• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 6.0 - L'Arachel Edition, Apparently?

Best Galar Starter?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

The Stoopid Unikorn

Spiciest of Guacamoles
Switch FC
SW-4202-4979-0504
D

Deleted member

Being realistic is neither mate.
Well it seems the direction you are going is the pessimist style.
Congratulations, she has always been a deceitful brat.
You are just repeating it over and over.
We get that your taste for Natz~ is sour.
Also i thought the mafia games they played in decisive games were dead.
It is alive.
She lights everything on fire.

Everything.
21323.gif

I see. Me and my siblings still live together in a house just the three of us.
Is it too personal to ask where are the parents?

D

Deleted member

Yo speaking of writing discussions...

I wanted to follow up from my villain discussion only expect this time I want to talk about a very popular trope in fictional works.

...The good ol' Heroic Sacrifice trope that many writers like to use. i.e. the hero sacrifice themselves to take down the villain for the greater good of everyone else.

How do you guys feel about them in general? Personally I think they're good when used at the right time but I absolutely hate it when a heroic sacrifice is done and the villain still lives after.

I believe TV Tropes dubbed this trope the Senseless Sacrifice. When the hero's sacrifice doesn't do jack and the villain is still fine afterwards.

It's such a worthless trope IMO. Even if it is intended for emotional effect.
I feel the same, I hate the Senseless Sacrifice but good ****ing god is a Heroic Sacrifice hype and emotional. They can really elevate a confrontation, finish a character's arc and make the defeat of a seemingly invincible enemy not feel like a complete cop out.
. . .I'm not a fury. I like the avatar mate.
I never said you were Nick Fury, I said you were a furry

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
Congratulations, she has always been a deceitful brat.

Yeah she fooled everyone and covered up for my **** up lol.

Nah they still do em'. Our team just won yesterday's game of Mafia.
She lights everything on fire.

Everything.
Hence her being full of Hugs and Fire. :)

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
If you mean Girl only club anime? That's the main genre of anime I watch, and its no guilty pleasure. I'll gladly watch shows that have subtext so I ca

That is true, though I feel Deku is probably the most mentally unstable. He's way to destructive, Todoroki's complete detachment at least means he's not going to die from self inflicted wounds.

Data Squad is actually a pretty good season. Or at least I thought it was.

Yeah, let's keep harem genre out of Digimon please.

Yes and no. With the internet being wide open now its caused the Smash fanbase to basically scatter across the net.

Happens to me all the time. Forget where my wallet is, even though I know I put it on the side so I don't lose it.

To soon for PS5 I feel.

Not really, Nintendo and Sony competed with the PS1 and N64 both can exist at the same time. And Nintendo has Mario.

Well, its understandable to want a company to suffer the consequences of ****ty business decisions, and well Sony did suffer during the PS3, that price tag, so when Sony has gotten to big for its boots, it usually bites them in the ***.

Style shift in the anime again? Wonder what it will look. And glad the 150 leak is likely to be fake.

Don't you mean your happy the 150 leak is now probably dead?

Lower sales doesn't always mean no success.

There's backlash to every company when they announce consoles.

Biggest problem with console fanboys, always ****ting on rivals and always acting like their console is the best no matter what.

I thought he was scheduled to appear in the UK parliament first? Or did that already happen.

Same reason as to why I don't drink, don't need to know what my drunk persona is/

How jealous does that make your partner? :troll:

Who. Cool. Totally gonna main.

Also I will reanact the scene where Mario gets jobbed by 50 spiny shells once again.

I really don't want my filter removed then, you'd basically hear no end to my political rants, and how much I despise the Republican party in the USA and the Conservative party in the UK.

What you thought I'd do nothing but talk Yuri? I already do that all the time, so why would a filter need to be removed? :p

The zone where you get to me Drunken boxing masters :p

So, did it give Sonic levels of speed when you were a child? :troll:

Oh neat, I'm going to try these out.

Why stab you, when @Natz~ can just set you on fire again? :V

They seem to specifically doing it so that when the DLC drops it will be right when you lose interest, so they can drag you back in. :troll:
Who's my partner?

The Stoopid Unikorn

Spiciest of Guacamoles
Switch FC
SW-4202-4979-0504
We used a Social Group, but since that's gonna be removed in about two weeks, we'll actually be moving there and BRING LIFE TO THE WASTELAND!

If you wanna come along and join the madness, you're very welcome to.

I know the answer, but I'll wait and see if Kon and/or Katt are cool with sharing it themselves.

It's their parents, not mine.

LoneKonWolf

Lazy Lonely Lurker☕
Well it seems the direction you are going is the pessimist style.
A person will personally choose what flavor of life they'll look through. As long as one isn't blind then thats what matters.
You are just repeating it over and over.
We get that your taste for Natz~ is sour.
And here i thought people said i prefer bitter.
Dead.
I never said you were Nick Fury, I said you were a furry
And i'm not.
Yeah she fooled everyone and covered up for my **** up lol.

Nah they still do em'. Our team just won yesterday's game of Mafia.

Hence her being full of Hugs and Fire. :)
Pretty much.

If you say so, although I do feel there's a possibility she can try again and succeed in the future. Maybe not now, but later.
No.

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
I feel the same, I hate the Senseless Sacrifice but good ****ing god is a Heroic Sacrifice hype and emotional. They can really elevate a confrontation, finish a character's arc and make the defeat of a seemingly invincible enemy not feel like a complete cop out.
Yeah. I'm trying to think of some good examples from the top of my head. One that comes to mind though is FFX where Tidus essentially sacrifices himself to bring the Eternal Calm; also making him "fade away" in the process. Of course FFX-2 came around and ruined all that emotional impact with it's Hollywood-esque BS.
Hey, Vandham did nothing wrong.
I actually haven't played XC2 so I wouldn't know lol.

Starlight_Lily

Stage Overflowing with Starlight
I see. Me and my siblings still live together in a house just the three of us.
So you and @Natz~ are roomies? How cute. I live with my Mum, Niece and Brother. I want to move out though, cause I enjoed the independents I had at uni, but my current situation doesn't allow for that unfortunately.

Yo speaking of writing discussions...

I wanted to follow up from my villain discussion only expect this time I want to talk about a very popular trope in fictional works.

...The good ol' Heroic Sacrifice trope that many writers like to use. i.e. the hero sacrifice themselves to take down the villain for the greater good of everyone else.

How do you guys feel about them in general? Personally I think they're good when used at the right time but I absolutely hate it when a heroic sacrifice is done and the villain still lives after.

I believe TV Tropes dubbed this trope the Senseless Sacrifice. When the hero's sacrifice doesn't do jack and the villain is still fine afterwards.

It's such a worthless trope IMO. Even if it is intended for emotional effect.
I also find this trope to be dumb, cause its usually done for senseless drama, when there was already clear tension.

Who's my partner?
I just meant in general, to whoever was your real life significant other is all.

D

Deleted member

That is sad. :(
Now I have an understanding why you are so grumpy, because you probably are the leader. That is rough, raising two people.
I hope the best comes through you.
Stop it, please.
I know you are a pessimistic.
Being a pessimistic does not make you look cool.
Be optimistic. You get more friends, you are more liked, and you make better decisions if you are optimistic.

Last edited by a moderator:

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
So you and @Natz~ are roomies? How cute. I live with my Mum, Niece and Brother. I want to move out though, cause I enjoed the independents I had at uni, but my current situation doesn't allow for that unfortunately.

I also find this trope to be dumb, cause its usually done for senseless drama, when there was already clear tension.

I just meant in general, to whoever was your real life significant other is all.
I have no partner. Praline flies solo!

LoneKonWolf

Lazy Lonely Lurker☕
We used a Social Group, but since that's gonna be removed in about two weeks, we'll actually be moving there and BRING LIFE TO THE WASTELAND!

If you wanna come along and join the madness, you're very welcome to.
Interesting. I doubt i will i don't have the time to even check up on discord much.

I hope your quest is successful.
I know the answer, but I'll wait and see if Kon and/or Katt are cool with sharing it themselves.

It's their parents, not mine.
Past is past, i can't 100% vouch for her but we personally don't care. What happened happened.
That's what they all say.
Do they also continue to aggravate?
Oh, he just straight up said it lol

But yeah, they dead. Kon's basically the mom of the family. :troll:
You just recently reconfirmed on my bluntnesss surprised your even surprised.

Thats. . . A title i can't disagree with that i've been called many in the past.

Wait: have you really been cooking for Natz her entire life? From what I understand, I believe that's the case, to the point of where you can cook quite a lot of dishes. :o
No. Only about 10 or so years.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Some friggin' /VP/ poster is trying to bring back Piuk's "leak" by combining it with the Let's Go rumor and of course all the Poketubers are jumping right on that

And so many of their friggin' audience just eating it up

The Stoopid Unikorn

Spiciest of Guacamoles
Switch FC
SW-4202-4979-0504
Stop it, please.
Now I know you are a pessimistic.
Be optimistic. You get more friends, you are more liked, and you make better decisions if you are optimistic.
You really should practice what you preach before preaching it, Shiny.

I have no partner. Praline flies solo!
Do you? :smirk:

Interesting. I doubt i will i don't have the time to even check up on discord much.

I hope your quest is successful.
Thanks.

Thats. . . A title i can't disagree with that i've been called many in the past.
Mama Kon has a nice ring to it too :V

LoneKonWolf

Lazy Lonely Lurker☕
And our eldest brother kyler.

I see. Well i wish your situation improves in time. What are the current difficulties surrounding?
That is sad. :(
Now I have an understanding why you are so grumpy, because you probably are the leader. That is rough, raising two people.
I hope the best comes through you.

Stop it, please.
I know you are a pessimistic.
. . . What the hell are you talking about?
Mama Kon has a nice ring to it too :V
I'm now full of regret.

Starlight_Lily

Stage Overflowing with Starlight
And our eldest brother kyler.

I see. Well i wish your situation improves in time. What are the current difficulties surrounding?
lack of funds from not having a job is all, got one now, so I can make plans. But for now living with my Mum is fine. Allows to me to save up for games consoles in the future.

D

Deleted member

. . . What the hell are you talking about?
For the first one, I was trying to sympathize and find a reasoning for your actions.

Second part, pessimistic means a person who looks at the negative probability in the future. Optimistic means looking at the future in a positive matter. Read it again and tell me if it makes sense.

The Stoopid Unikorn

Spiciest of Guacamoles
Switch FC
SW-4202-4979-0504
Not you. Uni as in short for University. Your supposed to be Canadian, at least try to understand British slang, fake American pretending to be Canadian. :troll:
-_-

I'm now full of regret.
That made me laugh more than I'd like to admit.

Second part, pessimistic means a person who looks at the negative probability in the future. Optimistic means looking at the future in a positive matter. Read it again and tell me if it makes sense.
You'd say I'm cool, right?

Well, I'm a bit pessimistic as well, so your statements are already false.

Last edited:

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
I'd be pretty embarrassed if someone from my family showed up here lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom