside Trevor, Sypha and Grant). Also, Simon represents the Belmont Clan who are important in every game. Simon was even part of the Lords of Darkness games. Simon has first dibs if Konami doesn't say otherwise.
Yeah but from what I hear, Alucard is much more prominent and popular. Simon may have been the first but he's barely remembered besides being the first.
And I know a lot of people like to mention Marth but he came at a time where he WAS the most prominent Lord(2 out of 5/6 games, deoending on how you wanna slice FE6). Same deal with Shulk, there was no other XC game for him to compete with.
CV has been going on for a long time now and being the first won't cut it when most of its fanbase remembers the hot one that keeps showing up.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I'm glad those character drawings from Pokemon were debunked because they were garbage designs.

So, anyone want to bet if we actually GET the Pokemon Switch announcement next week?

Emily Rodgers (sp?) says it's next week. Isn't Emily the one that people first got the info on MarioXRabbids thing?

vaanrose

Let's Mosey
NNID
vaanrose
3DS FC
1762-2697-1591
Switch FC
SW-4679-3965-5961

Yeah but from what I hear, Alucard is much more prominent and popular. Simon may have been the first but he's barely remembered besides being the first.
You've heard wrong. Alucard has the benefit of being the protagonist of the best game in the series, but he's not even the third most prevalent playable character in the series.

Starlight_Lily

You know you screwed up when you have to write numbers on your panels.
Not really, seeing as this is a Japanese comic, and they read right to left, more like the numbers are there to let us stupid westerns know what way the Japanese read their comics.

Last edited:

Chrono.

Not really, seeing as this is a Japanese comic, and they read right to left, more like the numbers are there to us stupid westerns what way the Japanese read their comics.
Man I read manga but I've never seen a comic paneling that goes in that order.

vaanrose

Let's Mosey
NNID
vaanrose
3DS FC
1762-2697-1591
Switch FC
SW-4679-3965-5961
Not really, seeing as this is a Japanese comic, and they read right to left, more like the numbers are there to us stupid westerns what way the Japanese read their comics.
Right to left, I get. It's the up to down, then right to left that's dumb.

Ivander

Smash Legend
Simon is just as, if not more, prominent than Alucard. He has appeared in:
-Castlevania
-Castlevania II
-Haunted Castle
-Super Castlevania IV
-Castlevania Chronicles
-Castlevania Harmony of Dissonance
-Castlevania Portrait of Darkness(as a cameo)
-Castlevania Judgement
-Castlevania Harmony of Despair
-Castlevania Lords of Shadow: Mirror of Fate

Also, Simon has also appeared in alot more crossovers than Alucard, as he appeared in many of the Konami Wai Wai World games, was a secret boss in Contra Hard Corps, fought against the likes of Solid Snake, Optimus Prime, Megatron, Bomberman, etc in DreamMix TV World Fighters, competed against Solid Snake, Pyramid Head and even Frogger in New International Track & Field, and appeared as a playable Bomber character in the newest Super Bomberman R. I believe there was also a Konami skateboarding game that also had Simon as playable.

So Simon is certainly more prominent, if not one of the mascots of Castlevania, than Alucard, especially when it comes to crossovers. Even if he's not so much popular by "today's standards", he's certainly not in Konami's "The Nobodies" books.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208

And I know a lot of people like to mention Marth but he came at a time where he WAS the most prominent Lord(2 out of 5/6 games, deoending on how you wanna slice FE6). Same deal with Shulk, there was no other XC game for him to compete with.
CV has been going on for a long time now and being the first won't cut it when most of its fanbase remembers the hot one that keeps showing up.
And yet Simon is the one Konami usually goes to for crossover stuff. Super Bomberman R's Belmont Bomber is modeled after Simon, for example.

Chrono.

Trevor Belmont is the real G.

Simon is just the logical/realistic option for me, I'll take an alt of the former though. :p

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Simon handles his whip better than Trevor. Trevor just knows how to flip around more.

---

Edit:

Besides

Simon is the last of the Captain N game characters needed

Last edited:

Chrono.

Simon handles his whip better than Trevor. Trevor just knows how to flip around more.

---

Edit:

Besides

Simon is the last of the Captain N game characters needed
I just like Trevor more.

Probably because Rondo of Blood is my favorite title.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
yes, right to left sideways, not right to left up and down

rip, others said it already.

Last edited:

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I just like Trevor more.

He's also the Belmont playable in my favorite Castlevania, Symphony of the Night. So I have no beef with Trevor

Last edited:

Ivander

Smash Legend
I just like Trevor more.

He's also the Belmont playable in my favorite Castlevania, Symphony of the Night
Both of you need to straighten your Castlevanias. It's Richter Belmont, not Trevor. Trevor was in Castlevania III and Curse of Darkness. Richter was in Rondo of Blood and Symphony of the Night.

Chrono.

Both of you need to straighten your Castlevanias. It's Richter Belmont, not Trevor. Trevor was in Castlevania III and Curse of Darkness. Richter was in Rondo of Blood and Symphony of the Night.
I'm a sham.

But in my defense I'm not too knowledgeable on Castlevania in the first place. :p

Last edited:

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
In my defense I was just using the same name he used because I recognized the same Belmont was in Rondo of Blood.

Although I do like Castlevania 3. It's also got a playable Alucard

vaanrose

Let's Mosey
NNID
vaanrose
3DS FC
1762-2697-1591
Switch FC
SW-4679-3965-5961
A couple years ago nobody knew who Simon Belmont even was, now suddenly everybody is a Castlevania expert.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
A couple years ago nobody knew who Simon Belmont even was, now suddenly everybody is a Castlevania expert.
I've been pushing for the Captain N trio forever. I even as going for Eggplant Wizard and King Hippo.

And wanted Captain N gunner amiibo costume

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom