• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 6.0 - L'Arachel Edition, Apparently?

Best Galar Starter?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
This crazy ******* took a truck and trailer through a drive thru!

Trailer being like a car trailer not a camping trailer.

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
Another animation legend dies.

2018 sure has a lot of tragic deaths so air.

There was a problem fetching the tweet

AndreaAC

Ridley's Propaganda Artist

:'( My father showed me this in the morning and I couldn't believe it...his creation was dear to me and my childhood. I swear I tried to hold my tears.

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004

DO I SEE A CRAB HOLDING MUTHA ****ING GUNS???

I am SO buying this on the Switch (even if it means making a Japanese account).

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
We interrupt this program to bring you...something you've probably been waiting on for a while.

Kinda depressing that Andy doesn't even make the wild roster lol. Not that I fault you too much because he goes under the radar for a lot of people. Still pretty sad tho.

And for the whole reduced roster thing, i've said my piece on that. It's just a bad idea on all fronts and leads to more harm than good.

D

Deleted member

Ouch.
Guy made a good name for himself.

Also... I HATE THAT JUMP ROPING GIRL IN BALDI'S PSYCHO BASICS!

Last edited by a moderator:

Blargg888

Oh okay.
NNID
Emerald_Latios
3DS FC
1977-0669-4694
Switch FC
SW-1254-5927-2992
I really wonder.

Kamiya: Dad, can I go play with my video games?

Mr. Kamiya: Blocked.

Kamiya: Can you be my valentine's date?

The girl in Kamiya's class: Blocked.

Kamiya: Can I have Bayonetta AND Wonder Red in Smash?

Sakurai: Blocked.
Now I'm starting to imagine that the reason Kamiya blocks people all the time is because he has childhood PTSD from being blocked by literally everyone.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
I have a FEH related question for you guys.

I realize that, while I currently have some pretty decent Fliers (namely, Michalis, Cordelia, and Valter), I haven't really considered making a flier team very much. Part of this is because I don't have any red fliers at 5 stars, which is understandable, considering there only 5 total within the entire game. Of those, two of them are seasonals(Halloween Nowi and New Years Camilla), and one of them is 5 star locked (Elincia).

That just leaves Palla and Caeda as the only two I have. Of those two, I am partially interested in Caeda, since she can get a unique weapon. I have just recently gotten to another 20,000 feathers, meaning that I feel like promoting someone soon, and I do have a +4 Caeda at 4 stars (I'm not quite sure why I merged them together either lol). As for their stats, they currently have:
HP: 17
Atk: 15
Spd: 11
Def: 5
Res: 12

Now, because merges give stat boosts, I'm not sure what her IVs are, and I am curious if they are any good. In addition to that, I currently have 260 Divine Dew, and I'm not sure if that's going to be enough to give her the Wing Sword, let alone refine it.

So the question is should I promote her or not? I'm thinking of making a flier team of her, Cordelia*, Valter*, and Michalis atm, since I don't really have a flier team at the moment. Thanks in advance.

*I will probably replace one of them with F!Morgan or Bride!Ninian if I end up getting either (or both) of those two.
Caeda's great.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
**** it, I will make a special Hunger Games with nothing but the walrus from Pingu not only to honor the man but to give me a laugh for the night.

CrusherMania1592

Deaf Smasher
Premium
3DS FC
5472-7454-3545
Wait, it's coming tomorrow already? Wasn't it like a tournament demo or something? I thought it was coming out at the beginning of June, did I miss something?

But if it's tomorrow then I'm totally bringing back my Switch to play it. Been a few months since I last played, and the new Mario Tennis looks great, so I'm really looking forward to it.
Yeah I'm surprised as well so I'm looking forward to picking up my Switch again beside the fact that I have 3 games I've barely touched atm lmao

*gets asked to be apart of the board*

*says yes*

*shows up to see if I'm involved in meeting*

*sits around for 2 hours*

*finds out I'm not chosen as planned*

Dafuq man? I sat around for two hours for NOTHING. Don't waste my time again if you'd rather just tell me after the meeting instead of before and get my hopes up for nothing

Sucks when you gotta deal with the negative thoughts too after hearing the announcements UGH

AndreaAC

Ridley's Propaganda Artist
I watched Pingu for a little bit some years ago. I thought it was a little bit weird back then and maybe today, but the clay sculpting was good.
Well that's something. Oh yeah, the wierd as *cursing NOOT NOOT* Walrus nightmare. And yes, it was GENIUS. As a kid I always wondered how they managed such amazing way of animating the figures.

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
**** it, I will make a special Hunger Games with nothing but the walrus from Pingu not only to honor the man but to give me a laugh for the night.
Oh dear. This will be good.

Now I'm starting to imagine that the reason Kamiya blocks people all the time is because he has childhood PTSD from being blocked by literally everyone.
Top 10 Anime Backstories

>First appearence: 2009
I'm sorry what
I know, it's a mistake.

Jeff the Killer is much older in comparison while Slenderman was born a few years later.

Robert of Normandy

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
NNID
shinpichu
3DS FC
2251-3915-5139
Switch FC
SW-4957-7233-2307

I realize that, while I currently have some pretty decent Fliers (namely, Michalis, Cordelia, and Valter), I haven't really considered making a flier team very much. Part of this is because I don't have any red fliers at 5 stars, which is understandable, considering there only 5 total within the entire game. Of those, two of them are seasonals(Halloween Nowi and New Years Camilla), and one of them is 5 star locked (Elincia).

That just leaves Palla and Caeda as the only two I have. Of those two, I am partially interested in Caeda, since she can get a unique weapon. I have just recently gotten to another 20,000 feathers, meaning that I feel like promoting someone soon, and I do have a +4 Caeda at 4 stars (I'm not quite sure why I merged them together either lol). As for their stats, they currently have:

Now, because merges give stat boosts, I'm not sure what her IVs are, and I am curious if they are any good. In addition to that, I currently have 260 Divine Dew, and I'm not sure if that's going to be enough to give her the Wing Sword, let alone refine it.

So the question is should I promote her or not? I'm thinking of making a flier team of her, Cordelia*, Valter*, and Michalis atm, since I don't really have a flier team at the moment. Thanks in advance.

*I will probably replace one of them with F!Morgan or Bride!Ninian if I end up getting either (or both) of those two.
I'm not entirely sure how to determine IVs from merged units?

Best way to reliably get IVs for her would be to get her to lv 20 and then preview her 5* stats. Her ideal boon is probably +Atk since she actually gets a superboon in Attack, though +Spd or to a lesser extent Res could be okay options as well. -Def is obviously her preferred bane since she's made of paper anyway.

FWIW I use her on my current flier team (Her, Minerva, Hinoka, F!Morgan). She does quite well there, though I admit it's not the best team. Also, you don't need divine dew to get Wing Sword, you can learn it like any other skill.

mario123007

HELLO, YOU HAVE ENTERED THE DUNK ZONE
NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
Yu: *under his breath* what the ****
Ragna: What are you looking at?
I don't care if it's out in Japan, I can't speak Japanese that well.
I also mentioned the game's frame rate drops greatly in Switch version...

I mean drop to 24 fps is okay but dropping to 20 is a bit of awkward...

You will probably prefer PS4 or PC version once you played Switch version.
Mfw sick Mythra art is appearing days before Garchomp7 ****s the Premiums avi size.

I have like 4 long avatars waiting to be used now :V
Eh, I was never fond with avatar being long but I feel you...

And congratulations Capcom, you played yourself:

ChikoLad

Purple Boi

I main a Flier team so I guess I can help somewhat.

First off, you are covered for getting Caeda's Wing Sword. Getting the base Wing Sword just costs SP, and is obtained from Learn Skills. The refines cost SP, Arena Medals, and Divine Dew, and is obtained from the Weapon Refinery menu.

Caeda is probably best built as a Res tank/Glacies nuke (I main Clair, who is basically just lance Caeda, and I exclusively used her this way before I really went crazy with her), since the Flashing Blade refine for the Wing Sword should allow her specials to get out more frequently. The only thing is, if you want to optimise that role, someone else needs Fortify Fliers and Hone Fliers. Caeda herself is the only Fortify Fliers fodder in the game (Summer Corrin has it too, but she's too rare to use as FF fodder when Caeda is common). Ward Fliers is also recommended on another party member. Shigure is the easiest fodder for that.

Michalis can make for a good Def tank, plus his A-slot neutralises the effective damage against Fliers that he would normally receive, so don't put the C-Slot Def buffs on him. Put them on Cordelia and Valter. You should also give anyone other than Michalis the Drive Def 2 Sacred Seal, I've found it invaluable on my Flier team. Also, put the Iote's Shield Sacred on someone besides Michalis. I'd say Valter would be a good choice, and he could also be made into a great mixed phase unit since he has great ATK, SPD, and DEF.

As for Cordelia, the standard Cordelia build should work fine, just play around with ways to expand her offensive capabilities.

This should be enough to get the ball rolling and you can go from there.

Chrono.

Man, uh.
The Gamecube Pokemon games did not visibly age well.

EDIT: Eevee also had a slight redesign in XD that I didn't recall at all lol.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Determining IVs from merged units isn't that hard, just compare the stats to the ones in the wiki and they'll be 1 or 2 points off.
Also, since Bridal Ninian is currently on focus, I'd recommend getting her for a flying team for obvious reasons.

And I saw a mention of longer avatars becoming a thing. Is there a base to that or is it just some rumor? Will my skinny boy finally be presented in all his grace?

mario123007

NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
Oh, so the Switch version is the one stuck in Japan then. That kind of also makes me feel a international release of DQ Heroes should be released already though, cause the translation work, has pretty much been done.
And hope they fix the frame rate.... that's a huge issue for DQ Heros i&II on Switch.

Omega Force probably have found their solution when making Fire Emblem Heros...
The Gamers are at it again

"How DARE those darn Liberal SJWs at Dice put WOMEN in my games."

Gamers eh? More like Battlefield fanboys to be exact....
And notice how those reddit thread titles never mention SJWs....SJWs is a blanket term... no matter who or how you use it...
To be fair, depends on how many female soldiers are there, if its games like CoD where so of its games are base on historical settings like WWII then I can see the issue...

But if it's just any fictional battle field or worlds like how Valkyria Chronicles is... then I don't see the problem here lol.
Ha! Stupid sjws, everyone knows women don't actually exist! God, I'm so tired of this feminist bull****.
Yeah, like any people will actually say that lol.

More like feminist in definition is not same same with how feminist are being portrayed these days, which is really not good...

Last edited:

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
Man, uh.

The Gamecube Pokemon games did not visibly age well.

EDIT: Eevee also had a slight redesign in XD that I didn't recall at all lol.
But they were pretty fun though regardless.

Last edited:

Robert of Normandy

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
NNID
shinpichu
3DS FC
2251-3915-5139
Switch FC
SW-4957-7233-2307
Determining IVs from merged units isn't that hard, just compare the stats to the ones in the wiki and they'll be 1 or 2 points off.
Not sure that's a hugely reliably method at level 1, considering stats already vary by 1 point at base....

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
The idea of them going with the Games as a Service model is an idea I've been thinking about recently, though I'm not sure if it's one they'd go through with. I'm not a developer or anything but I think an individual fighting game character would be more work than a new Splatoon weapon or ARMS character...but then again Overwatch follows a similar model, so who knows? Plus it's the less "safe" version anyway, so there's that.

Props for Celica by the way. I'm glad your usage of Twilight of the Gods foreshadowed it. Pretty much the same concept I've always been envisioning, so that's awesome. You echo my thoughts on Steve as well. And honestly I think the "Metroidvania on Ice" leak may have some teeth to it, so Ridley is all cool in my book.

Only thing is even in a Games as a Service model, I think Little Mac would be in the base game since he exudes western appeal, but I digress. :v

All in all I'd give it a "You sold me on Mii Mage when you brought up the Merric costume and I'll be severely disappointed when that doesn't happen now"/10
I think the biggest fighting game example of "games as a service" would be Killer Instinct. I don't think they'd do it either, but I suppose anything is possible.

The Stoopid Unikorn

Spiciest of Guacamoles
Switch FC
SW-4202-4979-0504
I have no idea who that is but I doubt it's a compliment because no one gets even near how great Mr.Compress is.
Well, my joke just failed...

Get some Watchmen in your life.

Not sure that's a hugely reliably method at level 1, considering stats already vary by 1 point at base....
Yeah, but it can be easy to determine which ones are the ones what got higher.

For example, HP tends to get the first point from the first merge because it's usually the highest base stat on level 1.

Last edited:

mario123007

NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
Good remix but I present you a counterpoint
:^)
Not gonna lie, this OP actually fits very well.

If I haven't watch MHA or Black Clover (Which... I actually didn't since episode 12...) I would have thought this was legit.
I love gow you missed my ooint completely
Do tell then lol. I was just seeing your quote only on the context...
If there's some irony in there, then I would have some laugh.

Last edited:

Robert of Normandy

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
NNID
shinpichu
3DS FC
2251-3915-5139
Switch FC
SW-4957-7233-2307
Yeah, but it can be easy to determine which ones are the ones what got higher.

For example, HP tends to get the first point from the first merge because it's usually the highest base stat on level 1.
Fair enough I guess

But that's still more math than I'm willing to do, just leveling to 20 and doing a preview is the lazy way out

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom