• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 6.0 - L'Arachel Edition, Apparently?

Best Galar Starter?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Chrono.

And there it is.

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
I'm thinking about getting SteamWorld Dig for the Switch. I'm not familiar with the game at all, but it helps that the eShop describes it as a Metroidvania, and I'd basically be getting it for free if I use the Gold Coin discount.
I love both of those games. They are really good.

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
And there it is.
The female character is the only reason why this leak is remotely interesting, IMO.

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
And there it is.
Surprising no one.

D

Deleted member

@ pegasus discord
And there it is.
You know, as much as I appreciate what Omni did with the Rayman leak, I'm getting tired of fake leaks whose purpose is to advertise their artists own creations. It created a really bad habit of artists thinking it's okay to do spread fake rumors, even if almost no one believes them.

Last edited by a moderator:

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Real talk Knights are objectively the worst typical class to have in Fire Emblem. They only work to stall the enemies or block them from specific units/goals. Their movement is horrendous so they can't keep up with the rest of the units, they don't get to attack all that often as a result which then again doesn't matter as not only do they usually have average strength (AKA not enough to OHKO a unit), are so slow they always get doubled and never seem to really hit unless they're called Oswin. Oh, and that high as hell defence while good won't do **** against magic so they pretty much die there. While Peg Knights are also squishy albeit in the other way, they can at least hold their own in a fight

D

Deleted member

Real talk Knights are objectively the worst typical class to have in Fire Emblem. They only work to stall the enemies or block them from specific units/goals. Their movement is horrendous so they can't keep up with the rest of the units, they don't get to attack all that often as a result which then again doesn't matter as not only do they usually have average strength (AKA not enough to OHKO a unit), are so slow they always get doubled and never seem to really hit unless they're called Oswin. Oh, and that high as hell defence while good won't do **** against magic so they pretty much die there. While Peg Knights are also squishy albeit in the other way, they can at least hold their own in a fight
ITT Immovable Objects are bad because they're immovable.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
ITT Immovable Objects are bad because they're immovable.
Immovable objects are bad because they aren't actually immovable and rarely get to be in positions that take advantage of their wally nature. Besides, tanks are better than walls because then when it's Enemy Phase, they keep killing themselves. What almost always happens is they hit the Knight, maybe the Knight hits back albeit not for much, then the Knight is hit again. Also this is ironic as in Shadow Dragon I managed to turn Sheeda into an immovable object against Gharnef in the level he ambushes you. When the ONLY good thing is you have great defence and there aren't a lot of situation to use said defence, you're a bad unit

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
That just about sums it up.

HOWEVER, it is a scientific fact that having a pompadour makes a Knight much better. Draug had a pompadour in Shadow Dragon, and he became a memetic badass both in universe (Kris support) and outside of it (Doga will choke the point). Valbar, beneath his helmet, had a pompadour, and he was able to make it onto Gaiden's cover. The cover!

If that isn't scientific proof that pompadours significantly help out Knights, I don't know what is.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
That just about sums it up.

HOWEVER, it is a scientific fact that having a pompadour makes a Knight much better. Draug had a pompadour in Shadow Dragon, and he became a memetic badass both in universe (Kris support) and outside of it (Doga will choke the point). Valbar, beneath his helmet, had a pompadour, and he was able to make it onto Gaiden's cover. The cover!

If that isn't scientific proof that pompadours significantly help out Knights, I don't know what is.
Honestly Draug was such a liability to me in Shadow Dragon because he kept getting forced to miss fights. Granted, when Sheeda is literally the best unit of the entire ****ing game, almost everyone else looks bad by comparison. Sheeda, Marth, Barst, Xane, Tiki and one of the healers who I think is Linde but I'm not sure where all the true MVPs of Shadow Dragon for me. I want to put Merric there too but he wasn't as useful as those 6

Natz~

Full of Hugs and Fire~
I never treat my Pegasus Knights like that, they always get a spot on my team.

Well, praline liked the post, so them. :V

Plus you both enjoy beating on Uni, so there's that.
eh i can tell ya from natural experience yans and tsuns do not go well together, its not even a humorous oil and water scenario, they just don't mix >->

as is now is fine, try to force together only results in horror

Last edited:

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Honestly Draug was such a liability to me in Shadow Dragon because he kept getting forced to miss fights. Granted, when Sheeda is literally the best unit of the entire ****ing game, almost everyone else looks bad by comparison. Sheeda, Marth, Barst, Xane, Tiki and one of the healers who I think is Linde but I'm not sure where all the true MVPs of Shadow Dragon for me. I want to put Merric there too but he wasn't as useful as those 6
I think you're thinking of Lena. But yeah, she's definitely an MVP. :p

Honestly Draug surprised me in the best of ways in my Shadow Dragon playthroughs. Mainly because he choked the one point in chapter ten to stop the swarm of cavalry reinforcements and killed this really annoying sniper in Altea Castle after promoting and getting bows (my javelins were elsewhere). Part of the reason I five starred him in Heroes. :p

My MVPs were definitely Caeda, Lena, Hardin, Jagen (growths be damned, his bases carried him), Barst, Minerva, Merric, and Ogma feat. Marth with a bit of Tiki, Draug, Beck, Jeorge, and Cain on the side, depending on the map or playthrough. There was also at least one where Julian did really well somehow.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Immovable objects are bad because they aren't actually immovable and rarely get to be in positions that take advantage of their wally nature. Besides, tanks are better than walls because then when it's Enemy Phase, they keep killing themselves. What almost always happens is they hit the Knight, maybe the Knight hits back albeit not for much, then the Knight is hit again. Also this is ironic as in Shadow Dragon I managed to turn Sheeda into an immovable object against Gharnef in the level he ambushes you. When the ONLY good thing is you have great defence and there aren't a lot of situation to use said defence, you're a bad unit
I fail to see your differentiation between tanks and walls.
Knights have a very specific purpose and that is to stand in front of places and close them. Their Atk is also high enough they can cripple other enemy units for easy pickings later. It doesn't matter that they're gdtting doubled because 0x2 is still 0.
Knights may not shine in games where high Mov is basically obligatory(like FE4) or games with maps not designed to accomodate them(hello, FEA) but what happens when you remove one of their weakness that is their low Spd? You get Hector, that's what you get.

And, btw, Knights can actually make use of Javelins and, well, actually any lance they want since their arms aren't made of spaghetti.

Chrono.

This gif summarize my feeling about the Ridley/Simon Leak or whatever it is called.

Seriously, the more days pass, the less I know how to feel about this leak.
'can't E3 come faster?:sadsheep:
Considering the OP of that leak, I gave it a hard pass from that alone. :p

Starlight_Lily

Stage Overflowing with Starlight
eh i can tell ya from natural experience yans and tsuns do not go well together, its not even a humorous oil and water scenario, they just don't mix >->

as is now is fine, try to force together only results in horror
You've never seen a Yan who likes a Tsun then :V

Cause I have, its so dang cute, especially when the Tsun shows affection to her Yan girlfriend.

Last edited:

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
Considering the OP of that leak, I gave it a hard pass from that alone. :p
...Alright, sorry for the dumb question, but you mean that you consider it somewhat real, even with reputation of the leaker, right?

Chrono.

#TeamElmer

I'm a bit surprised Pokémon is getting the most spotlight when it come to rumors and leaks this close to E3.
It's cause it's in a huge gray area.

Unlike Smash, which we know for sure is showing up at E3 and coming out this year. Pokemon we know even less about, while knowing of it's existence for longer. It doesn't even have a trailer.

This is the first time since Melee when both a Smash and Pokemon game have been on the horizon at the exact same time.
...Alright, sorry for the dumb question, but you mean that you consider it somewhat real, even with reputation of the leaker, right?
Opposite.

I consider it to be 100% fake.

Last edited:

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
Yknow id kinda want a Simpsons Hit & Run 2. But with extra playable characters like Krusty, Ned and Seymour.

Natz~

Full of Hugs and Fire~
You've never seen a Yan who likes a Tsun then :V

Cause I have, its so dang cute, especially when the Tsun shows affection to her Yan girlfriend.
i haven't cause they are rare in interaction :V and usually involve horrors

and really? show and talk more~

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
It's cause it's in a huge gray area.

Unlike Smash, which we know for sure is showing up at E3 and coming out this year. Pokemon we know even less about, while knowing of it's existence for longer. It doesn't even have a trailer.

This is the first time since Melee when both a Smash and Pokemon game have been on the horizon at the exact same time.

Opposite.

I consider it to be 100% fake.
Ah, OK.

Really, only time will tell, I'm 50/50 right now on it. I want to believe mah boi Ridley will make it in. But after so many fake leaks about him, it's just hard to believe at this point.

Simon would be pretty cool too, not gonna to lie.

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
I'd be totally fine with Simon and Ridley, even if I have no true opinion of the latter. And Simon reminds me he was in the Smash lookalike DreamMix TV: World Fighters alongside Snake.

Real or not, I'm just flat out thirsty for Smash details.

Last edited:

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
I think you're thinking of Lena. But yeah, she's definitely an MVP. :p

Honestly Draug surprised me in the best of ways in my Shadow Dragon playthroughs. Mainly because he choked the one point in chapter ten to stop the swarm of cavalry reinforcements and killed this really annoying sniper in Altea Castle after promoting and getting bows (my javelins were elsewhere). Part of the reason I five starred him in Heroes. :p

My MVPs were definitely Caeda, Lena, Hardin, Jagen (growths be damned, his bases carried him), Barst, Minerva, Merric, and Ogma feat. Marth with a bit of Tiki, Draug, Beck, Jeorge, and Cain on the side, depending on the map or playthrough. There was also at least one where Julian did really well somehow.
That kinda reminds me how I realized Hector was an absolute unit. I was ignoring him as I wanted to train Lyn and Eliwood some more and somehow accidentally left Hector vulnerable for SEVEN entire enemies and they had the triangle advantage, I screamed when I noticed that as if Hector dies it's game over but then I saw how Hector tanked every hit and killed all those 7 enemies. Talk about a great first impression
I fail to see your differentiation between tanks and walls.
Knights have a very specific purpose and that is to stand in front of places and close them. Their Atk is also high enough they can cripple other enemy units for easy pickings later. It doesn't matter that they're gdtting doubled because 0x2 is still 0.
Knights may not shine in games where high Mov is basically obligatory(like FE4) or games with maps not designed to accomodate them(hello, FEA) but what happens when you remove one of their weakness that is their low Spd? You get Hector, that's what you get.

And, btw, Knights can actually make use of Javelins and, well, actually any lance they want since their arms aren't made of spaghetti.
Wall: Immovable Object
Tank: The same thing but it can also murder enemies and can actually move around well enough, so an Unstoppable Forcd
Again, the issue is that when the Knights aren't in a situation to take advantage of their strengths, which is often, they just can't keep up or so anything well enough.
Knights don't even cripple, in midgame my knights usually only end up doing like, a quarter damage and again, that's IF they hit which they don't like to do for some reason.
Because they don't get to earn as much EXP as every other unit due to being unable to get in the frontlines, they don't level up as often, which means their stats don't go up. Meaning while the enemies get stronger, the Knight's defence may not be stronger, meaning that by doubling they manage to put a sizeable chunk out of a Knight's HP and can't even escape from danger as easily as most units, ESPECIALLY Peg Knights

Chrono.

Simon would be great, I'm glad I played at least some Castlevania games after Smash 4 had come out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom