• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 6.0 - L'Arachel Edition, Apparently?

Best Galar Starter?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

Ya know, I have a strange relationship with edgey works.

I generally dislike most of them. I prefer to look at the happier sides of humanity.

But when edge is done right, it's downright fantastic.

On a personal note though... Shadow the Hedgehog (the game, not the character) was not edge done right. Neither was Sonic Forces (though at least that seems like parody).

That music tho~
I personally love me some edgey characters. I don't like when they're the full cast but they can serve as a nice contrast to others and can go full on "cool". They usually work well on villains to contrast with the lighter villains.
As for designs, it's mostly because I like dark colors and those are usually a synonym with edgy.
Still, I mean
You physicially can't get a design more edgy than this and I ****ing love it.
ooooh look at that, i can check that off my list
Oh wow good to see my favorite ship restock on fuel

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Sonic Forces as a whole wasn't really edgy, just Infinite. And the "THEY TORTURED HIM FOR M O N T H S" scene.
I know. That's why I said it seems like parody.

It's just.... the parody isn't funny and is done so poorly it feels like they wanted to be taken seriously at times.

Great song. But the Sonic '06 version was actually better.

My favourite tracks in ShTH were Westopolis, Sky Troops, and Lost Impact.
This is false.

But both versions are pretty great though.

Fun fact, this was gonna be in the game but was cut.

Wanna know something? Wanna know why Shiny is acting the way he is now? Because you guys do give him attention, everytime he does or say something weird, you all pile on him and then he apologizes, because he's just a 14-year old kid, he doesn't understand that you guys aren't being serious. I see complaints everytime how you can't recognize tone on the internet but you expect Shiny to do so. So it goes on a long forth-and-back of him apologizing because he's just a kid.
You can't complain about him wanting attention when you conditioned him to expect such, and as adults, you need to recognize this and take responsibility.
You don't treat him like you would with any other user, you belittle him like he's less than you because he's 14 years old and pick on him because you know he won't act out back. He doesn't know how to properly interact through the internet with people much older than him "on the same level", he didn't start the whole thing of seeing us as "better than him", it's you guys' fault for treating him "just like a child".
This is exactly why I, 4 years ago, used a fake birthday on this site(well, I wouldn't need to if I knew I could hide it), because it's the same everywhere on the internet, and I have no doubts I would have been treated that way if my actual age was public on this site: if you're young, then you'll have a bunch of adults bully you through their computers screen when all you need is to be treated equally.
If you want him to stop liking your posts, then stop calling attention to that. If you want him to stop apologizing, then stop calling attention to everything he does. If you want him to stop belittling himself, then stop doing that yourself.

This isn't to say Shiny doesn't have issues related to him alone, but let him resolve those, let him learn like anyone else would and did. And I'm gonna repeat myself again: he's just a ****ing kid, let him learn, he isn't supposed to know everything right from the start.

Thank you for coming to my TED Talk
That's exactly why I have tried not to do that. I have stopped the stupid "DON'T LIKE THE POST DUUUUUUUUDE" because its ultimately meaningless and Shiny doesn't do harm there. It's a quirk like Morbid. Nothing more.,

I'll admit that I have my moments, but I try to treat Shiny as an equal.

That said, Shishoe. The man is 14. He is at an age where will need to start to become an adult. If anyone's talking down to him, its you Shishoe.

"Oh he can't understand. He's 14."

Bull.

He's young and inexperience, but he isn't stupid.

CrusherMania1592

Deaf Smasher
Premium
3DS FC
5472-7454-3545
How about we move on and talk about other things... again?

Like tacos, or beef, or beef tacos...

... Did I mention tacos?
Here’s a thought. Chicken tacos

The Bell Grande from Taco Bell I sometimes switch the beef for chicken. My god they taste delicious

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
So doing some research and Maria Robotnik was actually a co-op playable character in the Gamecube and Plavstation versions of Shadow the Hedgehog.

My question is HOW and why when she was canonically dead?

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
So doing some research and Maria Robotnik was actually a co-op playable character in the Gamecube and Plavstation versions of Shadow the Hedgehog.

My question is HOW and why when she was canonically dead?
I guess the developers couldn't think of another Player 2 option and went "Hey, you can now play as the one you loved that was supposed to be dead."

Not that co-op characters are canon.

D

Deleted member

That said, Shishoe. The man is 14. He is at an age where will need to start to become an adult. If anyone's talking down to him, its you Shishoe.

Bull.

He's young and inexperience, but he isn't stupid.
Correct. It is my fault for the situation.

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
IM THE ****ING STRONG
The first time I got these Squad Tasks I completed everything by my own, but when I was about to kill the last Tyrant... the server borked.
Now I received the Squad Mission again and this time I successfully completed it, once again I killed the objectives all alone.
I also did the additional Missions in the Barracks Terminal, giving me the all the possible Reward Tickets from the Mission.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
I know. That's why I said it seems like parody.

It's just.... the parody isn't funny and is done so poorly it feels like they wanted to be taken seriously at times.
Outside of Infinite and the aforementioned scene, it didn' even seem like an edgy parody to me. It was just the standard Sonic romp, this time with your OC. I thought the game was actually pretty happy go lucky.

My issue is like Xenoblade 2 where I feel it didn't go far enough with its dark themes.

SegaNintendoUbisoft

The Amateur Artist
NNID
S.N.U0203
3DS FC
4725-8740-7336
It's funny that the thing that most people give Shadow the Hedgehog **** for is the gunplay, when it's actually one of the few gameplay elements that's actually pretty solid.

Should it have been in there to begin with? No, not at all, but for the most part it's implimented very well.

Swamp Sensei

BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
I find it too difficult to believe in it when I am being ignored and criticized by people here and IRL.
People are criticized in all aspects of life Shiny.

I'll just tell ya what my dad told me.

Barring rare circumstances, don't take criticism personally.

It's something I struggle with too, but it's necessary to do to get by in this world.

D

Deleted member

Bull.

He's young and inexperience, but he isn't stupid
Maybe I worded it wrong but what I meant is: treat him like you would anyone else, but let him have room to make his mistakes and learn from them.

And no, 14 isn't the age where anyone needs to start to become an adult, that comes later.

Fenriraga

You have the strength to overcome your destiny!
Writing Team
NNID
DarkAura
It's funny that the thing that most people give Shadow the Hedgehog **** for is the gunplay, when it's actually one of the few gameplay elements that's actually pretty solid.

Should it have been in there to begin with? No, not at all, but for the most part it's implimented very well.
Shadow is my least favorite Sonic game (Yes, even more than 06 or Lyric) yet the gun gameplay is one of the few things I think the game does well. It functions well enough in a Sonic game.

But yeah... Never again please.

Swamp Sensei

BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Maybe I worded it wrong but what I meant is: treat him like you would anyone else, but let him have room to make his mistakes and learn from them.

And no, 14 isn't the age where anyone needs to start to become an adult, that comes later.
I'm not expecting a 14 year old to have the sudden wisdom of an adult or anything like that.

But that's when you start to grow into adulthood as opposed to just growing up.

Teens are slowly becoming adults.

That's why teenager years are hard.

D

Deleted member

Concept: the character in your icon is now the playable character in their own game. The game is set in their universe of origin and only one thing is different: they have a gun.
Doesn't matter if their universe doesn't have guns. The gun possesses infinite ammo. If they already have a gun, they get another gun.

SegaNintendoUbisoft

The Amateur Artist
NNID
S.N.U0203
3DS FC
4725-8740-7336
Shadow is my least favorite Sonic game (Yes, even more than 06 or Lyric) yet the gun gameplay is one of the few things I think the game does well. It functions well enough in a Sonic game.

But yeah... Never again please.
If the Black Arms' and Egg Pawn's weapons were only ones avaliable, it would be weird but something you could get used to.

Realistic firearms on the other hand...lolno.

The Stoopid Unikorn

Spiciest of Guacamoles
Switch FC
SW-4202-4979-0504
Concept: the character in your icon is now the playable character in their own game. The game is set in their universe of origin and only one thing is different: they have a gun.
Doesn't matter if their universe doesn't have guns. The gun possesses infinite ammo. If they already have a gun, they get another gun.
Medusa with a gun?

It should totally shoot pegasi :troll:

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
So Kamiya gets to have a block gun? Cool.

D

Deleted member

No guys, it's just a gun, it shoots bullets. Nothing fancy or anything like that.

SegaNintendoUbisoft

The Amateur Artist
NNID
S.N.U0203
3DS FC
4725-8740-7336
"Who gave this little girl a gun?"

AreJay25

May or May Not Be Pac-Man

... Well, that's one way to prevent ghosts from respawning, I guess.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Comboman is already a beast though. And with his Punisher chest, he'll shoot his gun like the best of them.

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511

Mythra is now Gunnthra

Wait...

vaanrose

Let's Mosey
NNID
vaanrose
3DS FC
1762-2697-1591
Switch FC
SW-4679-3965-5961
You're all nerds. You're all outcasts. Most of you have low self esteem and half of you are depressed.

And yet you all pile on the one the herd perceives as the most of those things. You all need to take a step back and take a long hard look in the mirror.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Wanna know something? Wanna know why Shiny is acting the way he is now? Because you guys do give him attention, everytime he does or say something weird, you all pile on him and then he apologizes, because he's just a 14-year old kid, he doesn't understand that you guys aren't being serious. I see complaints everytime how you can't recognize tone on the internet but you expect Shiny to do so. So it goes on a long forth-and-back of him apologizing because he's just a kid.
You can't complain about him wanting attention when you conditioned him to expect such, and as adults, you need to recognize this and take responsibility.
You don't treat him like you would with any other user, you belittle him like he's less than you because he's 14 years old and pick on him because you know he won't act out back. He doesn't know how to properly interact through the internet with people much older than him "on the same level", he didn't start the whole thing of seeing us as "better than him", it's you guys' fault for treating him "just like a child".
This is exactly why I, 4 years ago, used a fake birthday on this site(well, I wouldn't need to if I knew I could hide it), because it's the same everywhere on the internet, and I have no doubts I would have been treated that way if my actual age was public on this site: if you're young, then you'll have a bunch of adults bully you through their computers screen when all you need is to be treated equally.
If you want him to stop liking your posts, then stop calling attention to that. If you want him to stop apologizing, then stop calling attention to everything he does. If you want him to stop belittling himself, then stop doing that yourself.

This isn't to say Shiny doesn't have issues related to him alone, but let him resolve those, let him learn like anyone else would and did. And I'm gonna repeat myself again: he's just a ****ing kid, let him learn, he isn't supposed to know everything right from the start.

Thank you for coming to my TED Talk
While you said is true and fair there’s more to the picture.

Shiny literally chooses not to learn or listen. We’ve all given him pretty damn good advice from mods to regular users. He’s ignored all of it. Something that o doubt a child would actually do. As someone who has worked with a lot of kids, I can assure you that they would at least take the time to truly read and take advice in. Which shiny clearly doesn’t.

He likes post without reading them and half the time his responses are completely out of tone to a post. This is just him blatantly ignoring and doing whatever he feels like on here. Something that to be quite honest I dislike greatly. No one should do things like that, especially in regards to a lot of topics that come up here like personal life issues or whatever.

He repeatedly has shown to care very little and just say what he thinks we want to hear, and quite frankly that’s not fair to everyone. It takes time and effort to genuinely respond to his posts with help and he could care less and is shown pretty much the next day if not relatively soon after being given advice to do the complete opposite.

That’s inexcusable. No kid should do this, it’s not fair and it’s wrong in the context of the posts.

But let’s move on. In addition to not caring, he claims to have severe depression only curable by ******* smash of all things or so be thinks. Should we really take this nonsense and excuse for him to be angry towards users?

Absolutely not.

On top of that he claims to try and do things irl and then comes back here saying things that pretty much reverse or make his statements in vein. It’s pretty clear at this point that the “kid” (because i honestly question if this is true more and more each day) has a severe addiction and some serious mental health issues.

And I don’t want to sound rude with that but he has basically said it himself. Hating who he is on here, supposedly being angry and upset for nothing, and always strive to be the center of attention. All of this is either a mental health problem or trolling. If the former is true and he really has these issues, than I honestly think he shouldn’t be allowed here.

Again not trying to be a **** but I am not staying quiet anymore. With what he posts he shows the internet or this site has truly led to an addiction and shown that he needs help irl. Which he won’t do because he always comes back here even if he says he’s going to take a break. I don’t want to see a kid get seriously messed up by depression or whatever else he may have that forces him to act like this. It’s not good for a person and I’m genuinely concerned for him and his safety/well being. He isn’t going to get help by being on here which is why part of me thinks a temporally ban may actually really help him recover and become better, because that’s only doable irl and not on here, but his site is proven to be an addiction that he doesn’t want to let go of and that saddens me and makes me hope that somehow something will happen and he can become healthy and safe by not being online.

If it’s the latter though which a small part of me has thought of, than I am legitimately sad that this is happening for both the thread and him. No matter how much I try I can’t shake this possibility but I really hope and want to believe it’s the first option and that he’s someone in need of a lot of help by leaving here so he can become the person he wants to be.

I’m sorry if any of this makes me sound harsh but it needed to be said. The two sides of me fear for his well being both also think we may all be fools, maybe that’s the autism side of me making me really think of different possibilities but regardless I couldn’t not let it go by unsaid. I hope something can be done and that some peace can return here as well as everyone being good to each other and safe or healthy mentally because this whole situation has definitely damaged some people here which upsets me. I just want things to be known and there to be good times all around without any problems.

Chrono.

Shadow is a game that just felt so fun to play. It did need a bit more polish, and has a few bugs, but really felt like a great and simple game for what it is.

If anything, a few keys were annoyingly hard to get, and the final boss fight was sometimes a pain to control.
I liveblogged the game many years ago on Tumblr.

I had a fun time laughing at the story and genuinely enjoying the gameplay when missions didn't kick my ass or levels were unnecessarily long (which is most of the final ones sadly.)

My plan was to play neutral, then pure hero, then pure dark. Only played Neutral and Pure Hero because I got busy with other stuff later on. I eventually lost the save and never got back to it.

Man having a job hiring people is a big eye opener.

So many small little variables are shown just by trying to get a job. Ability to get transportation, how things are at home, math skills, knowledge of various institutions like unions. All things that can wind up appearing.

It's one of those things that really puts my life in perspective of just how privileged I am. . .
:061:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom